ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Angel592
Member of Standing

Re: Fastest case

Post by Angel592 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:53 pm

Aceform wrote:
inzar wrote:A guy has got it in 6 months ....check the post for naturalization in 6 months....... Wow!!!!

He applied 2nd week of Jan 2011 and got it now ....thats crazy...waiting for mine applied August 2009!!!!
Dear inzar,

I'm waiting for almost 34 months :-(

No issues whatsoever with my application
Anyone longer than my mom? It's been 44 months loool.. quite worrying and VERRY VERRYYYYY long :/

dublintogalway

Got approval today

Post by dublintogalway » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:19 am

Hi Guys,

I woke up and saw aproval letter and yellow form on my door..
very much delighted..
my time line as follows:-
applied april 2010....
got LTR in march 2011
and approval today in post..
never asked any additional document, but i had sent myself latest docs( P21, P60 etc..) last month...
I have few questions:-
I am going away on holidays for a month..so can't take oath before that..will it be ok if i will send yellow form with fee after a month?
do i need to send my original passport with yellow form?

ostrich
Nigeria

Re: Got approval today

Post by ostrich » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:29 am

dublintogalway wrote:Hi Guys,

very much delighted..
applied april 2010....
got LTR in march 2011
never asked any additional document, but i had sent myself latest docs( P21, P60 etc..) last month...
I am going away on holidays for a month..so can't take oath before that..will it be ok if i will send yellow form with fee after a month?
Congrats mate :D
The rest is left to you, depending on how soon you want your passport
Its never too late

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:46 am

dublintogalway wrote:do i need to send my original passport with yellow form?
First of all, congratulations! Second - no, don't send your original passport, as far as I know just a GNIB card.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Re: Got approval today

Post by Aceform » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:00 am

dublintogalway wrote:Hi Guys,

very much delighted..
applied april 2010....
got LTR in march 2011
Congrats mate

plasticpady
Newly Registered

Post by plasticpady » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:02 am

Hi Guys,

very much delighted..
applied april 2010....
got LTR in march 2011

Congratulations dublintogalway!
I asked the same question several days ago,it seems that You did not read to much in this forum.
You do not have to sent Your passport ,just Your originag greenbook
I am in the same situation,I have to travel,my oath day is tomorow
I asked GNIB Office if I can travel without my GNIB card and got an answer that once I have stamp N4 in may passport will be OK,just I have to take fotocopy of my GNIB .
I will take the approval letter too.
Good luck!
GOOD LUCK to everyone still waiting!!!

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:12 am

Has Trebb application ( "..i lodge my irish naturalisation application last second week of january 2011.." ) went straight to the minister's office :D?
Aceform, we should re-apply.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:15 am

Marisa wrote:Has dublintogalway application went straight to the minister's office :D?
Yes, think we should. New forms will be accepted from 24th. If I don't get an answer by then, I'll re-apply through the new forms :-)

ribak
Newly Registered

Post by ribak » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:28 am

Just got through the helpline, took me 20 mins, applied March 2009, ref number 68/29../09 - the lady said it's in the final stage, ready to go to the minister or at a minister, but didn't gave any timeline

beady eye

Post by beady eye » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:29 am

hello folks. is the fone no for citizenship dept changd. i cannot find the link for fone to tipperary section. anyone knows?

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:30 am

Marisa wrote:Has Trebb application ( "..i lodge my irish naturalisation application last second week of january 2011.." ) went straight to the minister's office :D?
" Went straight to the minister's office" - I like that :lol: The only problem is all the Mary(s) in Tipperary will be out of job in no time, don't you think? :lol:

On a serious note, I think they will clear all the back log over the next few months. Of all my 10+ yrs in Ireland, I have never seen as many approvals within a short time span. Whatever the minister said or did, must be working. He seems genuinely committed to bringing down the processing time. I know it's very little comfort for the backlog applicants who are still waiting, but I am comfident you all get your good news soonest. Hang in there guys :wink:

My best wishes

9jeirean.
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:40 am

9jeirean wrote:
Marisa wrote:Has Trebb application ( "..i lodge my irish naturalisation application last second week of january 2011.." ) went straight to the minister's office :D?
" Went straight to the minister's office" - I like that :lol: The only problem is all the Mary(s) in Tipperary will be out of job in no time, don't you think? :lol:

On a serious note, I think they will clear all the back log over the next few months. Of all my 10+ yrs in Ireland, I have never seen as many approvals within a short time span. Whatever the minister said or did, must be working. He seems genuinely committed to bringing down the processing time. I know it's very little comfort for the backlog applicants who are still waiting, but I am comfident you all get your good news soonest. Hang in there guys :wink:

My best wishes

9jeirean.
9j,

Thanks for those kind words. I know it's a great move by the new Minister to bring down the approval time.. Hats off to the new minister.
But it is so frustrating for people like me, who are in the state for last 12 odd years, having no issues whatsoever (no penalty points, no criminal record and didn't even touch the SW) and who are waiting for more than 3 years.

Hope this frustration will end soon ;-)

Cheers mate,
Ace

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:44 am

beady eye wrote:hello folks. is the fone no for citizenship dept changd. i cannot find the link for fone to tipperary section. anyone knows?
Helpline: (helpline available 10:00am – 12:30pm Tuesdays and Thursdays only)

Telephone (within Ireland): 062-32500 or Lo-Call 1890 252 854

Telephone (from outside Ireland): +353-62-32500

source : http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP11000027

ps: I've been trying for the last 30 odd minutes, but can't get through to them.

beady eye

Post by beady eye » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:47 am

Aceform wrote:
beady eye wrote:hello folks. is the fone no for citizenship dept changd. i cannot find the link for fone to tipperary section. anyone knows?

ps: I've been trying for the last 30 odd minutes, but can't get through to them.
thank u very much aceform. hope you get your yellow letter this week.godspeed.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:48 am

beady eye wrote:
Aceform wrote:

thank u very much aceform. hope you get your yellow letter this week.godspeed.
cheers mate

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:57 am

Aceform wrote:
9jeirean wrote:

My best wishes

9jeirean.
9j,

Thanks for those kind words. I know it's a great move by the new Minister to bring down the approval time.. Hats off to the new minister.
But it is so frustrating for people like me, who are in the state for last 12 odd years, having no issues whatsoever (no penalty points, no criminal record and didn't even touch the SW) and who are waiting for more than 3 years.

Cheers mate,
Ace
I know how you feel Aceform. Hang in there buddy. Look at it this way, you are now closer to the goal more than ever. Soon enough buddu, soon enough :wink:

9jeirean
Last edited by 9jeirean on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

dublintogalway

hi

Post by dublintogalway » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:58 am

thanks guys..train is moving fast..:)
i have got oath date tomorrow..but if i will send my fee and yellow form after a month when i am back from holiday..will there be any issue?
does oath yellow form has any validity date?

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:22 am

9jeirean wrote:
Aceform wrote:
9jeirean wrote:

My best wishes

9jeirean.
9j,

Cheers mate,
Ace
I know how you feel Aceform. Hang in there buddy. Look at it this way, you are now closer to the goal more than ever. Soon enough buddu, soon enough :wink:

9jeirean
Cheers 9j.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Re: hi

Post by Aceform » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:23 am

dublintogalway wrote:thanks guys..train is moving fast..:)
i have got oath date tomorrow..but if i will send my fee and yellow form after a month when i am back from holiday..will there be any issue?
Where did you book the appointment?

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:25 am

dublintogalway, It shouldn't be...Why the heck not sort out everything and then go ???? things change you know....you never know.

How important is this holiday to you before you can get your passport ??
The way things are flying for you, you juts get your cert in a week and passport in another week and travel.
nanette

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:02 pm

The day I went for my oath I had photos, bank draft in hand. I headed out from court and went straight to the post office to send by registered post. Can you not squeeze a few minutes to post before you leave on vacation????
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:04 pm

AShawna wrote:
The day I went for my oath I had photos, bank draft in hand. I headed out from court and went straight to the post office to send by registered post. Can you not squeeze a few minutes to post before you leave on vacation????
Doesn't he/she has to submit the GNIB card? If so he can't come back to Eire.

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:06 pm

Aceform wrote:Doesn't he/she has to submit the GNIB card? If so he can't come back to Eire.
I was in a similar situation. I travelled before I got my cert. I made a clear enlarged colour photocopy of my GNIB card BEFORE I sent it. I took this and my approval letter with me when I was travelling. I had no problem whatsoever on coming back, I presented both and explained that my cert is on the way.

Edit:
***HAVING SAID THAT, in my travels to different countries in my 'non-citizen' days, I have seen some airlines demanding to see the GNIB card on my way back to Ireland before departure. Some dont ask, they just check the re-entry visa and thats it. Some check the visa but have a note on their screen to check the GNIB as well. Am I not sure the reception you will have with a photocopy in this case. I did not experience this, I only had to use the photocopy at Dublin airport.

Thought I'd add this in case its useful for someone.
Last edited by AShawna on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

inzar
Newly Registered

Post by inzar » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:08 pm

@ Aceform : thts the thing man! no issues with mine either- lets see but like the guys in earlier post said ..you will be rewarded soon for sure for your patience..

But at this stage with so many flying approvals its getting harder to wait.... let see!

Regards
Inzar
Last edited by inzar on Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dublintogalway

still confused..

Post by dublintogalway » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:08 pm

hi guys,

thanks for your answers..but my concern is if i will send my original GNIB card then how will i be able to enter in ireland..i am leaving this friday and can't postpone my travel as it is urgent to go..
should i post it after i come back...or take a copy of letter and oath copy with me and show to immigration officer on dublin airport..do they cancel GNIB card as soon as naturalization certificate is issued? will there be any issue when i come back in ireland?
how long is this oath valid for? does oath letter need to be sent letter immediately after taking oath..