ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:11 am

bhatti_pk wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:00 am
Applied for wife . FLR on the 7th july.

still on invite to use app . feeling tense now
You are not alone. Many in the same situation. Hopefully you should get an invite by day end today i.e. UKVCAS’s deadline for applicants up to 31st July.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Zhukman
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Zhukman » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:25 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:11 am
bhatti_pk wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:00 am
Applied for wife . FLR on the 7th july.

still on invite to use app . feeling tense now
You are not alone. Many in the same situation. Hopefully you should get an invite by day end today i.e. UKVCAS’s deadline for applicants up to 31st July.
I`m not sure if today is a deadline - accordingly to their official information it should be done till 7th - but we applied on 22nd of July and last week received email that invitation will be sent till 14th of Sep - so it looks like they are adding 1 more week.

daenyt
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by daenyt » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:02 am

Guys the situation with IDV app decisions are looking extremely dire. Have you heard any recent approvals via the IDV app? I am losing hope now :cry:

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:30 am

daenyt wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:02 am
Guys the situation with IDV app decisions are looking extremely dire. Have you heard any recent approvals via the IDV app? I am losing hope now :cry:
I think the IDV decisions should start flowing in this week. Towards the end of last week we had one ILR applicant who reported a decision. So, seems like it should become a well oiled machinery soon.

JS123
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by JS123 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:52 am

iamawonder wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:30 am
daenyt wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:02 am
I think the IDV decisions should start flowing in this week. Towards the end of last week we had one ILR applicant who reported a decision. So, seems like it should become a well oiled machinery soon.
Fingers crossed. I’m just as anxious!

gyanp
United Kingdom

Post by gyanp » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:40 pm

Hello Everyone,
I have applied for ILR (Long Residence 10 years route) on 4th Aug 2020. But I have not received any email for IDV App invite. I have also submitted my wife and son's ILR application on 10th & 11th Aug, but no email received for them either.
When I contacted UKVCAS twitter handle. They said they can not see my application in their system because all steps are not completed.

This was their response:
"Hello, thanks for your query. The applications aren't showing up in our system. It means that you have not completed the application process on the Access UK (the UKVI website where youmake your application). You should return there to ensure you have completed all steps, an application is submitted to us by UKVI when you select 'continue' on the "Book an Appointment' page - until that is completed, the application doesn't exist in our system because it has not been transferred."

I submitted my application through a solicitor. He said he has performed all required steps. This is generic message UKVCAS gives to every one. Any views? Has any one else experienced this issue?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:46 pm

@gyanp

Another member who applied via solicitor had the same issue.

There is a possibility that your solicitor only applied on UKVI but did not register your account on UKVCAS. Both accounts must be registered otherwise you will be pushed back in queue.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

atto123
India

Post by atto123 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:48 pm

Finally May-10 th applicant, booked the manual biometric on next tuesday 15 the september, fingers crossed...

alog1
Mood:
India

Post by alog1 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:57 pm

Dr strange marvel wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:39 pm
CR001 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:35 pm
Dr strange marvel wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:34 pm
Hi CULLINAN,

I applied for SET LR and I have an appointment at an enhance center: they said in the Email:

"Please note you must bring to your appointment:
all your original supporting documents – you will need them to complete your appointment, even if you have already uploaded copies online"

I have already uploaded all documents and submitted them to UKVI through UKVCAS, I know my wife BRP is not a critical document for my SET LR and I have already upload its scan and submit it to UKVI.

The issue is : my wife BRP (she is neither the applicant nor my visa dependent) is in another city and there is no chance I can get it before the appointment so I can not show them the original of my wife BRP.

Could I ask you do you think there will be an issue?

Please let me know your advice.

Thanks
None of your wife's documents are required. Set LR requires absolute minimal documents. Submit only what the rules require.
Thank you for your fast reply, you are a super star
A follow on question on this. I have applied for ILR SET(O) - T2G. I have submitted my degree certificate in the UKVCAS site already but I dont have the original degree cert with me to carry to the biometric centre if asked. Will that be an issue?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:59 pm

alog1 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:57 pm
A follow on question on this. I have applied for ILR SET(O) - T2G. I have submitted my degree certificate in the UKVCAS site already but I dont have the original degree cert with me to carry to the biometric centre if asked. Will that be an issue?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alog1
Mood:
India

Post by alog1 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:11 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:59 pm
alog1 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:57 pm
No.
Thanks very much!

gyanp
United Kingdom

Post by gyanp » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:29 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:46 pm
@gyanp

There is a possibility that your solicitor only applied on UKVI but did not register your account on UKVCAS. Both accounts must be registered otherwise you will be pushed back in queue.
Thanks a lot @CULLINAN for quick response.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:36 pm

by Tessyallwyn » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:09 pm

Hi,
I am posting on behalf of my friend, He has a account with immgrationboard , unfortunately he forgot the password and he couldn’t recover the account. He applied for his wifes ilr , set (o). UKVCAS asked to do biometrics and submit paperwork through, which Was completed. He doesn’t receive any confirmation from ukvisa or sipra steria. Did anyone got confirmation after submitting documents and photo using idv app?

Many Thanks
Jim
He can recover his password via “forget password” link if he has access to the registered email.

No acknowledgment is sent after you submit documents either on UKVCAS/IDV app.

gyanp
United Kingdom

Post by gyanp » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:46 pm

gyanp wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:29 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@gyanp

One more question - Is it possible to get application assigned to myself now? I am not happy with my solicitor? So can I ask him to stop progressing my application and get it assigned to me. I feel based on what I read on this forum. Once I have control, I can quickly move on. Lot of applications that were submitted on or after 4th Aug have progressed well. But since I am dependent on Solicitor, he is not very helpful, I feel my case is stuck.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:02 pm

@gyanp

I can not comment on the above. I am unaware about the agreement with your solicitor. The solicitor is acting on your behalf so best to act with solicitor’s consent.

berege
Turkey

Post by berege » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:17 pm

atto123 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:48 pm
Finally May-10 th applicant, booked the manual biometric on next tuesday 15 the september, fingers crossed...
glad you have got your response atto.

may I just clarify if you have received the email for booking appointment today and then you were able to book the appointment for next week?

atto123
India

Post by atto123 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:19 pm

berege wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:17 pm
atto123 wrote:

may I just clarify if you have received the email for booking appointment today and then you were able to book the appointment for next week?
My solicitor got a response on sunday, they called today morning and we booked the appointment. hope this helps and also i think now backlog till may is completely cleared

arethere
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by arethere » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:33 pm

atto123 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:19 pm
berege wrote:
atto123 wrote:

My solicitor got a response on sunday, they called today morning and we booked the appointment. hope this helps and also i think now backlog till may is completely cleared
No the backlog has not cleared, quite a few of us are still waiting. Congratulations on booking an appointment! :)

Alsace67000
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Alsace67000 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:52 pm

gyanp wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:46 pm
gyanp wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:29 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@gyanp

One more question - Is it possible to get application assigned to myself now? I am not happy with my solicitor? So can I ask him to stop progressing my application and get it assigned to me. I feel based on what I read on this forum. Once I have control, I can quickly move on. Lot of applications that were submitted on or after 4th Aug have progressed well. But since I am dependent on Solicitor, he is not very helpful, I feel my case is stuck.

I was in the same situation. I paid £1150 to my solicitor to do my application but she wasted my time. She had 2 months to write my cover letter and didn’t by the time I was invited for the IDV app. She did my application online and for every answer wrote “please see covering letter enclosed” so obviously after I took my file off her, I had to write the cover letter myself. If you’re unhappy with your solicitor check what your agreement is. I was happy to take my documents off her any given time as long as I paid the full £1150 :x .
So I paid £1150 for her to fill up an application form which I could’ve done :(
Be careful with your solicitors - chose the right one.

And good luck everyone - to those of you who haven’t received an invite or appointment don’t be disheartened :)

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:52 pm

Got a decision from UKVI just a few minutes back (Sep 7, 2020 14:24 BST).

My application for Global Talent visa has been successful. BRP is on the way and should be delivered within 7 working days.

My timeline:
Online application submitted (& IHS fee paid): July 01, 2020
Biometrics done through IDV app: August 28, 2020
Duplicate biometrics submitted in-person appointment at Croydon due to me messing up IDV photo: August 29, 2020.

I don't know if it was the physical biometrics appointment that relatively sped up things (or it can be taken as a sign that IDV applicants are getting decisions).

Anyway, thanks a lot to all the people in this forum. It has been tremendously helpful to be in this journey together. Apologies to cullinan and iamawonder for any consternation I have caused to them in the past.
Last edited by krishnakumarg on Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

har_p3

Post by har_p3 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:55 pm

arethere wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:33 pm
atto123 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:19 pm
berege wrote:
atto123 wrote:

No the backlog has not cleared, quite a few of us are still waiting. Congratulations on booking an appointment! :)
I was in the same situation.10th May application and did not receive IDV app use email till last week. I did call UKVCAS on Wednesday (2nd Sep) to inquire. I did ask them about not following date order etc. However, the lady on the phone kept saying that it is UKVI and not them who decides. I did tell them about their status update on the website regarding 7th September deadline. To that she cheekily said, but it is only 2nd Sep and you should get it in next 5 days. If you don't then you can call us again and we will escalate for you. However, she also said that she will speak to her team leader and flag this as she believed I should have got it by then. Fortunately, the email did come on 4th Sep. So not sure if it was because I called them and she flagged it to her team leader or was it because it was going to happen regardless. Point is, try calling them and see what they have to say! It is expensive to call them but it is for your own peace of mind.

har_p3

Post by har_p3 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:57 pm

krishnakumarg wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:52 pm
Got a decision from UKVI just a few minutes back (Sep 7, 2020 14:24).

My application for Global Talent visa has been successful. BRP is on the way and should be delivered within 7 working days.

My timeline:
Duplicate biometrics submitted in-person appointment at Croydon due to me messing up IDV photo: August 29, 2020.

I can't really say if it was the physical biometrics appointment that relatively sped up things in my case (or it can be taken as a sign that IDV applicants are getting decisions).

Anyway, thanks a lot to this forum. It has been tremendously helpful to be in this journey together. Apologies to cullinan and iamawonder for any consternation I have caused to them in the past.
Sorry for a daft question but is it for ILR or a different category of visa? Congratulations by the way!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:58 pm

har_p3 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:57 pm
krishnakumarg wrote:
Got a decision from UKVI just a few minutes back (Sep 7, 2020 14:24).

My timeline:

I can't really say if it was the physical biometrics appointment that relatively sped up things in my case (or it can be taken as a sign that IDV applicants are getting decisions).

Anyway, thanks a lot to this forum. It has been tremendously helpful to be in this journey together. Apologies to cullinan and iamawonder for any consternation I have caused to them in the past.
Sorry for a daft question but is it for ILR or a different category of visa? Congratulations by the way!
The user has very clearly stated that they applied for a Global Talent Visa, so not ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sez30
United Kingdom

Post by Sez30 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:59 pm

krishnakumarg wrote:
Got a decision from UKVI just a few minutes back (Sep 7, 2020 14:24 BST).

My timeline:

I don't know if it was the physical biometrics appointment that relatively sped up things (or it can be taken as a sign that IDV applicants are getting decisions).

Anyway, thanks a lot to all the people in this forum. It has been tremendously helpful to be in this journey together. Apologies to cullinan and iamawonder for any consternation I have caused to them in the past.
I suppose it depends on which photo is on your BRP to which biometrics they used?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:02 pm

@krishnakumarg
Apologies to cullinan and iamawonder for any consternation I have caused to them in the past.
It is alright. No hard feelings. Congratulations. I am happy for you. You have great potential when it comes to research/writing skills. Good luck for your future.