ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

netqueen
South Africa

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Post by netqueen » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:51 pm

mubashir1981 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:32 pm
Snooky have u made application for pre action protocol if yes how much was it cost u?
Hi mubashir1981,

Kindly fill us in. If you have started the pre action protocol as I think it is about time I also take that pre action protocol route since my application for settled status has been pending for a while now. Biometrics done on the 12 of July 2019 and still no news .

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:11 pm

netqueen wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:51 pm
mubashir1981 wrote:
Snooky have u made application for pre action protocol if yes how much was it cost u?
Hi mubashir1981,

Kindly fill us in. If you have started the pre action protocol as I think it is about time I also take that pre action protocol route since my application for settled status has been pending for a while now. Biometrics done on the 12 of July 2019 and still no news .
I received my coa on 20th aug. Whn i spoke to solicitors he said its too early for pap need to wait atleast 6 month and it will cost 600 ponds. And then court fee 2000.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:28 pm

mubashir1981 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:01 pm
snooky wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:32 pm
mubashir1981 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:32 am
Looks like home office put all zambrano application on side and decided not go give decision on it. :mrgreen:
Hello

Once again you’re right

Home Office is trying to put a hold to peoples faith.

Remember, you’re still entitle to DRR as a Zambrano carer and that wouldnt affect your settled status application should you apply for aswell.

Try get a lawyer to do PRE ACTION PROTOCOL (PAP) for you and your case for settled status would be considered quick

No that so many people have since applied for the scheme since 1st of August when Zambrano was officially started.

Good luck
Hi snooky.
2day my fee waiver application has been refused due ti silly things they said even i have disable child. Aany way i alreday made dfr1 card application as well.
Spoke to eu resolution center and my EU Settlement Scheme application still u der process its not vaired yet as i have not made ltr application yet as fee waiver did not approve.

I also spoke to a solicitor for pre action protocol he is asking for 600 and he said u need to wait for 6 month atleast otherwise ur 600 will b waste.
Mubashir1981

Nice chatting again

I told you Home Office is insensitive. Trust me to get a fee waiver through, you would have to Show that you have Home but not food or food not Home.

Moreover Home Office has a credibility problem and makes everyone a criminal untill proven guilty.

What you should have done with the fee waiver was to get social services or a qualified social worker to do an assessment on you then you again have to add expense accounts to show them how you spend your money. This must also include almost 2,5 years bank statement to qualify.

Good you have the Zambrano derivative application in. It strengthening your case. As the rules say, you can have settled status application and derivative rights at the same time and also on-going.

Remember pre action protocol can be taken at anytime whilst your case has been delayed unlawfully. The guidance for Zambrano didnt say 6 month to expect a decision.

Home Office is playing first class citizens card here and as a TCN, meaning third country national you have to be treated as equal as an EEA national. Anything contrary is discrimination and you have to seek justice.

The difference between TCN and EEA national is country of birth and Home Office is wrong for doing segregation.

You can do your own pre action protocol.

Let them know you are serious and your case has been delayed unlawfully.

Topsibelle

Post by Topsibelle » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:39 pm

This is a general advice....

Please and please if you are the Zambrano track via derivative residence card do not be tempted to apply for the 2.5 years leave to remain. It's both expensive and unnecessary. I know it's easier for to say because I've been granted, but believe me the settlement scheme is your best bet, please wait it out.

I'm not be being patronising, you know I've been there and l completely understand but paying for what you can get free is not worth it. Especially for us that have been years of taxes and because of where we were born are not entitled to basic benefits.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:48 pm

mubashir1981 wrote:
Yes I have

Before I will go to Court for my Zambrano appeal. My Court Bundles and pre action protocol and further action was £1200

Ugofify

Post by Ugofify » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:56 pm

mubashir1981 wrote:
snooky wrote:
mubashir1981 wrote:
Looks like home office put all zambrano application on side and decided not go give decision on it. :mrgreen:
Hello

Once again you’re right

Remember, you’re still entitle to DRR as a Zambrano carer and that wouldnt affect your settled status application should you apply for aswell.

Try get a lawyer to do PRE ACTION PROTOCOL (PAP) for you and your case for settled status would be considered quick

No that so many people have since applied for the scheme since 1st of August when Zambrano was officially started.

Good luck
Hi snooky.
2day my fee waiver application has been refused due ti silly things they said even i have disable child. Aany way i alreday made dfr1 card application as well.

Spoke to eu resolution center and my EU Settlement Scheme application still u der process its not vaired yet as i have not made ltr application yet as fee waiver did not approve.

I also spoke to a solicitor for pre action protocol he is asking for 600 and he said u need to wait for 6 month atleast otherwise ur 600 will b waste.

For your fee waiver to succeed you must show destitution and sending in your bank statement is not enough.you need you bank statement annotated explaining every single transaction ,state your income and expenditure ,get people who transferred money into your account to explain what it is for and if they can or can't support you any further.
But my advice will be to wait for Eu settlement scheme cos it's free.

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:20 am

snooky wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:28 pm
mubashir1981 wrote:
snooky wrote:
mubashir1981 wrote:
Hello

Once again you’re right

Good luck
Hi snooky.

Mubashir1981

Nice chatting again

I told you Home Office is insensitive. Trust me to get a fee waiver through, you would have to Show that you have Home but not food or food not Home.

Moreover Home Office has a credibility problem and makes everyone a criminal untill proven guilty.

What you should have done with the fee waiver was to get social services or a qualified social worker to do an assessment on you then you again have to add expense accounts to show them how you spend your money. This must also include almost 2,5 years bank statement to qualify.

Good you have the Zambrano derivative application in. It strengthening your case. As the rules say, you can have settled status application and derivative rights at the same time and also on-going.

Remember pre action protocol can be taken at anytime whilst your case has been delayed unlawfully. The guidance for Zambrano didnt say 6 month to expect a decision.

Home Office is playing first class citizens card here and as a TCN, meaning third country national you have to be treated as equal as an EEA national. Anything contrary is discrimination and you have to seek justice.

The difference between TCN and EEA national is country of birth and Home Office is wrong for doing segregation.

Hi again

I am.not going to submit fee waiver again now i want to wait for pre settle status and drf1 application.
Dont wana do PAP at this stage i think its to early need to wait at least 5 monts. Let us know if u do and get any response.
Can u plz tell me if homeoffice refuse my application drf1 saying child is not required to leave as i have not made application under artical 8. Then how much it cost to go for apeal and also tell do u get any money back if u won case?

Topsibelle

Post by Topsibelle » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:30 am

mubashir1981 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:20 am
snooky wrote:
mubashir1981 wrote:
snooky wrote:

Hello

Once again you’re right

Good luck
Hi snooky.

Mubashir1981

Nice chatting again

Hi again

I am.not going to submit fee waiver again now i want to wait for pre settle status and drf1 application.
Dont wana do PAP at this stage i think its to early need to wait at least 5 monts. Let us know if u do and get any response.
Can u plz tell me if homeoffice refuse my application drf1 saying child is not required to leave as i have not made application under artical 8. Then how much it cost to go for apeal and also tell do u get any money back if u won case?
Oral appeal is £140
Written appeal is £80
If Home office loses the appeal, and you win, they will have to refund you the appeal fees and grant your derivative residence.

This is a better route and the court will send you a bundle of what the Home Office has I.e your immigration history.

You have a 99% chance of success with this appeal.

alana7
Grenada

Post by alana7 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:27 am

Hi everyone. Glad you're back Topsibelle. I got my CoA yesterday for the Settlement scheme but it said that it relies on previous rights for those of us who have never held brp to prove working status. I had a previous COA from my refused Zambrano application in June but it expired in September does that mean I can work with this new one although I knew it was invalid in July as I tried to change jobs and the prospective employer never got back to me about the ecs.

Topsibelle

Post by Topsibelle » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:34 am

alana7 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:27 am
Hi everyone. Glad you're back Topsibelle. I got my CoA yesterday for the Settlement scheme but it said that it relies on previous rights for those of us who have never held brp to prove working status. I had a previous COA from my refused Zambrano application in June but it expired in September does that mean I can work with this new one although I knew it was invalid in July as I tried to change jobs and the prospective employer never got back to me about the ecs.
Hi Alana,

Thanks.

As long as you have a valid COA it doesn't matter from which application you can work with it. If your employer has an issue with it, then they can verify with ECS. That's what l did and it worked.

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:25 pm

Topsibelle wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:30 am
mubashir1981 wrote:
snooky wrote:
mubashir1981 wrote:

Hi snooky.

Mubashir1981

Nice chatting again

Hi again

Oral appeal is £140
Written appeal is £80
If Home office loses the appeal, and you win, they will have to refund you the appeal fees and grant your derivative residence.

This is a better route and the court will send you a bundle of what the Home Office has I.e your immigration history.

Just googled it it says it has beeb increased 140 to 800 since oct 2016. When download apeal form it says fee is140. :oops:

Topsibelle

Post by Topsibelle » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:42 pm

mubashir1981 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:25 pm
Topsibelle wrote:
mubashir1981 wrote:
snooky wrote:

Mubashir1981

Nice chatting again

Hi again

Oral appeal is £140
Written appeal is £80

Just googled it it says it has beeb increased 140 to 800 since oct 2016. When download apeal form it says fee is140. :oops:
The oral appeal for my refused Derivative residence that l paid in June 2019 is £140. I don't know what you are checking.
Any increases in immigration fees are done at the beginning of a financial year which is April.
It's best to believe people who have lived an experience than Google.

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:42 pm

Topsibelle wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:42 pm
mubashir1981 wrote:
Topsibelle wrote:
mubashir1981 wrote:

Hi again

Oral appeal is £140
Written appeal is £80

The oral appeal for my refused Derivative residence that l paid in June 2019 is £140. I don't know what you are checking.
Any increases in immigration fees are done at the beginning of a financial year which is April.
Thanks so do i have to pay double if there r two primary carer refused ?

Topsibelle

Post by Topsibelle » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:46 pm

mubashir1981 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:42 pm
Topsibelle wrote:
mubashir1981 wrote:
Topsibelle wrote:

Oral appeal is £140
Written appeal is £80

No

I paid £140 for myself and my husband as joint carers for a British citizen. It's linked.

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:31 pm

mubashir1981 wrote:
Topsibelle wrote:
mubashir1981 wrote:
Topsibelle wrote:

Oral appeal is £140
Written appeal is £80

Really appreciate ur help. Can we go in court ouself or we really need ro get solicitor. Last question.

Topsibelle

Post by Topsibelle » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:45 pm

mubashir1981 wrote:
Topsibelle wrote:
mubashir1981 wrote:
Topsibelle wrote:

Oral appeal is £140
Written appeal is £80

Topsibelle

Post by Topsibelle » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:48 pm

Topsibelle wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:45 pm
mubashir1981 wrote:
Topsibelle wrote:
mubashir1981 wrote:

Honestly you don't need a lawyer, it's a cut out case and the judge knows you are not a lawyer. Currently EU law supersedes domestic law.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:20 am

mubashir1981 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:31 pm
mubashir1981 wrote:
Topsibelle wrote:
mubashir1981 wrote:

Really appreciate ur help. Can we go in court ouself or we really need ro get solicitor. Last question.
Hi mubashir1981

Hope you are crisp

You dont need a barrister as Topsibelle has said.

But legal works are very complex and to do Bundles are complicated. So you actually need a solicitor to sort that one for you.

On the day of Court too, considering meeting a bully Respondent's barrister who is there to convince a Judge with law of precedents that you have no knowledge about. That is a bit dangerous.

Remember you’re all there to sell yourself for the Judge to make a decision.

Think about it

Topsibelle

Post by Topsibelle » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:37 am

snooky wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:20 am
mubashir1981 wrote:
mubashir1981 wrote:
Topsibelle wrote:

Hi mubashir1981

Hope you are crisp

But legal works are very complex and to do Bundles are complicated. So you actually need a solicitor to sort that one for you.

On the day of Court too, considering meeting a bully Respondent's barrister who is there to convince a Judge with law of precedents that you have no knowledge about. That is a bit dangerous.

Think about it
Hi Snooky,

I really think judges are aware that if you are representing yourself you are a rookie and are more lenient.

You cited a number of precedent cases and if our guy, Mubasir familiarises himself with them he should be fine. However, if you are not confident, it does take a bit of steel, I will advise wait for the outcome of your settlement scheme application. I'm sure it will come out before your appeal date.

You have a limited window to appeal against your Zambrano residence refusal.

Melislyashley
Newly Registered
Benin

Post by Melislyashley » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:27 pm

Hi everyone when do they start counting the 5 years from? From te date Derivative was granted or when the child was born lol. I have been a single parent since my daughter was born in 2012 however I stayed on my EU family visa until it expired in Oct 2014 and was granted Derivative under Zambrano in November 2015. I did make an in time application.
I am applying for settled status, sending all documents next week so l was just wondering wen they will count the 5 years from.

May36
Newly Registered
England

Post by May36 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:08 am

Hi everyone, pleased to join this forum it's been helpful and educative . I have got a question , if anyone can help pls . I have applied under the eu settlement scheme as a parent to a british child , I have got 2.5 years leave to remain biometric card which is valid until 2021. I applied back in July , still waiting like the most of us on here . Is okay to travel when I have a pending application under EU Settlement Scheme ?
Thankyou .

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:09 pm

Yes you can travel with ur current card so far as it is stil valid throughout your journey. I have traveled twice and returned back to UK although my application is pending like yours.
They sent back my passport and biometric card so yes you can travel whiles you have these.

May36
Newly Registered
England

Post by May36 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:38 pm

Thankyou njazzy , Am grateful 🙏

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:51 pm

Melislyashley wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:27 pm
Hi everyone when do they start counting the 5 years from? From te date Derivative was granted or when the child was born lol. I have been a single parent since my daughter was born in 2012 however I stayed on my EU family visa until it expired in Oct 2014 and was granted Derivative under Zambrano in November 2015. I did make an in time application.
I am applying for settled status, sending all documents next week so l was just wondering wen they will count the 5 years from.
Hi hope you well

Now to your question about how the 5 years continuous counting is done, the Home Office has made it clear that under the EU Settlement Scheme, the caseworkers' guidance page 72 last paragraph,

"Under rule EU13, the reference in condition 3 in rule EU11 to the applicant completing a continuous qualifying period of 5 years can include a period during which the applicant was a family member of a qualifying British citizen or a family member who has retained the right of residence by virtue of a relationship with a qualifying British citizen before becoming (as the case may be) a relevant EEA
citizen, a family member of a relevant EEA citizen (or thereafter a family member who has retained the right of residence by virtue of a relationship with a relevant EEA citizen), a person with a derivative right to reside or a person with a Zambrano right to reside".

This means from the day you became a qualifying person before being a family member. The Home Office should confirm that by issuing you a derivative residence card. So since your child first became a british.

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:36 am

snooky wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:20 am
mubashir1981 wrote:
mubashir1981 wrote:
Topsibelle wrote:

Hi mubashir1981

Hope you are crisp

Think about it
Hi
I posted derivative card application 4th nov fee deduction next day. Still no letrer for biomatric or any acknowledgement letter. Do i need biomatric again even i had it in euss application?
If yes how long it take to get biomatric letter.