ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (PSW) processing times

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

D_Torque
Mood:
India

Re: What is the number to call for PSW inquiries.

Post by D_Torque » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:33 pm

D_Torque wrote:Can anyone please let me know the phone number for PSW inquiries. Is it the 0845 number on their website.

Date of Application : 18th January, 2012
Acknowledgement: Roughly a week after...
Biometric Invi.. : Losing HOPE..... (7-03-12)
Got my brp invitation today and booked an appointment for this monday...
Lets See...

One question guys..
Is probation and temp... not permanent as according to rules we cannot work as permanent... ??? Please reply to this..
Thanks

Life rocks if you let it to....

Renie
Newly Registered

Post by Renie » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:24 pm

D_Torque wrote:
D_Torque wrote:Can anyone please let me know the phone number for PSW inquiries. Is it the 0845 number on their website.

Lets See...

One question guys..
Is probation and temp... not permanent as according to rules we cannot work as permanent... ??? Please reply to this..
Thanks

Temporary means just that - it is temporary, short term, a fixed period for a month or even a few weeks. It means that you might be assisting the company with a specific project or standing in whilst that person is in leave.

I've never come across a temp job with a probationary period, but I might be wrong. Probation is connected in my mind with a permanent position. So you would start working and after 3 months they review your performance to see that you are pulling your weight. Once the probationary period is over you are either sacked or if you pull your weight go on to stay in the permanent job for as long as you don't resign, get fired, retire or get retrenched.

In short I doubt that UKBA will see a probationary period as temporary work.

Renie
Newly Registered

Forgot to add

Post by Renie » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:04 pm

I forgot to add look at the rules it says you can work on a temporary basis not a permanent basis.

Think you are confusing Part-time and full-time with Temporary. Part/ full-time is how long you can work with in a week i.e. while you studded only 20 hours a week on a temporary basis. Temp being the length of the over all contract with the employer, where as permanent has no set end date.

Does that make sense?

I think your question is going way off topic, so if you want to know more I would suggest starting a whole new topic.

Gurus & administrators I'm in your hand on this.

mmj_4789
Newly Registered

Post by mmj_4789 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:10 pm

Application sent: 16/01/12
Application Received by HO: 17/01/12
Fee Paid through: Dont know (Empolyer paid on my behalf)
Acknowledgement letter Received: 23/01/12
Biometric letter received: 20/02/12
Biometric given @ Post Office: 22/02/12
BRP, Passport & Documents received: 07/03/12

Total no. of days: 51

pipemoronv
Newly Registered

Times are going OK

Post by pipemoronv » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:52 pm

Your BRP letter waiting time was 35 days... it seems that is the AVG. Today is my 37th!! I should get it this week :twisted: :twisted:
mmj_4789 wrote:Application sent: 16/01/12
Application Received by HO: 17/01/12
Fee Paid through: Dont know (Empolyer paid on my behalf)
Acknowledgement letter Received: 23/01/12
Biometric letter received: 20/02/12
Biometric given @ Post Office: 22/02/12
BRP, Passport & Documents received: 07/03/12

Total no. of days: 51

a87m
- thin ice -

Post by a87m » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:42 pm

YasserBUkhari wrote:Application sent (Royal Mail Special Delivery) : 16-01-2012

Application received by Home Office: 17-01-2012

Fee Charged from account: 18-01-2012

Acknowledgement Letter received: 23-01-2012 (Dated 18-01-2012)

Biometric Letter received: 18-02-2012 (Dated 16-02-2012)

Biometric Enrolment @ Middleton Post Office: 20-02-2012

Approval Letter Dated: 05-03-2012

Passport & Documents Received (Prepaid Special Delivery Envelope): 07-03-2012

BRP Received: 07-03-2012
Congratulations!! Can you please tell us that did you made contact with DX currier before getting BRP and Docements to arrange the date and time???

desparateb
Newly Registered

Post by desparateb » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:59 am

DID U ENCLOSE ANY NEXT DAY DELIVERY ENVELOPE AND PLEASE WHAT PART OF LONDON DO YOU LIVE

Renie
Newly Registered

At Last

Post by Renie » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:05 am

Hi Guys,

I got my BRP today.. valid from the 6th of March. (reminder I did bio on 20th Feb) Note it took only 2 days after date of issue to be delivered. I didn't ask for special delivery or even phone DX to arrange a delivery date. I never received a decision letter. Oh for those calculating, I'm in the Surrey area. Still waiting for passport and docs to come back, but I'm sure it will not take to long now. To be honest, I'm really shocked that I got it, as I didn't follow the guidance to the T, shall I say.

Thank you all for sharing your stories and frustrations, it helped me a lot. To those still waiting, my hart goes out to you.

:D

YasserBUkhari
Newly Registered

Post by YasserBUkhari » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:08 pm

a87m wrote:
YasserBUkhari wrote:Application sent (Royal Mail Special Delivery) : 16-01-2012

Application received by Home Office: 17-01-2012

Fee Charged from account: 18-01-2012

Acknowledgement Letter received: 23-01-2012 (Dated 18-01-2012)

Biometric Letter received: 18-02-2012 (Dated 16-02-2012)

Biometric Enrolment @ Middleton Post Office: 20-02-2012

Approval Letter Dated: 05-03-2012

Passport & Documents Received (Prepaid Special Delivery Envelope): 07-03-2012

BRP Received: 07-03-2012
Congratulations!! Can you please tell us that did you made contact with DX currier before getting BRP and Docements to arrange the date and time???
Thanks a lot!! Actually, on 6th March around 11PM,,,I checked my Prepaid Special Delivery tracking no On Royal Mail (Track & Trace) website and the status was "We have received ur item & it will be delivered to u on 7/03/2012". So, I got an idea that the decision has already been made on my application. On 7th March when I was waiting for my passport & Document, someone knocked at the door around 10:30 AM & I thought it was from Royal Mail. But when I met with that guy, he told that he was from DX and asked my identity. Luckily, I got my BRP before my Passport & around 12:30PM & got my Prepaid Special Delivery Envelope.

abhinavsunny
Newly Registered

Received my PSW today.

Post by abhinavsunny » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:28 pm

Hi all, I received my BRP and passport today. A rough idea

-Application Date 07 Jan
-Acknowledgement 09 Jan
-Biometric Appointment 20 Feb
-Received BRP and Passport today (8 March - MY BIRTHDAY) :D

The best gift I could get, hahaha xD

Good luck all.

mr wiskers
Newly Registered

Post by mr wiskers » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:50 pm

My application was approved on 29 Feb, got the visa on 1 Mar, but it is 8 Mar, and the passport is not here, is that normal?

equaliser 2000
Newly Registered

Post by equaliser 2000 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:58 pm

mr wiskers wrote:My application was approved on 29 Feb, got the visa on 1 Mar, but it is 8 Mar, and the passport is not here, is that normal?
I am also in the same position, Visa approved on the 29th of Feb, got my document on the 3rd of march. I am yet to receive my BRP card. today is the 8th of march. is anyonne also waiting for the BRP card.

equaliser 2000
Newly Registered

Re: Received my PSW today.

Post by equaliser 2000 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:59 pm

abhinavsunny wrote:Hi all, I received my BRP and passport today. A rough idea

-Application Date 07 Jan
-Acknowledgement 09 Jan
-Biometric Appointment 20 Feb
-Received BRP and Passport today (8 March - MY BIRTHDAY) :D

The best gift I could get, hahaha xD

Good luck all.
congratulations. happy brithday

equaliser 2000
Newly Registered

Re: :(

Post by equaliser 2000 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:45 pm

htcsensation wrote:Hi,
my case is also very much similar to urs..
application filed:28thDec
acc. letter dated:7th jan
biometric letter:2feb
biometrics given : 4th feb
BRP card: no news..still waiting
Passport and docs: no news..still waiting

any take on my situation guys?..its now been more than a month since i have given biometrics!!
any comments?
please let me know if you hear anything..

thanks

do you have your brp card and document now?

atp102
Newly Registered

Post by atp102 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:53 pm

Application sent : 12 - Dec - 2011

Acknowledgement Letter received: 15-Dec-2011
Biometric Letter received: 2nd letter receive 8 - Feb - 2012 (only saw my 1st letter which was date 20 - Dec - 2011 2wks ago coz it had been hidden away by my ex- mental landlord)
Biometric Enrollment: 15 - Feb - 2012
Approval Letter Dated: Haven't received
Passport & Documents Received: not yet
BRP Received: 5 - Mar - 2012 (issue date 28 - feb - 2012)

As I moved out last weekend and it was a quick decision so I only have less than 72hrs since I required address change @ UKBA website to the day I moved out. I also tried to redirected with post office but again, as I dont have enough time (they suggest should do it at least one week before move out). I'm worried that my document has been sent out to the old address and that mental landlord has taken it away.

Does anyone have any idea what should I do about it now?

**** for those who still wait for their decision****

I know it's the same old advise but pls be PATIENT, if you sure your documents meet their inquiries then you will get it sooner or later.

Good luck to all of you.

nirmal7
Newly Registered

Post by nirmal7 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:12 pm

atp102 wrote:Application sent : 12 - Dec - 2011

Acknowledgement Letter received: 15-Dec-2011
Biometric Letter received: 2nd letter receive 8 - Feb - 2012 (only saw my 1st letter which was date 20 - Dec - 2011 2wks ago coz it had been hidden away by my ex- mental landlord)
Biometric Enrollment: 15 - Feb - 2012
Approval Letter Dated: Haven't received
Passport & Documents Received: not yet
BRP Received: 5 - Mar - 2012 (issue date 28 - feb - 2012)

As I moved out last weekend and it was a quick decision so I only have less than 72hrs since I required address change @ UKBA website to the day I moved out. I also tried to redirected with post office but again, as I dont have enough time (they suggest should do it at least one week before move out). I'm worried that my document has been sent out to the old address and that mental landlord has taken it away.

Does anyone have any idea what should I do about it now?

**** for those who still wait for their decision****

I know it's the same old advise but pls be PATIENT, if you sure your documents meet their inquiries then you will get it sooner or later.

Good luck to all of you.
I think the change of address which u have given to UKBA shld hold good for the documents as well. If not it will go back to the UKBA and they will check with you.

mr wiskers
Newly Registered

Post by mr wiskers » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:49 pm

[quote="equaliser 2000"]I am also in the same position, Visa approved on the 29th of Feb, got my document on the 3rd of march. I am yet to receive my BRP card. today is the 8th of march. is anyonne also waiting for the BRP card.[/quote]

Your situation is probably be more usual: passport first, BRP card later. It is the other way around with me.

I called them to inquire when they sent the passport, and was told that one should wait at least four weeks before they can tell. Their department seems to be just a bunch of retards.

D_Torque
Mood:
India

Post by D_Torque » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:27 pm

Renie wrote:
D_Torque wrote:

Lets See...

One question guys..
Thanks

Temporary means just that - it is temporary, short term, a fixed period for a month or even a few weeks. It means that you might be assisting the company with a specific project or standing in whilst that person is in leave.

I've never come across a temp job with a probationary period, but I might be wrong. Probation is connected in my mind with a permanent position. So you would start working and after 3 months they review your performance to see that you are pulling your weight. Once the probationary period is over you are either sacked or if you pull your weight go on to stay in the permanent job for as long as you don't resign, get fired, retire or get retrenched.

In short I doubt that UKBA will see a probationary period as temporary work.

According to PSW rules: A person cannot work as a permanent employee after 4 months of his finishing his studies( ie. I finished in Sept,11 so my 4 months ends by Jan,2012) if applicant has not applied for a renewal of Visa.
It never clearly mentions about probation work which is confusing me... lol
Okay... I got a job and I am on probation for next 6 months and I was on probation in my last job I joined from October.
It would have been better if they would have mentioned :
"Hey visa applicant, we won't let you work when you have applied for your visa so better save 800 quids and dare if you spend it ".
Okay.. I am a bit confused and I even tried to call them. But seriously I beg them to make the system a bit more transparent.

vrashta
Newly Registered

biomtrix

Post by vrashta » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:45 pm

hi all
i got my biomtrix letter today....i got two options to enroll for it at post office and bio enrollment centers..... i have dependent with me can i choose post office option or not ?
bcoz my friends saying if there is dependent u cant....m confused can plz anyone help me out.....i'll be thankful

armleys
Newly Registered

Biometric Booking

Post by armleys » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:28 pm

It should say on your Biometric letter, as for as i remember,
- Post Office option is only available for Sole applicant.
- as you have dependent, you have to book at Home Office.

please have a look on your letter and if need to be call HO to confirm.

BTW what documents dependent needs to submit if he/she applying at the same time with main applicant? particularly any english certificate etc.

Thanks

vrashta
Newly Registered

Re: Biometric Booking

Post by vrashta » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:56 pm

thanks for ur help
i got letter having 6 pages for me and 6 for my dependent. for both of us two options are given either post office or home office....letter also contains two forms which we need to bring with us if we choose post office option

[/url][/list][/list][/code]

banalavamsi
Newly Registered

Post by banalavamsi » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:06 pm

You Don't need to wait for your BPR just call to DX courier to arrange for delivery as i mentioned in my last posting just call to below number and say your name and post code so that they can arrange your delivery :lol:

DX delivery : 01604 496798

mr wiskers wrote:
equaliser 2000 wrote:I am also in the same position, Visa approved on the 29th of Feb, got my document on the 3rd of march. I am yet to receive my BRP card. today is the 8th of march. is anyonne also waiting for the BRP card.
Your situation is probably be more usual: passport first, BRP card later. It is the other way around with me.

I called them to inquire when they sent the passport, and was told that one should wait at least four weeks before they can tell. Their department seems to be just a bunch of retards.

htcsensation
Newly Registered

Post by htcsensation » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:04 pm

equaliser 2000 wrote:

any take on my situation guys?..its now been more than a month since i have given biometrics!!
any comments?

thanks

Still nothing :( i am getting very worried.. a lot is at stake for me!! :(
Equaliser.. what is your status?? hpw far have you reached or u hv already got ur visa??

banalavamsi
Newly Registered

Post by banalavamsi » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:27 pm

It's The Worst Situation i had last year when i applied for my student extension on 28th July and given bio on 9th Aug and got a refusal letter on 16th Oct so i have again re-applied on 21st Oct again Bio for 11th Nov and finally got visa on 16th Dec this is for my student extension i don't know why UKBA takes long time to send refusals as well i waited Nearly 140 Days :evil: it's just like in hell :evil:

i have a small doubt if UKBA refuse our application and send letter after last date of PSW deadline do we have a chance to re-apply or to appeal for it ???????
htcsensation wrote:
equaliser 2000 wrote:

any comments?

thanks

Equaliser.. what is your status?? hpw far have you reached or u hv already got ur visa??

htcsensation
Newly Registered

Post by htcsensation » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:42 am

banalavamsi wrote:It's The Worst Situation i had last year when i applied for my student extension on 28th July and given bio on 9th Aug and got a refusal letter on 16th Oct so i have again re-applied on 21st Oct again Bio for 11th Nov and finally got visa on 16th Dec this is for my student extension i don't know why UKBA takes long time to send refusals as well i waited Nearly 140 Days :evil: it's just like in hell :evil:

i have a small doubt if UKBA refuse our application and send letter after last date of PSW deadline do we have a chance to re-apply or to appeal for it ???????
htcsensation wrote:
equaliser 2000 wrote:

any comments?

thanks

Exactly. the same thinmg..even i am not sure and would like to know if any one has any idea about the process after the PSW deadline (6th April. 2012)is over