ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Actually, a very bad news for Tier 1 general holders

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

trumpi
Newly Registered

Re: Actually, a very bad news for Tier 1 general holders

Post by trumpi » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:10 am

I think I've figured this out.

I have a holiday that I took between jobs, and the new rules bothered me quite a lot.

Then I noticed something on the caseworker guidance: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... eriods.pdf

If you click the link on the left that says "Absences which may be disregarded", then you are taken to a section in the document that has a header "Absences which will not break continuity in the continuous period", which is very like a typo. This is the section that mentions documentation for business related trips, annual leave, etc.

I reckon that business related trips do not count towards your 180 day limit and therefore no documentation is required when you fall under the limit - you can just give a reason for your absences and you'll be done. This interpretation is also quite consistent with the many reports we are getting from people who have successfully applied for ILR.

RRSB2012

Post by RRSB2012 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:19 pm

HI,

Can someone please advise, if the requirement of 5 year continuous period is for main applicant or is it for dependents as well?
If it is for dependents, do we need to provide the same documentation for dependents such as letter from employer etc?

Would appreciate your help
Thanks
R

bhp

Post by bhp » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:36 am

for dependants, it is 5 years depending on when they first applied for their entry clearance. If it is before 9th July 2012, then 2 years of continous stay else it is 5 years.