ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Upcoming Ceremony in 2023/4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ep00
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Upcoming Ceremony in 2023

Post by ep00 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:44 pm

She got her invitation this morning for 11am ceremony. Spousal application sent Nov 2021.

Fred13
Ireland

Post by Fred13 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:02 pm

Anyone has ever received the approval letter (i.e., the letter asking you to pay 950e) by email?

My eVetting results have been sent to Naturalization by Garda and it was disclosed by Naturallization in the middle of July and since then I have not heard from them.

In a different email they told me all applicants who applied in 2022 and before will have their ceremony in the 2023. I applied in the beginning of 2022 (Feb 2022) and I just want to know if it is going to happen in December or not as I need to book flight... It is honestly very frustrating and stressful and all we want to just a date of the Ceremony nothing more ... is this too much to ask?

Fred13
Ireland

Post by Fred13 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:04 pm

What if my letter was sent and didn't recieve it for some reasons (lost in the post etc)?

There used to be an online system you could track your progress in the process of naturalization but I am not sure if that system exists?

RCCar
Belarus

Post by RCCar » Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:09 pm

no, no system

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:47 pm

Fred13 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:02 pm
Anyone has ever received the approval letter (i.e., the letter asking you to pay 950e) by email?
Never heard of it.
Fred13 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:02 pm
In a different email they told me all applicants who applied in 2022 and before will have their ceremony in the 2023.
The caveat is that they did not say it like that. They said, and I quote:
I would like to confirm that our expectation is that applicants from, and before, 2022 will be amongst those invited to citizenship ceremonies over the course of 2023.
So it may or may not happen. They didn't explicitly say it will, only that they expect that will happen.
Fred13 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:04 pm
What if my letter was sent and didn't recieve it for some reasons (lost in the post etc)?
While the chances of that are very low (but never zero), you could ask your MP to check your status for you.
But I'll be honest, I think ISD is just taking their time. Someone I know applied before you and didn't get approval letter yet, there are people on the boards who are waiting since mid 2021. Just let your mind forget about it, which is hard, I know.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Yllas
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Yllas » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:18 pm

Posting in this forum is intense. There's no need for harsh words. We respect the rules there just needs more guidance around posting. Admin please understand that everyone is anxious here.

Just want to share that not all 2023 applicants whose applications are completed were invited to the ceremony. I applied in mid January 2023 and the fees were processed in May. I wasn't invited to the June ceremony and I haven't heard anything for the October ceremony. Emailed them a few times but only got standard responses. I never received the customer update emails as well. Wondering if anyone is the same.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:42 pm

I wouldn't consider it harsh - unfortunately, nobody reads the text unless it's in big bold letters, that's all.

I know someone from January..2022 who is still not approved (and it's bizzare), so ISD might prioritize previous years now, hence no invite.
Also search the email(s) you used for application - you might as well missed the invitation. I've heard stories like that.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

juanpurple
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by juanpurple » Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:41 am

Does anybody know if it's allowed to go with a newborn (1 month old)? The invitation says to not bring children. My wife is my adult guest, so we don't have any other option to bring our newborn. Anyone has heard if that's allowed?

Applic83
Ireland

Post by Applic83 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:14 pm

Yllas wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:18 pm
Posting in this forum is intense. There's no need for harsh words. We respect the rules there just needs more guidance around posting. Admin please understand that everyone is anxious here.

Just want to share that not all 2023 applicants whose applications are completed were invited to the ceremony. I applied in mid January 2023 and the fees were processed in May. I wasn't invited to the June ceremony and I haven't heard anything for the October ceremony. Emailed them a few times but only got standard responses. I never received the customer update emails as well. Wondering if anyone is the same.
Hi,
You didn’t receive customer messages because those are addressed to 2021 and 2022 applicants

Your application was one of the fastest I’ve ever heard of. Congratulations for being approved. If I were you, I wouldn’t expect to be prioritised in ceremony invitations. Please understand that there are still loads of people who applied year(s) before you and would need to be prioritised. If I were you, I’d be really delighted my application was processed and approved in just 4 months and I wouldn’t worry that much about being invited in the immediately next ceremony. I hope my answer helps.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:20 pm

juanpurple wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:41 am
Does anybody know if it's allowed to go with a newborn (1 month old)? The invitation says to not bring children. My wife is my adult guest, so we don't have any other option to bring our newborn. Anyone has heard if that's allowed?
It was mentioned on the last ceremony that there were people with kids; on the other hand, they might've realized that their instructions are ignored and have a more harsh stance on this. No definite answer can be given at this stage but I wouldn't risk it.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:22 pm

Applic83 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:14 pm
Yllas wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:18 pm

Hi,
You didn’t receive customer messages because those are addressed to 2021 and 2022 applicants

Your application was one of the fastest I’ve ever heard of. Congratulations for being approved. If I were you, I wouldn’t expect to be prioritised in ceremony invitations. Please understand that there are still loads of people who applied year(s) before you and would need to be prioritised. If I were you, I’d be really delighted my application was processed and approved in just 4 months and I wouldn’t worry that much about being invited in the immediately next ceremony. I hope my answer helps.
I concur; as someone waiting from 2021 till my approval in summer 2023, while I'm happy ISD is now going fast with new applications, I'd be more hopeful past years' applications are prioritized now. You can just wait for a ceremony with an easy mind, since your application is approved already.

Applic83
Ireland

Post by Applic83 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:39 pm

juanpurple wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:41 am
It’s not allowed as indicated in the invitation. Btw, you don’t have to bring a guest. The guest is optional, you can just go by yourself

Yllas
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Yllas » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:08 pm

meself2 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:42 pm
I wouldn't consider it harsh - unfortunately, nobody reads the text unless it's in big bold letters, that's all.

I know someone from January..2022 who is still not approved (and it's bizzare), so ISD might prioritize previous years now, hence no invite.
Also search the email(s) you used for application - you might as well missed the invitation. I've heard stories like that.
Thanks admin. I know how long you have waited. I'm really glad when I heard you got invited. Have been checking emails daily/hourly at times and the junk mails with no luck.

For those who think my application is fast, my question is that my fees were processed in May, but in June they skipped me for the ceremony and asked me to check the website for future ceremonies. I waited for three months without bothering them. Yet this time they said the the exact same thing to my again - to refer to the website for the future ceremonies.

In the fb group I could see that many individuals who applied and had the fees processed after me all got invited. Sorry for sounding frustrated. The uncertainty is not good for anyone's mental health. And I understand that there are people who waited much longer. I am only comparing to others with a similar timeline. The anxiety is real. Hope everyone gets invited soon.

ILLL
Ireland

Post by ILLL » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:25 pm

Yllas wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:08 pm
meself2 wrote:

Thanks admin. I know how long you have waited. I'm really glad when I heard you got invited. Have been checking emails daily/hourly at times and the junk mails with no luck.

For those who think my application is fast, my question is that my fees were processed in May, but in June they skipped me for the ceremony and asked me to check the website for future ceremonies. I waited for three months without bothering them. Yet this time they said the the exact same thing to my again - to refer to the website for the future ceremonies.

In the fb group I could see that many individuals who applied and had the fees processed after me all got invited. Sorry for sounding frustrated. The uncertainty is not good for anyone's mental health. And I understand that there are people who waited much longer. I am only comparing to others with a similar timeline. The anxiety is real. Hope everyone gets invited soon.
In response to the minister's remarks, you are among the fortunate individuals selected to partake in the trial of the new process, thereby gaining approval. However, it's important to remember that thousands of applicants from 2021 and 2022 are still awaiting approval and the opportunity to attend the ceremony. Given that each ceremony can only accommodate 2,000 to 3,000 applicants, at least five more ceremonies will be needed to clear the existing backlog. You are already lucky, and those 2023 applicants who are invited to the ceremony are just luckier, but places should really be prioritized for 2021 and 2022 applicants.

Fred13
Ireland

Post by Fred13 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:39 pm

ILLL wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:25 pm
Yllas wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:08 pm
meself2 wrote:

In response to the minister's remarks, you are among the fortunate individuals selected to partake in the trial of the new process, thereby gaining approval. However, it's important to remember that thousands of applicants from 2021 and 2022 are still awaiting approval and the opportunity to attend the ceremony. Given that each ceremony can only accommodate 2,000 to 3,000 applicants, at least five more ceremonies will be needed to clear the existing backlog. You are already lucky, and those 2023 applicants who are invited to the ceremony are just luckier, but places should really be prioritized for 2021 and 2022 applicants.
I totally agree with Yllas. The level of stress and anxiety is a lot especially towards end of the year. I also wish all people get invited soon.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:45 pm

Quick question to whoever got their cert - were there any writings on an envelope in the sense of "don't bend"?
Got a bulky package in the post recently and it was horrendously twisted - hopefully certificate won't be that big.

griffith2
Ireland

Post by griffith2 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:48 am

meself2 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:45 pm
Quick question to whoever got their cert - were there any writings on an envelope in the sense of "don't bend"?
Got a bulky package in the post recently and it was horrendously twisted - hopefully certificate won't be that big.
No nothing as you said.

It was a brown envelope and Certificate itself is size A4.
Naturalisation certificate comes in a registered post and Irish passport in an ordinary.

AlmostIrish_111
Ireland

Post by AlmostIrish_111 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:13 am

For all of the invitees to this ceremony:

Congratulations. You all will finally, in 48h from now, be Irish citizens. You all deserve it, no matter how long or hard your journey has been.

Ps. If anyone of you is willing to, could you at the ceremony ask if there are plans for more ceremonies in 2023, and dates?

Thanks, and congrats again.

BaboiDamo
Greece

Post by BaboiDamo » Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:46 am

meself2 wrote:
Unfortunately not, as said above, it was an A4 brown envelope, ours wasn't bent though.
We were not at home for a few weeks and I asked a friend to collect it from the Anpost deposit.

Passport and passport cards came in a white envelope mentioning "express post" in red.

Fred13
Ireland

Post by Fred13 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:02 am

AlmostIrish_111 wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:13 am

Congratulations. You all will finally, in 48h from now, be Irish citizens. You all deserve it, no matter how long or hard your journey has been.

Ps. If anyone of you is willing to, could you at the ceremony ask if there are plans for more ceremonies in 2023, and dates?

I echo this. Congratulations to all of you tomorrow and enjoy your day.
I also have a question, in case there is another Ceremony in December (which is very likely) a person like me who has not received the letter of payment yet has chance to reach to that ceremony? I have finished all the evetiing steps in the middle of July and I applied early 2022 and I am only waiting to be asked to pay 950e..

So far, there has been a ceremony in December every year except Covid time...

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:10 am

Fred13 wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:02 am
AlmostIrish_111 wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:13 am

I echo this. Congratulations to all of you tomorrow and enjoy your day.
I also have a question, in case there is another Ceremony in December (which is very likely) a person like me who has not received the letter of payment yet has chance to reach to that ceremony? I have finished all the evetiing steps in the middle of July and I applied early 2022 and I am only waiting to be asked to pay 950e..

So far, there has been a ceremony in December every year except Covid time...
There's always a chance, but we can't give false hope, unfortunately - hope for the best but be ready for nothing. I skipped last ceremony because of my own mistake, so understand the frustration.

Re the ceremonies, I don't think they know themselves; I will already be asking to take a picture of signed declaration (most likely) for safety sake, don't want to bother them again.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:11 am

BaboiDamo wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:46 am
meself2 wrote:
Unfortunately not, as said above, it was an A4 brown envelope, ours wasn't bent though.
We were not at home for a few weeks and I asked a friend to collect it from the Anpost deposit.

Passport and passport cards came in a white envelope mentioning "express post" in red.
Thanks! That makes me worried but hopefully government logo will make my postman more careful - last A4 paper was very much crumpled.

Richkeeley
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Richkeeley » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:35 am

Hi I was invited to the ceremony today in Dublin at 3pm but I didn't reply to the RSVP. Could I still go to the ceremony?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:37 am

Richkeeley wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:35 am
Hi I was invited to the ceremony today in Dublin at 3pm but I didn't reply to the RSVP. Could I still go to the ceremony?
Most likely no - they use data from RSVP and reallocate spots if you didn't reply.

Did you get a reminder on Friday about the ceremony? I did (as I RSVP'd yes); probably if you didn't, no chance.

Richkeeley
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Dublin Ceremony

Post by Richkeeley » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:38 am

Hi I was invited to the Citizenship Ceremony in Dublin today at 3pm. I didn't reply the RSPB to say I am attending. Will I still be able to get into the ceremony?
If not will I be invited to another ceremony?