ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

filish11

Re: Letter of Approval Documents query

Post by filish11 » Mon May 27, 2013 8:44 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
filish11 wrote:Also, do I have to registered post the documents/fee or is it freepost?
Nothing is free, you should post it via registered not to lose your documents and fee.
Thank you so much for all your help. I have sent my documents via registered post as well as copy of my letter of approval. I will give an update when i receive the invitation hopefully soon :)

courny

Post by courny » Mon May 27, 2013 9:40 pm

does anyone have any idea how long its takes once the department has completed all the necessary checks, financial and GARDA reports???

Dear Dr. xxxxx,

It looks like all the necessary checks are completed & it will be submitted
to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible.

Regards

Tony Greene
Citizenship Section

could someone care to reflect on this. this is the most annoying thing ever. i have been waiting since november 2011

moro1

Post by moro1 » Mon May 27, 2013 10:15 pm

courny wrote:does anyone have any idea how long its takes once the department has completed all the necessary checks, financial and GARDA reports???

Dear Dr. xxxxx,

Regards

Tony Greene
Citizenship Section

could someone care to reflect on this. this is the most annoying thing ever. i have been waiting since november 2011
The longest and hardest stage is done now that they have all the checks completed, I think u should hear something in the next wave of approvals
I got my reference around the same time so hopefully it's the same case as me

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Mon May 27, 2013 10:50 pm

moro1 wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:
immigrant411 wrote:Hi IntegratedMigrant: for people who applied more than 18 months ago and still waiting this Grada report. Is it realy a good idea to call garda vetting office ?? has anyone tried it before?? Or better ask INIS to send Garad a reminder???? frustrated by waiting for 18 months while others got approval in 6 months
Calling gardai vetting office which I dont think is advisable, any quries you have about your application should be directed to the citizenship division.

If you have had any offenses despite how big or smakll it is, then it is normal for your application to take much longer than others
What about if you never committed an offence nor was convicted or accused of any, During the 10 years I was never in contact with the guards, never questioned never stepped a foot into a Garda station :(
I cant tell since im not a psychic, but something has to be wrong somewhere.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Mon May 27, 2013 11:00 pm

courny wrote:does anyone have any idea how long its takes once the department has completed all the necessary checks, financial and GARDA reports???

Dear Dr. xxxxx,

Regards

Tony Greene
Citizenship Section

You should be happy!. It means that necessary checks, financial and GARDA reports are over!. In order words, your application is at an advanced stage and you will be notified of the ministers decision ASAP!

kamrannn
Newly Registered

Do you know when is next ceremony?

Post by kamrannn » Tue May 28, 2013 3:19 am

Hi
Application : October 2012(Spouse of Irish national)
Contacted INIS;only once, 3 days before approval
Answer of INIS: Your application is in the middle stage and shouldn't be to much longer, hopefully you get it soon
Letter of approval: 27 may 2013
Documents submitted: 27 may 2013
Does anyone know when the next ceremony is? and do you think I will be invited to next ceremony?
I wish you all good luck and hopefully INIS will continue great job
I could'nt be more happy :D :D

divinewill
Newly Registered

Post by divinewill » Tue May 28, 2013 10:24 am

[quote="IntegratedMigrant"][quote="moro1"][quote="IntegratedMigrant"][quote="immigrant411"]Hi IntegratedMigrant: for people who applied more than 18 months ago and still waiting this Grada report. Is it realy a good idea to call garda vetting office ?? has anyone tried it before?? Or better ask INIS to send Garad a reminder???? frustrated by waiting for 18 months while others got approval in 6 months[/quote]
Calling gardai vetting office which I dont think is advisable, any quries you have about your application should be directed to the citizenship division.

If you have had any offenses despite how big or smakll it is, then it is normal for your application to take much longer than others[/quote]

What about if you never committed an offence nor was convicted or accused of any, During the 10 years I was never in contact with the guards, never questioned never stepped a foot into a Garda station :([/quote]
I cant tell since im not a psychic, but something has to be wrong somewhere.[/quote]

nothing wrong anywhere is the system that cause delay, I was in the same shoe as you but my approval came exactly 20months after submission, do not fear your own is coming sooner than you expect, definitely all backlog will be clear this year for sure, dont worry your mind be happy face what you are doing,
do you want to travel ? if NO so keep doing your daily activities but stay away from crime

Soco

Post by Soco » Tue May 28, 2013 12:32 pm

moro1 wrote:
Angel592 wrote:How can you tell which stage your application is at? I applied like 18 months ago and it still seems like it's in the first stage to me! seriously getting frustrated now :(
Hi,I am still waiting too after a year and half! My mum go hers in 8 months
It's either the fact that us who applied around Dec2011 Jan12 are delayed for some reason or the fact that we arrived as minors had an effect( you know the whole hassle of getting stamp2 and then stamp4 and having to send parents documents with our application)Or they want us to keep paying them college fees :D
I called them yesterday and was told they are waiting for Garda report before they submit it to the minister. She told mr they sent it with few hundred of them and they still there

We just have to wait really ..

Hi Moro,

I just called them and she said wating for Garda reprot as well!!!
I applied Jan 2012 hosting agreement stamp 1 and now stamp 4 I have a LTR as well..

SOCO

Sinolate
Newly Registered

Post by Sinolate » Tue May 28, 2013 12:57 pm

Hi,

Just a quick question (if anybody had been in that position);

I got my approval letter in March and sent my GNIB card and travel document as requested. I wasn't invited to the May ceremony and so, I'm awaiting an invitation to the following one (possible July?).

The problem I'm having is that I'm getting married in August and the Civil Registry in Dublin wants my travel document as a form of ID to issue the marriage licence. Though I have a photocopy of it and the letter from INIS regarding my approval, the civil office would like to see the original.

My question is; is it possible to get INIS to return the travel document to me for just the one day so I could take it to the registry office and get my marriage licence?

If not, what do I do? The Registry Office won't accept a driving licence and my birth certificate is not enough; they're adamant they want to see a passport/travel document.

Your advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark
A March 2009 Applicant

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue May 28, 2013 5:14 pm

Sinolate wrote:Hi,

Just a quick question (if anybody had been in that position);

I got my approval letter in March and sent my GNIB card and travel document as requested. I wasn't invited to the May ceremony and so, I'm awaiting an invitation to the following one (possible July?).

The problem I'm having is that I'm getting married in August and the Civil Registry in Dublin wants my travel document as a form of ID to issue the marriage licence. Though I have a photocopy of it and the letter from INIS regarding my approval, the civil office would like to see the original.

My question is; is it possible to get INIS to return the travel document to me for just the one day so I could take it to the registry office and get my marriage licence?

If not, what do I do? The Registry Office won't accept a driving licence and my birth certificate is not enough; they're adamant they want to see a passport/travel document.

Your advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark
A March 2009 Applicant
When you mean travel document, are you an asylum seeker? If yes the what I'll suggest is write INIS regarding this issue. They may issue you with an official letter that is acceptable for you to obtain your marriage licence.

Alternatively, you could postponed your marriage for a later stage. I dont know how possible it is for you to obtain your travel document back after submission to the INIS.

viking

Post by viking » Tue May 28, 2013 9:12 pm

Hi All

Finally my wife has received her Approval letter today, a big sigh of relief!! :)

Thank you all(esp.IntegratedMigrant) so much who helped us with their inputs promptly, indeed.

Also, we wish all the best for those who are in waiting..

Regards,
viking.
Last edited by viking on Tue May 28, 2013 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moro1

Post by moro1 » Tue May 28, 2013 9:21 pm

divinewill wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:
moro1 wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote: Calling gardai vetting office which I dont think is advisable, any quries you have about your application should be directed to the citizenship division.

If you have had any offenses despite how big or smakll it is, then it is normal for your application to take much longer than others
What about if you never committed an offence nor was convicted or accused of any, During the 10 years I was never in contact with the guards, never questioned never stepped a foot into a Garda station :(

I cant tell since im not a psychic, but something has to be wrong somewhere.
nothing wrong anywhere is the system that cause delay, I was in the same shoe as you but my approval came exactly 20months after submission, do not fear your own is coming sooner than you expect, definitely all backlog will be clear this year for sure, dont worry your mind be happy face what you are doing,
do you want to travel ? if NO so keep doing your daily activities but stay away from crime
Thanks for the kind words man, hopefully we hear some good news in the near future and get on with our lives

moro1

Post by moro1 » Tue May 28, 2013 9:32 pm

Soco wrote:
moro1 wrote:
Angel592 wrote:How can you tell which stage your application is at? I applied like 18 months ago and it still seems like it's in the first stage to me! seriously getting frustrated now :(
Hi,I am still waiting too after a year and half! My mum go hers in 8 months
It's either the fact that us who applied around Dec2011 Jan12 are delayed for some reason or the fact that we arrived as minors had an effect( you know the whole hassle of getting stamp2 and then stamp4 and having to send parents documents with our application)Or they want us to keep paying them college fees :D
I called them yesterday and was told they are waiting for Garda report before they submit it to the minister. She told mr they sent it with few hundred of them and they still there

We just have to wait really ..

Hi Moro,

I just called them and she said wating for Garda reprot as well!!!
I applied Jan 2012 hosting agreement stamp 1 and now stamp 4 I have a LTR as well..

SOCO
I can think of four members so far who still Waiting from the same period, I wonder why we have to wait longer..hopefully it will be over soon..

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue May 28, 2013 9:53 pm

viking wrote:Hi All

Finally my wife has received her Approval letter today, a big sigh of relief!! :)

Thank you all(esp.IntegratedMigrant) so much who helped us with their inputs promptly, indeed.

Regards,
viking.
Best of luck with your future endeavours :D

Dochtúir
Newly Registered

Post by Dochtúir » Wed May 29, 2013 3:38 pm

next ceremony is on 4th july,what documents required for first time passport application

Faizuks
Newly Registered

Name change in Indian Passport Surrender Certificate???

Post by Faizuks » Wed May 29, 2013 4:04 pm

Hello Every One!

I am not sure this is the right place to ask this question..

I am attending Naturalisation Ceremony on 9th July 2013 in UK. I want to change my name with Deed Poll when I attend the ceremony.

After that I have to surrender my Indian passport. I am hoping to get name changed in Naturalisation certificate without any problem.

If I submit my Deed Poll with naturalisation certificate, Will i get name changed in Surrender certificate and OCI card?

Do I have to do any thing else for this to be done?

I really appreciate your thoughts on this..
Last edited by Faizuks on Wed May 29, 2013 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Faizuks
Newly Registered

Name change in OCI card

Post by Faizuks » Wed May 29, 2013 4:06 pm

Hello Every One!

I am attending Naturalisation Ceremony on 9th July 2013 in UK. I want to change my name with Deed Poll when I attend the ceremony.

After that I have to surrender my Indian passport. I am hoping to get name changed in Naturalisation certificate without any problem.

If I submit my Deed Poll with naturalisation certificate, Will i get name changed in Surrender certificate and OCI card?

Last edited by Faizuks on Wed May 29, 2013 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Afrocommonwealth

AUTHENTIC?

Post by Afrocommonwealth » Wed May 29, 2013 5:59 pm

Dochtúir wrote:next ceremony is on 4th july,what documents required for first time passport application
Sorry, how did you know this? Is it a fact?
If it is a fact l hope l would be invited to it then because l was not invited to the last one. Just wondering because my application only took 7 weeks to be approved that is why i was not invited to the last ceremony
I hope that is a confirmed date

viking

Post by viking » Wed May 29, 2013 7:34 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
viking wrote:Hi All

Regards,
viking.
Best of luck with your future endeavours :D
Thanks mate!

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: Name change in OCI card

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed May 29, 2013 8:48 pm

Faizuks wrote:Hello Every One!

This is not the right Forum. You may wanna pose that question in UK thread.

Faizuks
Newly Registered

Re: Name change in OCI card

Post by Faizuks » Wed May 29, 2013 9:33 pm

Sorry my friend,, I will do it ASAP..
IntegratedMigrant wrote:
Faizuks wrote:Hello Every One!

This is not the right Forum. You may wanna pose that question in UK thread.
Last edited by Faizuks on Wed May 29, 2013 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eternitate1903

Re: AUTHENTIC?

Post by eternitate1903 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:38 pm

Afrocommonwealth wrote:
Dochtúir wrote:next ceremony is on 4th july,what documents required for first time passport application
If it is a fact l hope l would be invited to it then because l was not invited to the last one. Just wondering because my application only took 7 weeks to be approved that is why i was not invited to the last ceremony
Hey afrocommonwealth,

How come did it take 7 weeks for you? On what basis did you apply? It's really surprising that those background checks are completed so fast

Afrocommonwealth

Post by Afrocommonwealth » Wed May 29, 2013 10:11 pm

eternitate1903 wrote:
Afrocommonwealth wrote:
Hey afrocommonwealth,

How come did it take 7 weeks for you? On what basis did you apply? It's really surprising that those background checks are completed so fast
I couldn't believe it as until l received my approval. I applied on the basis of marriage to an Irish citizen and l live in Northern Ireland. My background checks were done within two weeks through PSNI by myself and l posted it to INIS as requested by them. Applied on the 04/02/2013 and approved on the 25/03/2013. Submitted certificate fee 4 days after

Dochtúir
Newly Registered

Post by Dochtúir » Wed May 29, 2013 10:12 pm

Afrocommonwealth wrote:
this email i received today

Dear Dr,

The next ceremony is to be held on 4 July. You are to be invited and you
should in due course receive an invitation to that ceremony.

Kind regards

Afrocommonwealth

Post by Afrocommonwealth » Wed May 29, 2013 10:15 pm

Dochtúir wrote:
Afrocommonwealth wrote:
this email i received today

Dear Dr,

The next ceremony is to be held on 4 July. You are to be invited and you
should in due course receive an invitation to that ceremony.

Kind regards

Thats great. Thanks for sharing the great news Dr.
Regards