ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

June 2015 Naturalization Application TIMELINE ONLY

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kaassh
Newly Registered

Re: June 2015 Naturalization Application TIMELINE ONLY

Post by kaassh » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:19 am

Sandytong85 wrote:
Sandytong85 wrote:
Update !!!!

Eligibility criteria: 10 years long residence and 1 year ILR
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): U.K. Degree
Current nationality: Chinese
Method of application (NCS/Postal/Solicitor etc): NCS
Council name if NCS used: MANCHESTER
Date of application: 10.06.2015
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA:
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 17.06.2015
Date of acknowledgment: 17.06.15 recieved on 24.06.2015
Date of receipt by Biometric info: 24.06.2015
Date of Submission of Biometric info: 24.06.2015

Date approval received: 20/11/2015!!!!
Date of ceremony: 25/11/2015!!! (got the ceremony letter together with the approval letter today and got arranged the ceremony automatically)

I'm so relieved and pleased for the approval! Can't believe it took over five months!! Thanks this forum so much for being informative!

By the way just a quick one, I am going abroad in the end of December for 2 months, don't think I manage to apply British passport in time (it says 6 weeks according to HO website) Is it okay to enter UK with my Chinese passport when I come back from abroad? Any help would be appreciated! Cheers X
If your chines passport is still valid and your permanent residence Stamp is endorsed in one of your passport, you are free to travel on that.

Sandytong85
Newly Registered

Post by Sandytong85 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:29 am

kaassh wrote:
Sandytong85 wrote:
Sandytong85 wrote:
Update !!!!

Eligibility criteria: 10 years long residence and 1 year ILR
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): U.K. Degree
Current nationality: Chinese
Method of application (NCS/Postal/Solicitor etc): NCS
Council name if NCS used: MANCHESTER
Date of application: 10.06.2015
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA:
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 17.06.2015
Date of acknowledgment: 17.06.15 recieved on 24.06.2015
Date of receipt by Biometric info: 24.06.2015
Date of Submission of Biometric info: 24.06.2015

Date approval received: 20/11/2015!!!!
Date of ceremony: 25/11/2015!!! (got the ceremony letter together with the approval letter today and got arranged the ceremony automatically)

I'm so relieved and pleased for the approval! Can't believe it took over five months!! Thanks this forum so much for being informative!

By the way just a quick one, I am going abroad in the end of December for 2 months, don't think I manage to apply British passport in time (it says 6 weeks according to HO website) Is it okay to enter UK with my Chinese passport when I come back from abroad? Any help would be appreciated! Cheers X
If your chines passport is still valid and your permanent residence Stamp is endorsed in one of your passport, you are free to travel on that.
Errrr the RP is a biometric card and my HONG KONG PASSPORT IS VALID AS I CAN HOLD DUAL CITIZNESHIP I THINK!? Is that still okay?

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:11 am

I'd assume it should be fine. Just take the Naturslisation certificate on the rare chance you have trouble re-entering the UK

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:14 am

averagejoe wrote:I'd assume it should be fine. Just take the Naturslisation certificate on the rare chance you have trouble re-entering the UK
plus China does not allow dual citizenship

medous99
Newly Registered

Post by medous99 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:21 am

[quote="medous99"][quote="medous99"][quote="medous99"][quote="medous99"]Eligibility criteria: 5 Years ( ILR + 3 YEARS)
Language criteria met: B1
Method of application: NCS
Date of application: 03 / 06 / 2015
Payment method: DIRECT DEBIT
Date of receipt by UKBA: 04/06/15
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 15/06/15
Date of acknowledgment: no acknowledgment sent
Date of receipt by Biometric info: 20/07/15
Date of Submission of Biometric info: 20/07/15
Date approval received: 30/10/15
Date of ceremony: 09/11/15
Passport recieved : 21/11/15

Sandytong85
Newly Registered

Post by Sandytong85 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:40 am

averagejoe wrote:
averagejoe wrote:I'd assume it should be fine. Just take the Naturslisation certificate on the rare chance you have trouble re-entering the UK
Thanks all for the advice! Really appreciated. Good luck to everyone who are still waiting!

China does not allow dual citizenship but Hong Kong is a special administrative region of China (British colony before 1997) allows dual citizenship! All my friends they got British passport and Hong Kong CITIZNESHIP too! Anyway I have noticed in the forum for passport application it seems quicker than the officials 6 weeks I might take a risk to apply before I fly or ask my friend to post the British passport to me when I am away!

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:21 am

Sandytong85 wrote:
averagejoe wrote:
Thanks all for the advice! Really appreciated. Good luck to everyone who are still waiting!

China does not allow dual citizenship but Hong Kong is a special administrative region of China (British colony before 1997) allows dual citizenship! All my friends they got British passport and Hong Kong CITIZNESHIP too! Anyway I have noticed in the forum for passport application it seems quicker than the officials 6 weeks I might take a risk to apply before I fly or ask my friend to post the British passport to me when I am away!

They say at least 6 weeks but if I read the British passport threads it's only taking 2/3 weeks at most.

nanaok
Newly Registered

Post by nanaok » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:36 am

Also received my Approval today!!! Applied 16th June (Spouse of BC). Also requested mu documents about two weeks ago which didnt affect my application. It says to wait for the coucil to contact me.

Anyway, all the best to all waiting and thanks to everyone on herefor your support and information. I will feedback progress of ceremony and passport. Thanks all and good luck.

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:57 am

nanaok wrote:Also received my Approval today!!! Applied 16th June (Spouse of BC). Also requested mu documents about two weeks ago which didnt affect my application. It says to wait for the coucil to contact me.

Anyway, all the best to all waiting and thanks to everyone on herefor your support and information. I will feedback progress of ceremony and passport. Thanks all and good luck.

Congratulations nanaok... they must've done them in batches.

my hubbys letter says we had to book it ourselves and 1 week before we will get confirmation in the post! ( as its 4cweeks away) but your council works differently I guess

nanaok
Newly Registered

Post by nanaok » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:50 am

averagejoe wrote:
nanaok wrote:Also received my Approval today!!! Applied 16th June (Spouse of BC). Also requested mu documents about two weeks ago which didnt affect my application. It says to wait for the coucil to contact me.

Congratulations nanaok... they must've done them in batches.

my hubbys letter says we had to book it ourselves and 1 week before we will get confirmation in the post! ( as its 4cweeks away) but your council works differently I guess
Yes I think they work differently. Just called my local council anyway. The lady I spoke to said they dnt have my approval from the home office. However, I should call back on Friday next week as the approvals are typically received from home office on thursdays so will call then. At least the hard part is over.

Ziuta

Post by Ziuta » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:41 pm

it might sound like stupid question, how did you contact home office to get your documents returned? did you used their website or did you use an email? Many thanks
Applied: 02/06/2015
Fee deducted: 13/06/2015
Acknowledgement letter: 16/06/2015 (dated 13/06)
Biometrics: 16/06/2015
Approval: 28/11/2015

joy_kavee

Post by joy_kavee » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:25 pm

Can someone please provide the correct web link /excel sheet where we can update our naturalisation progress ?

Thanks

nanaok
Newly Registered

Post by nanaok » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:02 pm

Ziuta wrote:it might sound like stupid question, how did you contact home office to get your documents returned? did you used their website or did you use an email? Many thanks
I requested through the home office website. See link below:

https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml

They called me 3 days after I requested to ask how I wanted my docs sending (2nd class post or special delivery). I asked them to send it by 2nd class as they asked for my bank details over the fone which I declined. Re eived them 4 days later (one week from request to receipt)

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:42 am

joy_kavee wrote:Can someone please provide the correct web link /excel sheet where we can update our naturalisation progress ?

Thanks

I don't have a laptop now so can someone update me on the form please. Approved 18th November.

Skyfall007
Newly Registered

Post by Skyfall007 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:02 pm

Hi

Here are my timelines

Application Date: 05/06/15
NCS Hatfield
Acknowledgement email: 13/06/15
Biometrics Invitation letter: 08/07/15
Biometrics Done: 10/07/15 (I think)
Approval Date: 13/11/15
Letter received: 17/11/15
Ceremony: Not booked yet because of below

I have recently applied for British naturalisation under my Married name with Indian passport which has a maiden name as I am planning to change my last name, and thought this is the great oppostunity.
I know lots of people did this was in last few years.
But I have received the letter from Home Office saying my Naturalisation application has been successful but HM Passport office will not issue a BBritish passport in a name that is different to any other passport document. Also suggesting me to change the Indian passport first.

Is this possible though because timelines are difficult as I would need to get my Certificate by attending Citizenship Ceremony and after the ceremony I will be British citizen. And after that why would Indian embassy will give me new passport??

Can anyone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:00 pm

Hope the Indian embassy are quickNCOs you have 21 days from the date on the letter to book the ceremony

fbutt50

Post by fbutt50 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:24 am

averagejodie wrote:
swift_gh wrote:Okay, got my approval yesterday and thought i'd share with you all considering the complexity of my case

Eligibility criteria: Permanent Residence since 2009
Language criteria met: Life in the UK
Date of application: 19 June 2015
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 23rd June 2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 6 July 2015
Date of acknowledgement: None
Date of receipt by Biometric info: 8 July 2015
Date of Submission of Biometric info: 10 July 2015
Date approval received: Dated 13 November, Received 17 November
Date of ceremony: ...yet to book

This is where it gets interesting. Convictions disclosed

Drink Driving Conviction - April 2012
CCJ - June 2009. Not made full payment
Driving without UK licence - July 2008

All the above convictions were disclosed, yet got my approval within the 6 month processing time.

I wish you all the best, it would have been so embarrassing if i were to be denied. All my family and mates have had their applications approved. May the good Lord be with you all. Think positive and have a clean heart. shit happens, as long as you have not committed a murder or any kind of criminal activity that landed you in Jail, disclose any other non custodial conviction you may have. God bless you all

Congrats mate... my husband applied under 3 year rule on 11th, but they didn't even touch it until the following Monday....15th. June and we are still waiting! hopefully not much longer xx
Congrats mate. That's what we require from HO. Only approvals for people who have minor offences or old convictions because they have paid for what they did and now they are playing a positive roll in society.
Well done HO :D
*The gravity*

DaveSE19
Newly Registered

Post by DaveSE19 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:21 pm

Please visit here:

averagejodie wrote:
joy_kavee wrote:Can someone please provide the correct web link /excel sheet where we can update our naturalisation progress ?

Thanks

I don't have a laptop now so can someone update me on the form please. Approved 18th November.

anyaroy
Newly Registered

Post by anyaroy » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:24 pm

Hey,

Any Spouse of BC still waiting? I applied on 26th June and haven't heard back yet :(

Lenchik
Newly Registered

Post by Lenchik » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:15 pm

anyaroy wrote:Hey,

Any Spouse of BC still waiting? I applied on 26th June and haven't heard back yet :(
I applied on 16th of June.... Still waiting... :(

daffodil
Newly Registered

Post by daffodil » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:51 pm

Here is my timeline:

Eligibility criteria: Permanent residence since 2006
Current nationality: an EU country
Language criteria met: Cambridge Proficiency In English (CPE), taken in 2003 (never expiring)
Date of application: 13th June 2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 16th June 2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 19th June 2015
Date of request of Biometric info: 22nd June 2015
Date of Submission of Biometric info: 26th June 2015
Date approval received: ????
Date of ceremony: ????

It should be a very straightforward case but I am still waiting... I was hoping it would be quick as they took the payment and asked for biometrics straight away, but that didn't mean much.

They're probably snowed under with work but it's taking ages, just wondering if many people who applied around the same time as me are still waiting :(

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:43 pm

Hoping you get yours soon.

11th June applicant here... approved 20th November.

Give it a few weeks and then email them. Not much longer to wait until it's been 6 months...can't really do much up until then.

mohamedahmed27
Newly Registered

Post by mohamedahmed27 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:03 pm

daffodil wrote:Here is my timeline:

Eligibility criteria: Permanent residence since 2006
Language criteria met: Cambridge Proficiency In English (CPE), taken in 2003 (never expiring)
Date of receipt by UKBA: 16th June 2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 19th June 2015
Date of request of Biometric info: 22nd June 2015
Date of Submission of Biometric info: 26th June 2015
Date approval received: ????
Date of ceremony: ????

It should be a very straightforward case but I am still waiting... I was hoping it would be quick as they took the payment and asked for biometrics straight away, but that didn't mean much.

They're probably snowed under with work but it's taking ages, just wondering if many people who applied around the same time as me are still waiting :(

I'v got same application's date, EU citizen and still waiting....
Good luck

Ziuta

Post by Ziuta » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:50 am

It appears that EU applicants are worked on slower rate, I'm Europe straight forward case and still waiting, one week and it will be 6 months since I've applied.
Applied: 02/06/2015
Fee deducted: 13/06/2015
Acknowledgement letter: 16/06/2015 (dated 13/06)
Biometrics: 16/06/2015
Approval: 28/11/2015

MoniaP
Newly Registered

Post by MoniaP » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:06 pm

I've applied 8th June and received confirmation 17th June. No approval letter as yet. Only 3 weeks left before 6 months finnish. The lady from NCS said the application is strightforward.