ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Afrocommonwealth

Re: AUTHENTIC?

Post by Afrocommonwealth » Wed May 29, 2013 10:18 pm

Afrocommonwealth wrote:
Dochtúir wrote:
Afrocommonwealth wrote:
Dochtúir wrote:next ceremony is on 4th july,what documents required for first time passport application
Sorry, how did you know this? Is it a fact?
If it is a fact l hope l would be invited to it then because l was not invited to the last one. Just wondering because my application only took 7 weeks to be approved that is why i was not invited to the last ceremony
I hope that is a confirmed date
this email i received today

Dear Dr,

The next ceremony is to be held on 4 July. You are to be invited and you
should in due course receive an invitation to that ceremony.

Kind regards

Thats great. Thanks for sharing the great news Dr.
Regards
And pls when did u receive approval letter and when did u submit requested documents?

eternitate1903

Post by eternitate1903 » Wed May 29, 2013 10:21 pm

Afrocommonwealth wrote:
eternitate1903 wrote:
Afrocommonwealth wrote:
Dochtúir wrote:next ceremony is on 4th july,what documents required for first time passport application
If it is a fact l hope l would be invited to it then because l was not invited to the last one. Just wondering because my application only took 7 weeks to be approved that is why i was not invited to the last ceremony
Hey afrocommonwealth,

How come did it take 7 weeks for you? On what basis did you apply? It's really surprising that those background checks are completed so fast
I couldn't believe it as until l received my approval. I applied on the basis of marriage to an Irish citizen and l live in Northern Ireland. My background checks were done within two weeks through PSNI by myself and l posted it to INIS as requested by them. Applied on the 04/02/2013 and approved on the 25/03/2013. Submitted certificate fee 4 days after
That's amazing, so they did not do any garda checks just PSNI checks?? Because you live in Northern Ireland right? Have you lived in Republic of Ireland? Because as far as I know, you have to live in Republic of Ireland if you're applying on basis of marriage.

If they did not do any garda checks and only PSNI checks, then this shows how efficient police service in UK is and how lazy garda is!!

Afrocommonwealth

Post by Afrocommonwealth » Wed May 29, 2013 10:30 pm

eternitate1903 wrote:
Afrocommonwealth wrote:
eternitate1903 wrote:
Afrocommonwealth wrote:
Hey afrocommonwealth,

How come did it take 7 weeks for you? On what basis did you apply? It's really surprising that those background checks are completed so fast
I couldn't believe it as until l received my approval. I applied on the basis of marriage to an Irish citizen and l live in Northern Ireland. My background checks were done within two weeks through PSNI by myself and l posted it to INIS as requested by them. Applied on the 04/02/2013 and approved on the 25/03/2013. Submitted certificate fee 4 days after
That's amazing, so they did not do any garda checks just PSNI checks?? Because you live in Northern Ireland right? Have you lived in Republic of Ireland? Because as far as I know, you have to live in Republic of Ireland if you're applying on basis of marriage.

If they did not do any garda checks and only PSNI checks, then this shows how efficient police service in UK is and how lazy garda is!!

I have never lived in republic before. Application on basis of marriage to Irish citizen is allowed from applicants living in island of Ireland which means north and south of Ireland. So if you in North checks will be done PSNI if you live in the south checks will be done gardai.
liv

eternitate1903

Post by eternitate1903 » Wed May 29, 2013 10:33 pm

Afrocommonwealth wrote:
eternitate1903 wrote:
Afrocommonwealth wrote:
eternitate1903 wrote:
Hey afrocommonwealth,

I have never lived in republic before. Application on basis of marriage to Irish citizen is allowed from applicants living in island of Ireland which means north and south of Ireland. So if you in North checks will be done PSNI if you live in the south checks will be done gardai.
liv
Now it makes sense, and again it shows difference between UK and Irish efficiency!!!

Afrocommonwealth

Post by Afrocommonwealth » Thu May 30, 2013 4:02 pm

eternitate1903 wrote:
Afrocommonwealth wrote:
eternitate1903 wrote:
Afrocommonwealth wrote:

liv
Now it makes sense, and again it shows difference between UK and Irish efficiency!!!

Dear 'Afrocommonwealth',

You should receive an invitation in the coming weeks to the next ceremony
to be held on the 4th July

Regards

xxxxxxxxx
Citizenship Section

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Post by sun_in_rome » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:57 am

If 4th July is the date when will they start sending Letters for that???

bepositive89

Post by bepositive89 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:48 pm

hi everyone...anybody who is waiting since may2011? i wondering about my application becaz whenevery i rang them they always send me same email that .....they r checking my character etc..............
i had a trafic offence in 2010 and i got fine by court 450 which i paid same day.i m wondering may thats y i m not getting approval..?
is that serious matter for my application..?
anybody can help me ...advise me?????????????????????

mekus
Newly Registered

Post by mekus » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:09 pm

Hi everyone I also have the same issue. I applied in jan 2011 along with my wife. My wife received and attended the june 2012 ceremony. I have also called numerous times with the same response in e mail - stating awaiting response on if I have been of good character ...... can someone please advice what I can do, the waiting is endless!

moro1

Post by moro1 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:53 pm

mekus wrote:Hi everyone I also have the same issue. I applied in jan 2011 along with my wife. My wife received and attended the june 2012 ceremony. I have also called numerous times with the same response in e mail - stating awaiting response on if I have been of good character ...... can someone please advice what I can do, the waiting is endless!
Do you have an issue with the guards or committed any offence?
I am waiting for 18 months now, and they are still waiting for guarda report I never had any issues with them and even if I did shouldn't take that amount of time for the report!

Today a lady on the phone told me she has no explanation why is it taking do long! But she will send a query to the section dealing with it..
I suppose we are just unlucky..

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:09 pm

bepositive89 wrote:hi everyone...anybody who is waiting since may2011? i wondering about my application becaz whenevery i rang them they always send me same email that .....they r checking my character etc..............
i had a trafic offence in 2010 and i got fine by court 450 which i paid same day.i m wondering may thats y i m not getting approval..?
You were convicted of a traffic offence and that was the reason your application is taking too long to decide.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

minniepoe

Post by minniepoe » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:53 am

mekus wrote:Hi everyone I also have the same issue. I applied in jan 2011 along with my wife. My wife received and attended the june 2012 ceremony. I have also called numerous times with the same response in e mail - stating awaiting response on if I have been of good character ...... can someone please advice what I can do, the waiting is endless!
Hi Mekus,

I suggest you call them again and request that your gardai report be re-quested again by the inis dept..

mekus
Newly Registered

Post by mekus » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:58 pm

I dont have any convictions or traffic offence. When I spoke with the inis department they had said it had been moved to the next stage. I will call again tommorrow and follow up on your advice, but they never give much details when I ring.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:13 am

mekus wrote:I dont have any convictions or traffic offence. When I spoke with the inis department they had said it had been moved to the next stage. I will call again tommorrow and follow up on your advice, but they never give much details when I ring.
You dont have any any convictions or traffic offence, but have you been in the adverse attention of the Gardai? Have you ever been in trouble before?

You should have gone to the ceremony just like your wife, but something is delaying your application and you need to find out what that really is

immigrant411

Post by immigrant411 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:20 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
mekus wrote:I dont have any convictions or traffic offence. When I spoke with the inis department they had said it had been moved to the next stage. I will call again tommorrow and follow up on your advice, but they never give much details when I ring.
You dont have any any convictions or traffic offence, but have you been in the adverse attention of the Gardai? Have you ever been in trouble before?

You should have gone to the ceremony just like your wife, but something is delaying your application and you need to find out what that really is
what do you advise IntegratedMigrant? my wife in same situation, do we send a letter to INIS (calls and emails are always the same answer), or do we ask Garda Vet directly? please dont assume there is something wrong in our application or ask if we did any conviction or offense. Thanks

bepositive89

Post by bepositive89 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:59 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
bepositive89 wrote:hi everyone...anybody who is waiting since may2011? i wondering about my application becaz whenevery i rang them they always send me same email that .....they r checking my character etc..............
You were convicted of a traffic offence and that was the reason your application is taking too long to decide.

I was convicted in traffic offence and I paid off 450 euro same day.can they refuse my application for my this offence.?its over 25month for my application.my few frieds had serivous convictions but they all got there approval.
wat should I do....any suggestion.........please.........help me ....

Dochtúir
Newly Registered

Post by Dochtúir » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:53 pm

bepositive89 wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:

I was convicted in traffic offence and I paid off 450 euro same day.can they refuse my application for my this offence.?its over 25month for my application.my few frieds had serivous convictions but they all got there approval.
Dear bpositive please email to patrick.j.burke@garda.ie with your licence scanned and ask abt delay in vetting he is chief garda vetting officer and call to 050427327 u can find about ur vetting report

moro1

Post by moro1 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:13 pm

Dochtúir wrote:
bepositive89 wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:

Dear bpositive please email to patrick.j.burke@garda.ie with your licence scanned and ask abt delay in vetting he is chief garda vetting officer and call to 050427327 u can find about ur vetting report
I am not sure how advisable this is, have you done it yourself or know someone who tried this ?

moro1

Post by moro1 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:20 pm

When the department says that they are just waiting for vetting report and admit to the fact it's taking longer then the usual but they don't know why?
Why this could be the case? A technical problem ? Just pure lack of luck ? Something happened to your file and ended up at bottom of work desk somewhere? Wrong information sent?

Assuming the applicant has a problem with justice, it's still not a reason for the delay as its just a report to be printed regardless of what it has on it and sent to the department.
If they are not happy with the outcome it's simple, tell the applicant, ask for explanation or even Reject the application.
I am just trying to understand the logic behind this..

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Post by sun_in_rome » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:27 pm

Any one got Letter today in Post???

CitationCj2

Post by CitationCj2 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:53 am

I personally think there is no point in emailing Garda. This will certainly not speed up the process, nor will help you.

Rather then emailing you can use an Official form and get your own garda vetting report( all the info that gardai hold about you on the pulse will be disclosed to you under data protection act.) and you can then forward it in should you wish.

I also waited over 24months, had traffic offence, 500€ fine, and in the end still got trough. So panic not, and wait and see the outcome.

All the Best!

bepositive89

Post by bepositive89 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:21 am

moro1 wrote:
Dochtúir wrote:
bepositive89 wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote: You were convicted of a traffic offence and that was the reason your application is taking too long to decide.

I am not sure how advisable this is, have you done it yourself or know someone who tried this ?

Thx for advice ..I m working in security industry and I renew my psa licence few months back and for this licence I applied for guarda vetting form ..I was ok with that....it's strange if they r investigating something they should ask any detail regarding that investigation.

Afrocommonwealth

Post by Afrocommonwealth » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:52 am

Afrocommonwealth wrote:
eternitate1903 wrote:
Afrocommonwealth wrote:
eternitate1903 wrote:

liv

Dear 'Afrocommonwealth',

You should receive an invitation in the coming weeks to the next ceremony
to be held on the 4th July

Regards

xxxxxxxxx
Citizenship Section
Just received my ceremony letter this morning for the 04/06/2013 @ 9:20 am. I am so happy now and thanks everyone for your contribution.
Story line once again;
Applied 04/02/2013 on basis of marriage to an irish citizen
Approved 25/03/2013
Ceremony 04/07/2013

Thank you all

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:26 pm

moro1 wrote: Assuming the applicant has a problem with justice, it's still not a reason for the delay as its just a report to be printed regardless of what it has on it and sent to the department.
If they are not happy with the outcome it's simple, tell the applicant, ask for explanation or even Reject the application.
OK, to make it short, if nothing was found on your record, your application will be sent back to the the INIS ASAP.

if something is found on your record they will transfer your file to your local garda station. They happen to send an email to some guard which takes them like a month to read that email which again delays your application, the guard in-charge of your case will write some written report and send it back to the processing office in Tipperary, then your case will get looked after the second time before sending it to the INIS. All this process takes them time because the system is flawed in that regards!.

moro1

Post by moro1 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:50 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
moro1 wrote: Assuming the applicant has a problem with justice, it's still not a reason for the delay as its just a report to be printed regardless of what it has on it and sent to the department.
OK, to make it short, if nothing was found on your record, your application will be sent back to the the INIS ASAP.

if something is found on your record they will transfer your file to your local garda station. They happen to send an email to some guard which takes them like a month to read that email which again delays your application, the guard in-charge of your case will write some written report and send it back to the processing office in Tipperary, then your case will get looked after the second time before sending it to the INIS. All this process takes them time because the system is flawed in that regards!.
Logically I shouldn't have a problem in that regard, I am going to ask them next time when did they send the request.
I just have to wait and see ...

immigrant411

Question to IntegratedMigrant

Post by immigrant411 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:59 am

Hi IntegratedMigrant, for the people who are still in backlog and waiting for 18 months and more, stuck in stage 2 waiting for Garda report, do you recommend to call Inis and ask to resend to Garda, OR send a letter to request that? OR call Garda Vet????
Thanks