ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Licence for small company

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:57 pm

Hi All,

I checked the register of sponsors on the system and our college's name was on it. DOes that mean we have got the licence?

Also, what would be the next procedure now? I mean how do we apply for COS?

Thanks

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:24 pm

physicskate wrote:Does the SMS ever crash? My head of HR or whatever claims it crashed on him when he was in the middle of completing my CoS. I have every reason to doubt his story.

Kate
Yes is the short answer. There were quite big problems with it earlier this week (Monday and Tuesday) - so they were probably telling the truth.

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:27 pm

skraj wrote:
jibri wrote:Congratulation just want to know where to send urgent treatment request?
Thanks
Thanks...

I have sent to all three ids below,

sponsorlicensing.support@ukba.gsi.gov.uk,

scoc@ukba.gsi.gov.uk,

SponsorProgress@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
sponsorlicensing.support@ukba.gsi.gov.uk has, as far as I'm aware, become an internal only email address - the auto-response suggests customer emails are not dealt with.

scoc@ukba.gsi.gov.uk is for issues relating to existing licences.

SponsorProgress@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk is the best one for requesting urgent treatment.

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:29 pm

JS28 wrote:Hi All,

I checked the register of sponsors on the system and our college's name was on it. DOes that mean we have got the licence?

Also, what would be the next procedure now? I mean how do we apply for COS?

Thanks
Yes, if they're on the register the licence has been approved. CoS may have been granted already, check with your employer. If not, they'll need to request some CoS from the SMS.

This link might help them to use the system:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... er-manual/

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:34 pm

UKBA are now quoting November 1st as the date from which licence applications are being dealt with.

JS28
Member of Standing

Can I extend my tier 2 general?

Post by JS28 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi All,

Thank you Jeeves for your reply. I am so confused about my situation. Can anyone please help me :'(

Here's my situation. I started working for my College on a fixed term contract in December 2011. This was renewed until July 2013. My employer recently got the sponsorship licence. Now, if I get the Tier 2 General visa until July 2013, will I be able to extend it? :(

Should I ask my employer for a permanent contract? Please help me.

Also, does anyone know the email add for UKBA?

JS

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:15 pm

I like this thread is quite now that means all people have got their T2 License.

GREAT

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:28 pm

Muhdkhokhar I am still waiting for :( applied in mid august

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:33 pm

jibri wrote:Muhdkhokhar I am still waiting for :( applied in mid august
hmm you should have received by now.

Ask your employer to check their progress.

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:35 pm

We spoke to them on Thursday. they said haven't dealt with. my visa till March still plenty of time but want to know out come

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:46 pm

jibri wrote:We spoke to them on Thursday. they said haven't dealt with. my visa till March still plenty of time but want to know out come
Thats interesting we applied on 6th Aug and received license last month. weird.

Yeah you have plenty of time left.

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:13 pm

Can anyone please reply to my post :cry:

Thank you

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:17 pm

JS 28 If I was on your place I will ask my employer to make new contract which is valid atleast for three years if they want to keep you permenently. I think thats the best option for you. sorry I don't have email for UKBA.

and others on this forum my company applied in mid Aug and we emailed them regarding status, today we received email that our file still waiting for to review by caseworker :(

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:36 pm

What do others think about my situation? Will I be able to extend my tier 2 general visa if it is only a fixed term contract until July 2013?

I doubt my employer will be making me permanent

Please help :(

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:43 pm

What do others think about my situation? Will I be able to extend my tier 2 general visa if it is only a fixed term contract until July 2013?

I doubt my employer will be making me permanent

Please help :(

TAK
Newly Registered

Please can anyone tell me, which month UKBA is dealing?

Post by TAK » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:50 pm

does somebody know, for which month UKBA dealing with the Tier 2 license applications?

pucalee
Newly Registered

Post by pucalee » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:24 pm

My company applied in mid October and got a phone call asking for more supporting documents two days ago. They requested them urgently so I had to have a short trip to Sheffield yesterday.

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:19 pm

pucalee
Did your company requested the urgent treatment? we applied in mid august and still waiting for result

Jeeves

Re: Please can anyone tell me, which month UKBA is dealing?

Post by Jeeves » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:05 pm

TAK wrote:does somebody know, for which month UKBA dealing with the Tier 2 license applications?
They're now quoting December 10th.

pucalee
Newly Registered

Post by pucalee » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:27 pm

jibri wrote:pucalee
Did your company requested the urgent treatment? we applied in mid august and still waiting for result
No, we didn't. I was about to do that in January.

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:02 pm

any experience member please help
We applied in mid august and have not received any response yet.
My employer contact them and they said that our application still waiting to assign the case worker but i can see application after our date are getting response. whats going on are they just lying to us that our application is waiting for consideration and it might already under consideration or they delaying our application and I am on of unfortunate :(

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:14 am

jibri wrote:any experience member please help
We applied in mid august and have not received any response yet.
My employer contact them and they said that our application still waiting to assign the case worker but i can see application after our date are getting response. whats going on are they just lying to us that our application is waiting for consideration and it might already under consideration or they delaying our application and I am on of unfortunate :(
are you currently in the UK? if so when is your visa expiring?

if your visa is due to expire in the next 10 working days you can request urgent treatment and UKBA will respond.

Tier2
Newly Registered

Re: Please can anyone tell me, which month UKBA is dealing?

Post by Tier2 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:19 pm

First of all, thank you everyone for answering to my queries posted earlier especially Manci and Mudhkhokhar.

My company applied for licence on 1st August and it was refused on 6th December as we could not meet the deadline to send signed documents. We applied again on 10th December and had to pay the fees yet again. This morning, I got a forwarded email from my boss which says

"You have been nominated as a Level 1 user as part of the sponsor licensing process under the new Points Based System (PBS) administered by the UK Border Agency.

We have now activated your Sponsorship Management System (SMS) account which will allow you (on behalf of your organisation) to assign Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies/ Certificates of Sponsorship to sponsor migrants under PBS."
Jeeves wrote:
TAK wrote:does somebody know, for which month UKBA dealing with the Tier 2 license applications?
They're now quoting December 10th.
Jeeves. You were absolutely right. Thank you all.

TAK
Newly Registered

Thanks Jeeves

Post by TAK » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:22 pm

many thanks Jeeves, but we have applied in late october for licence, we haven't heard anything yet, could you please throw some light on it?

narenz
India

Current processing application month

Post by narenz » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:23 am

Any changes as to which month UKBA dealing with the Tier 2 license applications? Does anyone has any info? My company re applied for license on Nov 18th.