ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) Application time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zeeky
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(FP) Application time

Post by Zeeky » Fri Aug 09, 2024 3:08 am

lostinthesystem wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2024 3:06 am
Zeeky wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2024 2:36 am
lostinthesystem wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2024 2:26 am
Zeeky wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2024 2:23 am
lostinthesystem wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2024 10:55 pm
Applied fee waiver 23 March 2024
Uk riots begin 30/7/2024
Recieved fee waiver approval and sent FLR (FP) 6/08/2024

Will update on outcome.

I hope because of the riots my application won't take forever, we are truly living in dark times, keep safe everyone and good luck with your applications.
Is this your first renewal?
hi Zeeky, no its 4th renewal, im on a 10 year route, this is my last 2.5 years then can apply ILR
O Wow, you're at the end. Am also on 10yr route, submitted my first renewal, after having applied Fee waiver on 4 Dec 23 approved 01/07/24 then submitted full application 12/07/24, Biometrics done in Croydon 07/08/24
thats good news to hear, im doing my bio on the 23rd in liverpool, i hope for both of us we dont have to wait long after bio to get decision, i hope other applications follow suit, coz the waiting game is really bad, i understand if it was years ago when it was all paperwork and it delays, but now everything is digital and with one touch of the button they can see all your information , so begs the question why does it takes many months, even for some many years, its like once they recieved any application they just let it sit there until they bothered to look at it again,which is what causes a the huge backlog, its depressing coz all of us just want to get on with our lives
For sure indeed... All is digital indeed. And after the initial offer there's no need to wait long. The reasons you were offered for in the first place do not change...

Mary1986
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Mary1986 » Sat Aug 10, 2024 4:13 pm

Hello

I have a question which I can’t seem to find the answer to on the gov.uk website.

If a parent with leave to remain (flr fp) gave birth in the UK, what status will the baby get. Is it an application for leave to remain for the baby?

Also their other parent can apply for leave to remain?
Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Aug 10, 2024 6:36 pm

Mary1986 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2024 4:13 pm
Hello

I have a question which I can’t seem to find the answer to on the gov.uk website.

If a parent with leave to remain (flr fp) gave birth in the UK, what status will the baby get. Is it an application for leave to remain for the baby?

Thanks
This is a timeline thread, endeavour to ask your questions under your topic.

lostinthesystem
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lostinthesystem » Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:21 pm

Zeeky wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2024 3:08 am
lostinthesystem wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2024 3:06 am
Zeeky wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2024 2:36 am
lostinthesystem wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2024 2:26 am
Zeeky wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2024 2:23 am
lostinthesystem wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2024 10:55 pm
Applied fee waiver 23 March 2024
Uk riots begin 30/7/2024
Recieved fee waiver approval and sent FLR (FP) 6/08/2024

Will update on outcome.

I hope because of the riots my application won't take forever, we are truly living in dark times, keep safe everyone and good luck with your applications.
Is this your first renewal?
hi Zeeky, no its 4th renewal, im on a 10 year route, this is my last 2.5 years then can apply ILR
O Wow, you're at the end. Am also on 10yr route, submitted my first renewal, after having applied Fee waiver on 4 Dec 23 approved 01/07/24 then submitted full application 12/07/24, Biometrics done in Croydon 07/08/24
thats good news to hear, im doing my bio on the 23rd in liverpool, i hope for both of us we dont have to wait long after bio to get decision, i hope other applications follow suit, coz the waiting game is really bad, i understand if it was years ago when it was all paperwork and it delays, but now everything is digital and with one touch of the button they can see all your information , so begs the question why does it takes many months, even for some many years, its like once they recieved any application they just let it sit there until they bothered to look at it again,which is what causes a the huge backlog, its depressing coz all of us just want to get on with our lives
For sure indeed... All is digital indeed. And after the initial offer there's no need to wait long. The reasons you were offered for in the first place do not change...
definitely Agree, if nothing has changed from first offer , next time should be just a simple renewal process but its like every renewal is treated as a new application lol, i heard on the news recently that one of the home office boss is being forced to resign, i guess its because the home office is in such a mess because they found out his been getting big pay checks and bonuses, for what excatly??, on the expenses of peoples livelihood stuck in limbo. I have worked in one segment of the checking system , not for the home office directly but another company that uses the same sytem and it takes around 2-3 months to check your background, so with that in mind the people who submitted there application 1-2 years ago why they still waiting for a decision. but i hope all goes well for you and next time we get the visa lets put it to good use, find employment , study well, open a business and live a good future :)

lostinthesystem
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lostinthesystem » Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:40 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2024 6:36 pm
Mary1986 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2024 4:13 pm
Hello

Thanks
This is a timeline thread, endeavour to ask your questions under your topic.
Hi Amazonianx, wrong thread but to answer your question is no the baby doesnt get automatic leave, but when you have a baby you have to inform the home office change of cirucmstances such as having a baby, so if you have 2 years visa and during those 2 years you had a baby, let the home office know, and visa comes to an end, you still have to renewal your next visa application and again including having a baby, i believe current guidlines is the baby have to wait until he/she is 5 years old to apply for a visa, the types of visa i wouldnt know ,and just to add every case is treated sepearetly so the other parent will have to apply also just like everyone else either a joint application or separately but the rules and laws are regularly being updated so its best seek legal advice from immigration solicitors about this and check out other threads.

Charanjit
Newly Registered
India

Post by Charanjit » Tue Aug 13, 2024 12:48 am

Hi All
My dependent visa expire on 24/05/2024
Fee waiver apply 15/04/2024
Fee waiver Reject 01/07/2024
give 10 days for apply with fee
FLR(FP) apply under private life on 08/07/2024
Biometric done 08/08/2024

I am on a student dependent visa. UK entry on 25 Jan2023... Reason of my baby born here my wife can't continue her study ..so main matter is this after the rejection of our fee waiver .. I only apply for FLR Under Private life term ... My wife is again applied for fee waiver ... Because I have no sufficient money for My wife and my child application ... So I decided only I apply for FLR ....

I use term under private life.... not using family life ...because my child and my wife is not applying with me. And upload tanency agreement , 6 months salary slips and account statement me and my wife ... Letter from employers ....C1 Naric English certificate ...evidence of why I not want to go back to my country reason of employment or political issue or caste issue ...

Any body suggest me anything for future ... I don't know I do right or wrong....

Thank you

Zeek
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Zeek » Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:40 am

Charanjit wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2024 12:48 am
Hi All

I am on a student dependent visa. UK entry on 25 Jan2023... Reason of my baby born here my wife can't continue her study ..so main matter is this after the rejection of our fee waiver .. I only apply for FLR Under Private life term ... My wife is again applied for fee waiver ... Because I have no sufficient money for My wife and my child application ... So I decided only I apply for FLR ....

I use term under private life.... not using family life ...because my child and my wife is not applying with me. And upload tanency agreement , 6 months salary slips and account statement me and my wife ... Letter from employers ....C1 Naric English certificate ...evidence of why I not want to go back to my country reason of employment or political issue or caste issue ...

Any body suggest me anything for future ... I don't know I do right or wrong....

Thank you
@Charanjit
I think you need to seek legal services, so get yourself a lawyer and explain your issue because you’re applying in a different category. Usually it’s not allowed to change from student visa (dependent) to a different category so please seek legal services concerning your issue. And start that now before you receive a decision from Home Office which may likely not be favourable. The reasons you’ve given could fall into applying for an asylum. Me thinks. But please seek legal services outside this forum or check for other category as this one is just waiting times.
Regards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:48 am

Zeek wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:40 am
Charanjit wrote:
Hi All

Thank you
@Charanjit
I think you need to seek legal services, so get yourself a lawyer and explain your issue because you’re applying in a different category. Usually it’s not allowed to change from student visa (dependent) to a different category so please seek legal services concerning your issue. And start that now before you receive a decision from Home Office which may likely not be favourable. The reasons you’ve given could fall into applying for an asylum. Me thinks. But please seek legal services outside this forum or check for other category as this one is just waiting times.
Regards.
@zeek, u sure how you have concluded that this could fall into Asylum category!! It does not. The OP also has absolutely no claim to private life either after being in the uk for only 18 months and doeant have a british spousr or child. Wanting or preferring to stay rather than returning home is not UKVIs problem and doesn't give anyone a claim to private life when neither the spouse or child is settled or British!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zeek
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Zeek » Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:52 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:48 am
Zeek wrote:
Charanjit wrote:
Hi All

Thank you
@Charanjit
Regards.
@zeek, u sure how you have concluded that this could fall into Asylum category!! It does not. The OP also has absolutely no claim to private life either after being in the uk for only 18 months and doeant have a british spousr or child. Wanting or preferring to stay rather than returning home is not UKVIs problem and doesn't give anyone a claim to private life when neither the spouse or child is settled or British!!
@CR001
Hence I said he should seek legal services the asylum thingy was just my thoughts which am not even sure of. Am stressing in him seeking legal services so he’s ably assisted.

Pradeep96
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pradeep96 » Sat Aug 17, 2024 2:09 pm

Pradeep96
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pradeep96 » Mon Sep 02, 2024 7:00 pm

Application type FLR (FP) based on human rights

Fee waiver submitted : 24/03/2023
Fee wavier approved : 25/04/2023

Flr fp application Submitted : 02/05/2023
Biometrics appointment : 13/06/2023

Additional documents submitted or further submission done : 21/03/2024
Decision received : 02/09/2024

My flr fp application got refused without any appeal rights. After waiting for 15 months

lostinthesystem
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lostinthesystem » Mon Sep 02, 2024 7:20 pm

Pradeep96 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2024 7:00 pm

My flr fp application got refused without any appeal rights. After waiting for 15 months

Hi Pradeep, sorry to hear the bad news. It's awful the length of time they make us wait , and especially to get a negative decision at the end , it's very inhumane, demeaning, most are also living in a hostile environment, really awful , I myself also applied for flr fp recently so i post the outcome here and I know others who also have applied and they also been waiting 1-2 years for a decision despite being the country 10+ years.

I just can't understand why they can't combine both fee waiver and visa application, both are similar questions so why need to apply twice and wait twice

I would of thought you could appeal, have you been in touch with legal advice too find out what can you do.

Charanjit
Newly Registered
India

Post by Charanjit » Tue Sep 03, 2024 12:59 am

Zeek wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:52 am
CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:48 am
Zeek wrote:
Charanjit wrote:
Hi All

Thank you
@Charanjit
Regards.
@CR001
Hence I said he should seek legal services the asylum thingy was just my thoughts which am not even sure of. Am stressing in him seeking legal services so he’s ably assisted.

Actually this category is outside the rule that why I applied under this category... Now I am regretting....

Zeeky
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Zeeky » Tue Sep 03, 2024 3:11 am

Pradeep96 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2024 7:00 pm

Hi Pradeep
Sorry to hear this. Is this your your first application for renewal? were you already on 10yr route or were initially given 5yrs (Human Rights). Please seek legal services. They will see how they can navigate your issue. Because its not on that you have not even been given right to appeal. Praying it works out well in the end. Do not give up reapply using a lawyer...

r144002
Newly Registered
India

Post by r144002 » Wed Sep 04, 2024 12:25 pm

2nd Extension FLR(fp)- Partner route(British Spouse and Britsh kid)
FLR(FP) application sent on the 03/05/2024
Biometric done on 08/05/2024

Decision Waiting

Pradeep96
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pradeep96 » Wed Sep 04, 2024 7:25 pm

This was my first application on flr fp based on human rights in leave outside immigration rules for 5 years which got refused without any appeal rights took around 15 months of decision & gave 14 days to leave Uk

Still no idea what should i do as i don't have to go back to my home country

Some says apply for asylum, some for EU settlement which will give short time but full rights & some you will get only 3 months. But i have no idea what should i do & feeling no more hope.

If any have any recommendations or suggestions please let me know.

May god bless you, thanks in advance 🙏

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 04, 2024 7:49 pm

Pradeep96 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2024 7:25 pm
This was my first application on flr fp based on human rights in leave outside immigration rules for 5 years which got refused without any appeal rights took around 15 months of decision & gave 14 days to leave Uk

Still no idea what should i do as i don't have to go back to my home country

Some says apply for asylum, some for EU settlement which will give short time but full rights & some you will get only 3 months. But i have no idea what should i do & feeling no more hope.

If any have any recommendations or suggestions please let me know.

May god bless you, thanks in advance 🙏
What is your full UK immigration history?

How long have you been in the UK and on what visa did you come to the UK?

How do you believe you qualify for a human rights application?

How do you qualify for either asylum or EU Settlement?

You have provided such incredibly limited information, not sure how you expect strangers on an internet forum to offer any useful advice without much more information.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Pradeep96
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pradeep96 » Thu Sep 05, 2024 8:51 am

Student visa

Came on March 2022

Applied for fee wavier in march 2023

Than applied for flr fp application on may 2023 after fee wavier got approved

Flr fp application refused without appeal rights on 1 September

Home office gave 14 days to leave the UK

I don't have much knowledge about human rights or any other this application was filled by solicitor with his own knowledge or thinking

Some says apply for EU settlement which will allow to work for around 1-1.5 years still decision is not decided.

Please help me & i m looking to stay i don't have idea on what basis i will be eligible

Pradeep96
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pradeep96 » Thu Sep 05, 2024 9:17 am

Not able to complete studies & left in between

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 05, 2024 9:33 am

You have no claim to human rights based on what you have stated and the very short duration of time in the uk.

What claim to human rights did the solicitor state exactly?

Not sure how you believe you have a claim to apply for EU settled status either, which is for EU citizens and their family only. It isn't just for anyone.

Simply preferring to stay in the UK is not a valid reason to make frivolous applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Pradeep96
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pradeep96 » Thu Sep 05, 2024 12:46 pm

I had some issues with uni & evidence as well
On that base my claim was going which got refused or rejected

I took money for study & i cannot pay them back at the moment

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 05, 2024 12:52 pm

Pradeep96 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2024 12:46 pm
I had some issues with uni & evidence as well
On that base my claim was going which got refused or rejected

I took money for study & i cannot pay them back at the moment
Neither of these qualifies for a human rights application so the refusal would be correct.

Your debt problems presumably back home, are not UKVIs problem.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Pradeep96
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pradeep96 » Thu Sep 05, 2024 1:15 pm

Oh i see

I can say that wrong application was made

So it was just an money they wanted to make

MoKath
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MoKath » Sun Sep 08, 2024 10:10 am

Goharrajpot wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:44 am
MoKath wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:42 am
Good news update !

1st extension
25th August 2023 (3 days delayed expired visa ,after medical emergency)

5 September 2023 Biometrics

Found out my right to work was revoked because of late application 4 months of back and forth with home office after high risk of being made destitute got a lawyer and applied for varying under super priority.

Varied 20 June 2024
Biometrics 27 June 2024
BRP GRANTED 28 June 2024 !
Congratulations 🥳 can you tell me how much did you paid super priority.. what’s whole amount fees plus super priority thank

This is the second cost of my fast track application. I've attached my lawyer fee above. So the total of the process was ;

The home office refund will be from 2023;

£1560 +£1050 = £2610

2024 costs;
£2580 + £2000 = £4580 but I got a £2610 refund from what I paid for my last application (home office priority)
£1200 (lawyers)

motaco88

Post by motaco88 » Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:12 pm

FLR(FP) application sent on the 07/06/2023
Biometric done on 08/06/2023
Email sent to complaints 15/08/2024
FLR(FP) application granted 10/09/2024

Good for another 2.5 years, stay strong people. And if you are waiting please talk to someone, this last application made me appreciate mental well-being and taking steps to avoid anxiety or depression as it creeps up on us quietly.
God Speed!