ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:53 pm

southdubliner wrote:Hi to all.......Guess what....reached home almost half an hour ago and ITS HERE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>50 MONTHS WAIT IS OVER.....
Applied April 2007.
Additional docs requested in Oct 2008.
No further communication till today.....
Will ring court tomorrow to get the date for OATH....
Thanks ye all for the support and information on this very very helpful forum....
Congratulations mate. Another good news. Is Alan Shatter the best or what?! :P Go on Alan.

As we say way back in root: " nutting do you"! :wink: :lol:

9jeirean
Last edited by 9jeirean on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:55 pm

Marisa wrote:GREAT NEWS, IRISH PHAROE!!!
I am relieved to hear you got an approval despite getting JB and being temporarily laid-off work!
It is truly a miracle..You can exhale now.
Accept my hearty congratulations!
Yours is next Marisa, yours is nest :wink:

A family friend who also lost his job since October last got his approval today. So it looks like nothing to worry about for those who may have lost their jobs recently.

9jeirean

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:12 pm

9jeirean wrote:
Marisa wrote:GREAT NEWS, IRISH PHAROE!!!
I am relieved to hear you got an approval despite getting JB and being temporarily laid-off work!
It is truly a miracle..You can exhale now.
Accept my hearty congratulations!
Yours is next Marisa, yours is nest :wink:

A family friend who also lost his job since October last got his approval today. So it looks like nothing to worry about for those who may have lost their jobs recently.

9jeirean
9J, is 110% right earlier he told me not to worry and it came true
so thanks you again 9j
peace on you

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:06 pm

Yours is next Marisa, yours is nest

Thank you, 9jeirean...You are indeed reading my mind. Nothing is hidden from your all seeing eye :D
Well..Whereas I did not personally benefit from Mr. Shatter's recent undertakings, I do take my hat off to you Sir!

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:07 pm

Lads,
As I'm away on holidays just I received a scaned copy of my letter from friend who told me about the letter.
they are asking for travel document, and I think that is not applicable to me beccause I'm 5 years working visa.

So hwat should I send is
1- the yellow form
2-950 bank draft
3-2 recent photos
and that's all
Am I right or wrong?

Aslo they mentioned that I have to act promptly otherwise there will be hike on the fees of the cert.
is that part of the letter is usual or it is new?

I can not explain how much I'm happy guys
wishing all the best for all the other who will get their approvals soon
peace on you

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:11 pm

Aceform wrote:It's just couple of old folks left here without approval letters.

c'mon the Mary's sort us out please.........
Remember Nietzsche?
"What does not kill me, makes me stronger."

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:13 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:also the great Nanette who helped me in writing a very promissing letter to the INIS when I sent my further documents
Nanette is simply the best.

monte

Post by monte » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:44 pm

I'm happy for all the people who got their approval recently, i kinda getting more and more frustrated with this discriminating system as i applied in June 2008 and working my socks off since 2003 and payed thousands in taxes and still being discriminated on because of my original nationality.
i can't see any other reason as 5 other doctors of the same nationality all of us waiting 36 months and more.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:07 am

monte wrote:I'm happy for all the people who got their approval recently, i kinda getting more and more frustrated with this discriminating system as i applied in June 2008 and working my socks off since 2003 and payed thousands in taxes and still being discriminated on because of my original nationality.
i can't see any other reason as 5 other doctors of the same nationality all of us waiting 36 months and more.
Is there a trend among your nationality do you think that they are not approving your apps. You mentioned doctors how about any other profession, do you know anyone who got approval. I wouldn't go as far as discrimination, delay perhaps.

crown

Post by crown » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:09 am

I got my passport today ....feels real good
Looking for somewhere to go next week for 2 days and fly across the immigration desk at the airport on my way back
Good luck to all the latest paddies who got recently. Thank God the queue is moving - at least the government can make some money Each applicant pays €950 you know
Crown

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:54 am

crown wrote:I got my passport today ....feels real good
Looking for somewhere to go next week for 2 days and fly across the immigration desk at the airport on my way back
Good luck to all the latest paddies who got recently. Thank God the queue is moving - at least the government can make some money Each applicant pays €950 you know
Crown
Congrats Crown
What did the passport office asked you to submitt with the application?
What I find that you can submitt your driving license instead of your passport or they are asking for the passport itself also for the birth certificate should it be certified?
peace on you

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:48 am

Marisa wrote:

I did not personally benefit from Mr. Shatter's recent undertakings, !
same here......

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:49 am

Crown
congrats mate.

Yes the government is definitely making some dosh out of this.

10000 applications approved will net them 10 million :-)

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:50 am

monte wrote:I'm happy for all the people who got their approval recently, i kinda getting more and more frustrated with this discriminating system as i applied in June 2008 and working my socks off since 2003 and payed thousands in taxes and still being discriminated on because of my original nationality.
don't worry monte, yours is on the way along with all other of your doctor friends. It should be there by the end of next week.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:50 am

don't worry monte, yours is on the way along with all other of your doctor friends. It should be there by the end of next week.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:54 am

Hi IRISH PHAROE,

I am trully happy that your yellow form has come. It paid off...:)-
Many congratulations.

You need to return your GNIB card as well when you come back.
If I was you, I would try to book court now and so when you come back everything is ready. Also prepare the 950 euros...Ouch.!!

Here's what you need to do as soon as you have your CoN and passport.
If your wife has not received a yellow letter yet, ask her to update INIS with her social situation changing, that's you, her heartful husband becoming irish. This means, she'll write a nice letter and also include copies (scanned) of your CoN and Irish passport.

That's what I advised Adura to do for his wife, and may have paid off, she irish now too.

Many congratulations Pharoe.

There but, for the Grace of God, go I.

Nanette (an bho dhearg)

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:56 am

Marisa,

your time is very close. Yellow is the new trend and it is on its way. Yellow is coming for ya. Yellow is close now.

Be like water.

Nanette (an bho dhearg)

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:59 am

Marisa wrote:
Aceform wrote:It's just couple of old folks left here without approval letters.

c'mon the Mary's sort us out please.........
Remember Nietzsche?
"What does not kill me, makes me stronger."
Very true Marisa. I'm sure time will come.

The postman has passed today, so nothing for me today. I'll look forward for him tomorrow with a can of guinness :-)

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:01 am

Crown may I suggest somewhere to go ?

Recommendation: Being a place you've never been ?
Nanette

Crown

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:01 am

Marisa wrote:

Thank you, 9jeirean...You are indeed reading my mind. Nothing is hidden from your all seeing eye :D
Well..Whereas I did not personally benefit from Mr. Shatter's recent undertakings, I do take my hat off to you Sir!
Also I think the minister's decision to approve the 2010 applications is to be loyal to those applicants. As they would have paid the 500 yoyos for getting their LTR. Whereas the earlier batches got the LTR for free ;-)

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:12 am

monte wrote:I'm happy for all the people who got their approval recently, i kinda getting more and more frustrated with this discriminating system as i applied in June 2008..
Hi monte, sorry to hear your application still hasn't been processed. What is the status of your application now, why is it delayed? If I remember correctly they were awaiting for the Garda report in your case.

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:41 am

nanette wrote:Yellow is the new trend and it is on its way. Yellow is coming for ya. Yellow is close now.
I'm laughing so loud :D
Thanks Nanette love it :)

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:43 am

IRISH PHAROE wrote:Lads,
As I'm away on holidays just I received a scaned copy of my letter from friend who told me about the letter.
they are asking for travel document, and I think that is not applicable to me beccause I'm 5 years working visa.

So hwat should I send is
1- the yellow form
2-950 bank draft
3-2 recent photos
and that's all
Am I right or wrong?

Aslo they mentioned that I have to act promptly otherwise there will be hike on the fees of the cert.
is that part of the letter is usual or it is new?

I can not explain how much I'm happy guys
wishing all the best for all the other who will get their approvals soon
You mustn't forget to include your original GNIB card as well.

9jeirean

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:46 am

Marisa wrote:

Ah no need for that Ma'am :wink: I am happy your optimism is still up. That's the way to go. Soon we'll celebrate with you too.

9jeirean
Last edited by 9jeirean on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:58 am

Hi, Sorry to read about your delay. I was in them same shoe and i can share your frustration. To be fair with the INIS, I have personally not come across any evidence to suggest deliberate discrimination against certain nationalities. Incompetence, indolence, a system not fit for purpose? Oh yes, and big time too,; until Alan came to 'Shatter' the rubbish system that is.

My theory about you and your Doctor friends is that you guys will probably know about each other's cases because you are close friends and you can share timeliness. My guess is that other people of other nationalities who get to shae their timelines might feel exactly as you guys are feeling. Well, the good news is, the backlog is clearing and we have ample evidence to believe that it is happening for all people from different creed and hues. I believe your approvals are on the way, so hang in there just a little more buddy.

My best wishes.

9jeirean
Last edited by 9jeirean on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.