ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:31 am

monte wrote:increasing the time requirement before being eligible to apply for naturalization is a terrible terrible idea, it doesn't really help anyone,
look at Canada a country of 34 millions, in 2010 the legal immigrants were 284,000 and the time before application for citizenship is 3 years and the processing time is 1 yr, isn't that amazing.
Eireann wrote: Interesting link below...

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire ... 40735.html

Any opinion Re: New increased residency requirement for Naturalisation?
What purpose would increasing the residency requirement serve? There has been a progressive decline in the number of immigrants of all categories arriving in Ireland since around 2006, it certainly doesn't look like the trend is going to change soon. One can deduce that most of the people who arrived here at the peak of immigration inflow would have applied by now. So, the argument about using it as an intake control measure is flawed. On the contrary, the current reduction in applications gives the DoJ an advantage to streamline the process over a reasonable period of time.

The Garda vetting office will be overwhelmed because administrative ineptitude and existing Jurassic bureaucracy means that all applications for naturalization have to be physically sent in to the GVO for verifications and sent back to the naturalization office. Same goes for the Social welfare reports. This is not only a needless time wasting exercise but an expensive one at that. The irony of the issue is that these are all agencies under the aegis of the department of Justice and law Reform, overseen by the same minister. What does it take to second a Garda vetting officer permanently into the naturalization office. The information required are on the computers aren't they? Those who have had to do international travel and have needed to obtain Police clearance certificate will attest to the fact such certificates can be obtained from the local Garda superintendence office usually within a week. It is currently taking up to a year in some cases to have police clearance cert back from the GVO, yet the DoJ had opted for the more bureaucratically latent option.

As long as the current self preserving silo arrangements continue to exist in government agencies, there will be very little change. Alan Shatter certainly knows what and where the problem lies with current Irish immigration process at all stages. No one has articulated same better than he did a few months ago
http://www.kildarestreet.com/debates/?i ... hip#g242.0

The balls are in his courts now, the question remains: has he got 'one'?

9jeirean

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:00 am

looking at the answers below on the dail .. i think we are getting the same replies from alan as his predecessor ..

http://debates.oireachtas.ie/dail/2011/03/22/00166.asp

i believe he was the one who said that 2+ yrs in un-acceptable .. but now he seems to give the same. I hope alan makes a difference .. cant do much either ..

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:25 pm

starbuck wrote:looking at the answers below on the dail .. i think we are getting the same replies from alan as his predecessor ..

http://debates.oireachtas.ie/dail/2011/03/22/00166.asp

i believe he was the one who said that 2+ yrs in un-acceptable .. but now he seems to give the same. I hope alan makes a difference .. cant do much either ..
I notice the same and I think no improvement will hapen whether Dermot Ahern or Alan shatter or john smith on the minister seat.
It was all politics tactics to attack the previous government.
God help us
peace on you

nd2011

INIS Request

Post by nd2011 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:11 pm

Hi Marisa,
I do understand your difficult position and fraustration about the whole process. My candid opinion is: Don`t border writing to explain your situation to INIS because they will not listen to you untill you provide what they have asked for. My advise is: do your very best to sort out the renewal of your GNIB as quickly as you can and send INIS a copy as they have requested.

Marisa wrote:Hoping for some advice.
I received a letter from Tipperary office today where they're pointing out that my GNIB card has expired and asking for a copy of the renewed one. I am very much aware that it's expired form the 1st March, but the reason for it is that my current passport got expired, I got a new one from my embassy on the 5th March and sent it to "Without condition as to time section" to renew my stamp 5. Renewals take 40 working days now, which means I will only get my passport back around mid-May and then renew my GNIB card.
I am pretty psyched now about it, as they wrote in the letter that my 'application will only be processed further on the receipt of the above'...
Should I write them a letter explaining the situation? Or should I first contact Endorsement section asking for some kind of confirmation letter, that they're currently withholding my passport etc.?
I've applied September 08.
I would very very much appreciate any advice.

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:16 pm

Many thanks for the reply, nd2011. I also feel it makes no change,.. but I've decided to send a nice letter to Tipperary explaining the situation I am in.

BANDAR

Post by BANDAR » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:43 pm

good atfernoon- any one know about applications from 2 years ago i m th
inking if they forgot about it is 2 years now

please share your experience with , thank you

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:46 pm

Hi Bandar, have you applied early 2009? I suppose you're at the stage where they're asking for an additional documents (bank statements, payslips & P21). In my case I was asked in 1 year and 10 months after the application was made. Since that moment another 10 months has passed and the last I heard they're waiting for the Garda report.
Anyhow, I would advise you to give them a phone call (Tues & Thurs 10:00-12:30, inis.gov.ie)

ribak
Newly Registered

Post by ribak » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:19 pm

Updates at INIS website http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Ci ... sing_Times

The average time from application to decision is now at 25 months.
The section is currently commencing further processing of applications received in mid 2009.

myimmigrationboards

Post by myimmigrationboards » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:02 am

ribak wrote:Updates at INIS website http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Ci ... sing_Times

The section is currently commencing further processing of applications received in mid 2009.

25 months... dont think so!

:evil: this is a joke, who are they trying to fool??

myimmigrationboards (MIB'S)

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:42 am

ribak wrote:Updates at INIS website http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Ci ... sing_Times

HOw did they commence processing of applications received on Mid 2009 while there are applicants from start of 2009 and they did not get anything from the INIS department.
I don't trust them at all.
and hwo it is 25 months while from my experince in the forum here it is around 30 to 36 months.
peace on you

BANDAR

Post by BANDAR » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:57 am

good morning some people in 2009 they foget about us !! :roll:

kiwiwife
Newly Registered

Post by kiwiwife » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:37 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:

HOw did they commence processing of applications received on Mid 2009 while there are applicants from start of 2009 and they did not get anything from the INIS department.
I don't trust them at all.
and hwo it is 25 months while from my experince in the forum here it is around 30 to 36 months.
Probably a case of lies, damned lies and statistics :( From looking at the spreadsheet, there appear to be a few people who received responses fairly promptly, thus making the actual wait for the average 5-years residency applicant longer than 25 months (mid-2009 is now close to being 24 months ago....)

klipdrift
Newly Registered

IRELAND

Post by klipdrift » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:56 pm

WHY ON EARTH DOES ANYONE WANT TO BE AN IRISH CITIZEN ? CRAP WEATHER AND AN ECONOMY ON IT'S KNEES. I CAN THINK OF A FEW COUNTRIES WHICH OFFER MUCH BETTER PROSPECTS. BUT I LIKE SHEAMUS O' SHAUNESSY-aka THE CELTIC WARRIOR- WWE CHAMPION !!

BY THE WAY IT SOUNS LIKE YOU ALL GETTING SCREWED OVERTHERE, I 'VE READ THAT PEOPLE ARE WAITING FOR TWO YEARS OR MORE. YOU SHOULD START A GROUP AND START LOBBYING FOR WHAT YOU DESERVE !! CHEERS....

churchholigan

Additional Docs requested

Post by churchholigan » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:14 pm

I just recevied a letter from Tipperary officer asking for my most 3 recent payslips and bank statements for past 3 months. Does that mean that they are ok with my Garda and Social Welfare report? Also, does anyone knows how much longer I have to wait once when I sent documents to them? Will they make me wait for another year before they tell me yes or no?

Green land

Post by Green land » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:43 pm

Guys, a friend of mine told me that he managed to get through to them on the phone today. The biggest surprise is that the lady who answered the phone told him that the processing time at the moment is 30 - 36 months and they have not got a chance to update it on the website yet....

Is not that a joke???? No wonder the country is on its knees after such an efficient public sector....

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Re: Additional Docs requested

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:19 pm

churchholigan wrote:I just recevied a letter from Tipperary officer asking for my most 3 recent payslips and bank statements for past 3 months. Does that mean that they are ok with my Garda and Social Welfare report? Also, does anyone knows how much longer I have to wait once when I sent documents to them? Will they make me wait for another year before they tell me yes or no?
Can I know when did you apply?
R u one of the 2009 applicants?
peace on you

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:21 pm

Green land wrote:Guys, a friend of mine told me that he managed to get through to them on the phone today. The biggest surprise is that the lady who answered the phone told him that the processing time at the moment is 30 - 36 months and they have not got a chance to update it on the website yet....

Is not that a joke???? No wonder the country is on its knees after such an efficient public sector....
The real waitting time is 30 to 36 months that's from my experience here in the forum.
but they just updated theier website yesterday, and it is all bul............
peace on you

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Re: IRELAND

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:23 pm

klipdrift wrote:WHY ON EARTH DOES ANYONE WANT TO BE AN IRISH CITIZEN ? CRAP WEATHER AND AN ECONOMY ON IT'S KNEES. I CAN THINK OF A FEW COUNTRIES WHICH OFFER MUCH BETTER PROSPECTS. BUT I LIKE SHEAMUS O' SHAUNESSY-aka THE CELTIC WARRIOR- WWE CHAMPION !!

BY THE WAY IT SOUNS LIKE YOU ALL GETTING SCREWED OVERTHERE, I 'VE READ THAT PEOPLE ARE WAITING FOR TWO YEARS OR MORE. YOU SHOULD START A GROUP AND START LOBBYING FOR WHAT YOU DESERVE !! CHEERS....
based on your opinion, Can I know why you are in this forum? also Do you mind to tell us if you are Irish or a citizenship applicants?
peace on you

BANDAR

Post by BANDAR » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:16 pm

i see the inisweb-site today for now it is mid 2009 they arec looking at. does this mean people who applied are ready for this moment.

please share information,

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:37 pm

Green land wrote:Guys, a friend of mine told me that he managed to get through to them on the phone today. The biggest surprise is that the lady who answered the phone told him that the processing time at the moment is 30 - 36 months and they have not got a chance to update it on the website yet....

Not to dampen people's expectations or anything, but just to put this in perspective. A friend/colleague applied December 2007. Still waiting for response. He has always worked, he in fact is now a medical consultant. He sends them payslips bank statements etc every 6 months that hasn't convinced the INIS a bit. On the other hand we've heard cases of people getting through under 24 months. The thing is like a lottery.

9jeirean

monte

Post by monte » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:08 pm

I want to say few things:
- the processing time of applications really vary from applicant to applicant some people get approval in 24 months, majority around 30-36 months and for few unlucky fellows it's >36 months.
when they say start processing means that they opened the first few files of that period and they are going to request garda and social welfare reports which can take up to one year, so people who applied in mid 2009 might get their approval end of 2011 or early 2012.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:13 pm

9jeirean wrote:
Not to dampen people's expectations or anything, but just to put this in perspective. A friend/colleague applied December 2007. Still waiting for response. He has always worked, he in fact is now a medical consultant. He sends them payslips bank statements etc every 6 months that hasn't convinced the INIS a bit. On the other hand we've heard cases of people getting through under 24 months. The thing is like a lottery.

9jeirean
Just to update you guys: My friend got his approval today after 40months. Good luck to everyone still in the Q.

Green land

Post by Green land » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:25 pm

Thank you for the update! Please let us know what is the nationality of your friend?

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:37 pm

Green land wrote:Thank you for the update! Please let us know what is the nationality of your friend?
He's a Nigerian.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:23 pm

monte wrote:I want to say few things:
- the processing time of applications really vary from applicant to applicant some people get approval in 24 months, majority around 30-36 months and for few unlucky fellows it's >36 months.
when they say start processing means that they opened the first few files of that period and they are going to request garda and social welfare reports which can take up to one year, so people who applied in mid 2009 might get their approval end of 2011 or early 2012.
R there any other opinions regarding the process?
I applied mid 2009 but since yesterday I'm frustrated as I knew they started to process the apllicants of mid 2009 and they did not send me anything asking for further documents.
I feel getting the approval is something too far to get or it is kind of dream and I'm fraid that dream become nightmare with receiving of refusal letter.
peace on you