ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:46 pm

shareen24h wrote:
verbina wrote:
shareen24h wrote:
summer2013 wrote:hell yeah???
if you got caught working illegally then this is breaking the low which can lead to a refusal on outstanding cases???

they are making thinks very difficult
how can we survive?
Hi
If you are not working illegally, but caught while you are going somewhere or shoping in the market and you have pending case. what should be impect.
Its totally fine then! No impact at all! They check that you genuinely have an outstanding application an let you go about your business!

Thank you everybody.
So people need to keep the copy of HO acknowledgement or correspondence letter with all the time.
I shouldnt think so, as by taking down your details they should be able to do a check straight away, but I guess for your own peace of mind its good to carry something like that...
I carry my temporary admission letter with me just in case :oops:
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

SDP

Post by SDP » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:51 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Afternoon,

I am sure on the form there is a section whereby you have to declare whether or not you are working. So if you are its best to be as honest as possible because you need to survive albeit breaking the law but you are not being a burden on the public pursue (I am not condoning illegal working by the way) You will have to provide them with payslips P60 NI records etc so they know you are working anyways. Should they stop you, call your lawyer if you have one or always have your Home office reference number in your wallet or phone or perhaps a scanned copy of the acknowledgement or refusal/appeal letter or what ever documentation you have. To frustrate them YOU COULD EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT that really winds them up!!!! They have to release you if you have an active case and have not absconded reporting ( if you are required to do so). It only becomes a problem if you hadn't given yourself up to the authorities so they have every right to detain you and will initiate removal procedures.

it's quite degrading to be singled out in public just by looks. Its morally wrong and I think that's what we call beloved!! You can't break the law to enforce the law! beloved is a crime and it's rife within the Home Office!
Yes you hit the nail on the head....we are not given right to work now looks like we do not have liberty to go round too , always carry a self defence...this is so annoying

Sarah06

Post by Sarah06 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:13 pm

I am sure on the form there is a section whereby you have to declare whether or not you are working. So if you are its best to be as honest as possible because you need to survive albeit breaking the law but you are not being a burden on the public pursue (I am not condoning illegal working by the way) You will have to provide them with payslips P60 NI records etc so they know you are working anyways. Should they stop you, call your lawyer if you have one or always have your Home office reference number in your wallet or phone or perhaps a scanned copy of the acknowledgement or refusal/appeal letter or what ever documentation you have. To frustrate them YOU COULD EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT that really winds them up!!!! They have to release you if you have an active case and have not absconded reporting ( if you are required to do so). It only becomes a problem if you hadn't given yourself up to the authorities so they have every right to detain you and will initiate removal procedures.

it's quite degrading to be singled out in public just by looks. Its morally wrong and I think that's what we call beloved!! You can't break the law to enforce the law! beloved is a crime and it's rife within the Home Office!
True talk. i think the best thing is to remain slient and frustrate them.

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:39 pm

Sarah06 wrote:

True talk. i think the best thing is to remain slient and frustrate them.
I totally agree with you!

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:01 am

Hello forum members. I just want to share little testimony and advice to you all.i applied for my flr(o) on the 17 jan 2012,same day that I was arrested working illegally.my application was refused on 26 march 2013 which I thought was the most saddest of my life because I prayed and fasted for days for a successful outcome. Luckily for me,I was given a right of appeal which I did lodge through my lawyer few days after my refusal and I got my appeal hearing date after two months.my appeal date was listed for 31st of July 2013 but I took a gamble by emailing the first tier tribunal to kindly expedite my hearing date and luckily for me,my gamble paid off and I was given an earlier date for 5th may 2013. The appeal date finally arrived and insha allahu(by god grace ) it went well and I received appeal determination after three week that my appeal has been allowed . Yesterday I received a call from my lawyer that BRP has arrived and told me I was granted 3 yrs under the old rule as you all were now aware of. And the only reason i got granted 3 yrs discretion is simply because my application was initially refused and But won the case at court. According to the new rule in place since 09 July 2012,I am suppose to be granted 2.5 (10 year route) but simply because I was refused initially and took home office to court,I still fall under the old rule. The lesson I want you all to learn is that,what ever happen to us in life,it has a reason from allah(god). God is a good god and he answered our prayers in disguise.i was crying and thought my prayers and fasting was never answered without knowing that god has a better reason why I was initially refused . Please learn from my experience .
Last edited by yahwadud on Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

akhope
Newly Registered

Post by akhope » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:34 am

yahwadud wrote:Hello forum members. I just want to share little testimony and advice to you all.i applied for my flr(o) on the 17 jan 2012,same day that I was arrested working illegally.my application was refused on 26 march 2013 which I thought was the most saddest of my life because I prayed and fasted for days for a successful outcome. Luckily for me,I was given a right of appeal which I did lodge through my lawyer few days after my refusal and I got my appeal hearing date after two months.my appeal date was listed for 31st of July 2013 but I took a gamble by emailing the first tier tribunal to kindly expedite my hearing date and luckily for me,my gamble paid off and I was given an earlier date for 5th may 2013. The appeal date finally arrived and insha allahu(by god grace ) it went well and I received appeal determination after three week that my appeal has been allowed . Yesterday I received a call from my lawyer that BRP has arrived and told me I was granted 3 yrs under the old rule as you all were now aware of. And the only reason iI was granted 3 yrs discretion is simply because my appeal was initially refused and I win my case at the court. According to the new rule in place since 09 July 2012,I am suppose to be granted 2.5 (10 year route) but simply because I was refused initially and took home office to court,I still fall under the old rule. The lesson I want you all to learn is that,what ever happen to us in life,it has a reason from allah(god). God is a good god and he answered our prayers in disguise.i was crying and thought my prayers and fasting was never answered without knowing that god has a better reason why I was initially refused . Please learn from my experience .
Hi

Congratulations on getting your visa. It's good to know they grant it still. My name is Angel and my visa has been refused I have filed an appeal and I haven't got the schedule yet as to when the hearing will be. Would it be okay if you tell me about your experience and if you ha your solicitor come it with you? To tell you briefly, I came here as a Tier 4 dependent but my husband was violent. We got divorced and I now have a British partner. I applied flro on march 2012 refused June 2013. Thanks and looking forward to your reply.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:44 am

@ Yahwadud. Your contribution to this forum is immense as they say in my neck of the woods 'Take a bow son, take a bow' Fantastic and moving testimony. We are all happy for you.

Akhope welcome - Were you advised against applying via SET(DV) for domestic abuse? nevertheless, I wish you success with your FLR(O) - Sorry to hear of your troubled past!

have a good weekend all!
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

SDP

Post by SDP » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:24 am

yahwadud wrote:Hello forum members. I just want to share little testimony and advice to you all.i applied for my flr(o) on the 17 jan 2012,same day that I was arrested working illegally.my application was refused on 26 march 2013 which I thought was the most saddest of my life because I prayed and fasted for days for a successful outcome. Luckily for me,I was given a right of appeal which I did lodge through my lawyer few days after my refusal and I got my appeal hearing date after two months.my appeal date was listed for 31st of July 2013 but I took a gamble by emailing the first tier tribunal to kindly expedite my hearing date and luckily for me,my gamble paid off and I was given an earlier date for 5th may 2013. The appeal date finally arrived and insha allahu(by god grace ) it went well and I received appeal determination after three week that my appeal has been allowed . Yesterday I received a call from my lawyer that BRP has arrived and told me I was granted 3 yrs under the old rule as you all were now aware of. And the only reason i got granted 3 yrs discretion is simply because my application was initially refused and But won the case at court. According to the new rule in place since 09 July 2012,I am suppose to be granted 2.5 (10 year route) but simply because I was refused initially and took home office to court,I still fall under the old rule. The lesson I want you all to learn is that,what ever happen to us in life,it has a reason from allah(god). God is a good god and he answered our prayers in disguise.i was crying and thought my prayers and fasting was never answered without knowing that god has a better reason why I was initially refused . Please learn from my experience .

Congrats once again ...it's time to party now...
Yes always faith takes us a long way....there is not a single day I don't pray to God he will definitely listen to my prayers...

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:36 am

yahwadud wrote:Hello forum members. I just want to share little testimony and advice to you all.i applied for my flr(o) on the 17 jan 2012,same day that I was arrested working illegally.my application was refused on 26 march 2013 which I thought was the most saddest of my life because I prayed and fasted for days for a successful outcome. Luckily for me,I was given a right of appeal which I did lodge through my lawyer few days after my refusal and I got my appeal hearing date after two months.my appeal date was listed for 31st of July 2013 but I took a gamble by emailing the first tier tribunal to kindly expedite my hearing date and luckily for me,my gamble paid off and I was given an earlier date for 5th may 2013. The appeal date finally arrived and insha allahu(by god grace ) it went well and I received appeal determination after three week that my appeal has been allowed . Yesterday I received a call from my lawyer that BRP has arrived and told me I was granted 3 yrs under the old rule as you all were now aware of. And the only reason i got granted 3 yrs discretion is simply because my application was initially refused and But won the case at court. According to the new rule in place since 09 July 2012,I am suppose to be granted 2.5 (10 year route) but simply because I was refused initially and took home office to court,I still fall under the old rule. The lesson I want you all to learn is that,what ever happen to us in life,it has a reason from allah(god). God is a good god and he answered our prayers in disguise.i was crying and thought my prayers and fasting was never answered without knowing that god has a better reason why I was initially refused . Please learn from my experience .
Hi "yahwadud

Warm congratulation for your freedom. We believe only God knows what will happen in future. I am sorry don`t know your case history. If possible please share your history briefly.

My timeline

Applied FLR(0) under 7 yrs
application submit DEC-2012
Acknw. Dec2012
Bio-March 2013
Decision- Waiting---------

Letsee
BANNED

Post by Letsee » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:39 pm

Guys here is a letter which has help me deal with uncertainty hope you ll find it useful
http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Moral_let ... /Letter_13

Goodluck everyone.

GLH2012

Re: Appeal time frame

Post by GLH2012 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:53 pm

HiPriest wrote:Hi Guys

How long are you allowed to appeal a HO decision please? My Zambrano application was refused back in May but I never bothered to appeal within the 10 days time give since I was planning to do another application under EX1 and Article 8 & 3.

I am about to send my article 8 application and also thinking of appealing the Zambrano decision.

What do you think guys, please advice.

Thanks
Hello HiPriest, sorry to hear that you were unable to appeal your Zambrano refusal. Since you got refused in May, am guessing that your appeal window is now closed. I was refused in June and lodged my appeal on the very last day my appeal could be accepted which was the 5th of July. Your appeal date is at the very top right corner of your refusal letter. There is "Deemed/Actual Date of service" with a date, then next line..+10(P). The date on there then add 10 working working days is your deadline.
You can go ahead and apply for the Article 8. Please can you share what your circumstance is if you don't mind. Am sure ours are similar. Am a single mother to a British son. Thanks and all the best.

SDP

Post by SDP » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:02 pm

Looks like everyone is enjoying the sun...hmm why not a bit of relief from HO saga !

ali90

Post by ali90 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:04 pm

10 year route with lawful residence? will it be lawful if you had application starting that 10 year or the 10 year has to be with FLR

pink nails
Newly Registered

Post by pink nails » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:29 pm

WOW, well done. This gives us "the refused" some encouragement when its so hard to come by.

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:23 pm

ali90 wrote:10 year route with lawful residence? will it be lawful if you had application starting that 10 year or the 10 year has to be with FLR
Any 10 years continuous residence will do.

ali90

Post by ali90 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:16 pm

Chidy wrote:
ali90 wrote:10 year route with lawful residence? will it be lawful if you had application starting that 10 year or the 10 year has to be with FLR

so even 10 years of over stay will do as long as applications were made to ukba during those 10 years?

SDP

Post by SDP » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:47 pm

ali90 wrote:
Chidy wrote:

so even 10 years of over stay will do as long as applications were made to ukba during those 10 years?
How can you consider 10yrs overstay as legal ?..

ali90

Post by ali90 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:46 pm

SDP wrote:
ali90 wrote:
Chidy wrote:

How can you consider 10yrs overstay as legal ?..
its not over stay of over 10 years. applied for family ILR as dependent. that was refused and then had legacy application was under 18 that time. still havent made a decision on it and i am nearly 23 now. so it aint fully over stay especailly because i am born in this country and have lived majority of my life here except 2/3 years . application pending for 5 years i am sure that should count under 10years

Sarah06

Post by Sarah06 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:48 pm

Congrts again , thanks for ur word of encouragement, ur contribution to this forum is immense. Enjoy ur freedom and always remember us in ur prayers.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:29 pm

How can you consider 10yrs overstay as legal ?..[/quote]

its not over stay of over 10 years. applied for family ILR as dependent. that was refused and then had legacy application was under 18 that time. still havent made a decision on it and i am nearly 23 now. so it aint fully over stay especailly because i am born in this country and have lived majority of my life here except 2/3 years . application pending for 5 years i am sure that should count under 10years[/quote]

Good evening All.

@Ali90, I am slightly confused as to how many applications you have outstanding with the home office? Perhaps if the forum knew which route you were pursuing then we could try and assist you as much as we can.

As Chidy said it has to be any 10 years lawful residency and you should have not been out of the country for a more than 6 months at any given time and a total of 18 months in the 10 years.
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

ali90

Post by ali90 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:42 pm

Believe2013 wrote:How can you consider 10yrs overstay as legal ?..
its not over stay of over 10 years. applied for family ILR as dependent. that was refused and then had legacy application was under 18 that time. still havent made a decision on it and i am nearly 23 now. so it aint fully over stay especailly because i am born in this country and have lived majority of my life here except 2/3 years . application pending for 5 years i am sure that should count under 10years[/quote]

Good evening All.

@Ali90, I am slightly confused as to how many applications you have outstanding with the home office? Perhaps if the forum knew which route you were pursuing then we could try and assist you as much as we can.

As Chidy said it has to be any 10 years lawful residency and you should have not been out of the country for a more than 6 months at any given time and a total of 18 months in the 10 years.[/quote]

i have been in this country everyday since 2001. had family ilr in 2003 that was refused in 2007. had legacy in 2008 that only my parents were refused on my decision is still pending which i only found out 2 weeks ago and also made flro last year which is still pending

and also born in this country and spent first 8 years in uk only left country for 3 years as a kid which wasnt my own choice

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:27 am

ali90 wrote:
its not over stay of over 10 years. applied for family ILR as dependent. that was refused and then had legacy application was under 18 that time. still havent made a decision on it and i am nearly 23 now. so it aint fully over stay especailly because i am born in this country and have lived majority of my life here except 2/3 years . application pending for 5 years i am sure that should count under 10years
Good evening All.

As Chidy said it has to be any 10 years lawful residency and you should have not been out of the country for a more than 6 months at any given time and a total of 18 months in the 10 years.[/quote]
We have started Aayat-e-Karima 25,000 times.

(LAA ILAHA ILLAA ANTAA SUBHANAKA INNI KUNTO MINAZ ZALIMEEN) for the peace everywhere in the world.
Just read ONCE and forward it and please DON'T stopp
i have been in this country everyday since 2001. had family ilr in 2003 that was refused in 2007. had legacy in 2008 that only my parents were refused on my decision is still pending which i only found out 2 weeks ago and also made flro last year which is still pending

and also born in this country and spent first 8 years in uk only left country for 3 years as a kid which wasnt my own choice[/quote. @Ali90.i do gave you some advice weeks ago about ur case but it seems you are making things harder for yourself by trying to sought a complex question on forum. At these stage of ur case,the best I could advice you is to start praying hard for a successful outcome on ur instead.If home office requested for more evidence (as it is with ur application ),then you have a better chance of being granted !

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:43 pm

ali90 wrote:
Chidy wrote:

In 10 years applications, illegal stay is not allowed, therefore not counted.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:04 pm

yahwadud wrote:
ali90 wrote:
Good evening All.

As Chidy said it has to be any 10 years lawful residency and you should have not been out of the country for a more than 6 months at any given time and a total of 18 months in the 10 years.

(LAA ILAHA ILLAA ANTAA SUBHANAKA INNI KUNTO MINAZ ZALIMEEN) for the peace everywhere in the world.

and also born in this country and spent first 8 years in uk only left country for 3 years as a kid which wasnt my own choice[/quote. @Ali90.i do gave you some advice weeks ago about ur case but it seems you are making things harder for yourself by trying to sought a complex question on forum. At these stage of ur case,the best I could advice you is to start praying hard for a successful outcome on ur instead.If home office requested for more evidence (as it is with ur application ),then you have a better chance of being granted ![/quote]

Hi yahwadud

Due respect everybody in this forum. I am fully unable to understand ali90 case history, what he explain time to time.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:20 pm

shareen24h wrote:
yahwadud wrote:
ali90 wrote:
Good evening All.

and also born in this country and spent first 8 years in uk only left country for 3 years as a kid which wasnt my own choice[/quote. @Ali90.i do gave you some advice weeks ago about ur case but it seems you are making things harder for yourself by trying to sought a complex question on forum. At these stage of ur case,the best I could advice you is to start praying hard for a successful outcome on ur instead.If home office requested for more evidence (as it is with ur application ),then you have a better chance of being granted !
Hi yahwadud

Due respect everybody in this forum. I am fully unable to understand ali90 case history, what he explain time to time.[/quote]