ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AShawna

Re: still confused..

Post by AShawna » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:09 pm

dublintogalway wrote:hi guys,

thanks for your answers..but my concern is if i will send my original GNIB card then how will i be able to enter in ireland..i am leaving this friday and can't postpone my travel as it is urgent to go..
should i post it after i come back...or take a copy of letter and oath copy with me and show to immigration officer on dublin airport..do they cancel GNIB card as soon as naturalization certificate is issued? will there be any issue when i come back in ireland?
how long is this oath valid for? does oath letter need to be sent letter immediately after taking oath..
See my post above about coming back...
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

plasticpady
Newly Registered

Re: hi

Post by plasticpady » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:11 pm

Aceform wrote:
AShawna wrote:
dublintogalway wrote:thanks guys..train is moving fast..:)
i have got oath date tomorrow..but if i will send my fee and yellow form after a month when i am back from holiday..will there be any issue?
does oath yellow form has any validity date?
The day I went for my oath I had photos, bank draft in hand. I headed out from court and went straight to the post office to send by registered post. Can you not squeeze a few minutes to post before you leave on vacation????
Doesn't he/she has to submit the GNIB card? If so he can't come back to Eire.
I think he can.Take a photocopy of Your GNIB and the approval letter.

plasticpady
Newly Registered

Post by plasticpady » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:20 pm

nanette wrote:
dublintogalway, It shouldn't be...Why the heck not sort out everything and then go ???? things change you know....you never know.

How important is this holiday to you before you can get your passport ??
The way things are flying for you, you juts get your cert in a week and passport in another week and travel.
nanette

dublintogalway wrote:thanks guys..train is moving fast..:)
i have got oath date tomorrow..but if i will send my fee and yellow form after a month when i am back from holiday..will there be any issue?
does oath yellow form has any validity date?
Is that so fast?CON in one week?Passport in another week?

beady eye

Post by beady eye » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:22 pm

dublintogalway you can make a photocopy of your gnib card it is accepted i agree with the above guys. my friend lost his card and he came back if you know your gnib number that is good because that how they chck on the system.

by the way i just go off the fone to mary in citizenship. usual boll*ks waiting on garda report? they are waiting on this since last year when i am ringing any time i ring. if they don't wanna give to me fe*kin say so and i move on. i apply in jun08 (spouse of irish).

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:28 pm

AShawna wrote:
Aceform wrote:Doesn't he/she has to submit the GNIB card? If so he can't come back to Eire.
I was in a similar situation. I travelled before I got my cert. I made a clear enlarged colour photocopy of my GNIB card BEFORE I sent it. I took this and my approval letter with me when I was travelling. I had no problem whatsoever on coming back, I presented both and explained that my cert is on the way.

Edit:
***HAVING SAID THAT, in my travels to different countries in my 'non-citizen' days, I have seen some airlines demanding to see the GNIB card on my way back to Ireland before departure. Some dont ask, they just check the re-entry visa and thats it. Some check the visa but have a note on their screen to check the GNIB as well. Am I not sure the reception you will have with a photocopy in this case. I did not experience this, I only had to use the photocopy at Dublin airport.

Thought I'd add this in case its useful for someone.
ah ok cool

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:29 pm

inzar wrote:@ Aceform : thts the thing man! no issues with mine either- I have LTR too! lets see but like the guys in earlier post said ..you will be rewarded soon for sure for your patience..

But at this stage with so many flying approvals its getting harder to wait.... let see!

Regards
Inzar
Cheers inzar

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:35 pm

9jeirean wrote:On a serious note, I think they will clear all the back log over the next few months.
There is no doubt in it now.
Aceform wrote:ps: I've been trying for the last 30 odd minutes, but can't get through to them.
Have you got through, Aceform?
I went through finally, got generic reply this time - "..probably in the minister's office for decision..". Then the lady mumbled something about getting "tons" of applications today and that they're getting through them now. She was short of breath also:)
Whatever is happening there looks rather chaotic.
Last edited by Marisa on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

9jeirean

Re: still confused..

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:42 pm

dublintogalway wrote:hi guys,

thanks for your answers..but my concern is if i will send my original GNIB card then how will i be able to enter in ireland..i am leaving this friday and can't postpone my travel as it is urgent to go..
should i post it after i come back...or take a copy of letter and oath copy with me and show to immigration officer on dublin airport..do they cancel GNIB card as soon as naturalization certificate is issued? will there be any issue when i come back in ireland?
how long is this oath valid for? does oath letter need to be sent letter immediately after taking oath..
To put your mind at rest, I'll say go on your holidays and sort out everything when you are back. You are only going for a few weeks aren't you? The chances of any major disastrous change in policy before you come back is a big fat zero. I know friends in Dublin area who got approvals last month and still can't get court dates for another 3 months yet. So you won't be the last of your cohort to submit your yellow form if you need to hold back a few more weeks. If the risk of travelling without a GNIB is to much why take the chances; and hey, lest I forget cogratulations man :wink: welcome to the club. I remember responding to some of your queries at the time you were going to apply.

Take care buddy.

9jeirean
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:55 pm

Marisa wrote: She was short of breath also:)
I just had to laugh out loud at this! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:56 pm

Marisa wrote:
9jeirean wrote:On a serious note, I think they will clear all the back log over the next few months.
Aceform wrote:ps: I've been trying for the last 30 odd minutes, but can't get through to them.
I went through finally, got generic reply this time - "..probably in the minister's office for decision..". Then the lady mumbled something about getting "tons" of applications today and that they're getting through them now. She was short of breath also:)
Yes went through eventually after about 70 odd minutes.....

Same reply to me as well Marisa. I wasn't happy and stated my frustration to her. She said they might have received the application from the Minister's office but can't confirm as there were loads of applications they are sending out to applicants.

Hopefully ours should be there in the pile :-)

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:57 pm

AShawna wrote:
Marisa wrote: She was short of breath also:)
I just had to laugh out loud at this! :lol: :lol: :lol:
haha good one

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:23 pm

Aceform wrote:
Marisa wrote:

Same reply to me as well Marisa. I wasn't happy and stated my frustration to her. She said they might have received the application from the Minister's office but can't confirm as there were loads of applications they are sending out to applicants.

That's good news Aceform(I tried to contact them but they were busy for 20 minutes so I fed up and hang up) as I'm in the same boat with you, so let's wait and see.
all the 20 fingers are crossed
peace on you

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:26 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:
Aceform wrote:
Marisa wrote:

That's good news Aceform(I tried to contact them but they were busy for 20 minutes so I fed up and hang up) as I'm in the same boat with you, so let's wait and see.
all the 20 fingers are crossed
Thanks IP, same to you.

BANDAR

Post by BANDAR » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:57 pm

any new news my dear friends ?

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:01 pm

BANDAR wrote:any new news my dear friends ?
Seriously??? With the flurry of activity in the past week on this forum, I so wasnt expecting that question!

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:02 pm

Yes, Rory Mcilroy won the US open ;-)

And more latest news hot from the press is :

Irisih GDP per head above EU average: Ireland's economic output per person was 25% ahead of the EU average last year

Source : http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0621/economy-business.html

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:15 pm

Aceform wrote:
Yes, Rory Mcilroy won the US open ;-)

And more latest news hot from the press is :

Irisih GDP per head above EU average: Ireland's economic output per person was 25% ahead of the EU average last year

Source : http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0621/economy-business.html
RFLMAO :D Nice1 there Aceform. Glad to see the waiting hasn't knocked off your sense of humour. :lol:
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

southdubliner

Post by southdubliner » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:51 pm

Hi to all...Many congrats to ye all for getting your approvals....unfortunately i am still waiting...for 50 MONTHS.......

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:24 pm

Hey N'Bandar, the news is a lot of people are getting their approval and I am drinking coffee right now...:)-

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:45 pm

A friend of mine who had applied in Sep 2010, received his approval today. He's just delighted. He still can't believe this......

No additional documents were requested of him. He never bothered checking status of his application and never been on this forum.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:58 pm

My wife applied in July 2009, but no response yet !!

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:07 pm

it appears that the INIS trying to reduce the average decsion time by approving the newly applied person and then they will look at the backlog
hopefuly they will not forget us 2007,2008 and 2009 applicants
peace on you

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:14 pm

yeah , strange thing though is that I know of a friend of mine who applied in Nov-2009 and got approval!

westerner
Newly Registered

Post by westerner » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:14 pm

IS IT NOT A BETTER IDEA TO APPLY ALL OVER AGAIN AND THEN YOU KNOW IT'S GUARANTEED AFTER 6 MONTHS ?

adura

Post by adura » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:22 pm

9jeirean wrote:
On a serious note, I think they will clear all the back log over the next few months.

Congrats to all that got approval.

Marisa yours is next.

Aceform i cant echo 9jerian enough just hang in there.

Just wondering how long it takes for minors approval to come thru.I

applied for my daughter March 2011, any opinion will be appreciated

Mr Bandar any news with you too? Have you received approval yet ???
God makes all things beautiful