ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:37 pm

to all the new approved applicants is the system still the same like you have to book appointment to take the oath then send all the required documents and then wait for 4 to 6 weeks to receive your cert?
peace on you

bugu07

Post by bugu07 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:40 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:to all the new approved applicants is the system still the same like you have to book appointment to take the oath then send all the required documents and then wait for 4 to 6 weeks to receive your cert?

yes waiting from last 4 weeks no reply

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:42 pm

thanks bugu07 for the reply
so may be 2 weeks to go and you will find the postman ringing the bell :lol:
peace on you

dublintogalway

irish passport query

Post by dublintogalway » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:13 pm

hi guys,

i was reading IRISH passport form and it says we need to submit original long form birth certificate with the application form. I don't have long form birth certificate(only have original birth certificate which is not in long form) as i had sent affidavit with my birth certificate when applied for naturalization..
My birth certification is also non English and i had done the certified translation earlier for my naturalization applications..

can i send my original birth certificate ( non English) ,affidavit and certified translation again with passport application?
Do i have to send original naturalization certificate? If yes, then will it be returned?

naseemkhan3
Newly Registered

Post by naseemkhan3 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:39 pm

Congrats to all that got approval.

Sohanjanvi
Newly Registered

Re: Fastest case

Post by Sohanjanvi » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:40 pm

Angel592 wrote:
Aceform wrote:
inzar wrote:A guy has got it in 6 months ....check the post for naturalization in 6 months....... Wow!!!!

He applied 2nd week of Jan 2011 and got it now ....thats crazy...waiting for mine applied August 2009!!!!
Dear inzar,

I'm waiting for almost 34 months :-(

No issues whatsoever with my application
Anyone longer than my mom? It's been 44 months loool.. quite worrying and VERRY VERRYYYYY long :/
Hi , Sorry to hear for ur mother, but one of my friend recently got his certificate after 65 Months. Know many in 40 plus months,so keep hope man

Sohanjanvi
Newly Registered

Post by Sohanjanvi » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:52 pm

Marisa wrote:
Sohanjanvi wrote:Hi Dear, I am Feb 2008 and still no news. As i stated earlier, i know many from my country even before myself. They are 2007. So keep hope and hopefully will get it man.
Hi, Sohanjanvi, thanks for support. Sorry to hear you’re waiting for nearly 3.5 years..Did you try contacting them?
Ireland could really make a Guiness Book record for the longest naturalization process.
Hi dear, Thanks man for reply, I did call them, reply was same, with departments,when will come back, God knows.So keeping hope, God willing will get it.wish u best of luck man

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:03 pm

Guys it is my turn right now
the nightmare is gone
just a few minutes ago I have been informed that I got my approval letter and the yellow form.
thanks for everyone in this forum, the ppl who gave me hope the ppl who support me the ppl who guided me and special thank you to Nanette the one who always predict and her prediction come true.

thanks again

and my time frame is as follow

applied on 1 st July 2009 based on 5 years working visa (structural Engineer)

have been laid off on 15/02/2010 and claimed unemployment benefits for 10 months

got a new job on January 2011 my new employer gone into receivership on April 2011 so just I got 3 payslips

sent letter to INIS asking about my status on 04/05/2011 and they replied on 06/05/2011 asking for further documents
I submitted what I have on 10/05/2011

inquired about my status again by phone on 26/05/2011 and they told me that my file is with the minister

got the approval letter on 21/06/2011

its only what's annoying me that my wife applied with in akind of joint application (as she dependent on me) and they still waitting for the garda report.

so thanks you again for everyone who added a post in here and lighten a dark area for me.

and as a promise I will continue to post in here trying to help the other and may be my experience will gave some optimisim to the others

happy happy happy
peace on you

southdubliner

Post by southdubliner » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:17 pm

Hi to all.......Guess what....reached home almost half an hour ago and ITS HERE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>50 MONTHS WAIT IS OVER.....
Applied April 2007.
Additional docs requested in Oct 2008.
No further communication till today.....
Will ring court tomorrow to get the date for OATH....
Thanks ye all for the support and information on this very very helpful forum....

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:25 pm

GREAT NEWS, IRISH PHAROE!!!
I am relieved to hear you got an approval despite getting JB and being temporarily laid-off work!
It is truly a miracle..You can exhale now.
Accept my hearty congratulations!

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:28 pm

Congratulations, southdubliner!
Truly, that was a long and exhausting wait for you.

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:32 pm

Sohanjanvi wrote:I did call them, reply was same, with departments,when will come back, God knows.So keeping hope, God willing will get it.wish u best of luck
Take care and I really hope you will get your approval soon!
adura wrote:Marisa yours is next.
Thank you, adura..I got tired from this breathless expectation. Need a break.
Last edited by Marisa on Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AShawna

Delighted!

Post by AShawna » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:33 pm

Its so refreshing hearing the good news pouring in from everywhere! I am thrilled. The new minster has truly SHATTERed the records!
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:43 pm

thanks Marisa, I lost every hope to get but I insisted and struggeled may be during my laying off period I applied for nearly 30 jobs but no way to get anything as the construction sector gone bust since 2007 but it is the god willing at the end
it is only this kind ppl in this forum who gave me the hope and optimisim and inspired me to keep the hope and search under every stone for a job.

also the great Nanette who helped me in writing a very promissing letter to the INIS when I sent my further documents

I put my experience jut to give the hope for everyone in here

Marisa,Aceform, stillwaitting and strongbow and everyone who is waitting for the approval letter you will get for sure and soon
peace on you

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:21 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:Guys it is my turn right now
the nightmare is gone
just a few minutes ago I have been informed that I got my approval letter and the yellow form.
thanks for everyone in this forum, the ppl who gave me hope the ppl who support me the ppl who guided me and special thank you to Nanette the one who always predict and her prediction come true.

thanks again

have been laid off on 15/02/2010 and claimed unemployment benefits for 10 months

got a new job on January 2011 my new employer gone into receivership on April 2011 so just I got 3 payslips

sent letter to INIS asking about my status on 04/05/2011 and they replied on 06/05/2011 asking for further documents

inquired about my status again by phone on 26/05/2011 and they told me that my file is with the minister

its only what's annoying me that my wife applied with in akind of joint application (as she dependent on me) and they still waitting for the garda report.

so thanks you again for everyone who added a post in here and lighten a dark area for me.

and as a promise I will continue to post in here trying to help the other and may be my experience will gave some optimisim to the others

happy happy happy
Hey IP mate, congrats. I'm really pleased for you.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:21 pm

adura wrote:9jeirean wrote:
On a serious note, I think they will clear all the back log over the next few months.

Congrats to all that got approval.

Marisa yours is next.

Aceform i cant echo 9jerian enough just hang in there.

Just wondering how long it takes for minors approval to come thru.I

applied for my daughter March 2011, any opinion will be appreciated

Mr Bandar any news with you too? Have you received approval yet ???
Cheers adura.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:22 pm

southdubliner wrote:Hi to all.......Guess what....reached home almost half an hour ago and ITS HERE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>50 MONTHS WAIT IS OVER.....
Applied April 2007.
Additional docs requested in Oct 2008.
No further communication till today.....
Will ring court tomorrow to get the date for OATH....
Thanks ye all for the support and information on this very very helpful forum....
Superb news man. Hearty congratulations to you

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:24 pm

Another friend of mine who applied in October 2010 (YES OCTOBER 2010) got his approval today.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:27 pm

It's just couple of old folks left here without approval letters.

c'mon the Mary's sort us out please.........

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:32 pm

Aceform wrote:It's just couple of old folks left here without approval letters.

c'mon the Mary's sort us out please.........
you will be the next Aceform
contact Nanette and ask for prediction she always 110% right
peace on you

Angel592
Member of Standing

Re: Fastest case

Post by Angel592 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:38 pm

Sohanjanvi wrote:
Angel592 wrote:
Anyone longer than my mom? It's been 44 months loool.. quite worrying and VERRY VERRYYYYY long :/
Hi , Sorry to hear for ur mother, but one of my friend recently got his certificate after 65 Months. Know many in 40 plus months,so keep hope man
Oh my goodness, 65 months??? That's the longest I've heard of, totaly unacceptable! And I thought my mom's 44 months was long :shock:
Oh my days. :( but at least they are picking up the pace now.. hope they keep it up!

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:39 pm

Aceform wrote:Another friend of mine who applied in October 2010 (YES OCTOBER 2010) got his approval today.
That's great :D I was wondering when I will hear news about 2010 applications :D My dad applied for mine in April 2010 or something :) We're nearly there! BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE :)

9jeirean

Re: irish passport query

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:47 pm

dublintogalway wrote:
can i send my original birth certificate ( non English) ,affidavit and certified translation again with passport application?
Do i have to send original naturalization certificate? If yes, then will it be returned?
Do. Send them all of that if they require further documentations they'll contact you.

PS: Note that the requirement for first time passport application is different from what is stipulated on the passport application form. See here for the requirement for first time applicants: http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=84782

It is also now taking up to 3 weeks 18working days to process passport that are sent in by passport express.
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:49 pm

Angel592 wrote:
Aceform wrote:Another friend of mine who applied in October 2010 (YES OCTOBER 2010) got his approval today.
That's great :D I was wondering when I will hear news about 2010 applications :D My dad applied for mine in April 2010 or something :) We're nearly there! BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE :)
Thot you were waiting on your mom's? I take it dad is naturalised. If he applied for you when you were a minor you should have gotten yours in 6 months or less. I applied for my child in Apr 2010 and I got the approval and even the passport by Oct 2010...
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:52 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:Guys it is my turn right now
the nightmare is gone

thanks again

happy happy happy
Congratulations Irish Paraoe. So happy for you. Remmember I told you you'll be alr'y? :wink: Not to worry about your wife, she'll get hers in a few weeks. Go and enjoy your Irishness :lol:

9jeirean
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us