ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

skasyap
India

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by skasyap » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:52 pm

gk642 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:11 pm
I got an update about facial image from UKVCAS an hour ago. Pasting the content about the app and expected rollout:
To allow biometrics to be reused for some customers, UKVI and UKVCAS (UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services) have worked together to develop a way to submit facial images using a new UKVCAS Identity Verification app (referred to below as IDV app).

The IDV app lets you submit application information to UKVI without having to book or attend an appointment with UKVCAS. This new, free to use, way of submitting information to UKVI will involve you taking a photo of yourself and uploading supporting information onto your mobile device. The IDV app is quick and easy to use and works on most Android and iPhones.

When will the IDV app be available?

Rollout of the IDV app will take place in phases, beginning in August. We will invite eligible customers to use the new IDV app rather than require you to book an appointment at a UKVCAS service point.

UKVI have identified that you are eligible to use the IDV app, as UKVI can use biometrics you have previously provided.
Thanks for sharing the information.

Did you get an email from UCVCAS on a separate enquiry ? Or it came by itself ?

Sorry When did u apply for citizenship?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:55 pm

@skasyap

Many members have reported to receive this NEW email from UKVCAS. That is the next step forward. I reckon everyone will receive this in due course as for now applicants who applied in March/April reported it.

OP(gk642) applied on 27th March 2020.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:16 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:55 pm
@skasyap

Many members have reported to receive this NEW email from UKVCAS. That is the next step forward. I reckon everyone will receive this in due course as for now applicants who applied in March/April reported it.

OP(gk642) applied on 27th March 2020.
Oh thanks a lot For sharing the info CULLIAN. God knows how many times I have checked my email, do not know when this will be over 😐

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:34 pm

I applied on 22nd June and I just received the “IDV app” email @ 23:18

Subject: UKVCAS biometrics reuse update
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:39 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:34 pm

Good news for you then.
Hummm, I applied back in May and still no email.

fanta
United Kingdom

Post by fanta » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:41 pm

I applied on 2nd Apil and finally received communication today regarding biometric reuse which is what has been reported in this discussion earlier.

".....
What does this mean for me?
For most customers, using the IDV app means you will not have to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point.

An invitation will be sent for you to use the new IDV app within the next few weeks, with further details about how to the use IDV app and the next steps.

What if I want to book an appointment and not use the IDV app?
The key advantage of the IDV app is you don’t have to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point. If you urgently need a decision about your application, (for example because you need to travel outside of the UK), the option to book an appointment is still available..."

Ok, now we know there will be an App but again the instruction will be sent in "next few weeks"?!

It states that if you need a decision quickly (and not wait for the app), you can opt-out and get a book an appointment after 10 August. Understandably, I will still want to get an appointment to get a decision quickly and I had to wait for all this time for nothing!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:02 am

Full text of email:

“ We recently wrote to tell you that UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) is changing the way it processes applications in response to COVID-19. For some customers, this involves reusing biometrics (fingerprints and photograph) that have been recorded in a previous application as part of the process to verify your identity, consider your application and/or produce a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).

To allow biometrics to be reused for some customers, UKVI and UKVCAS (UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services) have worked together to develop a way to submit facial images using a new UKVCAS Identity Verification app (referred to below as IDV app).

The IDV app lets you submit application information to UKVI without having to book or attend an appointment with UKVCAS. This new, free to use, way of submitting information to UKVI will involve you taking a photo of yourself and uploading supporting information onto your mobile device. The IDV app is quick and easy to use and works on most Android and iPhones.

When will the IDV app be available?

Rollout of the IDV app will take place in phases, beginning in August. We will invite eligible customers to use the new IDV app rather than require you to book an appointment at a UKVCAS service point.

UKVI have identified that you are eligible to use the IDV app, as UKVI can use biometrics you have previously provided.

Please be reassured that your immigration status remains unaffected whilst your application is in progress.

What does this mean for me?

For most customers, using the IDV app means you will not have to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point.

An invitation will be sent for you to use the new IDV app within the next few weeks, with further details about how to the use IDV app and the next steps.
What do I need to do next?

If you are happy to use the IDV app, you don’t need to do anything. We will be in touch within the next few weeks to invite you to use the new IDV app.

See Questions and Answers below
What if I need an outcome on my application due to compassionate or emergency reasons?

Please contact UKVI for further information here.
Please note, your immigration status will not be affected in the meantime. If you do not have a passport or a travel document, please contact UKVI for further advice.

If you need further information, please see Questions and Answers below.

Kind regards,

UKVCAS

Please note that we will never send an email to ask you to provide payment details.

This email address is not monitored. If your question is not answered above, please check our website.

Questions and Answers

What if I can’t download the IDV app on my phone?

If you are unable to use the new IDV app, you will be able to book an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point.

The key advantage of the IDV app is you don’t have to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point. If you urgently need a decision about your application, (for example because you need to travel outside of the UK), the option to book an appointment is still available. See next steps below.
Note: If you are part of a group, applicants must either ALL use the IDV app or ALL book an appointment.

Here are the steps to follow:

Send UKVCAS an email from your UKVCAS registered email address to admin.ukvas@soprasteria.com by Friday 7 August.

Include the words ‘OPT OUT’ and your 16-digit Unique Application Number(UAN) as the subject line.

In the email, state your name (and the names of other applicants in your group if applicable) and that you want to opt out of the IDV app.
If you opt out on or up to 7 August 2020, UKVCAS will send you an email during week commencing 10 August 2020 inviting you to book an appointment at a UKVCAS service point.”

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:04 am

skasyap wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:39 pm
CULLINAN wrote:

Good news for you then.
Dont worry you will receive soon also. Now I am confused to opt out OR go with the flow. What I dont want is to be pushed back in the queue if i opt out!!!

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:14 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:04 am
skasyap wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:

Good news for you then.
Dont worry you will receive soon also. Now I am confused to opt out OR go with the flow. What I dont want is to be pushed back in the queue if i opt out!!!
I wouldn’t blame you if you are confused but only opt out if there is a guarantee that you will get the appointment before this IDV app launches. It’s like a gamble lol.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:17 am

skasyap wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:14 am
CULLINAN wrote:
skasyap wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:

Good news for you then.
I wouldn’t blame you if you are confused but only opt out if there is a guarantee that you will get the appointment before this IDV app launches. It’s like a gamble lol.
Yea so that is still unclear. If someone opts out before 7th August, he will receive an email to book an appointment from 10th August onwards. What if majority opts out? Will they still send emails to book appointments in phases? OR waiting for IDV will be quicker? Who knows!!!

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:21 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:17 am
skasyap wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:14 am
CULLINAN wrote:
skasyap wrote:

Good news for you then.
Yea so that is still unclear. If someone opts out before 7th August, he will receive an email to book an appointment from 10th August onwards. What if majority opts out? Will they still send emails to book appointments in phases? OR waiting for IDV will be quicker? Who knows!!!
Problem is people are already booking appointment who did not receive biometric re use email so no guarantee when you will get the free slot.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:25 am

@skasyap

Yes I would agree. I think, if one is in the reuse category its better to just stay put and wait for the IDV app. Otherwise it would probably be equivalent to driving in the opposite direction!

P.S I have a strong feeling, emails are not pushed in date order. They are probably pushed in alphabetical order or something. Did you check your junk folder?

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:29 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:25 am
@skasyap

Yes I would agree. I think, if one is in the reuse category its better to just stay put and wait for the IDV app. Otherwise it would probably be equivalent to driving in the opposite direction!

P.S I have a strong feeling, emails are not pushed in date order. They are probably pushed in alphabetical order or something. Did you check your junk folder?
Yes checked like several times but nothing there. If that is the case then my email starts with S, so might have to wait longer I guess lol.
Thanks for checking though 😊

shyamal017
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by shyamal017 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:22 am

skasyap wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:29 am
CULLINAN wrote:
@skasyap

Yes checked like several times but nothing there. If that is the case then my email starts with S, so might have to wait longer I guess lol.

Hi @skasyap and @cullinan to update
i applied on 27th may 2020

i got IDV Email at Sat, 1 Aug at 02:08

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:29 am

i applied on 4th may 2020. no email yet. but i submitted documents day before yesterday only. so maybe its according to document uploaded.
as for reuse email i got on 4th july 2020.

shyamal017
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by shyamal017 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:17 am

heyaheya wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:29 am
i applied on 4th may 2020. no email yet. but i submitted documents day before yesterday only. so maybe its according to document uploaded.
as for reuse email i got on 4th july 2020.
i applied on 27th may 2020..not uploaded any document yet...as i want to have document scanning service by UKVCAS.....from the day of my application..i can see my name on document upload section ...

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:02 am

skasyap wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
@skasyap

CULLINAN - finally got the email.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:04 am

shyamal017 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:22 am
skasyap wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
@skasyap

Hi @skasyap and @cullinan to update
i applied on 27th may 2020

i got IDV Email at Sat, 1 Aug at 02:08
Good good let’s wait and see if their app will be launched as promised or wait for another month and so.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:23 am

skasyap wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:02 am
skasyap wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
@skasyap

CULLINAN - finally got the email.
Next few weeks means another month to wait 😡

Helen123
United Kingdom

Post by Helen123 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:55 am

Hi Everyone!

Just for reference I received the biometric reuse update email this morning and I applied on June 1st!

Martinha84
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by Martinha84 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:00 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:38 pm
Martinha84 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:36 pm
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help.

I uploaded all my documents to UKVCAS by Wednesday this week and on Thursday, yesterday, I had my biometrics appointment. I went back into UKVCAS once I got back from my appointment and there is no option for me to submit my documents, I can see them all uploaded but no way to submit. Is this how it usually is? Does the submit button just suddenly appear a few days after your appointment has taken place or am I missing something?

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

I have emailed UKVCAS but thought I’d post here in case someone else had experienced the same thing.

Thank you so much!
Ukcvas staff would have submitted your documents to ukvi yesterday at your biometrics appointment.
Aaah that would make sense. Thanks so much CR001, appreciate your response! :)

udutt
India

Post by udutt » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:27 am

Good day all,

Just got the new mail for reuse of Bimometrics and regarding the IDV Apps. I am not opting out and will stick to as scheduled . Thanks .

Uma

blueskies89
Pakistan

Post by blueskies89 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:38 pm

Hi all,

I also received an update on the biometric reuse. I applied in early April and my email starts with alphabet "a" (if that helps in determining how UKVI is sending emails :)

Hopefully, it won't take long now to get the biometrics out of the way.

Choudhryalim
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Choudhryalim » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:25 pm

Hello everyone
I hope that you all are having a good weekend.
I just received an e mail update from UKVCAS regarding the new IDV app.
They gave me an option to opt out by 7 august, and if I did opt out, they will send me an e mail on or after 10 August with instructions on how to book an appointment.
I applied for naturalisation on 16 June 2020 and my e mail starts with M
I pray to God that All of us receive good news soon.
Ameen

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:33 pm

Members what are your thoughts about opting in VS opting out??