ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sheford

Post by sheford » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:46 pm

Hi pareshchop ,

Please update your info here and I will update the tracking file every week...

skydrive Editable excel file link for your timeline to be added in the above file for:

-addition
-correction or any change:

http://sdrv.ms/SdKIq5 ( EDITABLE)

pareshchop wrote:July applicants are only now getting their Biometics enrollment invitations. so Aug and later apps will probably have to wait longer.

@Sheford
Could you please update my timeline in the excel to indicate Biometrics done on 18/10/2012 please? I have updated my timeline in the July 2012 thread.

nabil200131
Newly Registered

Post by nabil200131 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:14 am

nabil200131 wrote:My application details :

1. Date application posted: 22/06/12
2. Date application received at UKBA: 24/06/12
3. Date payment debited: 26/06/2012. Payment mode : DEBIT CARD
4. Acknowledgement letter received: 03/07/12 (Letter dated 27-06-12)
5. Biometric letter received: 18/08/12 Done same day
6. Status: Waiting

The UKBA acknowledged on Nov11th,2012 that for the week between 18June to 24th, 2012 : 761 SET(M) Applications were received by post. So far, 101 of them were answered ( taking an average of 73 calendar days) and 660 are still pending.
Thank you all for your posts it kept me informed but boys (and Girls) I hate waiting.
DX courier has just delivered by BRP . No news yet of my documents and passport. A nice sens of relief . I did not worry about getting it , it is the long wait (17 weeks) and the feeling of confinement, not being able to travel abroad as I do it every 3 months.
The courier said that a lady fell down on her knees crying when he delivered her permit this morning. It broke my heart...

prince1108
Newly Registered

Post by prince1108 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:53 am

Hi Guys,

I got my BRP by courier yesterday (24-10-12).

Wish you all the very best !!

Regards
prince

nabil200131
Newly Registered

Post by nabil200131 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:59 pm

nabil200131 wrote:
nabil200131 wrote:My application details :

1. Date application posted: 22/06/12
2. Date application received at UKBA: 24/06/12
3. Date payment debited: 26/06/2012. Payment mode : DEBIT CARD
4. Acknowledgement letter received: 03/07/12 (Letter dated 27-06-12)
5. Biometric letter received: 18/08/12 Done same day
6. Status: Waiting

The UKBA acknowledged on Nov11th,2012 that for the week between 18June to 24th, 2012 : 761 SET(M) Applications were received by post. So far, 101 of them were answered ( taking an average of 73 calendar days) and 660 are still pending.
Thank you all for your posts it kept me informed but boys (and Girls) I hate waiting.

DX courier has just delivered by BRP . No news yet of my documents and passport. A nice sens of relief . I did not worry about getting it , it is the long wait (17 weeks) and the feeling of confinement, not being able to travel abroad as I do it every 3 months.
The courier said that a lady fell down on her knees crying when he delivered her permit this morning. It broke my heart...

Same day , Royal Mail delivered All papers and passport with a letter dated the 24th/10-2012. Best wishes to all of you out there .

nabil200131
Newly Registered

Post by nabil200131 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:01 pm

prince1108 wrote:Hi Guys,

I got my BRP by courier yesterday (24-10-12).

Wish you all the very best !!

Regards
prince
Congratulations !

sanjacs

Post by sanjacs » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:02 pm

I can see some June applicants have got theirs already...

My timeline:

Applied 15/6/12

Ack 21/6/12

Biometrics dated 31/07/12

Biometrics done 6/8/12

Approval.......waiting

I'm not planning to travel, and Home Office has done a 12months Right to Work Certificate to my employers, but I just want this wait to end!

Goodluck to everyone who like me are waiting...really love reading the good news bit when people get their approval.

Scanner

Clarify type of ILR category - Set O or M or JR

Post by Scanner » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:03 pm

Congratulations to all the successful applicants. Can those posting, specify what set their ILR application relate(d) to, i.e if it is Set O or M or JR. it helps to give a better view of category of applications. As it is it is difficult knowing which successes are set 'O', which is my application category.

Is it worth suggesting maybe different threads for Set O applicants, set M applicants etc?

I sent my application on the 2nd of may 2012, did my biometrics in july and still waiting for home office to get back to me.

Any one else with similar time frame, who has not yet heard from HO?

sanjacs

Post by sanjacs » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:09 pm

Mine was Set O and we had HSMP approval June 2007
sanjacs wrote:I can see some June applicants have got theirs already...

My timeline:

Applied 15/6/12

Ack 21/6/12

Biometrics dated 31/07/12

Biometrics done 6/8/12

Approval.......waiting

I'm not planning to travel, and Home Office has done a 12months Right to Work Certificate to my employers, but I just want this wait to end!

Goodluck to everyone who like me are waiting...really love reading the good news bit when people get their approval.

Justiceseeker

Re: Clarify type of ILR category - Set O or M or JR

Post by Justiceseeker » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:35 pm

Scanner wrote:Congratulations to all the successful applicants. Can those posting, specify what set their ILR application relate(d) to, i.e if it is Set O or M or JR. it helps to give a better view of category of applications. As it is it is difficult knowing which successes are set 'O', which is my application category.

Is it worth suggesting maybe different threads for Set O applicants, set M applicants etc?

I sent my application on the 2nd of may 2012, did my biometrics in july and still waiting for home office to get back to me.

For SET(O) we have separate thread:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ++timeline

Scanner

Post by Scanner » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:54 pm

Justiceseeker wrote:
Scanner wrote:Congratulations to all the successful applicants. Can those posting, specify what set their ILR application relate(d) to, i.e if it is Set O or M or JR. it helps to give a better view of category of applications. As it is it is difficult knowing which successes are set 'O', which is my application category.

Thank you Justiceseeker, the thread has the header of ‘Set O and M’. It is not specific to Set O. Also it seems like it is for august applicants time line only. 

fsixteen

Post by fsixteen » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:36 pm

Hi.
Is there anyone still waiting for a biometric letter for July Application?
Response from ukba "Application is not in the system, write to liverpol" after passing 14 weeks.

razi786
Newly Registered

Post by razi786 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:41 pm

fsixteen wrote:Hi.
Response from ukba "Application is not in the system, write to liverpol" after passing 14 weeks.
Which address we have to write. Please give us address.

fsixteen

Post by fsixteen » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:46 pm

razi786 wrote:
fsixteen wrote:Hi.
Which address we have to write. Please give us address.
The address is mentioned on the acknowledgement letter.
UKBA
PO BOX 306
Liverpool
L2 0QN

But I believe there is no point of doing this.

ILR(_|_)
Newly Registered

Post by ILR(_|_) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:22 pm

Dear All,

Today I received my BRP for my SET(O) application that I made at the beginning of March. It has been one week off 8 MONTHS since I applied for this.
I have been observing this forum for quite some time now - and will probably not visit much more - therefore I am going to take this opportunity to say a few things:
Firstly, this is a hateful process and I'm sorry that ANYONE has to endure it. Although the UKBA is clearly a shambolic (dis)organisation I would encourage people who have had their applications in process for longer than 6 months to 1) contact their MP and get them to make a formal request for expedition 2) if you hear nothing, do it again, and again, and again. Don't be afraid to nag them. They are the government and therefore are the only people with access to this government agency. Make it their problem.
Secondly, write complaint letters to UKBA.
Thirdly, to all those who have applied 2, 3, or even 4 months ago - STOP MOANING! There are people who are waiting twice as long as you so SHUT UP.
Again, for all those waiting longer than 6 months I feel your pain but remember this - if you satisfy all the requirements and you've filled out the form correctly then you'll get your visa.
Best wishes.

khdmca
Newly Registered

Post by khdmca » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:11 pm

Hi dear,

Your details are similar to me but I am still waiting....... :(
Scanner wrote:
Justiceseeker wrote:

Thank you Justiceseeker, the thread has the header of ‘Set O and M’. It is not specific to Set O. Also it seems like it is for august applicants time line only. 

khdmca
Newly Registered

Post by khdmca » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:12 pm

Hi dear,

Your details are similar to me but I am still waiting too....... :(
Scanner wrote:
Justiceseeker wrote:

Scanner

Post by Scanner » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:49 pm

[quote="khdmca"]Hi dear,

Your details are similar to me but I am still waiting too....... :(

Please are you also set O?

dias5
Newly Registered

Waiting patiently

Post by dias5 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:59 pm

ILR forms submitted by post May 2012
Biometrics done August
Still waiting.

I am british! Husband is Brazillian! both passports are still with home office so no chance of flying to the sun etc
Anyone else waiting this long?

SameerBhagawatUk

Re: Waiting patiently

Post by SameerBhagawatUk » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:34 am

dias5 wrote:ILR forms submitted by post May 2012
Biometrics done August
Still waiting.

I am british! Husband is Brazillian! both passports are still with home office so no chance of flying to the sun etc

My timeline is very similar to yours - applied in the end of May - Biometrics done beginning of Aug - SET(O) application - not heard yet. There are atleast 3 others I know in this forum who have applied in the same week - who are waiting - Good Luck

Scanner

Re: Waiting patiently

Post by Scanner » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:36 am

SameerBhagawatUk wrote:
dias5 wrote:ILR forms submitted by post May 2012
Biometrics done August
Still waiting.

My timeline is very similar to yours - applied in the end of May - Biometrics done beginning of Aug - SET(O) application - not heard yet. There are atleast 3 others I know in this forum who have applied in the same week - who are waiting - Good Luck
Make it five people. There are two others 'set O' who applied in the first week of May 2012, who are still waiting for a response.

Scanner

Set 'O' income criteria and it's effect on timeline

Post by Scanner » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:56 am

Just out of curiosity, do applicants who are in employment and meet the income criteria ‘Set O’, have their applications processed quicker, than those who are self employed or a combination of employment and self employed, because further checks need to be carried out to confirm income?

SameerBhagawatUk

Re: Set 'O' income criteria and it's effect on timeline

Post by SameerBhagawatUk » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:19 am

Scanner wrote:Just out of curiosity, do applicants who are in employment and meet the income criteria ‘Set O’, have their applications processed quicker, than those who are self employed or a combination of employment and self employed, because further checks need to be carried out to confirm income?
I am inclined not to agree with that statement, as I am employed - salaried - and know others as well - for whom it has taken almost six months.

Baxx

Post by Baxx » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:54 am

slchoong wrote:I am struggling to understand why people on this forum are complaining about how long their applications takes when they haven’t waited six months. If you want your application to take less than six months to process then you should have used the premium service.
I know, totally agree with you.
I personally chose to go down postal options because there was a change of circumstances and I missed the window to book the appointment, but also knew how long was expected for the waiting time, plus I knew I was making some savings in fee.

To me waiting for 1 year makes no problem as long as I can work in the mean time and can stay here forever afterwards, which I dreamt of ever since I landed on this country 17 years ago. Yes, I've waited 17 years so 1 extra year is nothing to me.

I know there are emergencies and urgent requirement to travel etc. but moaning before promised time lapse has a little meaning.

Scanner

ILR approved - Set 'O'

Post by Scanner » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:55 am

Glory be to God in heaven. My ILR has just been approved.

I applied on the 2nd of May 2012
Signed for and received by the home office on the 3rd of may 2012
Biometrics done on the 21st of July 2012
Approval 23/10/2012. I have just received my BM card.

I am so exciteeeeeeeeeeed. :-).

I am sure that everyone whose faith remains in God will get theirs back soon.

Baxx

Post by Baxx » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:56 am

Congratulation!

Thank you for sharing your experience here, and may I say you are absolutely right,

There are so many people waiting for AGES to get this done, and people start complaining after a couple of months is ridiculous!

now you are free to resume your life! Enjoy!!
ILR(_|_) wrote:Dear All,

Today I received my BRP for my SET(O) application that I made at the beginning of March. It has been one week off 8 MONTHS since I applied for this.
I have been observing this forum for quite some time now - and will probably not visit much more - therefore I am going to take this opportunity to say a few things:
Firstly, this is a hateful process and I'm sorry that ANYONE has to endure it. Although the UKBA is clearly a shambolic (dis)organisation I would encourage people who have had their applications in process for longer than 6 months to 1) contact their MP and get them to make a formal request for expedition 2) if you hear nothing, do it again, and again, and again. Don't be afraid to nag them. They are the government and therefore are the only people with access to this government agency. Make it their problem.
Secondly, write complaint letters to UKBA.
Thirdly, to all those who have applied 2, 3, or even 4 months ago - STOP MOANING! There are people who are waiting twice as long as you so SHUT UP.
Again, for all those waiting longer than 6 months I feel your pain but remember this - if you satisfy all the requirements and you've filled out the form correctly then you'll get your visa.
Best wishes.