ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (PSW) processing times

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vrashta
Newly Registered

biomtrix

Post by vrashta » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:01 am

[quote="Cardenas"][quote="hakhatri"]Hey. I just called the UKBA, and they'd sent it on the 23rd of Feb. It didn't reach me though. So they'll be sending me another one now..:) You guys would get your's soon too. Or else call them and ask about your application.

Application sent : 18th Jan
Acknowledgement Letter received : 24th Jan
Biometric Letter sent (1st Attempt) : 23rd Feb

Didn't get it because the post probably lost it!

Biometric Letter (Resent) : 5th March

Should have it in the next 5 days.

Please call the UKBA and ask them about your application if you don't get your letter. Call 08706067766 and either don't press anything or press 'Request Return of Documents'. You maight have to wait around 10-12 mins before someone answers your call. It took me about 11 minutes. Just tell them you're worried and they'll ask for your reference number..:) Good luck again![/quote]

I also sent my application on 18th Jan, and I haven't received the invitation letter for the biometrics. So I did called the UKBA today (I waited for 11 minutes until they replayed). They say no letter has been sent to me yet, but it should be with me this week.

I really hope so!!! Dying of stress here.[/quote]
ya do call yesterday for biom letter n mine posting date is also 18 of jan n they said its not dispatched yet

a87m
- thin ice -

Post by a87m » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:20 am

banalavamsi wrote:U don't need to wait for your biomatric card bro just call to DX courier service and give your post code and name so that they can find your letter and fix a delivery date if u dont make a call they are taking 10 days time to get it deliver or drop u a miss card to book a deliver date so what r u waiting for pick your phone and start typing the number given below

DX delivery : 01604 496798

karim_9876 wrote:Application Sent: 9 Jan 2012 (London)
Acknowledgement Letter Date: 12 Jan 2012
Biometric Invitation Letter Date: 6 Feb 2012
Biometric Given (at Post Office in London): 17 Feb 2012 (yes I was late)

I rang DX delivery and they took my name and post code and said they don't have anything for me! And neither she can arrange any delivery day & time for me. My biometric enrolement date was 22 Feb though! Any clue??
Passport, Documents and APPROVAL LETTER from UKBA: 29 Feb 2012
Biometric Residence Permit: Waiting ............

General Rule of Thumb:
-It will take about a 4 WEEKS from sending application to receiving Biometric invitation
-It will take about 2 WEEKS from giving biometrics to receving approval/documents.

Good luck
:roll:

a87m
- thin ice -

Post by a87m » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:22 am

banalavamsi wrote:U don't need to wait for your biomatric card bro just call to DX courier service and give your post code and name so that they can find your letter and fix a delivery date if u dont make a call they are taking 10 days time to get it deliver or drop u a miss card to book a deliver date so what r u waiting for pick your phone and start typing the number given below

General Rule of Thumb:
-It will take about a 4 WEEKS from sending application to receiving Biometric invitation
-It will take about 2 WEEKS from giving biometrics to receving

approval/documents.

Good luck
I rang DX delivery and they took my name and post code and said they don't have anything for me! And neither she can arrange any delivery day & time for me. My biometric enrolement date was 22 Feb though! Any clue??

banalavamsi
Newly Registered

Post by banalavamsi » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:18 am

guys don't get confused i advise to call DX service who have recived the confirmation/ approved letter from UKBA it's not for every one who is waiting for biometric invitation or acknowledgement letters.

And my application story dated on 14 Jan and I gave my biometric on 21st Feb and still waiting .......

UKBA Updated News : (5-03-2012) We are currently considering applications where the applicant attended a biometric appointment on or before 20 February.

I am on 21feb :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

a87m wrote:

General Rule of Thumb:
-It will take about 2 WEEKS from giving biometrics to receving

approval/documents.

Good luck
:cry: :cry:
Last edited by banalavamsi on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

nirmal7
Newly Registered

Post by nirmal7 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:36 am

HI ppl,

I need to know whether we can use the maintenance fund. I have done my biometrics and waiting for my Permit card and documents. I have some emergency and want to use the cash. Is it wise to touch it..

banalavamsi
Newly Registered

Post by banalavamsi » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:41 am

its always better to keep funds on your account till you get your visa don't take risk about this :idea: :idea:

all the best 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
nirmal7 wrote:HI ppl,

I need to know whether we can use the maintenance fund. I have done my biometrics and waiting for my Permit card and documents. I have some emergency and want to use the cash. Is it wise to touch it..
:idea: 8) 8)

pipemoronv
Newly Registered

PSW Waiting HELL

Post by pipemoronv » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:35 pm

I've grabbed a bunch of dates from the forum.. it seems that the AVG time to get a BRP Letter is 32 days, with a maximum of 36 days. Today is my 36th day since I've applied. Here are my details.

App sent: 26/01/02 (Friday)
Confirmation: 02/02/12
BRP Letter: ??????

I am currently on forced unemployment. If I dont get the letter this week I will ask for my documents and go to my home country.
:evil: :evil: :evil:

maamiruk
Newly Registered

Re: PSW Waiting HELL

Post by maamiruk » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:47 pm

pipemoronv wrote:I've grabbed a bunch of dates from the forum.. it seems that the AVG time to get a BRP Letter is 32 days, with a maximum of 36 days. Today is my 36th day since I've applied. Here are my details.

I am currently on forced unemployment. If I dont get the letter this week I will ask for my documents and go to my home country.
I have also applied
Application Sent: 24/01/2012
Acknowledgement: 01/02/02012
BRP letter: not yet

Still i am waiting for my letter, i don't know what the hell UKBA doing with our applications.

banalavamsi
Newly Registered

Post by banalavamsi » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:54 pm

Don't worry bro u will get your BRP soon just call to UKBA and ask for it. When I applied for my student extension they have taken 6 months time to provide me visa.

So don't worry just enjoy your bonus days with out a visa in UK

pipemoronv wrote:I've grabbed a bunch of dates from the forum.. it seems that the AVG time to get a BRP Letter is 32 days, with a maximum of 36 days. Today is my 36th day since I've applied. Here are my details.

pipemoronv
Newly Registered

Post by pipemoronv » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:03 pm

That is very cool when you have won the lottery or a full of extra cash. Ive used my funds... I dont know what will happen. Where should I call??
banalavamsi wrote:Don't worry bro u will get your BRP soon just call to UKBA and ask for it. When I applied for my student extension they have taken 6 months time to provide me visa.

So don't worry just enjoy your bonus days with out a visa in UK

naim_2012
Newly Registered

PSW Waiting ...

Post by naim_2012 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:34 pm

Application sent: 20/01/12
Confirmation: 26/01/12
BPR Letter: Waiting!!!

I called them last week and they said you need to wait!

I want to submit an application with US embassy so I need my documents. Does anyone know if it is possible to get back our documents while visa process is in progress? Many thanks.

Renie
Newly Registered

responding to pipemoronv

Post by Renie » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:17 pm

I was just as naive to look at the dates on this forum to calculate how long I would have to wait for a response.

My time line:

Application sent 29/12/2011 (delivered the next day according to the post office website) (Visa expiring on 31 Jan 2012)
Acknowledgement letter received: 20 Jan 2012 ( dated: 16 Jan)
Biometric invitation received: 15 Feb (dated 10 Feb)
Gave Biometrics 20 Feb (at Croydon)

In theory & according to the timeline on this forum, I should have received it Yesterday. I'm still waiting...

I would not have minded the wait, but for the UKBA telling prospective temp employers that they will be employing me at their own risk and might face prosecution. That will put any prospective employer off!! I fought with an employment agent for a whole day to convince her I can legally work so that she would at least send my resume to the employer to make up his own mind. So much for having Human Right (Right to earn a living).

UKBA wants you to withdraw your application and even answer the phone with the question: "Want to withdraw?" (Just like that, may I add.) I am not giving them the satisfaction!!

Pipemoronv, I share your frustration, but hang in there!! You are not alone. :wink:

htcsensation
Newly Registered

Re: :(

Post by htcsensation » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:23 pm

Hi,
my case is also very much similar to urs..
application filed:28thDec
acc. letter dated:7th jan
biometric letter:2feb
biometrics given : 4th feb
BRP card: no news..still waiting
Passport and docs: no news..still waiting

any take on my situation guys?..its now been more than a month since i have given biometrics!!
any comments?
please let me know if you hear anything..

thanks

pipemoronv
Newly Registered

A new matter

Post by pipemoronv » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:03 pm

Ok.. but what if I have already my BRP from my previous VISA, I already had the card and my biometrics were already taken in a post office here. Do i really need to go AGAIN and do my Biometrics or should I recieve the BRP straight forward?? Any knowledge about this?

naim_2012
Newly Registered

Re: PSW Waiting ...

Post by naim_2012 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:08 pm

naim_2012 wrote:Application sent: 20/01/12

I want to submit an application with US embassy so I need my documents. Does anyone know if it is possible to get back our documents while visa process is in progress? Many thanks.
I called UKBA today and they said the letter has been raised today but she did not know how long it may take to reach me.

nirmal7
Newly Registered

Re: PSW Waiting ...

Post by nirmal7 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:10 pm

naim_2012 wrote:
naim_2012 wrote:Application sent: 20/01/12

I called UKBA today and they said the letter has been raised today but she did not know how long it may take to reach me.
Biometric letter takes like three days from the date of sent... I also received like that only.

pipemoronv
Newly Registered

Post by pipemoronv » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:30 pm

What number should I CALL? We should all call so they hire lots of people to hurry upp the thing!!!

naim_2012
Newly Registered

Post by naim_2012 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:49 pm

pipemoronv wrote:What number should I CALL? We should all call so they hire lots of people to hurry upp the thing!!!

call 08706067766 and then press 4 that is for general inquires then press one for biometrics and hold. It may take 10-15min till someone answer.

I think UKBA is doing its best. Please be patient and do not call if you don't really need to.

Renie
Newly Registered

Post by Renie » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:28 pm

htcsensation wrote:Hi,

any take on my situation guys?..its now been more than a month since i have given biometrics!!
any comments?

thanks

This is my mind working over time here and might not be such a hot idea.. but here goes. :idea:

If you look at an earlier post someone said that once you receive the decision letter to simply arrange for a delivery date with DX deliveries so you don't end up waiting another 10 days for your BRP. (The person did provide their number & the information you need to provide them with, in that post) In a later post someone arrange a delivery date without having a decision letter and got a reply back that there was nothing for delivery. What about trying your luck and doing the same even though you don’t have a decision letter yet?

Where I'm going with this is that if they come back saying nothing is there for collection, at least you have half an idea where you stand. Your documents might be waiting there ready to be sent out, who knows, seeing that so many people’s letters seem to be getting lost in the post. (just look at posts about the Biometric invitation letter getting lost in the post) I would however only think of doing this in the next week or on wards, out of pure desperation.

or what other's will suggest is phoning the UKBA and trying your luck to see if you find someone kind enough to let you know if the letter has been dispatched... Probably the first option I'd go for.

The guy did tell me that it would take anther 4 weeks for a decision to be made when I went to give my biometrics. I'm a bit hasty, but I am praying very very hard that I don't have to wait that long. They'll have to then send my document to a mental institution, if it takes that long. :lol:

A penny for any one's thoughts on my plans?

htcsensation
Newly Registered

Post by htcsensation » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:05 pm

Renie wrote:
htcsensation wrote:Hi,

any comments?

thanks

This is my mind working over time here and might not be such a hot idea.. but here goes. :idea:

If you look at an earlier post someone said that once you receive the decision letter to simply arrange for a delivery date with DX deliveries so you don't end up waiting another 10 days for your BRP. (The person did provide their number & the information you need to provide them with, in that post) In a later post someone arrange a delivery date without having a decision letter and got a reply back that there was nothing for delivery. What about trying your luck and doing the same even though you don’t have a decision letter yet?

Where I'm going with this is that if they come back saying nothing is there for collection, at least you have half an idea where you stand. Your documents might be waiting there ready to be sent out, who knows, seeing that so many people’s letters seem to be getting lost in the post. (just look at posts about the Biometric invitation letter getting lost in the post) I would however only think of doing this in the next week or on wards, out of pure desperation.

or what other's will suggest is phoning the UKBA and trying your luck to see if you find someone kind enough to let you know if the letter has been dispatched... Probably the first option I'd go for.

The guy did tell me that it would take anther 4 weeks for a decision to be made when I went to give my biometrics. I'm a bit hasty, but I am praying very very hard that I don't have to wait that long. They'll have to then send my document to a mental institution, if it takes that long. :lol:

A penny for any one's thoughts on my plans?
Hi,
thats exactly what was going in my mind as well. I did call UKBA and DX deliveries as well.
UKBA is like a tape recorder. They dont even have any inovation in saying things!! only thing they say is you have to wait and they cant tell any status update for any application before 6months of application!!

I called DX deliveries..they do not have anything in my name and post code.

What i was wondering is.. does UKBA uses this DX delivery for everyobe or for people who have asked for quick return. But in that case one sends a pre paid 1st class envelop when he makes an application.

If its for regular people and not quick ones then from what i know..dont they send the BRP it using royal mail and your docs some days after u receive ur BRP using a courier(probably DX).

Dunno if there is any point in racking so much brains.. just hoping that i have it soon!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:11 pm

BRPs are always sent by DX courier. If you only gave biometrics on 4th Feb then you need to be more patient and wait for a decision. It has only been just over 4 weeks.

banalavamsi
Newly Registered

Post by banalavamsi » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:19 pm

Hi lads

In some cases if your applications have any problem they won't let u know till 2 months, after that u may recive refusal letter stating how to appeal and the errors found on your application as I told in my previous posts I have waited 6 months to get my student extension that was horrible days of my life with out a job and with out any information from UKBA

My advise is don't call UKBA for any status it's nothing but wasting your time and money they r just like tape recorders they will say what they want to say they don't lision to us

Greenie wrote:BRPs are always sent by DX courier. If you only gave biometrics on 4th Feb then you need to be more patient and wait for a decision. It has only been just over 4 weeks.

AK1441
Newly Registered

Post by AK1441 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:18 pm

I know what u are going thru.. I have been like this for almost 50 days now..

YasserBUkhari
Newly Registered

Post by YasserBUkhari » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:03 pm

Application sent (Royal Mail Special Delivery) : 16-01-2012

Application received by Home Office: 17-01-2012

Fee Charged from account: 18-01-2012

Acknowledgement Letter received: 23-01-2012 (Dated 18-01-2012)

Biometric Letter received: 18-02-2012 (Dated 16-02-2012)

Biometric Enrolment @ Middleton Post Office: 20-02-2012

Approval Letter Dated: 05-03-2012

Passport & Documents Received (Prepaid Special Delivery Envelope): 07-03-2012

BRP Received: 07-03-2012

banalavamsi
Newly Registered

Post by banalavamsi » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:32 pm

Congrats Dude :D :D

I have attended on 21st feb for biomatric And waiting for mine

YasserBUkhari wrote:Application sent (Royal Mail Special Delivery) : 16-01-2012

Application received by Home Office: 17-01-2012

Fee Charged from account: 18-01-2012

Acknowledgement Letter received: 23-01-2012 (Dated 18-01-2012)

Biometric Letter received: 18-02-2012 (Dated 16-02-2012)

Biometric Enrolment @ Middleton Post Office: 20-02-2012

Approval Letter Dated: 05-03-2012

Passport & Documents Received (Prepaid Special Delivery Envelope): 07-03-2012

BRP Received: 07-03-2012