ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

poketoholo

Post by poketoholo » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:50 pm

Apply FLR(M) in 2009, but refused, appealed based on my sick son, appeal granted in 2009 with 3yrs limited leave, have 4 british children, from 9 to 17, been here since 2007. filed for on time extension Aug 2012, done bio, Feb 2013, since then ,nothing!
God bless u all!
pt

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:00 pm

poketoholo wrote:Apply FLR(M) in 2009, but refused, appealed based on my sick son, appeal granted in 2009 with 3yrs limited leave, have 4 british children, from 9 to 17, been here since 2007. filed for on time extension Aug 2012, done bio, Feb 2013, since then ,nothing!
God bless u all!
Im sure you ve not got anything to worry about!! So many guys here have been waiting for absolute ages to get their extensions.... Have you been in touch with your MP yet?
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

SDP

Post by SDP » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:05 pm

poketoholo wrote:Apply FLR(M) in 2009, but refused, appealed based on my sick son, appeal granted in 2009 with 3yrs limited leave, have 4 british children, from 9 to 17, been here since 2007. filed for on time extension Aug 2012, done bio, Feb 2013, since then ,nothing!
God bless u all!
You have a very strong case.. Don't worry you will be given extension..it's just the norms of HO

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:13 pm

@yahwadud lolzzz u r sooo funny... thx so much ....i ve decided to let them be waiting nearly 10 months seem s too long
@ believe thanx dear, am now waiting patiently..lol

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:22 pm

d support on dis forum is priceless....taking time out to share experiences offer advise, and having some laughs is something that keeps pple going ...God bless us all and i pray we are granted all our heart desires in jesus name

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:29 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:d support on dis forum is priceless....taking time out to share experiences offer advise, and having some laughs is something that keeps pple going ...God bless us all and i pray we are granted all our heart desires in jesus name
I second that!!! 8)

poketoholo

Post by poketoholo » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:43 pm

Thank u Verbina..SDP..yes, i followed the lead of Yummymummy, and Verbina, contacted my MP last week Thursday, fingers crossed.
Persistence overcome resistance!
God bless u all!..there shall be rain of success !
pt

junaidmirza

Post by junaidmirza » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:04 pm

r4rashed wrote:
junaidmirza wrote:Lol, received a call today from some one pretending to be from HO asking for an additional payment of £578 before they can even consider my case or the deportation letter will be sent. My answer was... oh.. please, don't deport me and i asked them if i can pay in installments and the person at the other end said yes and agreed the payment plan with me for paying the fees in 4 weekly installments... haha
After that my answer was ... F Off
That's make me wonder how these fraudsters get people's information and how do they know that some one is on visa and their application is with UKBA??
I am pretty much sure that some insider helps them. I have read number of stories like this in past and rang HO as well after i put the phone down on them :)

Daniel97

Post by Daniel97 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:01 am

God bless u all!

They won't dare to refuse your application, because you still applying on basis of your initial application when it was granted.

foxtrot1234
Newly Registered

Post by foxtrot1234 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:05 am

hi

foxtrot1234
Newly Registered

dlr extension issue

Post by foxtrot1234 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:09 am

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum but I have bn following the forum since last year and I need help with my case.
This is my story: The main applicant (my wife) and I am dependent with three kids applied for DLR extension in Aug 2012, Biometric done in Feb 2012, Granted on 27 June, 2013, my wife's brp card only recvd on 2 July, 2013, We contacted BRP Dept for others brp cards (spouse and 3 kids brp cards) via email and BRP email replied after 5working days stated that only 3 kids cards will be receive in 3-7 working days and later recvd from DX courier but for me(spouse) they said they need to contact caseworker about it since 19 July 2013 no reply or response from caseworker. In addition, on 11 July,2013 only main applicant (my wife) approval letter was recvd by special delivery but the letter stated that family passports and supporting documents was enclosed which was not. But my name (spouse) and 3 kids names were included in the main applicant approval letter which show that the whole family were granted till June 2016. 2nd email was sent to brp Dept and brp email replied after 5days stated that caseworker will contact me shortly but no reply from caseworker yet. Also we emailed Home office for return of documents but the email reply stated to wait for 20 working day for return of documents. Please everyone and Gurus I need your assistance on what to do now. Very urgent.

astro123

Post by astro123 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:23 am

Hi good people in the forum, good morning to you all and enjoy your day. Could any body explain to me the logic behind ukba refusing people with British partners and children. Infact it baffles my understanding. Why would anyone want to intentionally make a child live with a single parent when they can leave with both parents. I have seen a lot of people getting refused on this basis me included. Lets hope they realise that its wrong before they do a lot of disservice to future generations. Thanks

Ket

Post by Ket » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:19 am

[quote="poketoholo"]Apply FLR(M) in 2009, but refused, appealed based on my sick son, appeal granted in 2009 with 3yrs limited leave, have 4 british children, from 9 to 17, been here since 2007. filed for on time extension Aug 2012, done bio, Feb 2013, since then ,nothing!
God bless u all![/quote]

Hey. I need your advise. I am on discretionary leave to remain visas (old rules) and have to apply for an extension. I came to the UK on a spouse visa and unfortunately marriage broke down as a result of domestic violence before leave to remain expired. I submitted SET(M)form for ILR before spouse visa expired but UKBA got back to me after my visas had expired stating that I submitted the wrong form. They say I was meant to submit (SET(M) form which I did after visas had expired. They came to me after 6 months of expired visas saying that I am now an overstayer. I fought my way and managed to get an appeal which I got and won at upper tribunal. I was given discretionary leave to remain visas as I have private life in the UK. I am confused as to which form I have to submit to extend my discretionary leave to remain visas. UKBA website says the below:

Discretionary leave
If we do not recognise you as a refugee or a person who qualifies for humanitarian protection, we may give you another type of temporary permission to stay in the UK. This permission is called 'discretionary leave to remain'. How long you are allowed to stay will depend on your circumstances, but it is unlikely to be more than three years initially.
We will only give you discretionary leave to remain in limited circumstances. If you apply to renew it when it expires, we will review your circumstances before deciding whether to give you further permission to stay. See Active review for more details. You will not be able to apply for permanent residence until you have lived in the UK for at least six years (or 10 years in some cases). To extend your residence permit or apply for permanent residence, you will need to complete application form DL - see Extend your visa for more information.

I am not a refugee or someone seeking humanitarian protection. Is it this form I have to submit for extension of discretionary leave to remain visas? Your advise will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

junaidmirza

Post by junaidmirza » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:26 am

Ket wrote:
God bless u all!
Hey. I need your advise. I am on discretionary leave to remain visas (old rules) and have to apply for an extension. I came to the UK on a spouse visa and unfortunately marriage broke down as a result of domestic violence before leave to remain expired. I submitted SET(M)form for ILR before spouse visa expired but UKBA got back to me after my visas had expired stating that I submitted the wrong form. They say I was meant to submit (SET(M) form which I did after visas had expired. They came to me after 6 months of expired visas saying that I am now an overstayer. I fought my way and managed to get an appeal which I got and won at upper tribunal. I was given discretionary leave to remain visas as I have private life in the UK. I am confused as to which form I have to submit to extend my discretionary leave to remain visas. UKBA website says the below:

Discretionary leave
If we do not recognise you as a refugee or a person who qualifies for humanitarian protection, we may give you another type of temporary permission to stay in the UK. This permission is called 'discretionary leave to remain'. How long you are allowed to stay will depend on your circumstances, but it is unlikely to be more than three years initially.
We will only give you discretionary leave to remain in limited circumstances. If you apply to renew it when it expires, we will review your circumstances before deciding whether to give you further permission to stay. See Active review for more details. You will not be able to apply for permanent residence until you have lived in the UK for at least six years (or 10 years in some cases). To extend your residence permit or apply for permanent residence, you will need to complete application form DL - see Extend your visa for more information.

I am not a refugee or someone seeking humanitarian protection. Is it this form I have to submit for extension of discretionary leave to remain visas? Your advise will be highly appreciated. Thank you.
FLR (O)

Daniel97

Re: dlr extension issue

Post by Daniel97 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:02 am

foxtrot1234 wrote:Hi everyone, I am new to this forum but I have bn following the forum since last year and I need help with my case.
This is my story: The main applicant (my wife) and I am dependent with three kids applied for DLR extension in Aug 2012, Biometric done in Feb 2012, Granted on 27 June, 2013, my wife's brp card only recvd on 2 July, 2013, We contacted BRP Dept for others brp cards (spouse and 3 kids brp cards) via email and BRP email replied after 5working days stated that only 3 kids cards will be receive in 3-7 working days and later recvd from DX courier but for me(spouse) they said they need to contact caseworker about it since 19 July 2013 no reply or response from caseworker. In addition, on 11 July,2013 only main applicant (my wife) approval letter was recvd by special delivery but the letter stated that family passports and supporting documents was enclosed which was not. But my name (spouse) and 3 kids names were included in the main applicant approval letter which show that the whole family were granted till June 2016. 2nd email was sent to brp Dept and brp email replied after 5days stated that caseworker will contact me shortly but no reply from caseworker yet. Also we emailed Home office for return of documents but the email reply stated to wait for 20 working day for return of documents. Please everyone and Gurus I need your assistance on what to do now. Very urgent.
Write to the case worker that approved your wife application and the address is on the envelop (sticker)and enclose copy of the approved letter(grant)

sahoong
Newly Registered

FLR(O) OTHERS

Post by sahoong » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:53 am

Hello All,

The HO has discontinued Discretionary Leave but the application form is said to be for other applications not covered by the categories listed. Normally, it used to be discretionary leave but now, what could one say that he/she want to apply for. I guess Humanitarian protection is one. Which other one is possible? Please, advise.

Many thanks in advance.

Sahoong.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:32 am

I pray dat in dis new month d Lord will perfect dat which concerns us all. May perfect peace rain, the peace that comes with prosperity. HAPPY NEW MONTH PEOPLE. GOOD NEWS this month
Godgives

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:34 am

GodGives wrote:I pray dat in dis new month d Lord will perfect dat which concerns us all. May perfect peace rain, the peace that comes with prosperity. HAPPY NEW MONTH PEOPLE. GOOD NEWS this month
Amen GodGives.

nikitpatel
India

Re: leave to remain

Post by nikitpatel » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:41 am

grenadagirl wrote:Hi guys, just got my doc back, my solicitor did make a mistake and said indefinite but it was not. It's just leave to remain for 30 months. But still blessed.
Congrats grenadagirl!!!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:45 am

GodGives wrote:I pray dat in dis new month d Lord will perfect dat which concerns us all. May perfect peace rain, the peace that comes with prosperity. HAPPY NEW MONTH PEOPLE. GOOD NEWS this month
Im with you on that one!

@GodGives How are you hun?

How 's your appeal?

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:16 am

Amen to that.....am trying not to get stressed and fighting back the tears....but God gives at his appointed time and I pray that we all remain patient and trusting in his faithfulness and may August be a month of testimonies....

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:17 am

Good morning all

Godgives thank you, new month new blessings - amen.

@ Sahoong, Exceptional leave to remain - ranging from anything to a total of up to 4 years (sadly they retain your passport)

@Ket , Junaid is absolutely right FLR(O) DL form is used if you were REFUSED ASYLUM
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:30 am

CrystalNewbie wrote:
Amen to that.....am trying not to get stressed and fighting back the tears....but God gives at his appointed time and I pray that we all remain patient and trusting in his faithfulness and may August be a month of testimonies....
Hey crystal hang on in there, no need for the tears. I guess we are getting closer to the end of summer and a lot of decisions between now and then to be made of which I believe majority is on the positive side including yours. We are all in it together. God has a reason for every delay but be sure he is never late.

This should inspire everyone a little "kirk franklin - I Smile" http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8SPwT3nQZ8

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:39 am

verbina wrote:
Im with you on that one!

@GodGives How are you hun?

How 's your appeal?
Am well thanks. Doing a reconsideration at the moment
Godgives

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:50 am

dapsonlee wrote:
CrystalNewbie wrote:
Hey crystal hang on in there, no need for the tears. I guess we are getting closer to the end of summer and a lot of decisions between now and then to be made of which I believe majority is on the positive side including yours. We are all in it together. God has a reason for every delay but be sure he is never late.

This should inspire everyone a little "kirk franklin - I Smile" http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8SPwT3nQZ8
@dapsonlee...a god one...always lifts the spirits