ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ALL OCTOBER applicants POST here

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uk4James

Post by uk4James » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:32 pm

hsmp_pan,
Excellent Post! Thanks so much for all the information! This at least gives me and others confidence that if your application is with a case worker for such a short period of time that it can still be a positive result. :D Best of luck with EC!

-Uk4james

sssm

Post by sssm » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:12 am

uk4james,

yes it happened to my friend also.. he enquired about status on friday..they said case worker not assigned. Then next friday he was pleasantly surprised to recieve documents and it was an approval. He had a real documentation with picture perfect case..like in one past company he had 5+ years.. he used just that and current company salary slips and spouse points 10..

After that i enquired getting anxious and it took three calls..friday and next monday and tuesday to know from caseworker that they screwed up mine..:(

sssm

Post by sssm » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:15 am

hsmp_pan,
congrats...your application raised spirits of few of our members..thanks..Everyone on forum please give as much info as possible(Hope it is ok with Moderators..:))

shazlee

Re: No Docs after 3 weeks

Post by shazlee » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:13 am

Still waiting !!!!
shazlee wrote:I am getting afraid, HO dispatched my original docs back on 26/Oct by airmail to Sialkot Pakistan. I have no information. My post man says mostly mails takes 2 weeks.

Can someone share information if his docs took this long for Pakistan.

jd
Member of Standing

Re: No Docs after 3 weeks

Post by jd » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:44 am

shazlee,

me too waiting for docs in Islamabad, dispatched on 02/11.
shazlee wrote:Still waiting !!!!
shazlee wrote:I am getting afraid, HO dispatched my original docs back on 26/Oct by airmail to Sialkot Pakistan. I have no information. My post man says mostly mails takes 2 weeks.

Can someone share information if his docs took this long for Pakistan.

shazlee

Post by shazlee » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:04 pm

Hi, JD
Dont you think some thing wrong. Else normal airmail takes 7-10 days for Pakistan. Have you checked with postman for delivery time?

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:39 pm

ya normally it doesn't take so much time but sometime it does..
I've seen a case in this forum and in our case I don't expect much as I know Pak post :). I'll wait for next week then will do something.

Hopefully, we'll get in next week. Also, i'm running out of time as I want to apply for review.. Whats your result? Approval/rejection

JD

shazlee wrote:Hi, JD
Dont you think some thing wrong. Else normal airmail takes 7-10 days for Pakistan. Have you checked with postman for delivery time?

shazlee

Post by shazlee » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:16 am

jd wrote:ya normally it doesn't take so much time but sometime it does..
I've seen a case in this forum and in our case I don't expect much as I know Pak post :). I'll wait for next week then will do something.

Hopefully, we'll get in next week. Also, i'm running out of time as I want to apply for review.. Whats your result? Approval/rejection

JD

As per phone its Positive.

siva12345
Newly Registered

Post by siva12345 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:57 am

ukjobsforme wrote:Breaking News :!: :!:

Have received an email from my caseworker 2 minutes ago stating that a decision has been reached on my application. And that I should inform my courier company to arrange for a pickup in the next 14 days (I had requested for courier collection earlier).

Don't know yet what the decision is.

Timelines:-
Application sent: 13-Oct
Application received: 16-Oct
CC Charged: 17-Oct
Reference no.: 20-Oct
Caseworker assigned: 15-Nov
Decision reached: 18-Nov

regards

hi ukjobsforme,

Could you tell me how to arrange courier to collect the doc.
I am from India.
From which address (HO address )courier person should collect the doc?

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:21 am

Managed to speak to my caseworker today and she told me that my application has been approved :D :D :D

regards
ukjobsforme wrote:Breaking News :!: :!:

Have received an email from my caseworker stating that a decision has been reached on my application. And that I should inform my courier company to arrange for a pickup in the next 14 days (I had requested for courier collection earlier).

Don't know yet what the decision is.

Timelines:-
Application sent: 13-Oct
Application received: 16-Oct
CC Charged: 17-Oct
Reference no.: 20-Oct
Caseworker assigned: 15-Nov
Decision reached: 18-Nov

regards

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:25 am

ukjobsforme wrote:Managed to speak to my caseworker today and she told me that my application has been approved :D :D :D
regards
[/quote]

Congrats!! wish you all the best...Have a nice party :D

I have planned to wait for decision letter.. Because sometimes even if approved the person on phone wont tell the result out.. and may make me to worry more.. so I planned to wait for the letter (that will come within this week since I am in UK)

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:30 am

Siva12345,

One needs to inform HO in advance that you have arranged for courier services. As per the guidance notes, I had faxed a letter to HO mentioning this request 1 week after sending in my application (around 25th Oct) . When I called HO a couple of days later, they confirmed that my request has been received and noted on the system.

I then received an email from my caseworker (18-Nov) advising me that a decision has been arrived at, and I should arrange for the courier pickup.

Based on the information available on this very forum, I am using the services of Mail Boxes Etc. Sheffield. Here's their website:-
www.mbesheffield.co.uk

regards
siva12345 wrote:hi ukjobsforme,

Could you tell me how to arrange courier to collect the doc.
I am from India.
From which address (HO address )courier person should collect the doc?

uk4James

Post by uk4James » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:35 pm

Congrats Ukjobsforme! I am also thinking of waiting like Hari15. I get too nervous about these things. However, I have a feeling I will get the docs back either today or tomorrow. I will keep everyone posted.

-uk4james

sabre0
Newly Registered

Thanks Farah

Post by sabre0 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:02 pm

Thanks Farah.

I still don't understand why it has taken so long. I see others who have applied around the same date as mine and have already received their approvals or rejections. My latest was an email on Nov 14 saying the case is under consideration.

Thanks again,

Sabre0
farah wrote:ATT. sabre0

Relax . Pakistani passport would not pose any problem .
Decsion would be 100% postive.

Farah

hsmp_pan
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp_pan » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:02 am

UPDATE

Over 28
Out-of-Country Application
from India

Summary:
Application Sent: 2nd Oct.
Recieved by Homeoffice: 4th Oct.
Credit Card charged on 5th Oct
Case worker ASSIGNED: Friday, 10 th Nov

Decision made
and Documents dispatched: on Monday, 13th Nov itself.

Points Claimed:
Education: 15
Work Ex : 25
Income : 25
Partner's Achimt: 10(Claimed but seems was not reqd.)

Decision letter & Documents Recieved Back Safely (minus the folders) on 20 Nov

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:05 pm

Recieved my Documents Today

HSMP Approved

Points Claimed

Master Degree - 25
Experience - 35
Age - 5

I claimed Exactly 65 Points only ... and I got it

I will post few tips for success later today night in Sticky thread as requested by sssm

All the best for other applicants too..

Cheers

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:46 pm

shazlee and all,

I've received my docs in Islamabad (thanks Allah) after a panic week.

they didn't award me work experience points, syaing that its not graduate level (heck, i've over 6 years of experience in a UK based company and working as Head of technical support department). Now going for review.

anyone can comment on my case please?????

JD

sssm

Post by sssm » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:52 pm

hari15,ukjobsforme congrats...

jd,
please go for review.Prepare a clear cover letter if possible put each point you want to emphasis in a table and send it by airmail..may a fax an additional copy. I too have sent for review..

Praying God that it goes well.

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:01 pm

Hi uk4james,

Any update from your end ???

regrds

uk4James

Post by uk4James » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:57 pm

I recieved the application in the mail and I got approval!

I have not read the paperwork, but will post at a later time regarding all my points schema. I have yet to see the letter yet. I have not been at home to see it, so i don't know any details.

Thanks so much everyone for all of your support and help. This forum has really helped me deal with this whole process.
-uk4james

Hi uk4james,

Any update from your end ???

regrds

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:09 pm

Hi all,

Can someone please tell me how much time a review take to get decision?

I get rejected initially as they say that my exp is not graduate level. I even qualify on new criteria but I'm now going for review.

Please tell me how much time HSMP team take to decide on a review?
Whats average???

Thanks,
JD

Rubablu
United Kingdom

Post by Rubablu » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:30 pm

Hi all
Is there any idea how many members got approval and rejection from the applicant of Oct 2006 ?

If yes then we may get an idea.

Thanks.
Rubablu

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:59 pm

Congratulations uk4james :D !!

So UK :arrow: 4 :arrow: JAMES will soon be a reality :wink: . Time to live your dreams, eh !!
:D :D :D

regards
uk4James wrote:I recieved the application in the mail and I got approval!

uk4James

Post by uk4James » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:47 pm

ukjobsforme,
thanks for the congrats! That is so sweet of you... yes it is time to live my dreams...as well as for you... good luck getting a job for you in the UK!

I will keep all posted as to my application with EC.
-uk 4 james

I know that out of the 5 people I was tracking within the week of Oct 16-20th cc charge... 2 people got rejected 3 accepted.
Is there any idea how many members got approval and rejection from the applicant of Oct 2006 ?

As for timing of applications going through, I believe that they are being processed faster right now once assigned to a case worker. They are trying to complete all applications that are already in the queue. My application took 1 day to process once assigned to a caseworker.

sabre0
Newly Registered

Post by sabre0 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:16 am

I would have to disagree. It has been 2 weeks at the least since my application got to a caseworker and I am yet to hear a response. Will call tonight (I'm in California, USA) again to check the status. Losing hope that anything will get done before Dec 5 and who knows how long it will take after that. Pure agony.

Sabre
uk4James wrote:ukjobsforme,
thanks for the congrats! That is so sweet of you... yes it is time to live my dreams...as well as for you... good luck getting a job for you in the UK!

I will keep all posted as to my application with EC.
-uk 4 james

I know that out of the 5 people I was tracking within the week of Oct 16-20th cc charge... 2 people got rejected 3 accepted.

As for timing of applications going through, I believe that they are being processed faster right now once assigned to a case worker. They are trying to complete all applications that are already in the queue. My application took 1 day to process once assigned to a caseworker.