ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nickmagill
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Foreign Birth Registration?

Post by nickmagill » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:25 am

Bluey105 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:02 am
Mine has arrived!! It took just over 5 months, very happy. Does anyone know if you can use Passport Express via the embassy in London?
Congratulations, Bluey105. Two questions: did you apply through the London embassy? And, would you mind giving a little timeline of when you applied, date of any requests by them for further information/documentation, and date when you heard (presumably by post?)?

Thanks a lot, Nick

Bluey105

Post by Bluey105 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:00 am

nickmagill wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:25 am
Bluey105 wrote:
Mine has arrived!! It took just over 5 months, very happy. Does anyone know if you can use Passport Express via the embassy in London?
Congratulations, Bluey105. Two questions: did you apply through the London embassy? And, would you mind giving a little timeline of when you applied, date of any requests by them for further information/documentation, and date when you heard (presumably by post?)?

Thanks a lot, Nick

Hi Nick

Thanks! Yes it was done via London. I applied May 25th and sent a feeler email in august and was told my application had gone over to Dublin due to the high number of applicants. I didn't receive a request for any further documents and it arrived 2nd Nov.

If you have any other questions just ask!

starjoey
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by starjoey » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:23 pm

Hi all,

Great discussion on here which has helped me through the application process. Sent my FBR app 13th Oct and received confirmation that they had received it on 16th Oct. The only thing I'm worried about is that my Grandma's previous surname was spelt incorrectly on my fathers birth certificate, but it's correct on her marriage certificate. Hopefully this shouldn't be an issue as I'm claiming citizenship through my Granddad- but I was a little flummoxed when the application requested mother's birth surname for each generation. If there is a problem - do they usually email rather than ring? Is most correspondence from Dublin rather than the London Embassy?

Waitingonireland
Newly Registered

Post by Waitingonireland » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:17 pm

starjoey wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:23 pm
Hi all,

Great discussion on here which has helped me through the application process. Sent my FBR app 13th Oct and received confirmation that they had received it on 16th Oct. The only thing I'm worried about is that my Grandma's previous surname was spelt incorrectly on my fathers birth certificate, but it's correct on her marriage certificate. Hopefully this shouldn't be an issue as I'm claiming citizenship through my Granddad- but I was a little flummoxed when the application requested mother's birth surname for each generation. If there is a problem - do they usually email rather than ring? Is most correspondence from Dublin rather than the London Embassy?
starjoey,
I applied directly to Dublin so not sure if Dublin or London will correspond (depends on if yours is sent on to Dublin I suppose) but I got the request for additional info by email from Dublin. My grandmother had changed her first name when she came to the US and they questioned that by email. I responded with an explanation and that was fine with them. I received my FBR about a month later. Names were changed and misspelled a lot in the past and they seem to understand. Good luck!

starjoey
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by starjoey » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:57 pm

Cheers for the reply waitingonireland. Feel like I have a long wait ahead of me.

LuluBlue76
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by LuluBlue76 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:04 pm

Bluey105 wrote:
Great news! :mrgreen:

Bluey105

Post by Bluey105 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:39 pm

LuluBlue76 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:04 pm
Bluey105 wrote:
Great news! :mrgreen:
Thanks! I was actually entered into the FBR in mid October, it seems if you're sent off to Dublin they get through them a bit quicker.

pixie1230

Post by pixie1230 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:34 pm

Hello is there anyone here that can help me?
I am having a dilemna on which is faster to get my child abroad. Should I just apply for a visa(join family) or apply for a fbr? I am naturalised irish. And my husband is irish by descent. I gave birth in my country of origin and left the baby there for months now, because of our work at the moment and no one will look after the baby. Now i resigned and already starting the ball rolling on how I can get my baby faster. Pls help.

emmamaymurphy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by emmamaymurphy » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:58 pm

My younger son (16) got his papers back today! FBR sent off May 10th, and according to the certificate he became an Irish Citizen on 17th October. Passport being applied for tomorrow and elder son will apply for his FBR next w/e when he returns from uni as we need his passport copied and certified.
Not sure if his papers were passed to Dublin or not as the letter is from Dublin, but posted from London....

Also just to say, had no emails or contact whatsoever until the post arrived today!

caferacer
Australia

Post by caferacer » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:21 pm

Can anyone help....Im in Sheffield,Hillsborough, UK, and after a year (on and off), finally got all required for my FBR application...a few questions.

Do i send the documents to London or straight to Dublin?

Do I need all photocopies (one copy of each)of the original documents certified?..and just one copy of each?..im sending the originals anyway.

Im doing a practise run with the online application...Im guessing it will print out my witness thing, which once done, i send with the documents?

Thx Chaps!!!!!

emmamaymurphy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by emmamaymurphy » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:36 pm

You send it all to London if you’re in the UK. They may possibly then transfer your application to Dublin to process, or may do it in London.

We sent photocopies of everything that also required an original or certified copy.

We got back (for first son) today together with actual FBR certificate the following:
original birth/marriage/death certs
Original proof of address
Photocopies of certified documents

When you’ve completed the online form you check it, save it and print it out. It then needs signing and witnessing before sending it with all the documents per the checklist.

I’m just about to start all over again with second son.,,,

Bluey105

Post by Bluey105 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:53 am

emmamaymurphy wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:58 pm
My younger son (16) got his papers back today! FBR sent off May 10th, and according to the certificate he became an Irish Citizen on 17th October. Passport being applied for tomorrow and elder son will apply for his FBR next w/e when he returns from uni as we need his passport copied and certified.
Not sure if his papers were passed to Dublin or not as the letter is from Dublin, but posted from London....

Also just to say, had no emails or contact whatsoever until the post arrived today!
I think it might have gone to Dublin as I was added the same day but included a tracked envelope for the return so it was posted out faster. Was it issued in Ireland? Congrats!

emmamaymurphy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by emmamaymurphy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:04 am

Issued in Ireland yes. I also had enclosed a tracked (uk) envelope but that hadn’t actually been used. Just happy to have received everything back so we can start another 5/6 month wait with number 2 son!

ninal01
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ninal01 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:43 pm

Bluey105 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:53 am
emmamaymurphy wrote:

I think it might have gone to Dublin as I was added the same day but included a tracked envelope for the return so it was posted out faster. Was it issued in Ireland? Congrats!
Hi all,

Amazing news for you guys! I sometimes wish I applied from the US because London seems to have quite the backlog. How were you advised that your applications had gone to Dublin? Or did you contact the London embassy (and do you have an email address for them)? Thank you! :)

Dm85
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Dm85 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:11 pm

emmamaymurphy wrote:

How does it get sent back to you? Royal Mail recorded??

caferacer
Australia

Post by caferacer » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:09 pm

Nice one Thank u, I was confused that the online application gets sent over the internet, and then you post/followup separately the documents, and photocopies.

OK, I will send registered everything to the Embassy in London.

I sure ive forgotten something...

caferacer
Australia

Post by caferacer » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:12 pm

Oh Yeah...how do i pay , do i list my CC number, or enclose a money order

Dm85
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Dm85 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:39 pm

caferacer wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:12 pm
Oh Yeah...how do i pay , do i list my CC number, or enclose a money order
Hi, you give your debit or credit details when you fill in the online application, can’t remember if there are any alternatives

haylingbilly
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by haylingbilly » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:43 am

I was just wondering if anyone else had applied via the Edinburgh Consulate recently to enquire how long FBR applications are taking to process via that route? I had seen from a previous post about a year ago they were then taking about 4 months to process. Thanks in advance.

Dm85
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Dm85 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:25 pm

Well finally received my FBR in the post today, they had attempted to deliver it Tuesday, my paperwork was received at the London embassy on the 3rd of may, so just over 6 months.

Now on to the passport application!

Dm85
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Dm85 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:48 pm

Dm85 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:25 pm
Well finally received my FBR in the post today, they had attempted to deliver it Tuesday, my paperwork was received at the London embassy on the 3rd of may, so just over 6 months.

Now on to the passport application!
Forgot to add the FBR certificate is dated the 6th of October and the letter the 18th, so just over 5 months to be added to the FBR and a month for it to be sent back with all original documents.

Bluey105

Post by Bluey105 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:41 pm

It looks as though applications that go over to Dublin are processed a few weeks faster. I also expect that the mad rush may have died down some what now, but who knows.

I just posted my passport application off, so fingers crossed that will all be OK. Not sure if I will see it this side of Christmas but hope to be using my Irish passport for a holiday at the end of January.

The news that Irish citizens don't need to apply for settled status after Brexit means that I can probably avoid getting a Brexit Britain passport as well. ;)

caferacer
Australia

Post by caferacer » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:29 pm

Im still confused, after my questions, i thought the online process , (the five tabs to fill in( , you print that out, and send it n with everything else, phtocopies and originals...but NO, my one asks me "send in online", so....when I fill in teh tabs online, it sends it though right???????..the onlt thing to print out is the checklist???THEN, i send all else separately to teh embassy, please, can someone be clear on this...

Bluey105

Post by Bluey105 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:33 pm

caferacer wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:29 pm
Im still confused, after my questions, i thought the online process , (the five tabs to fill in( , you print that out, and send it n with everything else, phtocopies and originals...but NO, my one asks me "send in online", so....when I fill in teh tabs online, it sends it though right???????..the onlt thing to print out is the checklist???THEN, i send all else separately to teh embassy, please, can someone be clear on this...
As far as I can remember you are given a copy of your FBR to print and send in and the bits online populate it

pixie1230

Post by pixie1230 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:39 am

is there anyone on here who applied for their children? Like months old? How long is the process? And since my baby doesnt have any identification yet. Is it just me and my husband who needs to present? And the billing address too? I am confused. As my baby is just 2 months old.