ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

14 Year Continuous Residence ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Zebrudaya

14 years ILR: what is UKBA waiting for.................

Post by Zebrudaya » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:46 pm

Dear members

From the postings, only about 5 persons have stated that they have received their 14 years ILR, after appying just before 9th July 2012. What is UKBA waiting for? Our members are having sleepless nights and some are having to move to new addresses and so are worried that despite informing UKBA of the change, the letter might be wrongly sent to the old address! Please members air your views to help keep our spirits up etc.

lola56uk

Re: 14 years ILR: what is UKBA waiting for.................

Post by lola56uk » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:21 pm

Zebrudaya wrote:Dear members

From the postings, only about 5 persons have stated that they have received their 14 years ILR, after appying just before 9th July 2012. What is UKBA waiting for? Our members are having sleepless nights and some are having to move to new addresses and so are worried that despite informing UKBA of the change, the letter might be wrongly sent to the old address! Please members air your views to help keep our spirits up etc.
Oh well – I am still awaiting feedback from them. This is whole process is here to frustrate you the hell out. But brothers and sisters; in a polite way “beggars have no choice”.
My policy is we all be patient and may be Arsenal will win a cup again in the near future. LOL (I am not an Arsenal fan by the way) .
Jokes apart - what i mean this all as to stop and they will have to provide us all with an answer soon or later.
Let me call UKBA now, and see what the what the deal is?

Zebrudaya

Delay in sending us the 14 years ILR

Post by Zebrudaya » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:35 pm

Dear members

Thank you lola25uk for your response. It is now the 9th month since the last set of 14 years ILR was sent to UKBA. Members should please air their views here: do we contact our MPs, get the newspapers to campaign on our behalfs ? etc apart from our continuous prayer to God. The stress of waiting is too much for us to bear.

Hopeful2

Delays re Processing our Paperwork - 14 year rule

Post by Hopeful2 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:50 pm

Comrades (if I may use that term) as Zebrudaya and lola56uk have just said, it has definitely been a while since the majority of us on this forum sent our applications in before the rule changes took place on 9 July 2012. Unfortunately, I feel because some of us lived part or all of our term in the UK illegally, they probably feel that we are not a priority to them and for this reason, they are not inclined to treat our cases as they would the other cases. For this reason they have probably put our cases on the back burner. I am happy for us to start discussing (collectively) a way forward.

diggingdeep

Post by diggingdeep » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:37 pm

@Zebrudaya

According to this link missmykid has provided above it says
A total of 3,098 SET (O) postal applications received in July 2012 are pending a decision as of 22 January 2013, we don't know figure for June but is likely to higher because of new immigrations rules coming in July 2012.

I think they are working towards concluding these cases. I just think especially on month of June/July they received more application than usually therefore it will take them more time than usually. So one have to ask questions and at the same time prepare to wait. And find ways to reduce stress while waiting to the extent that is possible.

You can write to UKBA yourself, write to your MP to ask him to contact UKBA on your behalf, even contact Keith Vaz, chairman of Home affairs select committee, complain to ukba direct or to ombudsman, and later if all of these fail to bring satisfactory answer go for judiciary review.

I have write to them personally and also use my MP. The answer is the same they had more than usually amount of application during that time and they say they have allocated more resources to help finish these cases asap. You can do the same. I will give them few more month and then start to put more pressure on them. I am not sure this cause will get much sympathy with general public.

It is true only 5 people have received ILR based on 14 years on this thread, but is difficult to make any meaningful conclusion based on this number reason being very few people are have posted about their experience only about 12 to 15 people have done so, others are lookers and many more they don't even know about this thread. if can mean 30%, 60% or any other percent. If one asked a specific questions on FOI, one will get better and clear statistics.

Congratulations to guestname40 and choc123 for your ILR.

Klow

Re: ILR granted

Post by Klow » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:55 pm

pgmiot wrote: Klow, thanks. do you have a valid passport now? if the answer is NO, then how did UKBA issue you the ILR? As I only sent UKBA expired passport, do not have a valid passport. I hope this is not a problem.
My first application was EEA family member in 2004, but rejected in 2006 because of the dodgy-pay-solicitor!!! They always just said you can apply, you can apply, but end up need to top up lots of documents !!! And we didn't have enough documents to support.

Then in 2006, we move to community solicitor. Sent fresh application form, with the our documents still in UKBA. Our representative often contact UKBA about our case, but they said it's pending. Few years later in 2011, my solicitor call UKBA again, but they said they couldn't find our case at all. It's been so long time, post office can't track any post over a year old. So we all assume our documents including passport is gone.

Luckily I've got most documents photocopied, that helps to prove my stay over 14 years and got ILR in card.

No, I still couldn't apply for passport, because my country embassy require police report / UKBA letter about my lost passport. I tried few police station, but none of them help to issue a report for me because the passport is expired :( My rep. wrote to UKBA, so just wait for reply now.

At least I'm can work legally now, so not too bad. Only if my work need to travel, then that's a problem.

Klow

Post by Klow » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:14 pm

Need some help here, it's a bit off topic, hope someone can point me to right direction. I would like to help my partner, Chinese, to get Partner visa.

We have been living together since 2006. She's Phd student and also as an associate teacher at University. She is holding student visa until Feb 2015 and her income is just raise to £25K annual from teaching.

I've got no passport, just have the Biometric Card and my income just few ££ hundred for the first month as I just step my foots to work again.

What option do I have and what can I do? Should we register as married couple first or prove of staying together is enough?

Any advice will be appreciated !!! Many thanks in advance !!!

missmykid
Newly Registered

Post by missmykid » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:15 am

just found out my solicitors firm has been shut down by solicitor regulation authority.cant afford another lawyer not that one is necessary at the moment.going to ring and change my correspondence address with ukba asap.looks like im gonna be representing myself.
applied 6/7/12
biometrics 2/10/12
still waiting

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:19 pm

missmykid wrote:just found out my solicitors firm has been shut down by solicitor regulation authority.cant afford another lawyer not that one is necessary at the moment.going to ring and change my correspondence address with ukba asap.looks like im gonna be representing myself.
applied 6/7/12
biometrics 2/10/12
still waiting
Hi missmykid, at this stage I wouldn't panic about not having a Solicitor as you are waiting for an outcome - if it's any consolation, I've been on my own from day one and have dealt with the Home Office directly - I applied the same day as you did. I would change my address like you mentioned and just be patient. Don't fret until you hear from the HO and IF you need the services of a Solicitor, I'm sure someone on this forum will recommend a good one for you. Every disappointment is a blessing in disguise. Whilst you are on this forum, you are not alone. All the best.

zagoo2000

Post by zagoo2000 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:52 pm

Sorry to hear missmykid. I would agree with Hopeful2. I'm hoping for some wisely advice as well :(

Here is my application process:

ILR application: 7th July/2012
Received by UKBA: 9th July/2012
Acknowledgement sent to my lawyer: 19th July/2012
Copy I received: 26th July/2012
Biometric Invitation sent to my lawyer: 23rd Oct/2012
Biometric Sent via post office: 30th Oct/2012
Decision FLR (O): still waiting

I contacted my lawyer few times to pursue my application but each time i have been told to wait. I believe the solicitors can speak to the case workers directly, isn't that correct? My DLR is now expired as well last month. I'm really stressed out because of that :cry:

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:53 pm

missmykid wrote:just found out my solicitors firm has been shut down by solicitor regulation authority.cant afford another lawyer not that one is necessary at the moment.going to ring and change my correspondence address with ukba asap.looks like im gonna be representing myself.
applied 6/7/12
biometrics 2/10/12
still waiting
Hello missmykid - I totally understand how you feel. I second Mr Hopeful response . be patient and all shall be well .

again do not panic , write a well structured letter to UKBA. just go straight to the point and no ifs or buts and tell them you are herby informing them that due to circumstances all correspondence should be sent to you and not your solicitor.

Please be patient , let u s know if you need help drafting up a simple letter which you can use. We are here to help and as Sir Hopeful said DO NOT PANIC.

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:59 pm

zagoo2000 wrote:Sorry to hear missmykid. I would agree with Hopeful2. I'm hoping for some wisely advice as well :(

Here is my application process:

ILR application: 7th July/2012

I contacted my lawyer few times to pursue my application but each time i have been told to wait. I believe the solicitors can speak to the case workers directly, isn't that correct? My DLR is now expired as well last month. I'm really stressed out because of that :cry:
Hello zagoo2000.

No - Solicitors can not speak directly with caseworkers ( Imagine if they were able to speak with one , they will never be able to respond to applications ). Although they can reply/Challenge a letter from a caseworker.
All I can say is do not cry, we can all make our story as sad as possible but the mere fact is that we are all sailing on a unbalanced boat and the only assurance is that others on that boat have managed to get to dry land. So in due time my friend will smile be on your face . :D :D
I apologise in advance if my words are a little touch but I have to be sincere in the most neutral emotional way.

lola56uk

Re: 14 years ILR: what is UKBA waiting for.................

Post by lola56uk » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:18 pm

lola56uk wrote:
Zebrudaya wrote:Dear members

Oh well – I am still awaiting feedback from them. This is whole process is here to frustrate you the hell out. But brothers and sisters; in a polite way “beggars have no choice”.
My policy is we all be patient and may be Arsenal will win a cup again in the near future. LOL (I am not an Arsenal fan by the way) .
Jokes apart - what i mean this all as to stop and they will have to provide us all with an answer soon or later.
Let me call UKBA now, and see what the what the deal is?

Just thought I will give you an update on my case - Well I have received no response from UKBA, despite attending the clarification interview in mid Feb.

On the other hand my legal team have been fighting my case diplomatically by challenging the content of the SAR; asking the UKBA to provide further clarification on certain things they claimed. ( I will keep you updated on any response )

I spoke with a caseworker today and was told they were looking at my case and will get back to me very soon !!! the funniest thing is she knew me and did not even ask for my HO number and confirmed first name.
she emphasised on very soon and I kind of pleaded with her to make sure !!! I am taking a positive approach to the case being resolved soon. It is costing m a fortune in legal fees and it has cost a fortune in Application fee over the last few years .

Remember all - I might sound optimistic but I have to be ; so that I am sane on all levels . Please be calm and do not stress ; the last thing we want to do is get what we have all waited for and not able to use it due to health reasons.

In my words don't give up hope !!! " Because one day Arsenal FC will win a major cup again "

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:25 pm

Klow wrote:Need some help here, it's a bit off topic, hope someone can point me to right direction. I would like to help my partner, Chinese, to get Partner visa.

We have been living together since 2006. She's Phd student and also as an associate teacher at University. She is holding student visa until Feb 2015 and her income is just raise to £25K annual from teaching.

I've got no passport, just have the Biometric Card and my income just few ££ hundred for the first month as I just step my foots to work again.

What option do I have and what can I do? Should we register as married couple first or prove of staying together is enough?

Any advice will be appreciated !!! Many thanks in advance !!!
I am unsure of this but feel a simple application in a few months after you start working full time will help you stronger when applying.

Fill the correct forms , write a structured cover letter , provide required documents with structured chronology.

From knowledge and this forum - You will need to fill out the correct spouse form and provide a required docs along with bank statement.

Hopefully someone can add a great wealth to what I have provided you so far.

pgmiot

Post by pgmiot » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:06 am

I am glad we have this little community, so we could keep an eye on each other's application progress, and offer some valuable warmth when needed. Thank all you guys who have helped me along the way, 10 days to go, it will be 9 months since 7/7/2012, still waiting.

Here is my effort to make everyone's life easier. I have listed all the people who have applied ILR on the ground of 14 years stay right before 9th July 2012. Please update us when you hear anything from UKBA. Thanks.
--------------------------------------

chorc123: Application post on 4th July,
Acknowledgement letter on 9th July,
Biometrics done on 29th August
Granted om 8th March

Hopeful2: applied for ILR under 14 year rule on 6 July
response received dated 23 July
1 October-invalid appliciation
Biometrics on 20 November

Klow: 2012/07/06 Application sent with cheque
2012/07/2x banker draft with cover letter sent to H.O.
2012/07/2x Acknowledgement letter received
2012/09/0x received Biometric invitation, done next day
2012/12/0x ask for my pictures, may be they have lost it?
2013/02/21 Received BRP card & Letter for my application.

londongirl259: Application for ILR 14years sent 6/07/2012
Biometric invitation rcvd: 19/09/2012
Still waiting

guestname40: Application 6/7/2012
Didn't get acknolegmdnt letter
KOL sent 20/7/2012
Debit card payment same day
HO Bio metric letter dated 10/9/2012
Biometrics letter received 12/9/2012 and done same day
Approval letter to solicitor dated 6/3/2013

missmykid: applied 6/7/12
biometrics 2/10/12
still waiting

zagoo2000: ILR application: 7th July/2012

lola56uk: Application - 07/07/ 2012
Confirmation received from UKBA - 16/07/12
Sent Life in the UK test - 08/08/12
Cheque for £991 debited from my account - 31/08/2012
Biometrics Invitation Dated - 06/09/12
Biometrics letters received by Solicitors - 12/09/12
Biometrics sent to UKBA - 19/09/02

diggingdeep: Application--July

pgmiot: Application -- 7th July
Bio: mid Sep

Zebrudaya

UKBA to be scrapped: How does it affect our 14 years ILR?etc

Post by Zebrudaya » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:46 pm

Dear members

UKBA is to be scrapped in the near future. It will be split into 2 and will come under the supervision of the Home office etc. What however concerns us is whether this move will expedite our getting the 14 years ILR faster or whether it will cause more delays! Those of you who applied just before 9th July 2012 are in the 9th month of waiting!...........Kindly reply and air your views if you are waiting for 14 years ILR.

On a different note, I thank members like lola56uk, chorc123, diggingdeep, missmykid, Hopeful2 and others not mentioned for the way they had put in posts here and tried to keep our column alive. I hope by a month from now, many of our members must have got their ILR. Send in your posts and tell us what you think.

angela05

Post by angela05 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:14 am

hello everyone,

Just want to post my case.
The application was sent on 5th of July, 2012 and did Bio in the mid of September.

As you guys understand, I have been so much stressful for waiting times.
I have called the UKBA in order to find out the process of my case, but it was not helpful at all!!

Since I have found this forum, I am much better than before.
In the meanwhile, I applied for FLR for my kids on their own right as their visa finished in January.

I don't know what action I can do.

londongirl259
Newly Registered

Post by londongirl259 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:16 am

Thanks for all the ppl posting their experiences on this forum, its been like therapy to say the least while waiting for UKBA to grant the ILR.

Just to update everyone, my solicitors have sent a chase letter to UKBA but i have doubts that would make much difference as to when they respond. This has put my life on hold considerably like everyone else waiting on here, nearly reaching breaking point!!! But still remains optimistic.

ziggystardust
Newly Registered

Post by ziggystardust » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:43 pm

Application sent: 29.06.2012
Application received: 02.07.2012
Acknowledgement/payment: 04.07.2012
BRP letter received (with name error): 30.08.2012
Notified UKBA of error: 31.08.2012
Correct BRP letter received: 07.09.2012. Done same day.
Send more info by the 26th/03/2013 (Should I be worried???)
More docs sent: 25.03.2013 (next day delivery)
Approval:27.03.2013
Docs received: 30.03.2013
BRP to be received in 7 days.

Hang in there guys it's happening!!!

R.S.V.P.
Newly Registered

Post by R.S.V.P. » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:53 pm

Dear All,

I'm new to posting in the forum, but have been following the discussion for a long time and have found it most useful, both in terms of information and support.

My partner applied for ILR last year based on the 14 year rule and has also been following the forum mostly for support purposes; she, like so many of the posters in this thread, has been under a tremendous amount of stress due to the uncertainty of the 14 year rule.
Long story short, she has just been granted her ILR and received her biometric residence permit (BRP).

These are her dates:
07 July 2012 - Postal application with payment (the very last day for the 14 year rule!!!) No solicitors involved in the application process, but the application was supported by extensive documentary evidence including bank statements for all years in the UK, as well as support and reference letters from several UK friends.
18 March 2013 - Recieved BRP and all documentation returned (seperately)
Not sure of the rest of the dates, but she had to submit her biometric data somewhere along the way. She did not have to resubmit anything or add anything to her application.

Just to clear up something regarding the BRP; I'm guessing that if you receive a BRP, you have been granted ILR, and if your application is unsuccessful, you will not receive a BRP. I'm not 100% certain of this, but that seems to be the case.
Your BRP will be sent via courier (in our case it was via DX) and you will be asked to sign for it and also show proof of ID (passport, driving license, or a debit/credit card).

Congratulations to everyone who's received their BRP thus far.
Good luck to everyone else. The process is long and very stressful. But, it looks like applications are being dealt with. So, be strong, stay positive and hang in there.

diggingdeep

Post by diggingdeep » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:40 pm

Many conglatutions to ziggystardust and R.S.V.P. and your patner.

Welcome onbboards londongirl259 and angela05 and everybody else who is in the same journey. All of you who are in the same journey feel free to share your experiences, questions and opinions. All contributions are helpful and appreciated.

This forum is for you to link up with people on same journey. Take advantages of it. There is strength in unity. If more people share their experiences it ll be better for everybody including yourself. It will help all of us to figure out how the UKBA works, to support and encourage each other and to determine when our journey will likely to end.

lola56uk

Strength is Unity

Post by lola56uk » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:15 pm

Congrats R.S.V.P. – This is really good News.

I agree with diggingdeep – strength is unity.

A huge thanks to pgmiot for collating everyone’s info really useful to be able to see everyone’s data in a glance.

I called my caseworker today and she said they are still looking at my case and she will chase it up with the senior case workers. I elaborated that it been a few months since my clarification interview and said they will be getting back to me soon.

Based on R.S.V.P response ; it does look like the UKBA or HO ; whatever they are called  are working. But also looks like they are responding to straightforward new cases but delaying on cases they have messed up themselves !!!!

It looks like Hopeul2 & Londogirl259 are next inline….. Oh well let’s all see .

14years

FOI Request

Post by 14years » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:41 am

I requested few information from UKBA under FOI act and have received the following reply, I hope its helpful to all of us who are still waiting.

1 How many applications did UK Border Agency receive under 14 years long residence between 20/06/2012 and 09/07/2012. How many of those applications are still outstanding? How many applications have been decided?

A total of 1,697 SET(O) 14 year long residency applications were received between 20 and June and 9 July 2012. Of these 245 have been decided and 1,452 are pending decision.

2 How many were granted ILR and how many were refused?

Of the 245 applications decided, 51 were granted, 21 were refused, 172 were rejected and 1 was withdrawn.

3 How many applications were granted some sort of other leave?

Of the 51 applications granted less than 5 were granted another form of leave.

pgmiot

Re: FOI Request

Post by pgmiot » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:02 am

Jesus Christ! this is really discouraging!

when was this data being collected? Only 1 in every 7 applications has been decided, while at least half of the July SET(0) 10 years long residence has been decided.

And... the successful rate is really low, 25%?!
14years wrote:I requested few information from UKBA under FOI act and have received the following reply, I hope its helpful to all of us who are still waiting.

1 How many applications did UK Border Agency receive under 14 years long residence between 20/06/2012 and 09/07/2012. How many of those applications are still outstanding? How many applications have been decided?

A total of 1,697 SET(O) 14 year long residency applications were received between 20 and June and 9 July 2012. Of these 245 have been decided and 1,452 are pending decision.

2 How many were granted ILR and how many were refused?

Of the 245 applications decided, 51 were granted, 21 were refused, 172 were rejected and 1 was withdrawn.

3 How many applications were granted some sort of other leave?

Of the 51 applications granted less than 5 were granted another form of leave.

pgmiot

Re: Strength is Unity

Post by pgmiot » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:23 am

lola56uk: My pleasure, this has been hard for everyone. So many people on this forum has offered great help to me-- you, diggingdeep, Klow, chorc123, magga1...... I am very grateful, and I should make my own contribution to our community too.
lola56uk wrote:Congrats R.S.V.P. – This is really good News.

I agree with diggingdeep – strength is unity.

A huge thanks to pgmiot for collating everyone’s info really useful to be able to see everyone’s data in a glance.

I called my caseworker today and she said they are still looking at my case and she will chase it up with the senior case workers. I elaborated that it been a few months since my clarification interview and said they will be getting back to me soon.

Based on R.S.V.P response ; it does look like the UKBA or HO ; whatever they are called  are working. But also looks like they are responding to straightforward new cases but delaying on cases they have messed up themselves !!!!

It looks like Hopeul2 & Londogirl259 are next inline….. Oh well let’s all see .