ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In-Person applicants experiences

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:08 pm

Thanks for the link i have gone through it already and posted there as well.... its just un believable.....its really bad to see that even though your paying 1200 pounds yet you can't get served
It is understandable sometimes it gets busy and have backlogs. In that case they should atleast reduce the fee and not take the premium fee.

camcan

Post by camcan » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:15 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
Thanks for the link i have gone through it already and posted there as well.... its just un believable.....its really bad to see that even though your paying 1200 pounds yet you can't get served
It is understandable sometimes it gets busy and have backlogs. In that case they should atleast reduce the fee and not take the premium fee.

verry rite thats my point why should i pay for here failures

calvtan

Re: Primeum service experienc

Post by calvtan » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:20 pm

camcan wrote:I got a very quick experience but in a bad way...

I arrived 13 jan.... got through security my number called within 15 mins of appointment time... went to desk the lady enterd info in the computer. check bank statment and payslips... and than asked for degree... i told her it wasn't required as is supplied with intial application.. but never the less i have it so you can take it..... she said have you heard that passports might not be given today as we are havng back logs ... she than said i will be giving 3 year visa from the date of expiry.....You will get your documents back by post within two weeks.... i said But what fee should i pay than i was told the premium fee.......she said its snowing to hard and we dont want to keep anyone too long ... i said thats fine i can wait.... she said no sorry it will be sent within two week by speical delivery .... i told her my emloyer would ask me for the extended visa.... so can you please give me a lette that you guyz will post back the results or my documents and application are with you.... i was told no.. than she gave her landline number and said you can give that...... i was not happy... but didn't do anything just went out... i have seen some others who have had the same experience and got there documents back wihtin 5-6 days being told the same..... please let me know if anyone has had similar exprience and should i complain ? because i dont know whether it would make the matters good or worst

Please share if some one has had similar experience
Do you mind updating which PEO did you went to for others planning to apply in person next few days/week (depending on weather - so they can be prepared)? As we have seen other applying PEO Solihull holding back 2 weeks.

Thanks.

camcan

Post by camcan » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:28 pm

calvtan wrote:
camcan wrote:I got a very quick experience but in a bad way...

I arrived 13 jan.... got through security my number called within 15 mins of appointment time... went to desk the lady enterd info in the computer. check bank statment and payslips... and than asked for degree... i told her it wasn't required as is supplied with intial application.. but never the less i have it so you can take it..... she said have you heard that passports might not be given today as we are havng back logs ... she than said i will be giving 3 year visa from the date of expiry.....You will get your documents back by post within two weeks.... i said But what fee should i pay than i was told the premium fee.......she said its snowing to hard and we dont want to keep anyone too long ... i said thats fine i can wait.... she said no sorry it will be sent within two week by speical delivery .... i told her my emloyer would ask me for the extended visa.... so can you please give me a lette that you guyz will post back the results or my documents and application are with you.... i was told no.. than she gave her landline number and said you can give that...... i was not happy... but didn't do anything just went out... i have seen some others who have had the same experience and got there documents back wihtin 5-6 days being told the same..... please let me know if anyone has had similar exprience and should i complain ? because i dont know whether it would make the matters good or worst

Please share if some one has had similar experience
Do you mind updating which PEO did you went to for others planning to apply in person next few days/week (depending on weather - so they can be prepared)? As we have seen other applying PEO Solihull holding back 2 weeks.

Thanks.

I went to solihull... and i beleive its since the snow on 6th january there has been problems.... avoid them at all cost is what i would say... or call home office and say all the cases of premium service are back loging and we would like to shift our appointment otherwise raise the question why premium fee should be paid... before going tere...

calvtan

Post by calvtan » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:03 pm

camcan wrote:
calvtan wrote:

Thanks.

I went to solihull... and i beleive its since the snow on 6th january there has been problems.... avoid them at all cost is what i would say... or call home office and say all the cases of premium service are back loging and we would like to shift our appointment otherwise raise the question why premium fee should be paid... before going tere...
Thanks for the rapid update, so it seems that PEO Solihull is under-staff in this snow conditions - yours seems to be the 2nd/3rd case now for that particular PEO - Solihull.

camcan

Post by camcan » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:09 pm

calvtan wrote:
camcan wrote:
calvtan wrote:

Thanks.

Thanks for the rapid update, so it seems that PEO Solihull is under-staff in this snow conditions - yours seems to be the 2nd/3rd case now for that particular PEO - Solihull.

Yes its a very small office an they are having promblems...... i know there was another couple they just needed the visa for there child and they had a flight next week so on tat basis they told them they would send them by tuesday or make sure they recive the application by tuesday.. its just i can't believe this... when i asked them the fee should i not than pay normal fee they said no... its premium fee...

calvtan

Re: Premium service experience

Post by calvtan » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:11 pm

camcan wrote:
calvtan wrote:

Yes its a very small office an they are having promblems...... i know there was another couple they just needed the visa for there child and they had a flight next week so on tat basis they told them they would send them by tuesday or make sure they recive the application by tuesday.. its just i can't believe this... when i asked them the fee should i not than pay normal fee they said no... its premium fee...
I really hope the weather gets better soon... not only visa problem, post/travelling. Anyway, all the best with your application.

Thanks for the update.

hsmpaspirant2008

Post by hsmpaspirant2008 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:29 am

Nov 18: Got in-person appt. for Jan 14 Sheffield PEO
Jan 14
10.15am: reached and submitted
11.45am: updated that they are still working on it
1.15pm: approved for self and dependants
1.30pm: found a mistake in residence permit
3.15pm: received new corrected residense permit

Overall, very good experience well worth the additional £200 for in-person appointment.

Heart felt thanks to everyone on this forum who go out their way to help other people.

Thanks

ashik_a_s

Post by ashik_a_s » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:53 am

Hi all,

I had my In-Person Appointment at PEO Birmingham today(18/01/2010) for my Tier-1 Extension Approval and it was at 9:45 AM for me and 2 dependants.

9:00 Reached PEO Office, Solihull, Birmingham- Given token
9:45 Called to the counter. Submitted the application forms and evidence docs.

10:15 As told by the officer, i was organised and she checked bank statements, payslips and she evn asked for degree certificate and english language letter issued by the university. Luckily i had it with me and i think that saved her a lot of time.

10:20 Paid £ 1120 in the cashier counter.

Was asked to wait till 12:00 PM .So went out to local town center and returned at 12:00 and the passsport was stamped with the visa for 3 years as i was under HSMP visa.

Note: There is a new version of dependants form which shud be used from 15 Jan 2010 available in UKBA site.
Old version was valid from 06 Jan 2010

san.b.setty
Newly Registered

Post by san.b.setty » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:22 pm

Dear All,

Let me begin by thanking each and everyone in this forum who have helped me to get my Tier 1 extension.
This forum has been my major mentor while applying for HSMP and Tier 1 Ext and I have learnt a lot here.

I have applied HSMP/Tier 1 for at least 10 friends (with different complex issues) from the experiences and instances that
I came to know here.

Coming to my in person experience:

I was on HSMP Visa and applied for extension through Tier 1 (General) on 15th Jan 2010.

Case: HSMP Extension - Tier 1 General
Applied in person: 15/01/10 - 9.00am - Croydon PEO
Application Approved: 11:55am
Visa Collected: 12.15pm

I hold a HSMP Visa valid between Feb 08 - Feb 10 After the extension, Tier 1 (General) - Feb 10 - Feb 2013

I have booked via online on 15th December 2009 (~ 3pm).
I was trying for an online appointment everyday for a couple of days and luckily I got one slot for 9:00 am on 15th at PEO Croydon.

I came to London bridge and took the train from Platform 13 to EastCroydon, from there it was a 5-7min walk to PEO Croydon.
I took a print out of google maps with me, it was quite easy to get to Lunar house.

8:30 - 8:35 Reached PEO croydon and went through the airport style security.

8:35 - 8:45 The staff were very friendly and there was a small line of 5 people before me in the ground floor to enter into the
preliminary check counters.

8:45 - 8:55 Preliminary check
In my case only my name was checked and a stamp saying 'Valid' was palced where my name was present and the document
was stapled and was just asked to show my photos, no documents or bank statements were checked.

I was given a token number and told that I have to pay at a counter in first floor and go to a counter in second floor.

8:55 - 9:00 PAYMENT of FEES £1020 - Debit card
There were 3 counters operating and the payment was real quick at the counter to which I went.
The lady was typing into the computer, as if she wants to break the keyboard, it was quick though.

9:00 - 9:40 By the time I reached third floor, the caseworker lady was calling my token number. The speaker at the counter was really really low
so I have to press my ears hard to hear what she was saying.
The lady asked for the "application" and I heard it as "appointment" letter and started giving appointment letter :)
She just pushed that away and started signalling toward the application form.
The she asked me to give my original degree certificate, I have ticked that I have proved my education qualification previously, but luckily I took my original degree certificate along with me, which helped!
Then she asked me to give last 12 pay slips, as I lost one of the payslips and could not get hold of the previous employer, I worked for 3 employers in the previous year.
I told that I am corroborating my payslips and bank statements with P60.

I think she is new to handling Tier 1 cases, so started getting tense (yes, it was not me, the caseworker was getting tense and I had no clue how to fill her with confidence)

I told her a couple of times that I have P60 till Apr 2009, and this should be considered till April and as I have payslips post April, she could use them for earnings post April.

she started getting even confused when I gave ICICI Bank UK bank statement for last 3months maintenance funds requirement.
Though I had enough funds in my salary account(HSBC), I thought providing additional funds would help (which turned out to be a mistake)

I provided ICICI UK account statement as an additional evidence, the dot matrix copy I think really baffled her and she asked me
whether it was an international bank account, I said "No it is ICICI UK bank"

Anyway then I provided her with bank statements, and she started matching the values on the payslips to the bank statements. Finally after going through all the bank statements,
she looked less nervous. she finally said that she was doubtful with the missing payslip so she would go and speak with her manager.

I waited there, trying to figure out how best I could make her understand that I am providing bank statements, payslips and P60 and still why she was getting confused.
She came back after couple of minutes smiling and said that her manager told that she could go ahead without considering the month for which I could not provide payslip and as I am getting the points
which I need, she said that one month would not matter, and she could process my application (But still did not say "approve")

She said as processing requires a lot of paper work, it might take 2hours, so asked me to come back in two hours so that
she could let me know the decision.
I thanked her and left and thought it is better to run out and bury my head in sand.

9:40 - 11:20 I went out to whitgift centre and did rounds in almost all the stores to beat the 2hours and then when I came
back to the PEO office, I found that I have to go through the security thing again, and this time because there are loads of people
( I overheard that they were seeking asylum, I also observed how differently they were treated by the staff...) it took good 5min waiting
and 5min in line for the security check.

11:20 - 11:45 I went back to the third floor and saw that the lady was processing someone else so I just sat there waiting what to do.
In the meantime one of the staff came to me and asked
what I was waiting for, I told her that I am applying for Tier1 and I was asked to comeback in two hours, she said that
it would normally be in first floor and asked me whether I am sure it is in this floor, I said I was told to come here.
Then she went away.

11:55 - 12:05 After the caseworker finished with the other case, she asked me to come in and finally told the good news that I was given Tier 1 extension.
Though she said because the payslip was missing feb sal was not considered. She asked me to go to first floor counter 16 to collect the passport.

12:05 - 12:15 Collected passport with the Tier 1 visa, checked everything in order (name & expiry), placed a good job feedback.

Overall a really pleasant experience I should say, though the caseworker was not aware of stuff, everyone seem to be polite and helpful.

Thanks everyone who share their experience and invaluable guidance.

Really appreciate Immigration Boards.

Cheers,
Mohan C

vks

Post by vks » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:44 pm

san.b.setty wrote:Dear All,

Let me begin by thanking each and everyone in this forum who have helped me to get my Tier 1 extension.
This forum has been my major mentor while applying for HSMP and Tier 1 Ext and I have learnt a lot here.

I have applied HSMP/Tier 1 for at least 10 friends (with different complex issues) from the experiences and instances that
I came to know here.

Coming to my in person experience:

I was on HSMP Visa and applied for extension through Tier 1 (General) on 15th Jan 2010.

Case: HSMP Extension - Tier 1 General
Applied in person: 15/01/10 - 9.00am - Croydon PEO
Application Approved: 11:55am
Visa Collected: 12.15pm

I hold a HSMP Visa valid between Feb 08 - Feb 10 After the extension, Tier 1 (General) - Feb 10 - Feb 2013

I have booked via online on 15th December 2009 (~ 3pm).
I was trying for an online appointment everyday for a couple of days and luckily I got one slot for 9:00 am on 15th at PEO Croydon.

I came to London bridge and took the train from Platform 13 to EastCroydon, from there it was a 5-7min walk to PEO Croydon.
I took a print out of google maps with me, it was quite easy to get to Lunar house.

8:30 - 8:35 Reached PEO croydon and went through the airport style security.

8:35 - 8:45 The staff were very friendly and there was a small line of 5 people before me in the ground floor to enter into the
preliminary check counters.

8:45 - 8:55 Preliminary check
In my case only my name was checked and a stamp saying 'Valid' was palced where my name was present and the document
was stapled and was just asked to show my photos, no documents or bank statements were checked.

I was given a token number and told that I have to pay at a counter in first floor and go to a counter in second floor.

8:55 - 9:00 PAYMENT of FEES £1020 - Debit card
There were 3 counters operating and the payment was real quick at the counter to which I went.
The lady was typing into the computer, as if she wants to break the keyboard, it was quick though.

9:00 - 9:40 By the time I reached third floor, the caseworker lady was calling my token number. The speaker at the counter was really really low
so I have to press my ears hard to hear what she was saying.
The lady asked for the "application" and I heard it as "appointment" letter and started giving appointment letter :)
She just pushed that away and started signalling toward the application form.
The she asked me to give my original degree certificate, I have ticked that I have proved my education qualification previously, but luckily I took my original degree certificate along with me, which helped!
Then she asked me to give last 12 pay slips, as I lost one of the payslips and could not get hold of the previous employer, I worked for 3 employers in the previous year.
I told that I am corroborating my payslips and bank statements with P60.

I think she is new to handling Tier 1 cases, so started getting tense (yes, it was not me, the caseworker was getting tense and I had no clue how to fill her with confidence)

I told her a couple of times that I have P60 till Apr 2009, and this should be considered till April and as I have payslips post April, she could use them for earnings post April.

she started getting even confused when I gave ICICI Bank UK bank statement for last 3months maintenance funds requirement.
Though I had enough funds in my salary account(HSBC), I thought providing additional funds would help (which turned out to be a mistake)

I provided ICICI UK account statement as an additional evidence, the dot matrix copy I think really baffled her and she asked me
whether it was an international bank account, I said "No it is ICICI UK bank"

Anyway then I provided her with bank statements, and she started matching the values on the payslips to the bank statements. Finally after going through all the bank statements,
she looked less nervous. she finally said that she was doubtful with the missing payslip so she would go and speak with her manager.

I waited there, trying to figure out how best I could make her understand that I am providing bank statements, payslips and P60 and still why she was getting confused.
She came back after couple of minutes smiling and said that her manager told that she could go ahead without considering the month for which I could not provide payslip and as I am getting the points
which I need, she said that one month would not matter, and she could process my application (But still did not say "approve")

She said as processing requires a lot of paper work, it might take 2hours, so asked me to come back in two hours so that
she could let me know the decision.
I thanked her and left and thought it is better to run out and bury my head in sand.

9:40 - 11:20 I went out to whitgift centre and did rounds in almost all the stores to beat the 2hours and then when I came
back to the PEO office, I found that I have to go through the security thing again, and this time because there are loads of people
( I overheard that they were seeking asylum, I also observed how differently they were treated by the staff...) it took good 5min waiting
and 5min in line for the security check.

11:20 - 11:45 I went back to the third floor and saw that the lady was processing someone else so I just sat there waiting what to do.
In the meantime one of the staff came to me and asked
what I was waiting for, I told her that I am applying for Tier1 and I was asked to comeback in two hours, she said that
it would normally be in first floor and asked me whether I am sure it is in this floor, I said I was told to come here.
Then she went away.

11:55 - 12:05 After the caseworker finished with the other case, she asked me to come in and finally told the good news that I was given Tier 1 extension.
Though she said because the payslip was missing feb sal was not considered. She asked me to go to first floor counter 16 to collect the passport.

12:05 - 12:15 Collected passport with the Tier 1 visa, checked everything in order (name & expiry), placed a good job feedback.

Overall a really pleasant experience I should say, though the caseworker was not aware of stuff, everyone seem to be polite and helpful.

Thanks everyone who share their experience and invaluable guidance.

Really appreciate Immigration Boards.

Cheers,
Mohan C
Good lessons!
Regards,
vks

fahsag
Newly Registered

Glasgow PEO Experience

Post by fahsag » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:50 pm

Hi All...

firstly... thanks everyone who posted on this forum... helped me greatly to get my extension successfully....

Although I live in leeds, I got the appointment at Glasgow PEO for 19th Feb 10 in the morning at 9.

Reached PEO around 8:15 and was asked to wait outside for another 15 mins.
8:30 AM - Made it to the security where they asked me for a letter or printout of booking confirmation which I did not have as I booked mine over the phone and only got a text message from UKBA. So they asked me for my reference number and passport to confirm the name on their list. Then they checked my bags and took out mobile charger, headphones, keys and asked me to hand in my mobile as well...

8:40 - Reported at the reception where they confirmed my name again and asked me to wait.

9:00 - Called at reception and given ticket.

9:15 - Caseworker called at another counter through my ticket number and asked me to give him all the documents. The only question asked was WHAT TYPE OF VISA YOU APPLYING FOR. He then told me to wait as he will go through all the documents.

9:40 - Told me that application form and all the documents are perfect and that he has hardly seen anyone so organised and well presented. He returned all the documents and asked me to pay at the counter and wait to be called again.

9:50 - Paid at the counter using Visa Debit. Got the receipt and went back to the waiting area.

10:00 - called again by a different caseworker and asked to give all the documents that I showed earlier. She took the documents and went to photocopy. Came back after 5-8 mins and said that we will be granting you 3 years visa. She kept the passport, application form and a picture and returened other documents and asked me to wait while they get it stamped on my passport.

11:00 - Called at the counter and given passport with three years visa stamped. Checked that all is correct and signed on their sheet to confirm that I received it.

So a great experience in all. The whole process only took 2:30 hours and the staff was really friendly.

Thanks again eveyone for posting such valuable information..

Fahad

mianrm

Post by mianrm » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:06 am

Hi all,

I got my Extension for next 3 years, i was on HSMP and now i got the Tier 1 extension,

I went to PEO on 18th.... Case worker ckecked all my applications and documents, she then told me to wait , after 1 hour she called me again and asked me questions about my self employment work, for which i helped her to understand accountant letter, BS, P&L statement, Invoice Letter from Accountant and showed her the related transactions in my Account.

She then went to see the senior Accountant and it took just 5 mins and she said im happy with your case, just need time to fill in the notes which is req. form us, please come after 1 hour to collect the passports.

I have 3 dependants and she just took the dependands forms without any evidenvces ...... and when i remind her about it she said..... oh no i can see all of them with you so no worries. just gave me funds letter from bank.

My Experience overall was very good and
THANKS TO THIS FORUM AND EVERYONE WHO HELPED.

cheers
Mianrm

mubu

Post by mubu » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:18 pm

Got extension approved :)

Submitted payslips, dividend vouchers, bank statements (did not submit business accounts/business bank statements/invoices etc). Just gave accountant letter extra, thats it

Reached PEO at 9AM, all done by 12PM I was out!!

Thanks to all seniors and the forum members here, I am very grateful to you chetan, ramesh, push, sushil and all those who helped!!!

Oasis4u

Post by Oasis4u » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:00 am

Congrats Mubu.. great stuff.
Enjoy your day!!

Cheers :D

mubu wrote:Got extension approved :)

Submitted payslips, dividend vouchers, bank statements (did not submit business accounts/business bank statements/invoices etc). Just gave accountant letter extra, thats it

Reached PEO at 9AM, all done by 12PM I was out!!

Thanks to all seniors and the forum members here, I am very grateful to you chetan, ramesh, push, sushil and all those who helped!!!

ash210

My experience

Post by ash210 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:31 pm

Hi
i got my tier 1 approved and thanks for all ur help my experience as below
got my agent to submit in person for me at croydon 9am on tuesday 9/03/10
he reached there at 8 am and after wait and getting the docs checked he was let in at 8:45 and someone called him to a counter and validated my documents and asked him to come back at 4pm to collect and at 4pm they said due to the strike action they were unable to do the security check and whos office is at liverpool and which forms the first step of any application.
and they said they hope to resolve all the monday and tuesday applications by thursday(11/3/10)
and thursday at 4pm he got my passports( me and 2 dependents) back with 3 years visa
thanks for all ur help
Regards

s16puneet
Newly Registered

Re: My experience

Post by s16puneet » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:27 pm

Hello Mate,

Congrats for getting you visa.
Did you collected you passport in person or was it sent by post?
I went same day at 9:30AM, i am still waiting to hear something back.

Thanks
Puneet
ash210 wrote:Hi
i got my tier 1 approved and thanks for all ur help my experience as below
got my agent to submit in person for me at croydon 9am on tuesday 9/03/10
he reached there at 8 am and after wait and getting the docs checked he was let in at 8:45 and someone called him to a counter and validated my documents and asked him to come back at 4pm to collect and at 4pm they said due to the strike action they were unable to do the security check and whos office is at liverpool and which forms the first step of any application.
and they said they hope to resolve all the monday and tuesday applications by thursday(11/3/10)
and thursday at 4pm he got my passports( me and 2 dependents) back with 3 years visa
thanks for all ur help
Regards

ash210

Post by ash210 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:23 pm

hi thanks
yes i collected it on wednesday evening at 4 pm

s16puneet
Newly Registered

Post by s16puneet » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:43 pm

Ok, did you booked an appointment to collect it or went straight ? Or were you notified by HO?

-Puneet
ash210 wrote:hi thanks
yes i collected it on wednesday evening at 4 pm

WCS2004
Newly Registered

Post by WCS2004 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:59 pm

It is very alarming to read that on many occasions caseworkers demanded education certificates/diplomas for the extension. :shock: I do not have those documents with me, never thought of bringing them to the UK since in the guidance it is said that they are not needed. I'm going to apply next month, really nervous about these docs missing.
Are there any chances my app will be rejected because of that?

December31

Tier 1 General Dependent visa for child born in UK

Post by December31 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:37 pm

Had In-person appointment on 5th July 2011(yesterday) for my child born in UK, Tier 1 General Dependent.

Appointment Time 09:45
Reached Sheffield PEO 09:30
Security Check 5 minutes
Reception queue for tkt 10 minutes
Tkt called to submit docs after 15 minutes
Fee paid in another counter 10 minutes
Waited for biometrics 30 minutes
Child less than 6 years so biometric photo only (no fingerprints), they could not get my little one look at the camera :)
Waited for about an hour for case worker to call us, she told everything was ok with my application and gave a letter stating that visa is approved and return my child's passport, told that the BRP will reach us in 7 working days.
Out of the PEO by 12:00s

Document Submitted:
1. My passport, Child's passport
2. Cover letter ( casework was not keen at reading it )
3. Photocopy of my passport (Not required I guess as I was carrying the org)
4. Marriage Certificate
5. Birth certificate (UK)
6. Bank statements 3 months ( 2 months original, 1 month generated online, signed and sealed by bank with authority letter )
7. Payslips 3 months