ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:43 pm

Well done Suleman.

I am very happy for you and your wife and I hope you will enjoy your life together inshallah. :D

suleman78692
Newly Registered

Post by suleman78692 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:45 pm

Hi there can someone pls advise what is the timescale that my wife needs to travel after the visa is granted is it 28 days or 6 months

her passport says issued on 9/12/09

thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:50 pm

Ideally as quickly as possible but if not definetly within 3 months of the visa being issued. Make sure she brings the TB certificate with her :wink:

suleman78692
Newly Registered

Post by suleman78692 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:51 pm

Thanks batleykhan yes sure she will bring that with her

MohammedKhan2009

Post by MohammedKhan2009 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:04 am

batleykhan wrote:Ideally as quickly as possible but if not definetly within 3 months of the visa being issued. Make sure she brings the TB certificate with her :wink:
Hi BatleyKhan

I went to see my solicitor and he said he will appeal and ask them to review the case as they had made some mistakes in the decision, if not he said it will then go to court.

I sent you my number in a private message and have been waiting for you to contact me,

Thanks

Mohammed

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:15 am

Sorry Mohammad I forgot all about you.

Its just that so many people are sending PM rather than posting their questions on the forum and once my box fillsup, it deletes old messages.

I think that is what happens as I have just had a look. Send me it again and I will probally see in Jummah tommorow

VASEY

Post by VASEY » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:01 pm

Hi there,

my wife collected her passport on 05/01/2010 with the visa, i am unable to go to pakistan till the first week of February, this is when i will go stay 2 weeks and bring her back , will this be okay as it will be outside 28 days.

Also any reccommendations for cheap flights agents to pakistan from heathrow, pia preferably.

ms_akhtar

Post by ms_akhtar » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:44 pm

[

:D :D :D :D :D CONGRATS..!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

MAY ALLAH (SWT) KEEP YOU BOTH HAPPY.... ameen
:)

akhan19
Newly Registered

Post by akhan19 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:33 pm

vasey

its not 28 days any more, its 3 months so it will not be a problem

musab_27

Post by musab_27 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:42 am

Asalam alaycum all

Congratulations brother Suleman and others. Those who weren't successfull i hope your partners get the visa soon inshAllah.

Brother Adnan i'm sure you mentioned a few days ago that your wife got a call to collect passport. What was outcome? I hope you rwife got the visa inshAllah

tazzie04
Newly Registered

Post by tazzie04 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:25 pm

Hi everyone

I'm new to this forum and as such have been reading your posts in relation to where the applications for visas are sent. From what i've read the main consensus is that settlement visas are sent to Abu Dhabi.

I don't think this is the case as i've read the following from the Immigration Advisory Service that (it's an extract from the article from the following link http://www.iasuk.org/news--media-releas ... ntion.aspx

[b]Visa processing for Pakistan applicants was moved to Abu Dhabi (non-settlement applications) and the UK (settlement applications – now done in the Home Office building) from November 2009 although some residual applications continue to be processed in Islamabad. [/b]

Anyway where ever they're porcessed i hope they process them well within the 3month processing period.

My husband applied on the 04/01/10 so i think i've got a little while to wait before i start complaining about the amount of time it take for applications to be processed.

However I am encouraged by the fact that my brother's wifes application was processed alot quicker than we all thought it would her time was

applied on 26/11/09
call from Gerry's on 30/12/09
picked up 31/12/09

the above was also done during the time when Eid, Xmas, and murharram holidays were alo taking place.

So i'm hoping my hubby's will be done in within a similar timeframe!

musab_27

Post by musab_27 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:07 pm

Asalam alaycum sister

Hopefully your husband's visa application will be processed promptly. I suppose if you've sent all required documents and supporting documents and explained any discrepancies in your application, it should be processed quickly. Delays occur when further investigations into your application have to be made.

As per previous posts expect a response within 6-8 weeks. If no response after 8 weeks, ask for an update on application.

Main thing be patient and don't stress.

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:39 pm

Hi i reapplied for my wifes spousal visa due to my first case being refused. I also provided my MP a copy of the original docs and I requested the support of my MP and received the following reply

"Mr ........ has made representation but because it has been put directly to a very senior UK Borders Agency official here in the UK (who will in turn contact Islamabad) I cannot I am afraid send you a copy, which would include this official's name and contact details, these not being available to the public.

However, the essance of Mr........' representations is that he would like to support the application; that he is aware that the earlier application was refused and why; but, his having looked at the new application form, the rep's letter and the supporting documents, it does appear to Mr ........ that the earlier difficulties have been properly and adequately addressed; and he would therefore hope that the fresh application could be looked upon favourably."

Can this have an impact on my case ???

tazzie04
Newly Registered

Calling cards

Post by tazzie04 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:05 am

Hi

I've been reading previous posts again and notice that a members application got refused as callin cards were submitted as proof of contact. This has got me worried as I sent copies of calling cards which is the main way we keep in touch. I buy my from internet to call my hubby and so i submitted the print out sheets with the pins which have my name on them (i think). Also my bank statements show money taken from the calling cards company.

I hope this will suffice as i know they refuse applications for petty matters and i don't want to go threw an appeal process just for the above matter!!

please could someone also inform me as to what happens if an app is refused= do you ask for a review submitting further docs in support and then if they don't change their decision in light of explanation and further docs appeal their decision???

setm
BANNED

Post by setm » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:20 pm

1111111111-delet-111111111111111111
Last edited by setm on Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

akhan19
Newly Registered

Post by akhan19 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:52 pm

tazzie

i did not send any calling cards along with my application, inface, the only proof i sent of contact with my wife was wedding photos and photos of after the wedding, along with scanned copies of my passport and entry and exit stamps to prove i was in pakistan when i married

my wifes application was accepted, i think it should be ok because yu have also sent proof that you purchased the cards although you probably could not prove who you were calling with them but that would not be held against you , as long as you submitted a well rounded case

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:55 pm

After ILR, Can I be eligible to apply british citizenship straight away or wait for 1 year (after ILR)?
You have to wait a year after ILR ( 3 yrs from being granted spouse visa if you are married to British citizen or 5 years if you are married to a non British)

b92753

Post by b92753 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:05 am

Hi I have a reapplied for my wifes settlement visa due to initial refusal.

On the first application my wife got an advisor to fill the vaf4 form because she cant read english nor write. They made several mistakes when filling the last form. They put my income as 620/- per month (the eco interpreted the oblique as a 1 and assumed my income was 6201 per month when it was 620. This mistake could have been resolved if the eco had looked at my wage slips therefore he refused visa saying "i have submitted no evidence to substantiate the claim that my earnings are 6201 per month.

So this time i have filled the vaf4 form on my wifes behalf and she will sign it. On the first vaf4 form the answers to the following qustions were incorrect and i have rectified on the new vaf4 form :

Are you and your sponsor related outside marriage ? the advisor put "son of my first real aunty" which is untrue. So on the new vaf4 form i put we are distant cousins which is correct.

The second mistake was that after marriage my wife went back to her mum and dads house and the advisor put my grandmas adress (where we was staying after marriage when in pakistan) as her residential adress. And i on the new application put her current adress of her mum and dads and not my grandmothers like on the first application.

The other mistake on the first application was that the advisor wrote that our house in the uk was a 2 bedroom when in fact it is a 3 bedroom house. Which i have changed on the new application.

Could this have a negative impact on my new application ? Please advise ???

Its a shame the VAF4 forms dont come in Urdu. So the applicant can fill them selves and get it translated rather than getting advisors to assist them in filling the form.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:37 am

If I was you , I would write a letter which you should attach with your wifes application expalining above, so that the ECO is aware of the reasons for the earlier refusals. If not then it will raise some doubts in mind of ECO.

When filling the form, its best to downlaod it from internet,correctly complete it and send it to your spouse, who will need to fill it exactly the same on the form they get from Fedex. Your sposue simply canty sign the form you download from internet and hand it in. The form you get from fedex is one form printed on both and stapled to together, whereas the one you download is single pages and not stapled.

b92753

Post by b92753 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:09 pm

So the one we download and print off is nto acceptable ?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:20 pm

No it wont be accepeted because its not in the format that the BHC/Fedex wants it in.

The ones they give you is one form, stapled together, printedon both side, whereas the one you download and print of are single sided and held together by one staple.

that is why you need to download it here, fill it and then send it off and get someone to complete the other form word for word like you have done and then hand that form in to fedex

lubzy

Update: allowed appeal processing times

Post by lubzy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:57 pm

FAO: Batley Khan and any other member able to provide an update

Some while ago Mr Batley Khan kindly contacted the BHC regarding the processing of allowed appeals and how long these were taking. Has there been any improvement in the situation? I know some applicants have been waiting months but the more recent resubmissions seem to be promising.

My husband's appeal was allowed on 16th November 2009 and the official determination was made on 24th November 2009. However he has yet to receive a call letter.

Any advice on how long we should wait before contacting the various e-mail addresses and any idea how long processing after resubmission is currently taking?

Many Thanks

b92753

Post by b92753 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:23 pm

batleykhan wrote:
No it wont be accepeted because its not in the format that the BHC/Fedex wants it in.

Thats just stupidty, why provide a form on your website and allow the applicant to print it off and then to learn it is not in an accepted format. This is ridiculous. Are there any guidlines around this form Batley Khan ??

Surely they cant refuse a visa on the grounds that the form wasnt printed off on double sides and not stapled the way they want it. That would preposterous.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:19 pm

Thats just stupidty, why provide a form on your website and allow the applicant to print it off and then to learn it is not in an accepted format. This is ridiculous. Are there any guidlines around this form Batley Khan ??

I fully agree with you, but unfortunately Fedex will not accept the forms that you downlaod here in the UK.

Surely they cant refuse a visa on the grounds that the form wasnt printed off on double sides and not stapled the way they want it. That would preposterous

Yes they can because if they wont accept the form in the first place, you cant get a visa.

Thats why I suggest yoiu download form ,complete it yourself properly and then send it to your wife who when she gets the form from Fedex will need to get someone who can raed and write english to fill the other form word for word, just like you have done and then hand it in to Fedex.

Iknow its annyoing but unfortunately you have to abide by rules

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:23 pm

FAO: Batley Khan and any other member able to provide an update

Some while ago Mr Batley Khan kindly contacted the BHC regarding the processing of allowed appeals and how long these were taking. Has there been any improvement in the situation? I know some applicants have been waiting months but the more recent resubmissions seem to be promising.

My husband's appeal was allowed on 16th November 2009 and the official determination was made on 24th November 2009. However he has yet to receive a call letter.

Any advice on how long we should wait before contacting the various e-mail addresses and any idea how long processing after resubmission is currently taking?

Many Thanks
I myself have recieeved a number of thankyou mesages from people who eventually got their visas after my advice.Whether its down to my advise or the fact that they have employed extra staff to clear the backlog is anybodys guess.