ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DingDong

Post by DingDong » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:27 am

Guys thank you so much honestly love you all, and really really appreciate this forum, you guys are wonderful honestly, I am so much relieved now after I have seen your comments , because I still cannot believe and in a state of excitement that have I really got it or is it just a dream.

But really thanks to ALL of you guys and wish you a very best of luck with your applications...

zzz

Re: Yellow Form 7

Post by zzz » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:30 am

HamzaCork wrote: I applied in April 2010
No additional Documents requested
Applied on the basis of 5 years IT working visa
Recieved Long Term Residency in January 2011
Reiceved this Yellow form of today.
Congrats, HamzaCork.

Looks like your LTR made the trick - no new checks with Garda or SW.

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:07 pm

Aceform wrote:Hard luck Marisa. Guess max one more week, and we should be celeberating
I hope so. I am considering calling them this week..
max11 wrote:The section is currently commencing further processing of applications received in late 2009. what about class 2008?('')
To the new minister processing 2009 applicants would be a logical political move, as Mr Shatter has to deal with them efficiently (keeping in mind they are still within the 26 months timeline), whilst what was before is just like a dead weight he needs to throw overboard whenever he is able to.
Last edited by Marisa on Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:13 pm

Marisa, what is Mr. Postman saying....:)-

Nanette

Marisa wrote:
Aceform wrote:Hard luck Marisa. Guess max one more week, and we should be celeberating
max11 wrote:The section is currently commencing further processing of applications received in late 2009. what about class 2008?('')
To the new minister processing 2009 applicants would be a logical political move, as Mr shutter has to deal them efficiently (keeping in mind they are still within the 26 months timeline), but what was before is just like a dead weight he needs to throw overboard whenever he is able to.

adura

Post by adura » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:54 pm

Hamzacork,

Congratulations,that must be the fastest approval on this Island...am

delighted for you and your family.

I can officially confirm that my wife received her approval letter last friday

The celebration has commenced already.

Just waiting for a court date and then the World Tour in 80days can

begin.

Marisa it is well...yours will soon be here.

Nanette whats going on with your prediction for Marisa?
God makes all things beautiful

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:25 pm

[b]nanette[/b] wrote:Marisa, what is Mr. Postman saying....
Hi there, Nanette! Again, unable to check due to my being at work..
adura wrote:I can officially confirm that my wife received her approval letter last friday
It's great to hear from you, and I am delighted to hear about your wife's application got finally approved and sent to you. Excellente :D

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:44 pm

Adura, Marisa is getting hers soon in any event. I am sure of it.

I am delighted for your wife, tour the world and send us some postal cards. The plan paid off...:)-

Be like paddys in pubs.

Nanette - an bho dhearg

adura wrote:Hamzacork,

begin.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:47 pm

adura wrote:Hamzacork,

begin.

Congratulations on your wife's approval adura. Now you can enjoy the fullness of your 'Irishness' :wink:

9jeirean
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:50 pm

Marisa wrote:
To the new minister processing 2009 applicants would be a logical political move, as Mr Shatter has to deal with them efficiently (keeping in mind they are still within the 26 months timeline), whilst what was before is just like a dead weight he needs to throw overboard whenever he is able to.
They have also changed the waiting time section in the website to 23 months.

goonie76
Newly Registered

Post by goonie76 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:51 pm

Does anybody know is it possible for the recent approvals to go and attend the pilot citizenship ceremony on June 24th as per the minister's recent news article.

http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/PR11000088

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:55 pm

goonie76 wrote:Does anybody know is it possible for the recent approvals to go and attend the pilot citizenship ceremony on June 24th as per the minister's recent news article.

http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/PR11000088
Don't think you can just go and attend. You can attend only if you had got an invite to attend the ceremony.

Cheers,
Ace

savy

Post by savy » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:58 pm

A friend of mine who applied in May 2009 got her approval today and few of her friends who applied in late 2009 also got their approval :lol:

I am still waiting - applied in Jan 2009 :roll:

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:02 pm

savy wrote:A friend of mine who applied in May 2009 got her approval today and few of her friends who applied in late 2009 also got their approval :lol:

I am still waiting - applied in Jan 2009 :roll:
Savy, congrats to all your friends, and all the very best to you. Hope you get yours soon :-)

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:19 pm

Aceform wrote:
Angel592 wrote:can anyone please tell me what number should i call to ask about the process of my application? cheers! :)
Helpline: (helpline available 10:00am – 12:30pm Tuesdays and Thursdays only)

Telephone (within Ireland): 062-32500 or Lo-Call 1890 252 854

Telephone (from outside Ireland): +353-62-32500

source : http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP11000027
Ahh cheers Aceform, thanks a mill :) Hope you get good news soon!

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:21 pm

max11 wrote:The section is currently commencing further processing of applications received in late 2009. what about class 2008?(':shock:')
My mom has been waiting since 2007 too :( about 44 months now. Hopefully we all get good news soon!

Go n'éirí an t-ádh libh :)

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:26 pm

Angel592 wrote:
Aceform wrote:
Angel592 wrote:can anyone please tell me what number should i call to ask about the process of my application? cheers! :)
Helpline: (helpline available 10:00am – 12:30pm Tuesdays and Thursdays only)

Telephone (within Ireland): 062-32500 or Lo-Call 1890 252 854

Telephone (from outside Ireland): +353-62-32500

source : http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP11000027
Ahh cheers Aceform, thanks a mill :) Hope you get good news soon!
Thanks Angel. Same to you and your mom.

savy

Post by savy » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:31 pm

Thanks Aceform !

Hope I will get mine soooooooooooon :wink:

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:07 pm

Marisa wrote:
I don't see how can he bring down the average processing time if he's holding up old applications. The new minister came to office just 100 days back so in theory he'll be held responsible for the delays in applications which is made after he took in charge.

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:22 pm

CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERY ONE who got their approvals
I am astonished to see the speed of approvals not only on the forum but TEN of our friends have got their decisions only in last two days. This is definitely a good thing but there is no consistency like some people applied in 2006 and 2007 they are still waiting but some housewives who applied in 2009 have got their decisions before their husbands who are working full time and applied before them. In my opinion if they want to clear the clutter at least they can do that in chronological order or month wise. This will not Dis heart the people and create frustration between them who are waiting for so long.
PIKKA

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:39 pm

I don't see how can he bring down the average processing time if he's holding up old applications. The new minister came to office just 100 days back so in theory he'll be held responsible for the delays in applications which is made after he took in charge.
He might have appointed an interns to 2009 etc. applications processing? It's only an assumption.
Pikka wrote:In my opinion if they want to clear the clutter at least they can do that in chronological order or month wise. This will not Dis heart the people and create frustration between them who are waiting for so long.
Well said..

tullamore
BANNED

Post by tullamore » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:43 pm

.....it looks like there's no consistency with INIS....after enquiring about the status of my application....Jan' 09 application....told to wait until the middle of 2012....nice try mr. Shatter....but it sounds like a lot of "spin" at the moment- sorry if i'm wrong....

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:52 pm

Hi All,
Finally yellow form came through for me wife as well. Applied in Jan 09 and approval came through 20th June 2011. When i got citizenship and when our first kido was born, sent the additional documents. NO further documents requested or asked.

Had two points on License for minor offence.

Friends, quick question, she applied for citizenship before i was citizen. I am Irish citizen since 09. Do we still have to fork out 950 euros or she be exempt ?

Any feedback be welcome.
Regards
Tiggs

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:45 pm

tiggs wrote:Hi All,
Finally yellow form came through for me wife as well. Applied in Jan 09 and approval came through 20th June 2011. When i got citizenship and when our first kido was born, sent the additional documents. NO further documents requested or asked.

Had two points on License for minor offence.

Friends, quick question, she applied for citizenship before i was citizen. I am Irish citizen since 09. Do we still have to fork out 950 euros or she be exempt ?

Any feedback be welcome.
Regards
Tiggs
Hi Tiggs!
Just found this information for you on the INIS page that you might find useful:

Q. Can I have the fee waived?
A. Under the Irish Nationality and Citizenship (Fees) Regulations 2008, the following fee structure applied from 1 August 2008:
(a) where the application is made on behalf of a minor, a fee of €200.00;
(b) where the application is made by a widow or widower whose spouse was, immediately before death, an Irish citizen, and who has not, subsequent to the spouse's death, become a naturalised citizen of a state other than the State, a fee of €200.00;
(c) in the case of all other applications, a fee of €950.00;
(d) the fee payable under (a), (b) or (c) shall be nil, if the application for the certificate concerned is made by or on behalf of a refugee or stateless person or by or on behalf of a programme refugee.
As payment of the appropriate fee is a statutory requirement for the issue of a certificate of naturalisation, it cannot be waived.

Congratulations to your wife :)

inzar
Newly Registered

Fastest case

Post by inzar » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:16 pm

A guy has got it in 6 months ....check the post for naturalization in 6 months....... Wow!!!!

He applied 2nd week of Jan 2011 and got it now ....thats crazy...waiting for mine applied August 2009!!!!

Aceform
Member of Standing

Re: Fastest case

Post by Aceform » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:18 pm

inzar wrote:A guy has got it in 6 months ....check the post for naturalization in 6 months....... Wow!!!!

He applied 2nd week of Jan 2011 and got it now ....thats crazy...waiting for mine applied August 2009!!!!
Dear inzar,

I'm waiting for almost 34 months :-(

No issues whatsoever with my application