ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mummytwo

Re: Beware of Fraudsters

Post by mummytwo » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:51 pm

socrates wrote:
mummytwo wrote:My dear people

How are you all, I hope you are having a nice time?

Please be careful of where and how you divulge your information, I want to share my experience with you and I honestly dont know if this was a random act or pre-meditated. For starters apart from this forum, I have NEVER had a chat or the sorts with anyone regarding immigration issues so am still at a loss as to how it happened.

A random guy suddenly called me with unknown number during my lunch break. Telling me about UKBA and how if I paid a certain amount I could be granted automatic british citizenship.

He started with ''can I speak to the owner of the phone?'' My initial thought was bloody PPI people... and in my sternest voice I said ''YES,WHAT DO YOU WANT?''

He a very thick accent that ,I had to strain my ears to hear the little I could deduce from his one-sided conversation. When he mentioned automatic pathway to british citizenship,I just knew he was a damn fluke and I just told him to get lost.

I am still in shock really, but not bothered, cos God is in charge.
@MUMMYTWO, If it is not someone who knows about you, your immigration matter or phone number, then my suggestion is that either the person is connected to your solicitor, or someone at the UKBA is at it. Permit me if I am wrong, but that is the only possible three angles this might arise from, no more no less. We all have to be careful of evil people who take advantage of innocent people in this world. We just have to be careful. God bless you and Good luck to everyone
Dear socrates, may God bless you! See, I have never employed the services of a solicitor in any of my applications to the home office, I always do everything my self and to the glory of God,outcomes are always successful. Not by my power of might just God's favour. I am just thinking deeply now, and the only pointer leads to probably ukba because no one knows what am passing through. My employer has run checks with ukba in times past to confirm my status so other than that, only God knows my name and case number in the home office.lol. Is it really possible to think it is possible there are some bad eggs cashing in on people's worries to take advantage? I just don't know what to think anymore but I definitely agree with you, we all have to be careful and I pray God will grant us all the favour we need irrespective of our case. Thank you so much and have a wonderful evening socrates.

junaidmirza

Re: Beware of Fraudsters

Post by junaidmirza » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:51 pm

mummytwo wrote:My dear people

How are you all, I hope you are having a nice time?

Please be careful of where and how you divulge your information, I want to share my experience with you and I honestly dont know if this was a random act or pre-meditated. For starters apart from this forum, I have NEVER had a chat or the sorts with anyone regarding immigration issues so am still at a loss as to how it happened.

A random guy suddenly called me with unknown number during my lunch break. Telling me about UKBA and how if I paid a certain amount I could be granted automatic british citizenship.

He started with ''can I speak to the owner of the phone?'' My initial thought was bloody PPI people... and in my sternest voice I said ''YES,WHAT DO YOU WANT?''

He a very thick accent that ,I had to strain my ears to hear the little I could deduce from his one-sided conversation. When he mentioned automatic pathway to british citizenship,I just knew he was a damn fluke and I just told him to get lost.

I am still in shock really, but not bothered, cos God is in charge.
I received the same call about ILR few days back in exchange of a fee of £500. My answer was F*** Off.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:10 pm

@mumytwo dont worry about i it happened to a guy on dis forum recently....its anoda low life animal tryin to prey on vulnerable pple and am sure he got d message loud and clear.... we may hv immigratn issue but we are not stupid.

SDP

Post by SDP » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:50 pm

Can't believe ppl can stoop down to such a level !

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:00 am

Sadly there are people out there, preying on innocent body to make money out of their misery!

Sarah06

Post by Sarah06 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:40 am

yummymummy3j wrote:@sarah dear very soon the nail biting will stop in jesus name... the postman will have no choice but to deliver our visas in jesus name.... can you share yr story pls
Thanks dear
Here is my time line

Sarah06

My time line

Post by Sarah06 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:43 am

Here is my time line

Date Applied/Docs sent: 05/07/12
Date Received Ack. Letter: 27/07/12
Payment taken: 30/07/12
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 14/02/2012
Date Biometrics Done at PO: 18/02/2012
Still: Waiting
Application Type: FLR (0) on private life

Rang them last week , was told is with the decision making teams :D

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:52 am

Morning All,

So on this Forum there are two cases of dodgy callers and other forums people have experienced the same too. Well I would definitely lodge a formal complaint both to the HO and Ombudsman citing the case units handling your applications. That's serious breach of the Data Protection Act and I hope the perpetrators are caught and dealt with harshly.
Shame on the HO, "sadly - if they are paying peanuts they will get monkeys"

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:54 am

@sarah it is well .....u have been waitin 13months you will definetely hear from them soon and it shall be the good news you have longed for in jesus name....stop biting those nails my dear.... your joy is around d corner

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:05 am

I sense your waiting will come to an end soon Sarah, 13 months is excruciating - I second that yummymummy3j, a decision is imminent.
I would put that Champers on ice.......Fingers crossed, all the best

Sarah06

Post by Sarah06 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:17 am

yummymummy3j wrote:@sarah it is well .....u have been waitin 13months you will definetely hear from them soon and it shall be the good news you have longed for in jesus name....stop biting those nails my dear.... your joy is around d corner
I claim it in Jesus name, thanks for your positive words

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:23 am

sanny 26 and mummytwo how are you guyz today?

Sarah06

Post by Sarah06 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:24 am

Believe2013 wrote:I sense your waiting will come to an end soon Sarah, 13 months is excruciating - I second that yummymummy3j, a decision is imminent.
I would put that Champers on ice.......Fingers crossed, all the best
Excruciating u mean, it was more than that. I have been out of work for the past 8months. Just relaying on the voluntary work money I was getting £45 a week.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:30 am

awwww sarah dat must be soo hard ...did yr employers nt contact ho to kno u still hv pending application?

majojo

Post by majojo » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:43 am

Ukba home office immigration duck them honestly am sick n tired now I want to cancel my application. I call n am told they r not working on applications made march 2013 any time soon I ask y she says I don't know. Now am out off wirk ever since my manager said home office called them now they not sure if I have right to work mean while I sent all documents stating I can work whilst application is pending ... Now I wish I never. Made this application

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:46 am

You are closer to your dream Sarah, Your faith will definitely be rewarded - you can reflect on the past and thank the almighty. All the pain and waiting has to come to an end at some point dear friend!

SDP

Re: My time line

Post by SDP » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:00 am

Sarah06 wrote:Here is my time line

@sarah I have applied on 27sep 2012, biometrics done on 26th feb 2013
Decision waiting....tired ringing HO same answer all the time !
Applied on Private life.
Last edited by SDP on Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:02 am

Majojo be strong, surely your employers can not sack you. Have you discussed this with your HR department? Have they given you anything in writing?

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:09 am

hi guys wondering if this help in putting minds at rest....i have just been on the phone to ho call centre ... d lady i spoke with was nice and patient... and she told me that all flr o will definetely be finishd by end of september and i askd her is that a fact she said she can confirm that ... they aim to finish d flr o back log september ending..... whether or not she said it to send me off the phone as usual i dont know but what i know is anything dat begins must surely come to an end one day ...... end of sept is here.....

SDP

Post by SDP » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:16 am

yummymummy3j wrote:hi guys wondering if this help in putting minds at rest....i have just been on the phone to ho call centre ... d lady i spoke with was nice and patient... and she told me that all flr o will definetely be finishd by end of september and i askd her is that a fact she said she can confirm that ... they aim to finish d flr o back log september ending..... whether or not she said it to send me off the phone as usual i dont know but what i know is anything dat begins must surely come to an end one day ...... end of sept is here.....
They have been saying end of Aug until few months ago , but since last month they changed It to end of Sep....

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:19 am

@majojo i understant how you feel...when means of livelyhood get taken away then it becomes unbearable..... first of all if u hv a pendng application , u have a right to work until a decision has been reached..... secondly i would suggest you get your mp involved ............... I think the person you spoke wit should hv explained better instead of sayin she does not kno why yr applicn is not being looked at for now.....they are tryin to clear backlog from last year cos there are pple waiting for 13 month and more .......dont worry my dear it is well

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:24 am

Good luck guys, sounds promising - I pray they pay appropriate attention and weight to the evidence and documentation provided in your applications too, rather than botch up the job just to meet the backlog deadline
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:27 am

@BELIEVE MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY....COS UNECCESSARY REFUSAL DUE TO MEETING DEADLINE WILL RESULTS IN TO MORE APPEALS , AND THIS WILL SURELY CAUSE ANOTHER BACKLOG.....GOD HELP US

nikitpatel
India

Re: My time line

Post by nikitpatel » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:46 am

Sarah06 wrote:Here is my time line

I got nearly same timeline as yours, applied on 19/7/2012. So might be mine application will be with decision taking team I guess.

majojo

Post by majojo » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:53 am

yummymummy3j wrote:@majojo i understant how you feel...when means of livelyhood get taken away then it becomes unbearable..... first of all if u hv a pendng application , u have a right to work until a decision has been reached..... secondly i would suggest you get your mp involved ............... I think the person you spoke wit should hv explained better instead of sayin she does not kno why yr applicn is not being looked at for now.....they are tryin to clear backlog from last year cos there are pple waiting for 13 month and more .......dont worry my dear it is well
Yummulymummy I get what you mean hit its like this. I was working then all of a sudden my manager says HO called her now she thinks am not allowed to work I explain everything still she don't get it. Now am out of work. This was about 3 weeks ago which I think by now I should have heard something. I do respect and understand those who are waiting for long but I know all cases are different. I was suppose to apy for flrm on 5 year but just becausey partner had a surgery and couldn't work n she couldn't meet the salary thing on her own I had to get a job after finishin my masters so that we can add both salaries to meet that requirement but we couldn't work for more than six months as I had 3 months before my visa expired so I applied for the 10 year partner route on flro. I call HO if they have contacted my employer they say no now am out of work my manager says they called I havnt anything 3 weeks since she told me out of work frustrated