ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:55 am

Thanks for that bro. What is your opinions on the 'agents' people commonly use in Pakistan to lodge applications? I've heard many horror stories of chicken ups where the agent did not know what he was doing.

Yet from the advise I've been given this is my only option.
If you are being advised that you have to go through the Embassy's " handling agents", then you are right because that is what everybody who apply from Pakistan has to go through.The handling agents are Gerrys/Fedex

If on the other hand your advisor is saying that you have to go through agents hanging in and around the vicinity of Fedex office, who will try and do thins such as completing the forms, getting you appointments etc, then that is wrong advise. I wouldnt touch these guys with a barge pole

aziz123
Newly Registered

Post by aziz123 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:59 pm

aziz123 wrote:ASSALAMUALIKUM

i would like some help plz

i have heard from a friend that third party support is now allowed, in few months time my husband will be applying for a spouse visa from pakistan.

i have a 6 month baby and have started work, but only 1 day a week. need some advice on how much should i be earning, i live with my parents and my sister is willing to help with third part support, if this is allowed?
i have 3000 pounds in my bank and working but only 1 day,still looking for more days, only on child benefit, my sister who is willing to help me has over 10000 pounds. how strong will my case be? and when should i apply?

thankyou wasalam

ANYONE ELSE WITH ANY ADVICE ON THIS??

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:32 pm

aziz123 wrote:
aziz123 wrote:ASSALAMUALIKUM

i would like some help plz

i have heard from a friend that third party support is now allowed, in few months time my husband will be applying for a spouse visa from pakistan.

i have a 6 month baby and have started work, but only 1 day a week. need some advice on how much should i be earning, i live with my parents and my sister is willing to help with third part support, if this is allowed?
i have 3000 pounds in my bank and working but only 1 day,still looking for more days, only on child benefit, my sister who is willing to help me has over 10000 pounds. how strong will my case be? and when should i apply?

thankyou wasalam

ANYONE ELSE WITH ANY ADVICE ON THIS??

Why don't you do some research on your own ? this forum is full of stories which you can go through and find the information if you will stop being lazy and asking for everything on the plate !
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

aziz123
Newly Registered

Post by aziz123 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:42 pm

deleted
Last edited by aziz123 on Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:49 pm

Wow in regards to Batley's informative article. I'm amazed at how much he knows and how awesome he's being by sharing all of his knowledge and writting up such an easy to understand piece of work to help other people. I've learned tons from reading it.

thank you very much!!!
I tell it like it is.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:32 pm

boulevardofbrokendreams wrote:Wow in regards to Batley's informative article. I'm amazed at how much he knows and how awesome he's being by sharing all of his knowledge and writting up such an easy to understand piece of work to help other people. I've learned tons from reading it.

thank you very much!!!
Exactly and people still coming and asking the same questions over and over again !

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:34 pm

Aziz

Give your email address and I will post you something that might be useful to your specific query.

Ps Please do not use CAPITAL LETTERS as it denotes ANGER :x

Shakeel101
Newly Registered

Post by Shakeel101 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:19 am

ukusman wrote:Hi,

Resubmitted wifes settlement visa application on the 8th January 2010.

I received email from Abu Dhabi today telling me the application has been processed. How long roughly would it be until my wife receives decision ?

thanks
Sometimes they can take a while to contact you, if your wife is from Mirpur, go to Gerrys with ID and the recpeit for the application and pick it up. Just ring the gerry's office first to ask when to come pick it up.

I hope it's good news bro, i heard my wife got my decision and i thought she's got visa, i was all buzzing only to find out it was rejected a couple of days later when she went to get the papers.

17F4N
Newly Registered

Nikkah Khuwani certificates - issue in AJK

Post by 17F4N » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:12 pm

Hi guys,

I found this forum extremely useful and a fantastic place to share experience – so well done to the creator of this!

Last month my wife visa application was rejected due to Nikkah Nama not being stamped by Union Council. After obtaining advise and reading up the news it has come to light that UK Border Agency were unaware that Union Council is not present in AJK area and the Nikkah Nama are validated by the Mufti.

The process my wife was advised to follow was to complete the appeal form and provide Nikkah Nama stamped by the mufti with a supporting document stating this is a genuine marriage certificated and is registered.
The document were posted and sent to UK Visa Section in London and we were informed that once BA received the document the original decision will be reconsidered.

I have the following questions:

Is anyone experiencing this? And if so have you heard anything after submitting the relevant documents to UK Visa Section in London?

How long does it take to hear anything from UK BA? (My wife sent the documents on 4th January 2010).

Could I or should I contact UK BA to find out?

Anyone in AJK area and planning to submit their Spouse application please ensure that you provide a support document by the mufti stating that the marriage certificate is registered and valid.

Look forward hearing your response

Thanks

ukusman

Re: Nikkah Khuwani certificates - issue in AJK

Post by ukusman » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:58 pm

17F4N wrote:Hi guys,

Anyone in AJK area and planning to submit their Spouse application please ensure that you provide a support document by the mufti stating that the marriage certificate is registered and valid.

Thanks
This is no longer required. The issue of a recent press release dated 31/12/09 by the British high commision confirms that the nikha khuwani which is issued in ajk instead of nikah namah is a valid marriage certificate and DOES not require registraton with the union council.

See the link

http://ukinpakistan.fco.gov.uk/en/newsr ... d=21513885

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:59 pm

Another quick question. I've been working for just over 4 months. I have the relevent bank statements to cover this period. But do I still need further bank statements?

The reason I ask is everyone who has advised me says:

'You require 3 months worth of payslips, and 6 months worth of bank statements"

Just wanted to know if this was somthing important.

Zak.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:37 pm

Zak_K wrote:Another quick question. I've been working for just over 4 months. I have the relevent bank statements to cover this period. But do I still need further bank statements?

The reason I ask is everyone who has advised me says:

'You require 3 months worth of payslips, and 6 months worth of bank statements"

Just wanted to know if this was somthing important.

Zak.
3 months required, 6 months recommended. The decision is yours.
I tell it like it is.

Saima1975
Newly Registered

Post by Saima1975 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:55 pm

Hi, I'm in the process of finalising the visa app for my spouse in Karachi Pakistan. I wasn't clear on the requirement for the TB certificate however. Should this be enclosed with the application? Thanks

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:08 am

Saima1975 wrote:Hi, I'm in the process of finalising the visa app for my spouse in Karachi Pakistan. I wasn't clear on the requirement for the TB certificate however. Should this be enclosed with the application? Thanks

Hi,

Your husband will have to undergo a TB screening before he submits his application. He needs to get this done at an accredited IOM clinic in Karachi and they will provide you with certificate (providing the test is all clear) which you will then have to attach along with the paper work when submitting your application.

You husband in pakistan will be able to get this number which he will need to call to make an appointment and they will explain the procedure. Or you can call the Gerrys in Karachi whom may also be able to provide you this number to call to book this appointment. see link www.ukvacpk.com for more info.

Hope this clarifies your qustion.

Jameel17
Newly Registered

Re: Nikkah Khuwani certificates - issue in AJK

Post by Jameel17 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:19 pm

17F4N wrote:Hi guys,

I found this forum extremely useful and a fantastic place to share experience – so well done to the creator of this!

Last month my wife visa application was rejected due to Nikkah Nama not being stamped by Union Council. After obtaining advise and reading up the news it has come to light that UK Border Agency were unaware that Union Council is not present in AJK area and the Nikkah Nama are validated by the Mufti.

The process my wife was advised to follow was to complete the appeal form and provide Nikkah Nama stamped by the mufti with a supporting document stating this is a genuine marriage certificated and is registered.
The document were posted and sent to UK Visa Section in London and we were informed that once BA received the document the original decision will be reconsidered.

I have the following questions:

Is anyone experiencing this? And if so have you heard anything after submitting the relevant documents to UK Visa Section in London?

How long does it take to hear anything from UK BA? (My wife sent the documents on 4th January 2010).

Could I or should I contact UK BA to find out?

Look forward hearing your response

Thanks
Salaam

My application got rejected for exactly the same reason and im currently going through this. We have sent off all the relevant documents to London and have not heard anything yet. Its been 2 weeks on Friday. My dads friend who is a solicitor says we need a letter from our MP as well. As things stand I do not have a clue what is happening and I am totally confused.

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:58 pm

Salaam all. Just wanted to post a list of what preliminary documents I've included and I appreciate any feedback regarding this.

17 weekly payslips
4 months worth of Bank Statements
Land registry documents
Letter from parents stating they are happy for us to stay at their house
Letter from both sets of parents to explain how the arranged marriage came about
Letter from employer
Photographs of different stages of the wedding, as well as a few photos after the wedding
Records of me topping up her phone online
International Calling Cards
Greeting cards that we sent each other
Receipt proving I've sent her £300 (in order to fund her airline ticket to the UK should her application be successful)
Translated Nikah Nama
Certified Copy of my Birth Certificate
Letter from my local council stating that my parents property is hazard free and is not overcrowded

For everyone applying (and for everyone fighting hard in the appeal process) my duas are with you.

Zak.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:14 pm

Zak if you look at the previous page, Batleykhan has made a terrific guide that should help you out.
I tell it like it is.

RHussain07

Council Tax bill and Marriage photos

Post by RHussain07 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:53 pm

Can a member help me please...(BatleyKhan...)

If you have a simple Nikkah ceremony done, then would simple photos of husband and wife suffice? - reason I ask is I read on the guidance document that photos should show off the ceremony and husband/wife should be in wedding outfits....

I dont understand why one should send in a Council Tax bill? If we intend to live with my mother once spouse of over InshaAllah, then isn't property survey plus letter from mother enough?

What do members think

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:56 pm

Zak,

Are you able to evidence what you were doing before your new job?

If you were unemployed then 4 months would have to do but if not, you could show your p45 from your last employer perhaps

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:31 pm

boulevardofbrokendreams wrote:Zak if you look at the previous page, Batleykhan has made a terrific guide that should help you out.
No they won't because that would mean they will have to move their mule.

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:42 pm

RHussain07 wrote:Zak,

Are you able to evidence what you were doing before your new job?

If you were unemployed then 4 months would have to do but if not, you could show your p45 from your last employer perhaps
Hi mate, thanks for the input. Well I had been unemployed since I got back in the UK following my wedding. However I did not claim any benefits (for the simple reason that I perhaps wanted to get hold of some payslips from a mate, but I decided against this and found employment in September).

For this reason I don't have a P45, or P60.

Zak

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:44 pm

inwarsaw wrote:
boulevardofbrokendreams wrote:Zak if you look at the previous page, Batleykhan has made a terrific guide that should help you out.
No they won't because that would mean they will have to move their mule.
lol. I take that on the chin, as I totally understand how frustrating it can be if people as the same questions over and over again.

I have actually read balteykhan's comprensive give atleast 5 times. However I'm sure you would understand that when paranoia kicks in, you can't help but to seek confirmation.

Zak.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:19 pm

Can a member help me please...(BatleyKhan...)

If you have a simple Nikkah ceremony done, then would simple photos of husband and wife suffice? - reason I ask is I read on the guidance document that photos should show off the ceremony and husband/wife should be in wedding outfits....
Yes thye will do, if you havent got anything else.......unless you and your wife pose again in your wedding dresses.............. I always fee lthat we pay a fortune to have our wedding garment made only to wearit maybe just in the one or two occasions.....what a waste of money in my opinion :P

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:50 pm

Thanks BK.

...how about this one:

I dont understand why one should send in a Council Tax bill? If we intend to live with my mother once spouse of over InshaAllah, then isn't property survey plus letter from mother enough?

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:31 pm

RHussain07 wrote:Thanks BK.

...how about this one:

Following on from Hussain's question, am I liable for Council Tax? I live with my parents, and if was not working they would not have to pay council tax, my dad has already paid last years council tax as I was not working, nor claiming benefits. But I intend to take care of this in the future. Is this likely to be a problem if I don't tell them this?

Zak.