ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hafsa_khan
Newly Registered

Post by hafsa_khan » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:47 pm

ok then wat will happen if i go ahead with the appeal and i go bangldeah in the meantim until the appeal date and come back and wat if im pregnant then how will i attend if its near hearing time and alsoi wont be working at the time of appeal then due to prganncy if thsi is case

hafsa_khan
Newly Registered

Post by hafsa_khan » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:50 pm

my parents are strict, they wont allow me to go to appeal as they dont like my hubby but i love him and want him here. i will have to fight to attend. but if i fall pregnant wen i go bangldesh then wen i come back i will not be fit to go and they wont let me i am in such a dilema ( i desparately want a baby soon)

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:25 pm

hafsa_khan wrote:ok then wat will happen if i go ahead with the appeal and i go bangldeah in the meantim until the appeal date and come back and wat if im pregnant then how will i attend if its near hearing time and alsoi wont be working at the time of appeal then due to prganncy if thsi is case
If you are pregnant, that should be sufficent evidence of you're relationship.

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:54 pm

hafsa_khan wrote:my parents are strict, they wont allow me to go to appeal as they dont like my hubby but i love him and want him here. i will have to fight to attend. but if i fall pregnant wen i go bangldesh then wen i come back i will not be fit to go and they wont let me i am in such a dilema ( i desparately want a baby soon)
Salaam,

Sorry to hear about your trouble, make dua and inshallah things will become easy. If your husband does arrive where will you live?

I am no expert in immigration (I'm only here cos I am applying for my wife) but it may be easier to explain your circumstance in an appeal.

OK you so you've been using calling card which doesn't prove much. Why not get one of these international sim cards, you can usually get them in Halal food stores etc. I forget which one gives itemised billing but i'm sure someone will recommend one. Start using that from the day you get it and that way by the appeal date you will have proof. Use the sim card 50% of the time and calling cards 50% of the time.

You have time, start building you evidence now. When you appeal you can always explain that you were unaware of the need to provide evidence so you started as soon as you found out.

You may want a baby soon but perhaps this is not the best time, you really don't want to be in that situation and stressed out. Inshallah that will all happen in due course. If you decide to visit your husband you could always see the doctor and get something.

Does your husband use e-mail/msn/yahoo etc?

Please, please don't panic as that's when mistakes are made.

hafsa_khan
Newly Registered

Post by hafsa_khan » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:28 am

Salam all,jazakallah for caring amr2010. my situatioon at home is unbeliveable believe me. But if inshallah i can bring my husband i could always rent a place straight away, i have never lived off public funds as my parents dont believe its right and also because i wasnt allowed to work in the past they fed me. but now im thinking about my future.

About the appeal, dont i have to give any new evidence i have before i submit the appeal notice within the 28 days which runs out in 2 weeks time?, after that can i still present evidence leading to the appeal which may be 10 months or so? and also i have been away for over 2 years from him, can i not go bangladesh and that way i can give my stamped passport as evidence to show i am visiting him and also if i do fall pregnant inshallah then isnt that another proof? asuming i can give any new evidence up unitl the appeal hearing date?

i dont know if its worth starting mobile phoning now as i may not be able to show it within the 28 days time and also i dont know how to go about getting the billing

hafsa_khan
Newly Registered

Post by hafsa_khan » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:31 am

no husband doesnt have email or any of that eg yahoo etc. its such mobile texting and cards i think i can show only :(

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:30 am

salam and thanks amr

I understood your point...I can only go for a few weeks so cant hang til I get an answer from the visa people. on batleykhans document, he mentioned you have to attend a biometic assessment..,is this the same as the appoint you have to make to hand in the case at Gerrys?

Ps. how long does a Pak passport take?

Thanks again

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:58 am

Salam Hafsa,

You sound v.stressed but please dont be. Everything would be fine iALLAH. You need to think clearly.

here is what I think you need to do:

I'm assuming the visa people told you, you have 28 days to register your intention to appeal...or something similiar. So thats the first thing you need to be doing. Like batleykhan said, you can be appealing and at the same time preparing a fresh case. and then whichever seems better a few months later, take that option. but now just register your intention to appeal...keep this door open for you.

2. forget babies and bangaladesh for now...its too early to be thinking about this. once they give you an appeal date - thats when you actually know if you have enough months spare to go Bangladesh. your thinking too far ahead which is a good thing but you need the appeal date to decide properly.

3. you need to address the reason why they said no visa-no proof of contact. so begin to collect evidence.what sim do you have at the moment?each sim comes in a welcome pack which should have a customer services number...speak to them about billing...its easy to get a bill so dont worry about that. if your texting a few times a week, the bill will show this. if you call from the sim (which is expensive) just for £1, then again its evidence. just make sure ur sim+his sim are in ur names and not in family members as the bill would come through on the names you provided.

hafsa_khan
Newly Registered

Post by hafsa_khan » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:22 pm

Salam,

its complicated situation. husband is not well is stressing about my situation too. i need to go because its over 2 years ive been here and i miss him. i wanted to go a year ago but was stopped.
if i register for ap

when i submit for appeal its will take nothing shorter than 6 months. i could always register appeal and then go to bangladesh, and get my bro in law to check wen my appeal date is so i can come back before then, but i wish to God i didnt have to attend the hearing cos it will cause even more problems for me.

the sim is vodafone and was a mobile gift i got for my wedding. i dont know if its registered in my brothers name or not even registered at all. also if i have 2 weeks left to register appeal, it will be difficult to collect more evidence within that time, especially if i have to register, then ring with mobile for several months to husband and then get billing i wont be able to do that within 2 weeks.

do i carryon collecting new evidence even after handing in the appeal form as i thought u have to hand in all new evidence within 28 days? can anyone enlighten me please

saw
Newly Registered

Post by saw » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:27 pm

gytdr

saw
Newly Registered

Post by saw » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:46 pm

salam every one settlement visa applied on 14/01/2010 got email ukhub.pakistangeneralenquiries@fco.gov.uk on 05/02/2010 saying decision has been made on your visa application you will be contacted shortly through gerrys int in due course and emil from visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk on 07/02/2010 saying this type of application is lodged in pakistan and processed in the uk i have checked on the status on your application and can confirm that your application has been processed and on visa tracker the status still say application forwarded to islamabad oc on can any one please tell me how long can they take to call for collection from lahore many thanks

saw
Newly Registered

Post by saw » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:53 pm

salam every one settlement visa applied on 14/01/2010 got email ukhub.pakistangeneralenquiries@fco.gov.uk on 05/02/2010 saying decision has been made on your visa application you will be contacted shortly through gerrys int in due course and emil from visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk on 07/02/2010 saying this type of application is lodged in pakistan and processed in the uk i have checked on the status on your application and can confirm that your application has been processed and on visa tracker the status still say application forwarded to islamabad oc on can any one please tell me how long can they take to call for collection from lahore many thanks

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:03 pm

hafsa_khan wrote:no husband doesnt have email or any of that eg yahoo etc. its such mobile texting and cards i think i can show only :(
Hafsa - get yourself a lycamobile http://www.lycamobile.co.uk/index.aspx which allows you to view your call statements online.

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:40 pm

How strict are the ECOs on contact? Are they just looking for proof of contact or do you need to prove a specific amount of contact?

In my case my wife and I speak speak on the phone every second day, sometimes everyday. I use a calling card service so my home phone shows the access number. I also use my vodafone mobile to text (average 3 texts a day) which shows her number.

Recently my wife has started to call me from her Ufone which she can get a statement for. She couldn't call me the first 3 weeks of January because she had to sit her uni exams. The Jan - Feb home phone bill was massive compared to the other bills I included in the application.

I included a letter in the application which stated that I used the calling card service due to international calls being so expensive, that we text each other daily and the reason she could not initially phone me was because of her exams and studies (I still phoned her in the evening).

I have also sent her a greeting card a week before sending the application and documents to her which I will ask her to include.

I don't think there is much more that I can do, will this be sufficient?

Jazakallah khier

Saga

Post by Saga » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:17 pm

What about Skype calls as evidence ? You can view upto 6 months itemised history of all calls from your account and take snapshots..

Saga

Post by Saga » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:22 pm

I don't think there is much more that I can do, will this be sufficient?
I am no expert but sufficiency also depends on the amount of time you are married before making an application. The longer it is, more the doubt in the subsistenance of the marraige.

I think you have provided everything you can... Good luck !

nasxtra
Newly Registered

waiting times

Post by nasxtra » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:18 pm

Saw: I applied same date as you and have also got the same msgs from UKHUB and Abudubai telling me that application has been processed in uk.

The tracking status has remained unchanged: forwarded to Islamabad OC on

I applied at the Islamabad office.

Sounds like all these emails are generic responses, becoause no actual dates timescales etc mentioned.

Date of application: 14/01/2010
Application type: Settlement
Submitted: Islamabad

t_kaay

Post by t_kaay » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:19 pm

posted in error

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:22 pm

Saga / others,

Do you know how to take the snapshots you mentioned in Skype for evidence of call history? - I use Skype alot and dont want to show ALL my calls/texts but dont know how to filter to just the calls/texts that i need to show....can any1 help?

There is a 'export to excel' feature but this is not professional and looks like the user has typed everything himself!

Any input would be appreciated

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:49 pm

RHussain07 wrote:Saga / others,

Do you know how to take the snapshots you mentioned in Skype for evidence of call history? - I use Skype alot and dont want to show ALL my calls/texts but dont know how to filter to just the calls/texts that i need to show....can any1 help?

There is a 'export to excel' feature but this is not professional and looks like the user has typed everything himself!

Any input would be appreciated
Why not show all the calls? It would make your call log it appear more authentic.

You can take screen shots in windows my pressing 'Print Screen or 'PRTSC' on the keyboard. You then launch Paint and paste it in. You can now save and print it.

hafsa_khan
Newly Registered

Post by hafsa_khan » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:01 pm

what else did they ask and how many ppl were there asking him questions? please tell me more about the appeal hearing as i am dreading it if it happens

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:35 pm

hafsa_khan wrote:my parents are strict, they wont allow me to go to appeal as they dont like my hubby but i love him and want him here. i will have to fight to attend. but if i fall pregnant wen i go bangldesh then wen i come back i will not be fit to go and they wont let me i am in such a dilema ( i desparately want a baby soon)

Your application seems abit fishy to me. If you have go nothing to hide and all your paper work is in check why dont you want to go to the appeal hearing ?

It seems like your looking for reason for not going to the appeal hearing.

Firstly - Your parents wont let you go because they dont like your husband.

Secondly - your asking if you get pregnant then you wont let you go to the appeal.

What was the exact reason of your refusal you still have not provided that.

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:11 am

Hi,

Any idea what's happening with the medical centres in Lahore/Islamabad? I want to book a TB test but for days their numbers just keep ringing out, no one is picking up the phone.

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:31 am

amer,

they have multiple numbers right? are all ringing out?

try contacting Gerrys or try contacting OISC and ask whats happening perhaps?

Anyone else know whats going on/?

nasxtra
Newly Registered

Post by nasxtra » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:20 pm

Application date 1/14/2010

Status Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same

status changed today...please make dua that its good news and I will be reunited with my wife and kids :?