ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Valo
Ireland

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Valo » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:26 am

Hey!

I have a question regarding proof of address.

I have two proofs of address ready (as is needed according to the DFA website). Do these need to be within a specific date? It doesn't say so on the DFA website but just wondering because I have an HM Revenue and Customs employment history letter and a bank statement. The employment history letter is dated July 2018 and the bank statement is dated 31 of December 2020. Would this be okay?

JT97
United Kingdom

Post by JT97 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:19 am

Valo wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:26 am
Hey!

I have a question regarding proof of address.

I have two proofs of address ready (as is needed according to the DFA website). Do these need to be within a specific date? It doesn't say so on the DFA website but just wondering because I have an HM Revenue and Customs employment history letter and a bank statement. The employment history letter is dated July 2018 and the bank statement is dated 31 of December 2020. Would this be okay?
I remember when I submitted my application they had to be dated within 3 months of your application and if you wanted to use 2 bank statements they had to be from different banks. However, there doesn’t seem to be any information regarding this on their website anymore. My view is it’s always best to be cautious and over prepared but maybe someone who has applied more recently is able to clear this one up better?

Valo
Ireland

Post by Valo » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:40 pm

This might mean something to some of you. Just seen this posted on Twitter and it's straight from the mouth of Simon Coveney, the Irish Minister for Foreign Affairs whose department is responsible for the FBR.

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/qu ... istrations

"My Department is responsible for citizenship by descent through the Foreign Births Register under the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act 1956, as amended.

I am pleased to inform the Deputy that as of Monday, 15th November, the processing of Foreign Birth Registration will resume on a phased basis. My Department is fully committed to allocating resources over the coming weeks to assist with the high volume of applications, with a focus on reducing turnaround times"

Not sure if this means they are going to be processing more and more existing applications that were submitted before the FBR shutdown, or if it means they are actually re-opening. But nonetheless, it is positive news.

Legskinner
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Legskinner » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:46 pm

Thank you so much for the link to the statement from the Irish government. This news is amazing considering they have just ignored most of us for more than a year. Bravo to the government for making this public announcement. Good luck to all.

Valo
Ireland

Post by Valo » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:36 pm

Legskinner wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:46 pm
Thank you so much for the link to the statement from the Irish government. This news is amazing considering they have just ignored most of us for more than a year. Bravo to the government for making this public announcement. Good luck to all.
If this implies a full re-opening of the FBR to new applications then it has come at a great time for me. Just managed to order all the relevant birth and marriage certificates last week and they should arrive fairly soon. Good luck!

rickiclark
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by rickiclark » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:42 am

good morning world!!
I just received my congratulations email. whew.
my timeline so far is:

19Sept19 applications submitted
03Oct19 docs received in IRE
14Oct21 email address confirmation
15Nov21 congratulations email

Thanks so much to all the posters here. It's helped to not feel alone in the long wait this certainly was. II hope your Patience is rewarded soon too!
Cheers!!

(...please mr postman look and see....)

;)

Suro
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Suro » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:09 pm

Long (and I mean loooooooooooooong as in years long) time lurker, first time poster here!
I have had my documents ready to go for a while, but was nervous to send until hearing that the FBR was open again. So....

application submitted: 15/11/2021
docs received in IRE:
email address confirmation:
congratulations email:

Here we go at last! I am very ready for a 2 - 3 year wait, we shall see...

Good luck all and lets hope they get moving quickly :D

Valo
Ireland

Post by Valo » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:22 pm

Suro wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:09 pm
Long (and I mean loooooooooooooong as in years long) time lurker, first time poster here!
I have had my documents ready to go for a while, but was nervous to send until hearing that the FBR was open again. So....

docs received in IRE:
congratulations email:

You see I was planning on doing the exact same thing. It says on the link I posted prior that today they start processing them again, but I looked on the Irish FBR page on the DFA website and it still has the message up that says not to send documents as they aren't processing at the moment.

Suro
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Suro » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:54 pm

Valo wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:22 pm
Suro wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:09 pm

docs received in IRE:
congratulations email:

You see I was planning on doing the exact same thing. It says on the link I posted prior that today they start processing them again, but I looked on the Irish FBR page on the DFA website and it still has the message up that says not to send documents as they aren't processing at the moment.
I'm nervous as I have seen that too, but fairly confident after seeing this: https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/qu ... 11-11/296/
I reckon they just havent updated the website ... I hope... I sent them fully tracked, so will keep you updated :)

Mr_Knight
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Mr_Knight » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:54 pm

FBR.jpg
FBR.jpg (505.8 KiB) Viewed 3560 times

Valo
Ireland

Post by Valo » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:07 pm

Mr_Knight wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:54 pm
FBR.jpg

That's fantastic! I ordered all my relevant birth and marriage certificates last week so once they arrive I'm going full steam ahead!

Valo
Ireland

Post by Valo » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:04 pm

A question.

So when you’re filling in the online application part. Under the respective applicant, parent and grandparent sections, when it asks ‘mothers birth surname’ does that mean the surname of the mother when say, the parent is born or the mothers surname at birth, because I may have made a mistake that I can’t fix.

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:22 pm

Valo wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:40 pm
This might mean something to some of you. Just seen this posted on Twitter and it's straight from the mouth of Simon Coveney, the Irish Minister for Foreign Affairs whose department is responsible for the FBR.

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/qu ... istrations

"My Department is responsible for citizenship by descent through the Foreign Births Register under the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act 1956, as amended.

I am pleased to inform the Deputy that as of Monday, 15th November, the processing of Foreign Birth Registration will resume on a phased basis. My Department is fully committed to allocating resources over the coming weeks to assist with the high volume of applications, with a focus on reducing turnaround times"

Not sure if this means they are going to be processing more and more existing applications that were submitted before the FBR shutdown, or if it means they are actually re-opening. But nonetheless, it is positive news.
Thank you for posting this! I just checked the DFA website and indeed it says they have reopened with a phased approach. It also says expected wait time is 2 years now. I'm at 2 years in February, so I'm just happy they're actually open again!!

Snark512
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Snark512 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:45 am

Just got a confirmation of address email today! Exactly 2 years from when I sent the documents.

For others wondering

Documents sent: Nov 15 2019
I didn't get a documents Received Email
Confirmation of Address: Nov 15 2021

TrishMc
United States of America

Post by TrishMc » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:46 am

Snark & Suro, please enter your dates on the Google sheet for tracking:

Valo
Ireland

Post by Valo » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:01 am

Anyone happen to know anything about the FBR Webchat team and when they are re-opening? The FBR itself is obviously open again for new applications but the FBR Webchat is still unavailable and I need to contact them as I have a query. I asked the passport office if they had any idea when the FBR webchat was back up but they just said they couldn't advise on that.

stone_panda
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by stone_panda » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:41 am

Valo wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:01 am
Anyone happen to know anything about the FBR Webchat team and when they are re-opening? The FBR itself is obviously open again for new applications but the FBR Webchat is still unavailable and I need to contact them as I have a query. I asked the passport office if they had any idea when the FBR webchat was back up but they just said they couldn't advise on that.
I'd like to contact them too - every time I've looked it says the Webchat is currently closed.

I suspect I'll have an issue with my application as I asked my parents for my birth certificate and sent everything off Jan 2020. But later I found out that certificate was the "short form" one and I needed the long form, and I wasn't aware of the difference as that's the only one my parents had for me :lol: Anyway I've ordered the long one and I'm wondering whether I should send it in, or maybe wait until they reach my application and see if they request I send it. Hopefully they won't just reject the whole thing :shock:

Valo
Ireland

Post by Valo » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:44 am

stone_panda wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:41 am
Valo wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:01 am
I'd like to contact them too - every time I've looked it says the Webchat is currently closed.

I suspect I'll have an issue with my application as I asked my parents for my birth certificate and sent everything off Jan 2020. But later I found out that certificate was the "short form" one and I needed the long form, and I wasn't aware of the difference as that's the only one my parents had for me :lol: Anyway I've ordered the long one and I'm wondering whether I should send it in, or maybe wait until they reach my application and see if they request I send it. Hopefully they won't just reject the whole thing :shock:
I'd like to think the FBR webchat will open up very soon given the FBR has opened up to new applications since yesterday

Fingers crossed.

Abaloneman
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Abaloneman » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:38 pm

Application Date: November 30, 2019
Document Acceptance: December 30, 2019
Address Confirmation: Pending
Congratulations Email: Pending
FBR Certification received: Pending

Lurking here for about a year now. Here's hoping things start moving more briskly now.
I would enter on the Google tracking sheet, but can't seem to access it.

TrishMc
United States of America

Post by TrishMc » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:45 pm

Abaloneman wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:38 pm

Lurking here for about a year now. Here's hoping things start moving more briskly now.
Let's see if this link works better:
FBR Google sheet

EmeralIsles
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by EmeralIsles » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:46 pm

Just recieved my confirmation of address email after what seems like an eternity. I was surprised as I submitted a half-complete application due to issues with the parent through which I applied.

Timeline:
Sent application: November 2019
Application recieved: January 2020
Confirmation of address: 16th November 2021
Congratulations email: Pending
Cirtificate arrives: Pending

Good luck to everyone still waiting, there is hope!!

Abaloneman
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Abaloneman » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:51 pm

TrishMc wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:45 pm
Abaloneman wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:38 pm

Let's see if this link works better:
FBR Google sheet
Thanks TrishMc, that worked.

Valo
Ireland

Post by Valo » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:01 pm

EmeralIsles wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:46 pm
Just recieved my confirmation of address email after what seems like an eternity. I was surprised as I submitted a half-complete application due to issues with the parent through which I applied.

Timeline:
Sent application: November 2019
Application recieved: January 2020
Confirmation of address: 16th November 2021
Congratulations email: Pending
Cirtificate arrives: Pending

Good luck to everyone still waiting, there is hope!!
Hope you don't mind me asking, but what documents was it you were missing? Because I too am about to apply and I'm missing state ID for my parent because I am estranged from them.

andrewberry
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by andrewberry » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:10 pm

Has anyone spoken to a human at the Irish FBR since they "re-opened", which was apparently yesterday?
If I am reading the below webpage correctly, you can actually call them now. Not sure if there is a webchat option, which might be easier to reach? I spoke with them by phone 25 months ago just prior submission of application, and it was not very difficult to reach someone. Of course it may be much more difficult now.

Just wondering if anyone had talked to them/tried to talk to them since they re-opened yesterday?
https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/m ... ister.html#

EXCERPT:

"You can read more about how to appeal or ask for your details to be changed or deleted in the Foreign Births Register on dfa.ie.

Department of Foreign Affairs
Foreign Births Register
Consular Section
80 St Stephen's Green
Dublin 2
Ireland

Opening Hours: Monday to Friday, 10am - 1pm
Tel: +353 1 408 2555
Homepage: https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenshi ... ign-birth/
Page edited: 15 November 2021"

END OF EXCERPT

Valo
Ireland

Post by Valo » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:20 pm

andrewberry wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:10 pm
Has anyone spoken to a human at the Irish FBR since they "re-opened", which was apparently yesterday?
If I am reading the below webpage correctly, you can actually call them now. Not sure if there is a webchat option, which might be easier to reach? I spoke with them by phone 25 months ago just prior submission of application, and it was not very difficult to reach someone. Of course it may be much more difficult now.

Just wondering if anyone had talked to them/tried to talk to them since they re-opened yesterday?
https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/m ... ister.html#

EXCERPT:

"You can read more about how to appeal or ask for your details to be changed or deleted in the Foreign Births Register on dfa.ie.

Department of Foreign Affairs
Foreign Births Register
Consular Section
80 St Stephen's Green
Dublin 2
Ireland

Opening Hours: Monday to Friday, 10am - 1pm
Tel: +353 1 408 2555
Homepage: https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenshi ... ign-birth/
Page edited: 15 November 2021"

END OF EXCERPT
I'm trying to, they have a Webchat option for the FBR but even though FBR re-opened yesterday the Webchat service for the FBR is still closed. Shambles tbh because I need to get into contact with someone.