ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:56 pm

sahdi wrote:JUST WANDERING WHETHER ANYONE HAS HAD THERE PASSPORT BACK WHO HAS GOT A EXPIRED TB TEST.

THIS MAY BE WHY MY STATUS HASNT CHANGED, MY HUBBYS TB TEST IS EXPIRED.

THE VISA WAS ISSUED ON 6TH OCTOBER AND THE TB TEST EXPIRED ON 23RD OCTOBER
Hi Sahdi,

I am in the same boat, wifes TB test has expired. I know revolution's wife was asked to renew TB test before they gave passport back

Inshallah Allah will do better for us all
Regards,

Baz

Jjay
Newly Registered

Post by Jjay » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:34 pm

status changed yesterday and got the call to collect today!!!!

Wife will pick up passport on Monday.

Shakiya
Newly Registered

Post by Shakiya » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:43 pm

Jjay wrote:status changed yesterday and got the call to collect today!!!!

Wife will pick up passport on Monday.
Congrats Ijay..... finally you GOT the call, You've been waiting a long time for this .....i hope my husbands' status changes soon :? we applied on 30th June.

Im really happy to hear that things are moving faster with visa processing.
You must be really HAPPY!

Oh remember reading some where that Gerry's is open on a weekend i.e Saturday ........ may be your wife could collect passport sooner... you could check this out.

iffy
Newly Registered

RE:

Post by iffy » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:44 pm

was794 wrote:iffy - My wife applied in June for a spouse Visa - im in the same boat as you, still waiting!!
The email you recieved means your application has been processed (probably been approved so congratulations!!) but you still have to wait for Gerry's to call you to collect the passport.
Happy waiting lad....
Hi Was794!!!
My wife got a call this morning from Gerry's asking her to collect her passport - the status changed online on 11th November.
ALHAMDULILLAH, She got her passport back with stamped visa.

Visa Application Centre: Islamabad
Date Submitted: 24th JUNE 2009
ALLAH bless you 'n' your family brother for giving me such a nice reply....
JazakALLAH.....

Jjay
Newly Registered

Post by Jjay » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:54 pm

they asked her to collect it today but she lives about 5 hours away!!

they do not open on weekend for collection so will go on Monday!

TB expires on the 19th so may have to get that re-done

thanks Shakiya

I applied 23rd June - islamabad you should hear back soon.

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:15 pm

hi everyone,

congrats to everyone with visas on passports.....

i think me and Bazzy are in the same boat as our spouses tb tests have expires....god knows how much this process will take.

lahore001
Newly Registered

Post by lahore001 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:25 pm

One more good News.

My wife Collected her passport today with Visa stamp on it.

Applied on: 7 August 2009
Processed from Abu-Dhabi: 16th October 2009
Collected from Gerry's Islamabad: 13th November 2009

Thx God,

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:26 pm

sahdi wrote:hi everyone,

congrats to everyone with visas on passports.....

i think me and Bazzy are in the same boat as our spouses tb tests have expires....god knows how much this process will take.
Hi Sahdi,

My wife has told me she got a call from Gerry's to collect her passport today, i checked the status and it has also changed.

So my wife will pick it up inshallah on Monday. I am hoping for the best.
Please pray for me brothers and sisters...
Regards,

Baz

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:39 pm

hi bazzy

thts good news at last...i'll pray for u and ur mrs, inshallah you will get a positive result.
Iam really worried why my husbands status hasn't changed :( . please pray for us too

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:43 pm

sahdi wrote:hi bazzy

thts good news at last...i'll pray for u and ur mrs, inshallah you will get a positive result.
Iam really worried why my husbands status hasn't changed :( . please pray for us too
Hi Sahdi,

Inshallah it will happen, my wife applied from karachi, was urs from Lahore?

I am a bit scared considering her TB test expired and they never called her to renew it first. I havent heard anyone else in the same scenario other then revolution but his wife got a call to renew the tb test.

But Inshallah Allah SWT will do best
Regards,

Baz

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:48 pm

hi bazzy,

my husbands was from islamabad...dnt worry about the tb test, i dnt think its too much of an issue, your wife will just have to renew it before she travels

VASEY

Post by VASEY » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:32 pm

theres been a real shift in stamps this week and long may it continue, mubarak to all those taht got the good news and those waiting inshallah it will happen soon.

ive got the whole process to wait yet (1st week) so if anyone who is left please keep the post going and keep me company. those of you that got the good news remember us in your duas and dont ride of into the sunset just yet.

ah1717
Newly Registered

Application Ready for Pickup

Post by ah1717 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:58 pm

Hi there,

Well, I posted a few days ago. Got an email from UKHUB that they
can't trace my application.

However, this morning i checked online
and it said, "applicaiton ready for pickup"!

Application date: 09/06/09
Application ready for pickup 13/11/09 (nearly 110 working days)

Now pray that my wife got a visa, they will pick up soon, I will let you
know of the outcome.

I pray that you all get good news!

desperate__wife

Post by desperate__wife » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:32 pm

hello bazzy_1

inshalla u will get good news.

i too also applied from karachi on 5th May....fresh application settlement spouse...

what was ur case....fresh?....setllement?...spouse HSMP or what?

plz let me know cause very few karachi people apply and most r from ISB.

plz let me also know ur out come on the visa and did the TB expiry effect it in anyway as my TB expired on the 6th Sep.

PEACE!!

D_W

kayaniii

Post by kayaniii » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:48 am

O yar whats TB TEST walon ka number?
Hav to get an appointment just lost their number
thnx

Dua8
Newly Registered

success story

Post by Dua8 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:53 am

Hi to everyone

Allahamdollila i got my visa

i appllied for spouse visa on 24.07.2009
status changed at 8.00 p.m on 11.11.2009
passport collection date 12.11.2009
visa stamp date 22.10.2009

Kayniii
telephone numbers for TB test appointment are:

0307-5124716

0307-5124719

0307-5124720

0307-5124721

0307-5124722

0307-5124723

111-466-472 Ext 306-308

Congratulations for all of those who got visa and best of luck for those who are waiting for their visa.

moto

Post by moto » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:17 am

Hi,
my wife got psw dependat visa and i got question regarding her travel date.
is there any rule to travel within 28days after you got visa.
thanks

was794

Post by was794 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:01 pm

My wifes TB test expired over 2 weeks ago - she still got her passport few days ago - they did not mention anything about the TB test being expired.
She will have to take another test before she flies out or get tested when she lands in UK.
I dont think there following the procedure REVOULTION had to follow - seems to me there working hard to clear the massive backlog ASAP and are not delaying things further for people who have expired TB test certificates.

was794

Post by was794 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:18 pm

Guys n Gals - TB test -

Just spoke to some dude my Bro knows - solicitor for some immagration company - he helps the goverment kick people out !!! lol

He said a "valid" TB test certificate is NOT required -
Only thing required is PASSPORT/VISA - AND Border staff do have the right to ask for more ID or evidence to prove the VISA (this is stuff you sent with the application including TB test certifacte valid/expired etc etc). They also have the right (if you look really really ill) to medically examine you if they suspect you have a virus or pose a risk to others e.g. swine flu maybe!!!

I may be wrong if i am i do apologize!! Maybe Batley Khan can look into this (hint hint) ???

TB TEST IS VALID FOR 6 MONTHS - A VALID TB TEST CERTIFICATE IS NEEDED IN ORDER TO APPLY FOR A VISA - ONCE A VISA IS GRANTED AND THE TB TEST CERTIFACTE HAS EXPIRED DO YOU NEED TO GET A NEW ONE??

Ive done some research on the UKVISA website - It doesnt say anywhere a valid tb test is required - A valid TB test is only require to apply for a VISA...
STUFF BELOW IS COPY AND PASTED FROM UK VISAS WEBSITE ::
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/tbscreening/

Do I need to bring any documents with me to the UK?
On arrival, an immigration officer may ask you to show evidence of your reasons for coming to the UK. This may include travel tickets, evidence of funding, letters from your sponsor or businesses you are visiting, or schools you will study at. You should carry in your hand luggage copies of documents that you showed to the visa officer.

- this is in addition to the passport obviously!!!

How does this work?
Entry clearance applicants for stays over six months will need to get a certificate from an accredited clinic showing that they are free from infectious tuberculosis. If they do not have such a certificate, their entry clearance application will normally be refused.

- So a TB test certifacate is a must have for anyone wishing to "succesfully" apply for a VISA.

Maybe people could look into this or try contacting the border agency?? ive sent them email and will let you all know when i get a reply.

iffy
Newly Registered

Post by iffy » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:55 pm

was794 wrote:Guys n Gals - TB test -

Just spoke to some dude my Bro knows - solicitor for some immagration company - he helps the goverment kick people out !!! lol

He said a "valid" TB test certificate is NOT required -
Only thing required is PASSPORT/VISA - AND Border staff do have the right to ask for more ID or evidence to prove the VISA (this is stuff you sent with the application including TB test certifacte valid/expired etc etc). They also have the right (if you look really really ill) to medically examine you if they suspect you have a virus or pose a risk to others e.g. swine flu maybe!!!

I may be wrong if i am i do apologize!! Maybe Batley Khan can look into this (hint hint) ???

TB TEST IS VALID FOR 6 MONTHS - A VALID TB TEST CERTIFICATE IS NEEDED IN ORDER TO APPLY FOR A VISA - ONCE A VISA IS GRANTED AND THE TB TEST CERTIFACTE HAS EXPIRED DO YOU NEED TO GET A NEW ONE??

Ive done some research on the UKVISA website - It doesnt say anywhere a valid tb test is required - A valid TB test is only require to apply for a VISA...
STUFF BELOW IS COPY AND PASTED FROM UK VISAS WEBSITE ::
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/tbscreening/

Do I need to bring any documents with me to the UK?
On arrival, an immigration officer may ask you to show evidence of your reasons for coming to the UK. This may include travel tickets, evidence of funding, letters from your sponsor or businesses you are visiting, or schools you will study at. You should carry in your hand luggage copies of documents that you showed to the visa officer.

- this is in addition to the passport obviously!!!

How does this work?
Entry clearance applicants for stays over six months will need to get a certificate from an accredited clinic showing that they are free from infectious tuberculosis. If they do not have such a certificate, their entry clearance application will normally be refused.

- So a TB test certifacate is a must have for anyone wishing to "succesfully" apply for a VISA.

Maybe people could look into this or try contacting the border agency?? ive sent them email and will let you all know when i get a reply.
Hi Was794!!!
In your Post, You wrote:

Could you please tell me, what does it means?
Is it compulsory to get that sort of F****** Certificate, sorry my language, from somewhere before travel to the UK. Elaborate this, Apart from the valid TB Test Certificate?
Please Mate.........................

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:00 pm

Will I need to take my certificate with me to the UK?

Yes. You should carry it in your hand luggage. If you do not, you may be delayed on arrival in the UK. We also advise that you take your chest x-ray with you in case you need to see a doctor in the UK.
I think you missed this bit out of the link that you posted.

However it doesnt say it has to be valid. So if your TB certificate has expired ( just by 2-3 months) it should be ok.

Hope this helps :D

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:10 pm

Hi Was794!!!
In your Post, You wrote:

Is it compulsory to get that sort of F****** Certificate, sorry my language, from somewhere before travel to the UK. Elaborate this, Apart from the valid TB Test Certificate?
It means that if you want to come to the UK from Pakistan, you have to to be examined by an appropiate medical authoruty designated by teh BHC to ensure that you do not suffer from TB.

If you have this medical examination done and get a certificate, it means you do not have TB.

This certificate is required when you apply for visa.

No certificate = No visa

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:10 pm

desperate__wife wrote:hello bazzy_1

inshalla u will get good news.

i too also applied from karachi on 5th May....fresh application settlement spouse...

what was ur case....fresh?....setllement?...spouse HSMP or what?

plz let me know cause very few karachi people apply and most r from ISB.

plz let me also know ur out come on the visa and did the TB expiry effect it in anyway as my TB expired on the 6th Sep.

PEACE!!

D_W
Hi D_W,

My wife's application was a fresh settlement application. I will let you know the outcome.
She will be picking it up on monday inshallah.

I know you have been waiting longer then every1 and it is not fair. I pray to Allah inshallah he brings good news to you aswell.

Please pray that we hear good news.
Regards,

Baz

iffy
Newly Registered

Post by iffy » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:11 pm

batleykhan wrote:
Will I need to take my certificate with me to the UK?

Yes. You should carry it in your hand luggage. If you do not, you may be delayed on arrival in the UK. We also advise that you take your chest x-ray with you in case you need to see a doctor in the UK.
I think you missed this bit out of the link that you posted.

However it doesnt say it has to be valid. So if your TB certificate has expired ( just by 2-3 months) it should be ok.

Hope this helps :D
Hi Batley Khan!!!
Could you please tell me, what questions the Immigration Officers normally ask to the newcomers upon their arrival on the airport before clearance, as my wife, she is newcomer and travel to the UK in 2 - 3 weeks time. I just want to tell her ,that she must aware of these, you know what i am saying..........
Please :D

iffy
Newly Registered

Post by iffy » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 pm

batleykhan wrote:
Hi Was794!!!
In your Post, You wrote:

It means that if you want to come to the UK from Pakistan, you have to to be examined by an appropiate medical authoruty designated by teh BHC to ensure that you do not suffer from TB.

If you have this medical examination done and get a certificate, it means you do not have TB.

This certificate is required when you apply for visa.

No certificate = No visa
Cheers Mate!!!!!
I thought, he is talking about some other certificate, apart from the TB Test certificate.....