ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs cases

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mayak76
Newly Registered

Post by mayak76 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:17 am

linuxman2k3 wrote:I had a similar issue in Liverpool on the 12th of June too. My documents were returned but they kept my passport and my wife's passport. I was told they would complete the work the following morning due to the biometrics IT issues and that my passports would be sent back on that day. I have not received my passports yet and I am very angry as my wife has had to cancel her trip to France.
I was also there the same day, 12 June! My appointment was quite late, at 2pm. At the end of it all the case worker gave me a letter that said "more enquiries needed" or something along these lines. She assured me that all my documents were in order and that it was only due to the biometrics, and that I would receive the documents by post. They kept all my originals and my passport. I asked if it would take longer than 2 weeks, as I have to travel to Holland next Friday, and she said I should receive it within a week.

Looks to me like I'm in the same boat as everyone else now, and that I won't be able to make that trip... What I don't understand is that there are people posting their success stories on this board that got their approval on the same day, yet a lot are waiting over a month, even though they paid Premium! No logic or pattern to it at all...

Also, why does it take a month to create a simple biometrics card??? Doesn't make any sense at all.

I wonder, if unless they give you your ILR the same day, they just stick it in the same pile as all other applications - non-Premium included? Maybe that's why it takes so long...

Bash1oo

Post by Bash1oo » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:29 pm

Thx ZyRon33, coolbawa and chweetgurl for the response, fingers crossed as I hope we all get something possitive soonest. Any further updates (as time goes on) will be highly appreciated.

Bash

Bash1oo

Post by Bash1oo » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:21 am

@ chweetgurl, which office/person did you address your complaint letter to? I am thinking of sending out one if i don't get a feedback by weekend and even probably involve my MP at this stage. It is getting more and more frustrating and looks like my life has been on hold for the last two months. :x

Bash

chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:03 pm

Hi Bash, frustratingly UKBA are taking longer to resolve applications effected by IT issues earlier. Unless you have urgent travel plans not sure how the MP would take it on urgent basis although i know it is unfair given that we all were charged hefty for so called premium service. my suggestion would be to contact your local MP get them to write to ukba. i do believe they have 6 weeks turn around time to respond if not you would have to contact MP again. The complaint was sent by solicitor to some ukba management level not sure who though...

waitin
Newly Registered

Post by waitin » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:51 pm

I'm curious to know if/when HO grants you ILR and it's after your current visa has expired, because of the delay we are experiencing atm, would the official start date of your ILR be backdated to the day your Tier1/WP visa expired or is it the day the case worker approved the ILR visa? If it is the former then you can apply for citizenship exactly 1 year from the date your Tier1/WP visa expired, otherwise it's longer, depending on how much of a delay until you get your approval.

mayak76
Newly Registered

Post by mayak76 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:06 pm

mayak76 wrote: I was also there the same day, 12 June! My appointment was quite late, at 2pm. At the end of it all the case worker gave me a letter that said "more enquiries needed" or something along these lines. She assured me that all my documents were in order and that it was only due to the biometrics, and that I would receive the documents by post. They kept all my originals and my passport. I asked if it would take longer than 2 weeks, as I have to travel to Holland next Friday, and she said I should receive it within a week.

Looks to me like I'm in the same boat as everyone else now, and that I won't be able to make that trip... What I don't understand is that there are people posting their success stories on this board that got their approval on the same day, yet a lot are waiting over a month, even though they paid Premium! No logic or pattern to it at all...

Also, why does it take a month to create a simple biometrics card??? Doesn't make any sense at all.

I wonder, if unless they give you your ILR the same day, they just stick it in the same pile as all other applications - non-Premium included? Maybe that's why it takes so long...
Ok, got my passport back with the ILR approval letter today in the post. That's 13 days after applying. Still have to wait for the BRP card. All fingers crossed that I'll get it before Friday - need to fly to Amsterdam then!

zargannolet
Newly Registered

Re: Applied in 24 Jan

Post by zargannolet » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:36 pm

tar123zan wrote:Hi, I applied for ILR personally in Croydon in 24 January 2012 as a spouse. Although PEO were satisfied that we are living together, they asked me to post further address showing documents. In a few days time, I posted what they asked but since then I am waiting for a decision. It's been more than 4 months now. I called twice, they only told me that they received supporting documents and I should wait and I shouldn't contact unless 6 months has passed.
Hello,

I attended my appointment in Cardiff PEO on 12th June and they've requested additional documents for evidence of cohabitation. I posted all the documents on 20th June but I didn't receive any confirmation yet.

I'm constantly calling UKBA with no success. Is there any other way to confirm the receipt of my documents by Cardiff office? Any useful e-mail address or another telephone number etc?

Many thanks for your help.

anupav
Newly Registered

Post by anupav » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:18 pm

Hello,

I attended my appointment in Cardiff PEO on 12th June and they've requested additional documents for evidence of cohabitation. I posted all the documents on 20th June but I didn't receive any confirmation yet.

I'm constantly calling UKBA with no success. Is there any other way to confirm the receipt of my documents by Cardiff office? Any useful e-mail address or another telephone number etc?

Many thanks for your help.[/quote]

This is the email address for Cardiff : beu.cardiff@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

I have mailed them 3 times and then someone from Cardiff office called me and informed me that my application is in Liverpool. Include your contact number in the mail.

TIME
Newly Registered

Post by TIME » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:14 pm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:18 pm Post subject: Re: Applied in 24 Jan
Hello,

Many thanks for your help.[/quote]

This is the email address for Cardiff : beu.cardiff@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

I have mailed them 3 times and then someone from Cardiff office called me and informed me that my application is in Liverpool. Include your contact number in the mail.

Hi Guys

I was in same situation before and thought my experience will answer some of your question.

In my case after receiving the document ukba took 4 week to reply. My solicitor did inform me that it will take 3 week but due to bank holiday and amendment in immigration rule ukba seems gone very busy and delayed mine. but at the end ILR received.

Ilr on spouse visa (as of mine) process at liverpool, although I applied at croydon PEO and they will send your document back from liverpool and biometric will shortly follow.

I do believe that ILR on spouse visa hardly get refused as long as genuine relationship is there you will get yours soon.

good luck everybody hope you guys get your ILR soon.

anupav
Newly Registered

got my ilr on 28th June 2012

Post by anupav » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:10 pm

Hello guys...

I got my Biometric card on 28th June .... well my case ; i applied in person at Cardiff Peo on 18th May 2012 for ilr (hsmp+tier1). I am director of my own company. Case worker forwarded it to sheffield office for additional checks. I have claimed my income as Payee (no dividends). As suggested by solicitor , I have sent all the additional docs to liverpool (my application fwd to Liverpool from sheffield) even before they ask me to do so.

I got my ILR approval on 27th June and Biometric card on 28th June. Thanks a lot for the support guys.

fahadz1
BANNED

Re: got my ilr on 28th June 2012

Post by fahadz1 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:01 am

anupav wrote:Hello guys...

I got my Biometric card on 28th June .... well my case ; i applied in person at Cardiff Peo on 18th May 2012 for ilr (hsmp+tier1). I am director of my own company. Case worker forwarded it to sheffield office for additional checks. I have claimed my income as Payee (no dividends). As suggested by solicitor , I have sent all the additional docs to liverpool (my application fwd to Liverpool from sheffield) even before they ask me to do so.

I got my ILR approval on 27th June and Biometric card on 28th June. Thanks a lot for the support guys.
can you tell me what additional checks they have done ??? any idea and why your application was hanging b.w sheefield/cardiff/liverpool.

so it took 6 weeks to get your card ?

anupav
Newly Registered

Re: got my ilr on 28th June 2012

Post by anupav » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:53 am

can you tell me what additional checks they have done ??? any idea and why your application was hanging b.w sheefield/cardiff/liverpool.

so it took 6 weeks to get your card ?[/quote]

As i have claimed my salary (only Payee and no dividends and i paid tax) as my income, i have submitted only bank statements , payslips and p60s at Cardiff peo . But caseworker said since I am the director of my company, the case is a bit complicated and asked for additional docs (company docs) which i didn't took to peo on that day. Then she said she is gonna send my application to sheffield for additional checks. My solicitor was pretty sure that ILR applications will be processed in Liverpool and suggest that i need to send all the additional docs to Liverpool before they ask me do so.

Later when i enquired with Cardiff peo, someone called me and said my application was sent to Liverpool from sheffield. Yeah it took around 6 weeks to get my Biometric card.

jayjay123
Newly Registered

Post by jayjay123 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:18 pm

zargannolet wrote:
tar123zan wrote:Hi, I applied for ILR personally in Croydon in 24 January 2012 as a spouse. Although PEO were satisfied that we are living together, they asked me to post further address showing documents. In a few days time, I posted what they asked but since then I am waiting for a decision. It's been more than 4 months now. I called twice, they only told me that they received supporting documents and I should wait and I shouldn't contact unless 6 months has passed.
Hello,

Hi Me and my partner apply Cardiff the same day on the 12th June we were told to supply more information which we sent in . On the day we were called to a interview room around 4pm They wanted to see our marriage record, We are not married never have been , they said that we gave a marriage certificate in on our first visa , Which is so not true , They even went as far as saying it was signed by my parents in south Korea in 2008 , Very strange as my mother died in 2006 and we didn't leave australia until 2009.After seeing these posts on here im starting to wonder if there making it up
Many thanks for your help.
:o :o :?

Krishnalvr

Indefinite Leave to Remain

Post by Krishnalvr » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:59 pm

Hi

I was asked to provide a more detailed information in the form of letter from accountant regarding my drawings(Self employed) , when i was submitting my ILR application on 20th June 2012 in Croydon UK BA office(Premium) . I have posted the document on 23rd June 2012 , reached the home office on 25th June 2012(Tracked by Royal mail ) . Still i haven't heard the decision.

Can any body faced similar kind of problem ?

if yes , in how many days they have received the decision ?

Please update their case.

Regards
Krishna

fashycrew
Newly Registered

ILR granted after dreadful ''further enquiries letter''.

Post by fashycrew » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:48 pm

I just thought I should share this with all of you who applied for ILR. I applied at PEO Croydon on the 30th of March and I was given the dreaded letter ''further enquiries to be made''. I applied for ILR based on marriage to a British person. I was not given any reason for why they decided to hold my application for further enquiries.

This was a complete shock to me. So i went home disappointed and very angry. I now immediately wrote to my MP and luckily for me in 24hrs she replied me saying the Home Office will like to arrange a marriage interview for I and my wife. I found it hilarious as our marriage was genuine. So i expected the letter from them and heard nothing until after 3 weeks. In it was a totally different reason for holding my application. They said as I have an impending prosecution with the police they will not be able to decide my application until the outcome of the police matter is known.

I was totally shocked as I have never committed any offence in my entire life. So I took the letter and went to the nearest police station. I gave them my ID and they made enquiries and said someone with a similar name and DOB is on the police database and has an impending prosecution. I was given a crime reference number and a phone number to call Hertfordshire police which I did. I was advised to write to the information and compliance department. I did this and after a week I received a call from them to send my photogragh for elimination purposes as they have the photo of the criminal in question. They supposed someone is using my details to commit crime. I was so angry. Anyway at last they wrote me back and also the Home Office that I was not the person and had no impending prosecution.

I expected my ILR it to come in a week as all should have been sorted out. I contacted my MP again and explained what had happened again and faxed the police letter to them. I did not end there. I also sent an email to the Parliamentary Ombudsman. Luckily they immediately wrote the Home Office and made enquiries. I decided to call today to find out on the progress from the Parliamentary Ombudsman and to my surprise my ILR was granted on the 28th of June. I was so damn happy and screamed with joy.

Just an advise to you all that received the further enquiries letter, I will advice you to write a detailed letter to the Parliamentary Ombudsman explaining your circumstance and follow up after a week with the reference letter you were given when you wrote the email. It works and this worked for me. It could be anything from someone using your details to any other thing. You might not know.

Good luck to everyone out there. Now I can move on with my life. A 1-day application turned out to be 3 months because of the fault of the Home office. They can't handle a simple fingerprint check on the database of offenders and make peoples lives miserable. Thank God i'm free.

waitin
Newly Registered

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain

Post by waitin » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:54 pm

Krishnalvr wrote:Hi

I was asked to provide a more detailed information in the form of letter from accountant regarding my drawings(Self employed) , when i was submitting my ILR application on 20th June 2012 in Croydon UK BA office(Premium) . I have posted the document on 23rd June 2012 , reached the home office on 25th June 2012(Tracked by Royal mail ) . Still i haven't heard the decision.

Can any body faced similar kind of problem ?

if yes , in how many days they have received the decision ?

Please update their case.

Regards
Krishna
I was also asked to provide further evidence from my accountant. I applied on 8th May at Croydon and have not heard anything back from HO. Supposed to travel overseas tomorrow and was very confident at the beginning that I would get my approval by now. It has been 2 months of agony. Wrote to MP but it made no difference. HO replied to our MP that it would take 4-14 weeks to process this type of cases. We are also in the process of buying a house and are desperate to get the approval asap in order for the purchase to go ahead.

Haizhou1218
Newly Registered

Post by Haizhou1218 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:27 pm

I have been waiting for over 8 months now,still haven't heard anything despite 3 letters from mp and 2 letters from employer? What can we do?

Krishnalvr

Post by Krishnalvr » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:29 am

Thanks guys for your responses.

@fashycrew : Could you let me know the email address of Parliamentary Ombudsman please?

I am not finding any clue and contact number to contact UK BA regarding progress.

I have submitted same figures and similar letter in Oct-2011 for my tier1 extension. They accepted and approved extension. I am not understanding why again they are asking another letter from accountant . Another wonder thing is Case taker is not asking the documents based on checklist provided by me. I only gave the Life In UK test certificate at the end , she didn't asked about this.

Guys : If any body knows the contact number , please let me know

Regards
Krishna

fashycrew
Newly Registered

Post by fashycrew » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:52 am

The email address for the parliamentary ombudsman is phso.enquiries@ombudsman.org.uk. Make sure you explain your circumstance properly and include your name, dob, address or lawyers address, phone number(I got a call from them), Home Office reference number and the type of visa route you are applying through.

They will respond your email with a reference number and phone number to contact them on. Allow about 5 working days and contact them on the progress.

aummar
Newly Registered

Post by aummar » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:23 pm

aummar wrote:I applied for ILR using set form O on 12th June at PEO Croydon , I was away from the UK for 536 days in last 5 years, 506 days for business travel and 30 days of vacation. No single absence over 90 days. I wrote a cover letter explaining my job requirements and why I have to travel on frequent basis and also obtained a letter from HR department detailing purpose of travel and why I have to travel so much.

My appointment was at 8:15, I got done with fee and biometrics pretty quick and handed over my case to case worker at 915 everything was going well, case worker looked at my spread sheet and employee letter and said he has no issues with my high travel. He told me to take a seat around 1015 the case worker called me and told me that my wife's biometrics are not coming through and I will have to wait. It was a long wait, around 1500 case worker called me again and returned all my documents except our current passports, he said that my biometrics came through but they have some sort of system issues and my wife’s biometrics are not coming through. He showed me the grant letter but said he cannot give it to me until they have my wife's biometrics and once the issue is resolved they will post me the passports and I will receive BRP within 7 working days of receiving the grant letter.

Has someone else experienced something similar? I have seen posts regarding IT issues but it seems that in all those cases applicants were not shown a decision and either their appointments were rescheduled or case worker kept all the documents. Do you guys think that i should wait for few days or should I start calling the home office to figure out where my passports are?
Just an update... I received a call from Home office and was able to collect my passport from PEO Croydon on 18th June. Still waiting for my BRP card. I have contacted BRP delivery team and have received the following response

"Thank you for contacting the BRP Customer Contact Centre regarding the delivery of your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).

We apologise that we cannot provide any more information for you – this email address only deals with the delivery of the permit and not the production.

We are aware that the technical team are trying to resolve this as quickly as possible but they have not advised of a time scale.

Thank You

BRP Management Unit"

Has any one experinced a similar situation?

I am freaking out because my job requires 50% + travel and I am scheduled to attend two meetings in Dubai next week.

I will appreciate comments/input...

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:35 am

Haizhou1218 wrote:
I have been waiting for over 8 months now,still haven't heard anything despite 3 letters from mp and 2 letters from employer? What can we do?
i believe if its over months you can call H O and ask about your application i hope you have done that > what was the outcome ?

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:41 am

fashycrew wrote:The email address for the parliamentary ombudsman is phso.enquiries@ombudsman.org.uk. Make sure you explain your circumstance properly and include your name, dob, address or lawyers address, phone number(I got a call from them), Home Office reference number and the type of visa route you are applying through.

They will respond your email with a reference number and phone number to contact them on. Allow about 5 working days and contact them on the progress.
thanks for sharing this valuable info .. so if they hold the case for further enquiries we have to write to parliamentary ??? is that you mean >>>
please explain briefly thxxxx

fashycrew
Newly Registered

Post by fashycrew » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:48 am

No it doesn't mean you need to email the parliamentary ombudsman when you get the further enquiries letter. It just speeds things up for you and gets a faster response than the MP. Make sure you explain your case and if you have urgent travel plans or whatever case state in the email. They will chase it up for you. Home Office will rather listen to the parliamentary ombudsman than any MP. I emailed both my MP and the parliamentary ombudsman and got a swift response from the parliamentary ombudsman.

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:51 pm

fashycrew wrote:No it doesn't mean you need to email the parliamentary ombudsman when you get the further enquiries letter. It just speeds things up for you and gets a faster response than the MP. Make sure you explain your case and if you have urgent travel plans or whatever case state in the email. They will chase it up for you. Home Office will rather listen to the parliamentary ombudsman than any MP. I emailed both my MP and the parliamentary ombudsman and got a swift response from the parliamentary ombudsman.
hmm thanks for the info. i hope it will help people who require urgent response.

spaul
Newly Registered

What's the best way to reach local MPs?

Post by spaul » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:28 pm

What's the best way to reach Local MP? Via email or formal letter?
What approach shall I take to reach MP?
Panda_0077 wrote:
mtpsk wrote:
Panda_0077 wrote:
Thats awesome mtpsk!! thanks for the update!
Thanks Panda... I hope your docs are on its way since you have applied a day before me, from the previous posts in this threads I think they do the pending applications on thursday's so it arrive on saturday.

The approval letter for my application is dated 19/4/2012.

Regards
@mtpsk, you are absolutely right, my passport and documents arrived today (1hr ago)! I am truly lucky that my MP stepped in, because I just checked my ILR approval letter and the envelope, its being sent out from Liverpool! And I applied in person, premium service in Croydon!