ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension Approval - Can we post here please!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

radam
Newly Registered

Post by radam » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:01 am

Any August Updates?

Benadie
Newly Registered

Sent FLR application today

Post by Benadie » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:28 pm

Hi, it has been some time since I last posted here.

We have been in England now since October 2005 on HSMP. I found work within a month and a half and have been in the sma job since then.

We submitted our application for FLR today 31 August by special delivery, so it should arrive at home office tomorrow.

Our first 12 months expire on 10 October 2006 and I hope the process for extension can b completed before then.

It has been fairly difficult these last couple of months. Making decissions on where and for how long to rent. Our current rental period of 6 months comes to an end on the 13th October - very close! SO we need the FLR to be approved before then to be able to extend our rental contract at the same property.

The other part that has been frustrating is that I am only in temperary employment at the moment. Applying for permanent positions is difficult since agencies recommend that I get the FLR first and then contact them again since companies would be reluctant to employ someone with only a 12 month visa! I think in this case the current 24 months given to new HSMP visa applicants is much better.

I will post updates to our extension application

kumi

updates..

Post by kumi » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:58 pm

One of those lucky days I believe... I called up Home office and got through the first try itself... FLR has been granted and i will get back my passport next week. not bad huh...

Just to summarize, I had applied on 2nd aug., the processing time now is one month I think.

I called up using the number listed on this thread of messages.

Ashekt

FLR Application

Post by Ashekt » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:34 pm

I have sent my FLR application on 2nd September and I am still awaiting the Reference no.

I wanted to know if temp jobs can be a problem as both me and my spouse are earning quiet well but through temp jobs.

Also wanted to know by what time can I expect my result as I have made every possible attempt to get my application back asap. I have paid through postal orders, sent the docs through special delivery and have sent a pre paid special delivery envelope to receive the docs back.

kumi

got it..

Post by kumi » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:03 pm

Just to let you guys know i got my passport and documents back with the visa stamped for four years. My passport expires in 3 years.., will be quite a fun to figure that ... but, i have 3 years to worry about it.. cheers... if you guys want to know my timelines., please follow this thread in the opposite direction..

radam
Newly Registered

Post by radam » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:56 am

Hi All

finally received my HSMP Extension Approval

My time lines were as follow:
Application Sent - 4 August
Payment Processed and Ref No. given - 8 August
Extension Approved - 2 Sept
Passpost & documents received - 5 Sept

Kumi..I had a similar case where my passport was expiring before end of the visa...its doesnt make any difference...just get a new passport from the Embassy and staple you old passport and new one together. Keep both of them togother always.

You can get a new sticker put on your new visa...but they will charge GBP 335 again...hence I didnt bother..the extension is now stamped on my new passport.

Regards

Amol

darn
Newly Registered

hello

Post by darn » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:47 am

hello
Application sent on 4th september
payment taken on 6th september
Still waitng for the refrence number :shock:

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:31 am

My timelines are:

Application sent: 2nd Sep
Appliacation received: 4th Sep
Payment confirmed: 5th Sep
Reference no. received: 7th Sep (sent on 5th Sep)

Awaiting results!!!

Best of luck to all other applicants!!

KingSD
Newly Registered

Post by KingSD » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:57 am

Question, I was reading the Home Office's advice on HSMP Extension and they say not to file any earlier than 5 weeks before expiration. Mine expires on 1 January 2007. The problem is that I have to be in Beijng in December, so I was going to file 6 November 2006. Is that too early? Will it negatively impact my processing?

The other issue is that I am due to go to the US on 26 November. That just gives me 20 days for processing and from what I gathered it is taking now about a month to process?

Any advice is greatly appreciated, and sorry this is my first post...and I didn't see anything when I searched that addressed this.

sac

Post by sac » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:43 am

I applied for extension 10 weeks before the expiry of my visa because I have a trip to Germany next month and need to apply for a Schengen visa.

I'm told my case has been decided (grant or refusal, I don't know) today [processing time 22 days], and hope to get my documents back tomorrow or day-after.

So I think you can send your application sufficiently in time for your trip, by 1st Nov or maybe even end-Oct, with an Urgent Treatment form stating the reason (if you have already booked tickets, enclose their photocpoy as well).

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:22 pm

I have applied for my HSMP extension arnd 11 weeks in advance, my visa is till 21st November...my case is still under considration and I have also not attached any urgent treatment form (although I have my travel planned in the 3rd week of Oct).

I really don't think applying early can be a probs and in your case u can easily do it arnd end of Oct'06 like me. Although I am still to hear frm home Office if there is any probs with my application. I have received my ref.no. My timelines can be viewed if u follow this thread in the upward direction.

angel1241

Post by angel1241 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:06 pm

Sac, when did you send in your application ???

I sent my application on 22nd August and stilll awaiting the decision.

Regards,
A

darn
Newly Registered

Still waiting for the acknowledgement

Post by darn » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:58 pm

Application was sent on 4th September
Payment was taken on 6th September
Still waiting for acknowledgement
Should I call them if yes what number????????/
Help please

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:28 pm

Wait for a day or 2 more and then call....the no. is +44 (0) 1142076016

sac

Post by sac » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:03 pm

Angel:
I sent it in a couple of days before you did.
I suggest you wait another 2-3 days. If you don't get your docus back from them by friday/saturday, chase it up on monday.
Good luck
S

KingSD
Newly Registered

Post by KingSD » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:03 am

Thanks for the tips. Here is another question, can you file for the extension outside the country? I was thinking that I could apply whilst back in the US for work. But I am assuming that they don't like to mail your documents back to the US do they?

angel1241

Post by angel1241 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:23 am

Thanks Sac,
Let us know the result when u get the docs back.

Cheers

sac

Post by sac » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:33 am

Got my HSMP 4-year extension this morning!! Pleased as punch!

Here's my timeline:

Visa due to expire 02-11-2006

19 Aug - Application sent in by my agent.

23 Aug - Case reference number generated.

26 Aug - Acknowledgment letter with ref number received.

01 Sep - Urgent Treatment form faxed; Reason: Schengen visa appointment for scheduled business trip to Germany in early October. (the Schengen rules require you to have minimum 3 months validity on your UK residence visa, beyond the end of the planned trip)

05 Sep - Caseworker phoned my agent in the morning saying that the payment department had just notified him that my credit card payment was declined. (I don't know why that happened... expecially after the acknowledgment letter had clearly said "payment where applicable has been processed"...???) Anyway, my agent arranged to collect the docus back through a courier that afternoon, and the application was re-sent the next day (6 Sep), with payment in postal orders this time.

12 Sep - Passport endorsed with UK Residence Permit (Limited Leave To Remain) till 2nd Nov 2010 at WPUK Moorfoot.

14 Sep - Docus received at my home, by Royal Mail recorded delivery, 10 am.

Total time taken - door to door: 26 days / receipt to stamping: 22 days

Observations:
1. PAYMENT: Postal orders seem to be the most fail-safe and quickest way. Bought in cash over the counter at any Post Office branch, they will come in two units (£250 + £85). A surcharge of about £16 has to be paid on top.

2. DOCUMENTS: Besides the completed application form, 2 photos and passport, I sent in the original WPUK approval letter, my job offer letter, recent confirmation of employment with my business card stapled to it, 6 months payslips, 5 months bank statements, P-60, NI number confirmation letter and tenancy agreement.

3. ECONOMIC ACTIVITY: My job is in my field of expertise, though the salary is not very great (£20k p.a). I did not have/show much savings when I applied, but the regular credit of salary backed up by documentation seems to have been enough.

4. TIME IN UK: I got the EC in Mumbai, India, in Nov 05, entered the UK in mid-Jan 2006 and have been working continuously since end-Jan. At the time of extension application I had spent 7.5 months in the UK (7 of which in employment).

5. URGENT TREATMENT FORM: I don't know if it helped very much (took 14 days to get my docus back after faxing the request), but who knows? Maybe would have taken longer without it, and I had a valid reason, so it was worth a try.

6. USING AN AGENT: I suppose I could have made the application myself, but I figured that an extra £293 (what my agent UK Working Ltd charged me) was not a big price to guarantee 4 years' peace of mind. They also collected and re-sent the app when there was a problem with my payment, and kept me updated on the progress. I recommend them for a reasonably-priced service. www.ukworking.com.

Hope the above will be of help to other applicants.
Thanks and good luck to all!
S

darn
Newly Registered

Post by darn » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:45 am

Congratulation sac,
Do we get back just passport or approval letter and salary slips as well?

sac

Post by sac » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:43 pm

darn: they send back the passport plus all the documents you have sent in the return envelope

doctorwasim
Newly Registered

Had to withdraw Application

Post by doctorwasim » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:02 pm

Hi everyone,

Having looked at the recent posts on this thread, I was quite optimistic in having my HSMP extension stamped within 3-4 weeks.

22 Aug: Applied/ Credit Card Payment Taken

25 Aug: Reference Received

10 Sep: Sent Urgent Treatment form (Travelling to India for 2 week trip, and my visa expires within 2 days of returning, so felt it was appropriate to apply before I leave)

12 Sep: Called only to know that after 20 days of payment processing, my application is not even allocated to a case worker. They say its unlikely it will be processed in a week. Hence asked them to return the application with my passport. They say it will be with me next day.

14 Sep: Not yet received my documents...am travelling on 20th and there is a weekend in between...

It is sad and I was extremely disappointed with the service.

sac

Post by sac » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:04 pm

drwasim, i feel you might have been a little hasty to withdraw your application.
if you see my timelines above, you'll see that you might have got it in time.
it usually takes a few days to assign a caseworker, but then the decision and stamping is pretty fast.
if your visa is due to expire just 2 days after your return, don't you think the immigration officer is going to wonder whether to admit you in?

doctorwasim
Newly Registered

Probably

Post by doctorwasim » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:11 pm

Yes I may have been a little hasty but had to weigh the 2 decisions... on one side I lose £335 and have to reapply after i come back. On the other side, I lose almost £2000 on tickets/other arrangements for the family, and lose my holiday!

As I type, I have just received a phone call from the home office apologising for the delay, and they have apparently granted me LTR till 2011! Passports should be with me the day before I leave.

sac

Post by sac » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:01 pm

drwasim: great news! ;-)

viren68

Phone Number 0114 207 6016

Post by viren68 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:19 am

Ashekt wrote:Wait for a day or 2 more and then call....the no. is +44 (0) 1142076016
Is there any other phone number besides 0114 207 6016.

It always shows user busy.

Viru