ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nexus15
Newly Registered

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by Nexus15 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:05 am

Hi nexus
Good to see your name here too
Remember we started the January thread together
The journey is over[/quote]

Hi Abby

Absolutely, thank goodness eh?! I feel really emotional about leaving now, I kind of made friends here and would like to stay in touch with people.. perhaps start another thread for emotional beings like me who just don't want to go. I felt very encouraged and wish you all the best with your interview tomorrow. You could have your "maroon" by the end of this week...

abBY20

Post by abBY20 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:32 pm

Hi Nexus,A big congrats to you again
Thank you and hopefully I should get mine by the end of the week too
Please start a new thread for applicants in 2015
There's no day that I don't come back to this forum
Am kind of use to it and so emotional like you said too
Please book your trip and enjoy travelling visa free to most western countries
All the best

dupuytren

Post by dupuytren » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:10 pm

Hi all
Has anyone had any experience/issues with return of supporting documents?
I've received my UK passport back 2 weeks ago but I haven't received any of my supporting docs back despite having called them twice last week, and today they called me back and didnt have a concrete answer...they seem to be blaming Secure DX even though they said there is no record of secure DX even delivery a second package...
the person on the phone seemed confused when I suggested he should check with the staff in the Passport office whether my supporting docs have left their office in the first place?!!
*frustrated*!!!!! :evil:

ILR13
Newly Registered

Post by ILR13 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:41 pm

akhurshid wrote:
ILR13 wrote:
zabizabi wrote:Hi,
In passport application they are asking for uncancelled passport. Do I need to send them my expired passport as well.Picture should be taken in last month, I have some picture taken for my AN application in January .Is it ok to send those for british passport I am going to apply next week,.
HI zabizabi,
Apparently you don't need to send expired passport just the current one should be fine. I have applied with current passport and citizenship certificate and I have got the original documents back on 27th February without any problem. Hope it will help. :D
That advice is wrong. Passport form clearly states that you need to send all un-cancelled(including expired) passports as well. I have seen people getting away with not sending expired passport but that does not mean that it's not required. I would send it else they may ask you to send it anyway which means your application will be delayed.
Well it was based on the personal experience and I have read the similar advice some where in this thread that we need to send the current passport and that's why I send my current passport only. There was no delay at all my kid already got his passport in 5 days.

Nonayerbisnis
Newly Registered

Post by Nonayerbisnis » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:13 pm

ryanintheworld wrote:
bazinga wrote:Update:
bazinga wrote:Passport for: 1 Adult - First Adult Passport
Method of application: Online Application (Overseas)
Date of application: 15/02/2015
Date application received: 24/02/15
Date of return of documents: waiting
Date of receipt of interview letter: Not Needed
Date of Passport Appointment: Not Needed
Date of Passport Approval/Dispatched: 27/02/15
Date of Passport Receipt: waiting
Congrats, bazinga! Yours was received 1 day before mine, so maybe mine will be ready tomorrow :lol: (if they are open and processing applications tomorrow) or early next week :D
Ryan, you may not want to get your hopes up too much. Passport sent only a few days after an overseas application for first time adult received???? Sounds very suspicious. A clue may be in the individuals nickname. "Bazinga" = prank, 'gotcher'. I may be wrong but don't get your hopes up

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:58 pm

ILR13 wrote: Well it was based on the personal experience and I have read the similar advice some where in this thread that we need to send the current passport and that's why I send my current passport only. There was no delay at all my kid already got his passport in 5 days.
So HMPO has has put that requirement in the application form and guidance book just for fun?
As I said before, just in case you can get away with something doesn't make it correct.

ryanintheworld
Newly Registered

Post by ryanintheworld » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:29 pm

Nonayerbisnis wrote:Ryan, you may not want to get your hopes up too much. Passport sent only a few days after an overseas application for first time adult received???? Sounds very suspicious. A clue may be in the individuals nickname. "Bazinga" = prank, 'gotcher'. I may be wrong but don't get your hopes up
Oh, yes, reality is setting in, my application is still pending, and my original calendar entry of the expected return date was never adjusted.

I also had a very stupid problem -- I failed to make sure my cosignatory indicated precisely passport he holds (that is, I didn't make sure he lined out the part about Irish, EU, Commonwealth or US passport holders in order to indicate that he is a UK passport holder). Who knows what they're doing with the passport information and what records they are trying to get and from which country.

In re bazinga's name, I have held onto my faith that he is a fan of a certain nerd-related TV sit-com who had great luck and that he is not a troll. :D

mamamia007
Newly Registered

Post by mamamia007 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:01 pm

Application Timeline
Passport for: Adult
Application Type: First adult passport (naturalisation)
Method of application: Check & Send
Date of application: 26/02/2015
Date application received by IPS: ?
Date of return of documents: waiting
Date of receipt of interview letter: waiting
Date of Passport Appointment: waiting
Date of Passport Receipt: waiting

Nonayerbisnis
Newly Registered

Post by Nonayerbisnis » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:53 am

ryanintheworld wrote:
Nonayerbisnis wrote:Ryan, you may not want to get your hopes up too much. Passport sent only a few days after an overseas application for first time adult received???? Sounds very suspicious. A clue may be in the individuals nickname. "Bazinga" = prank, 'gotcher'. I may be wrong but don't get your hopes up
Oh, yes, reality is setting in, my application is still pending, and my original calendar entry of the expected return date was never adjusted.

I also had a very stupid problem -- I failed to make sure my cosignatory indicated precisely passport he holds (that is, I didn't make sure he lined out the part about Irish, EU, Commonwealth or US passport holders in order to indicate that he is a UK passport holder). Who knows what they're doing with the passport information and what records they are trying to get and from which country.

In re bazinga's name, I have held onto my faith that he is a fan of a certain nerd-related TV sit-com who had great luck and that he is not a troll. :D

Ryan, didn't you send a copy of the co-signer's passport 1st page? That would tell for sure what type of passport it was. In any case I am sure that it is easy for them to figure out. BTW I spoke to the person handling my application last week - told me that adult first time overseas passport applications from the US are taking at least 10 weeks

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:37 pm

Guys,

Do the passport staff send back the documents with the appointment letter or they hold it there till you go to the interview? Thanks
Last edited by jaweb on Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:05 pm

jaweb wrote:Guys,

Do the passport staff send back the documents with the appointment letter or they hold it there you go to the interview? Thanks
For me and wife, it arrived the same day we received the interview letter. Inter letter came in normal post while documents delivered by DX as we chose secure return.

ryanintheworld
Newly Registered

Post by ryanintheworld » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:31 pm

Nonayerbisnis wrote:Ryan, didn't you send a copy of the co-signer's passport 1st page? That would tell for sure what type of passport it was. In any case I am sure that it is easy for them to figure out. BTW I spoke to the person handling my application last week - told me that adult first time overseas passport applications from the US are taking at least 10 weeks
No. My instructions said, inter alia: "If the applicant lives and is applying from outside the UK the countersignatory must: [. . .] where they hold a US, Commonwealth or other EU (not British or Irish) passport, provide a colour photocopy of their passport's biodata page (the page with the photograph). This must be sent in with the countersigned declaration form."

Accordingly, I did not send a copy. I thought to do it anyway, then discarded the idea, and now wish that I had done so. I'll push the expected return date in my calendar back a few weeks (I think I was planning on 8 weeks). I was hoping my British friend's passport would help speed things along, but it's okay if it didn't. I can be much more patient than I may seem. :D

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:41 pm

[quote="akhurshid"][quote="jaweb"]Guys,

Do the passport staff send back the documents with the appointment letter or they hold it there you go to the interview? Thanks[/quote]

For me and wife, it arrived the same day we received the interview letter. Inter letter came in normal post while documents delivered by DX as we chose secure return.[/quote]

Thanks akhurshid. I asked it to be delivered secured too. As I've seen it lately it takes a week time to get them back

rockstar1
Newly Registered

Post by rockstar1 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:04 pm

akhurshid wrote:
ILR13 wrote:
zabizabi wrote:Hi,
In passport application they are asking for uncancelled passport. Do I need to send them my expired passport as well.Picture should be taken in last month, I have some picture taken for my AN application in January .Is it ok to send those for british passport I am going to apply next week,.
HI zabizabi,
Apparently you don't need to send expired passport just the current one should be fine. I have applied with current passport and citizenship certificate and I have got the original documents back on 27th February without any problem. Hope it

That advice is wrong. Passport form clearly states that you need to send all un-cancelled(including expired) passports as well. I have seen people getting away with not sending expired passport but that does not mean that it's not required. I would send it else they may ask you to send it anyway which means your application will be delayed.
As far as I read in the guidance booklet, it says all uncancelled!! I sent of my current passport (not the expired) on the 26 and got it back today! I paid extra for secure return so it was quick!

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:32 pm

rockstar1 wrote:
As far as I read in the guidance booklet, it says all uncancelled!! I sent of my current passport (not the expired) on the 26 and got it back today! I paid extra for secure return so it was quick!
An expired passport is not a cancelled passport. Passport application guidance clearly states what a cancelled and uncancelled passport is.

Uncancelled passports
In part B, enter details of all uncancelled
passports that you are sending us.
A cancelled passport has the top right-hand corner
of the cover cut off. An uncancelled passport
has not been cancelled by its issuing authority
(British or another country). This may include:
• an expired passport (in other words one that
has run out, see below)
• passports you are or were included on
(for example, as a child), and
• passports issued to you by other countries
Passport application form
B. You must send us all uncancelled passports with the application.
Last edited by akhurshid on Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:33 pm

jaweb wrote:
Thanks akhurshid. I asked it to be delivered secured too. As I've seen it lately it takes a week time to get them back
It can take up to couple of weeks for documents to be sent back. Have seen few people receiving the documents a week after receiving the passport.

psnlb

Post by psnlb » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:53 pm

Update

Passport for: Naturalized Citizen, Child
Application Type: First Passport
Date of application: 06/02/2015
Date of SMS: 12/02/2015
Date of Passport Receipt: 03/03/2015
Date of return of documents: Waiting

simply_the_best

Post by simply_the_best » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:17 pm

simply_the_best wrote:Passport for: Adult (naturalised)
Date of application: 19/02/2015
Date application received by IPS: 20/2/15
Date of return of documents: 3/3/15
Date of receipt of interview letter: 25/2/15
Date of Passport Appointment: 26/2/15
Date of Passport Receipt:
2/3/15

Has gone so fast. Just want to thank to all the moderators and other people that kindly help on this forum. Has been a pleasure to be on it. All the best to everyone who's waiting. My journey has come to an end now

ryanintheworld
Newly Registered

Post by ryanintheworld » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:14 pm

ryanintheworld wrote:Passport For: Adult
Application Type: First Time (overseas applicant from USA, dual citizen by birth)
Method of Application: Online
Application submitted online with payment: 14 Feb. 2015
Declaration page sent with supporting documents: 23 Feb. 2015
Application received by HMPO: 25 Feb. 2015 (per courier tracking)
Application received and under review by HMPO: 26 Feb. 2015 (per online application status page)
Receipt of interview letter: N/A
Passport interview appointment: N/A
Update: Passport dispatched: 4 Mar. 2015
Passport receipt: Waiting
Documents returned: Waiting

Notes: I included full color copy of US passport (and US passport card, just for good measure). Co-signor is a UK citizen who is currently residing in the USA.
I guess I got all grumpy for no reason -- it's on its way!

Nonayerbisnis
Newly Registered

Post by Nonayerbisnis » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:27 pm

ryanintheworld wrote:
ryanintheworld wrote:Passport For: Adult
Application Type: First Time (overseas applicant from USA, dual citizen by birth)
Method of Application: Online
Application submitted online with payment: 14 Feb. 2015
Declaration page sent with supporting documents: 23 Feb. 2015
Application received by HMPO: 25 Feb. 2015 (per courier tracking)
Application received and under review by HMPO: 26 Feb. 2015 (per online application status page)
Receipt of interview letter: N/A
Passport interview appointment: N/A
Update: Passport dispatched: 4 Mar. 2015
Passport receipt: Waiting
Documents returned: Waiting

Notes: I included full color copy of US passport (and US passport card, just for good measure). Co-signor is a UK citizen who is currently residing in the USA.

Ryan, please tell me that you are serious. Mine was finally accepted 2/27. Can I be right behind you??

ryanintheworld
Newly Registered

Post by ryanintheworld » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:49 am

Nonayerbisnis wrote:
ryanintheworld wrote:
ryanintheworld wrote:Update: Passport dispatched: 4 Mar. 2015
Ryan, please tell me that you are serious. Mine was finally accepted 2/27. Can I be right behind you??
I am completely serious. I think bazinga was telling the truth, as my dates are all just one or two days behind his.

BeenThruItAll
Newly Registered

Post by BeenThruItAll » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:05 pm

If you are naturalised, I thought I read somewhere that HO also wants to see the passport I first entered UK with? But when reading the guide and form, it only says they want the uncancelled passport which is just my current passport that doesn't have my 1st UK entry stamp?

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:57 pm

BeenThruItAll wrote:If you are naturalised, I thought I read somewhere that HO also wants to see the passport I first entered UK with? But when reading the guide and form, it only says they want the uncancelled passport which is just my current passport that doesn't have my 1st UK entry stamp?
A cancelled and an expired passport aren't the same. An expired passport is considered as uncancelled passport.
Read the guideline booklet.
Uncancelled passports
In part B, enter details of all uncancelled
passports that you are sending us.
A cancelled passport has the top right-hand corner
of the cover cut off. An uncancelled passport
has not been cancelled by its issuing authority
(British or another country). This may include:
• an expired passport (in other words one that
has run out, see below)
• passports you are or were included on
(for example, as a child), and
• passports issued to you by other countries

zabizabi

Post by zabizabi » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:22 pm

TODAY i send my application through check and send service. cost me 85 and some pence.They asked me to submit my biometric card as well because they need to check current status before process my application.Is it normal procedure.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:15 pm

zabizabi wrote:TODAY i send my application through check and send service. cost me 85 and some pence.They asked me to submit my biometric card as well because they need to check current status before process my application.Is it normal procedure.
I don't want to say I told you so but thanks for proving my point.
Yet another poorly trained PO employee. They know nothing about what to check. To me that is just waste of money.