ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Application Discussion 2022

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hummingbear
Ireland

Re: Passport Application Discussion 2022

Post by hummingbear » Fri May 12, 2023 8:16 pm

AngloIrish wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 6:28 pm
Today my status progressed from “We are verifying your documents” to “Your application is being processed”. Can I infer from this that my documents have been accepted and will not need to submit additional documents?
Yup, they have your documents! Congrats.

You cannot infer that they might not ask for additional supporting documentation. This just confirms that they have them and will begin the process.

AngloIrish
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by AngloIrish » Fri May 12, 2023 9:21 pm

hummingbear wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 8:16 pm

Yup, they have your documents! Congrats.

You cannot infer that they might not ask for additional supporting documentation. This just confirms that they have them and will begin the process.
Thank you.

Rxp2023
United Kingdom

Post by Rxp2023 » Mon May 15, 2023 3:17 pm

rark wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 2:45 pm
Dang, expected printing date of April 27th for me but status is still "Processing Application" as of this morning. If they had issues or needed additional documents they would email me or it would show that on the status page yes?
My expected issue date is also 27th April with the tracking showing "Processing Application".

Really hoping for some update soon. I contacted the live chat and they basically refused to give me any info on whether there was any problem with my application. Don't know whether the guy would have had access to my case notes or just didn't want to. Anyway for me the live chat was a complete waste of time.
Did you get yours resolved? My estimated issue date was 9/5/23, still says processing. I know it’s an estimate but still frustrating seeing others with similar estimates to you getting theirs issued on time and you’re left wondering if there are going to be any problems.

hummingbear
Ireland

Post by hummingbear » Mon May 15, 2023 4:07 pm

hummingbear wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 4:39 pm
How long did folks passport from Ireland sit in NY Customs? Mine has been there for 3-days with no update
Processed Through USPS Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
May 9, 2023, 2:04 pm
At a week now with no updates from USPS. Still the same message that it's in customs. Have folks who have received their passport had the same delays with ISC New York?

rark
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by rark » Mon May 15, 2023 5:17 pm

Rxp2023 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 3:17 pm
rark wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 2:45 pm
Dang, expected printing date of April 27th for me but status is still "Processing Application" as of this morning. If they had issues or needed additional documents they would email me or it would show that on the status page yes?
My expected issue date is also 27th April with the tracking showing "Processing Application".

Really hoping for some update soon. I contacted the live chat and they basically refused to give me any info on whether there was any problem with my application. Don't know whether the guy would have had access to my case notes or just didn't want to. Anyway for me the live chat was a complete waste of time.
Did you get yours resolved? My estimated issue date was 9/5/23, still says processing. I know it’s an estimate but still frustrating seeing others with similar estimates to you getting theirs issued on time and you’re left wondering if there are going to be any problems.

Unfortunately it is still on "processing application" - very frustrating, let's hope for some updates soon

misscat2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by misscat2 » Mon May 15, 2023 5:31 pm

I am joining the rest of you who are in limbo. My estimated date was the 10th May but no movement from Processing Application yet and the help desk were not able to tell me anything. I asked if they knew how many additional days it was taking on average but they said no.

Has anyone had theirs recently and how many days past the expected date was it?

hummingbear
Ireland

Post by hummingbear » Mon May 15, 2023 6:07 pm

It is my understanding that a week beyond the Expected Date is currently the norm. It was for me. My expected date was April 27th and the actual dispatch date was May 7th.

Rxp2023
United Kingdom

Post by Rxp2023 » Tue May 16, 2023 12:00 pm

Well but of good news, my passport has just updated to printing, so just over 1 week over due, just happy there were no unexpected problems! Best of luck to all

hummingbear
Ireland

Post by hummingbear » Tue May 16, 2023 5:13 pm

hummingbear wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 4:07 pm
hummingbear wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 4:39 pm
How long did folks passport from Ireland sit in NY Customs? Mine has been there for 3-days with no update
Processed Through USPS Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
May 9, 2023, 2:04 pm
At a week now with no updates from USPS. Still the same message that it's in customs. Have folks who have received their passport had the same delays with ISC New York?
Anyone who has already received their passport, how long did yours sit in NY Customs for?

JohnL
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by JohnL » Wed May 17, 2023 10:43 am

Hey all, just received this notice on my passport application.

Please submit your original, full Civil Birth Certificate which includes details of your parent(s). Neither a Short Form Birth Certificate nor a photocopy can be accepted.

This confuses me, I did submit a Civil Birth Certificate which includes details of my parent(s). It's the same document I used for my (successful) FBR application.

Aside from trying to call or contacting via Webchat to ask them to check again, does anyone have any advice?

I'm flying to Dublin on Friday. Wish I could walk into an office on Monday to check this out. I wonder if there is anything I can do on the ground while I'm in Ireland.

AAP1977
Ireland

Post by AAP1977 » Wed May 17, 2023 11:22 am

Try calling them, web chat might be a generic response from the agent.

They make so much mistakes, it’s unbelievable.

I was told to submit proof of name and address that I already submitted.

I was advised those were copies, they were printed off the respective websites as I have opted for paperless billing.

My timeline was extended till the end of the month.

I contacted a TD, who will Query this absurd and unnecessary delays.

So just contact them, advise you submitted the original birth certificate and hope they process your application accordingly.

Good luck mate.

hummingbear
Ireland

Post by hummingbear » Thu May 18, 2023 8:06 pm

Well, my big day finally arrived. I received both my Passport and Passport Card today just moments ago. A close to a long chapter of waiting! I originally applied for my FBR/Citizenship in November of 2020. Below are my timelines for the passport application process along with some of my own tips that might help others. My FBR timeline is posted here

03-08-2023: Passport Application/Documents sent (USPS)
03-27-2023: Passport Application Delivered (AnPost)
03-28-2023: Documents Received/Acknowledged and being verified, Est. issue day 04/27/2023
04-13-2023: Status changed to: Your application is being processed
05-06-2023: Passport Book is being Printed
05-07-2023: Passport Card is being Printed
05-07-2023: Passport book being dispatched
05-09-2023: Arrived at USPS Customs in NY (no tracking updates for the following 8-days)
05-18-2023: Both Card & Passport were delivered (US West Coast)
(note: I never got an update saying my passport card was dispatched, nor any tracking information. I had to call to get the tracking numbers but both Book and Card were dispatched on the same day according to tracking)

Some of my tips:
Just be patient. I checked my application status every single morning. They dates they give are just estimates. You can always try webchat or phone if something is way out of the norm, but things being 1-2 weeks beyond the estimated date is *normal*

Personally I would not use USPS to ship. Use a carrier like UPS or FedEx who actually has service delivery guarantees. My application sat in USPS/AnPost limbo for 10-days, as well as my FBR application. USPS/AnPost do not care if there are delays. You can use webchat to get the physical address of the Passport Application location (maybe someone can post it here).

Use https://pirateship.com for your shipping labels! They are WAY cheaper than any retail store. Even for USPS I saved over $40 from what I was quoted for Express International. I have no affiliation to this site.

Finally
I hope my timelines are useful for you folks out there. Stay patient and eventually your day will come. Super grateful for this forum and the others who have made a long and confusing processes a bit easier. And most of all, thanks Grandma for my new citizenship. I can't wait to spend time in Ireland getting to know my history even more.

Rxp2023
United Kingdom

Post by Rxp2023 » Thu May 18, 2023 8:23 pm

hummingbear wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 8:06 pm
Well, my big day finally arrived. I received both my Passport and Passport Card today just moments ago. A close to a long chapter of waiting! I originally applied for my FBR/Citizenship in November of 2020. Below are my timelines for the passport application process along with some of my own tips that might help others. My FBR timeline is posted here

03-28-2023: Documents Received/Acknowledged and being verified, Est. issue day 04/27/2023
05-09-2023: Arrived at USPS Customs in NY (no tracking updates for the following 8-days)
(note: I never got an update saying my passport card was dispatched, nor any tracking information. I had to call to get the tracking numbers but both Book and Card were dispatched on the same day according to tracking)

Some of my tips:
Just be patient. I checked my application status every single morning. They dates they give are just estimates. You can always try webchat or phone if something is way out of the norm, but things being 1-2 weeks beyond the estimated date is *normal*

Personally I would not use USPS to ship. Use a carrier like UPS or FedEx who actually has service delivery guarantees. My application sat in USPS/AnPost limbo for 10-days, as well as my FBR application. USPS/AnPost do not care if there are delays. You can use webchat to get the physical address of the Passport Application location (maybe someone can post it here).

Use https://pirateship.com for your shipping labels! They are WAY cheaper than any retail store. Even for USPS I saved over $40 from what I was quoted for Express International. I have no affiliation to this site.

Finally
I hope my timelines are useful for you folks out there. Stay patient and eventually your day will come. Super grateful for this forum and the others who have made a long and confusing processes a bit easier. And most of all, thanks Grandma for my new citizenship. I can't wait to spend time in Ireland getting to know my history even more.

Congratulations, I’m sure it’s a great pleasure/relief to finally have them in hand! Currently waiting for mine to arrive in GB and hope they don’t get held up for 10 days! I know what you mean about being patient but the whole process is quite anxiety inducing, especially so close to the end. Congrats again 🍻

hummingbear
Ireland

Post by hummingbear » Thu May 18, 2023 8:39 pm

Rxp2023 wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 8:23 pm
Congratulations, I’m sure it’s a great pleasure/relief to finally have them in hand! Currently waiting for mine to arrive in GB and hope they don’t get held up for 10 days! I know what you mean about being patient but the whole process is quite anxiety inducing, especially so close to the end. Congrats again 🍻
I'm with you buddy, I say that with hindsight. If you go back through my post history you will see how impatient I was :lol:

I'm just not sure what I will do in the mornings not checking passport tracking pages anymore...I guess I'll have to find a new hobby, or go to Ireland :)

TrishMc
United States of America

Post by TrishMc » Thu May 18, 2023 10:46 pm

Congratulations, Hummingbear. I did my FBR application in March 2020, and yesterday was the "expected" date for completion of my passport. Expecting it to be another week or 2 now.

I'm curious if you had to sign for, or be home for, the US mail delivery of your passport and card - may be a problem for me if so.

Slainte,
TrishMc

hummingbear
Ireland

Post by hummingbear » Thu May 18, 2023 11:10 pm

TrishMc wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 10:46 pm
Congratulations, Hummingbear. I did my FBR application in March 2020, and yesterday was the "expected" date for completion of my passport. Expecting it to be another week or 2 now.

I'm curious if you had to sign for, or be home for, the US mail delivery of your passport and card - may be a problem for me if so.

Slainte,
TrishMc
Thank you!

And yes, I did have to sign for it, but I was home thankfully. Otherwise they will just hold it at your Post Office and you can go sign for it there, they generally will leave you a notice.

Rxp2023
United Kingdom

Post by Rxp2023 » Fri May 19, 2023 5:17 pm

Passport book received in post today and expecting card to be here tomorrow or Monday, but I have what I need right now for work and travel and I’m very pleased. As mentioned before it can be a stressful process but made easier by others sharing their experiences on here and very much worth the wait. As a recently registered FBR citizen I’m extremely grateful to my late grandfather and to the nation of Ireland for their generous citizenship by descent criteria.

My timeline is as follows
Online application 28/03/23
Docs received/processing application (verifying docs) 07/04/23
Processing application 21/04/23
Printing/ dispatched passbook 16/05/23
Printing card 16/05/23
Dispatched card 17/05/23
Received passbook (Wales) 19/06/23
Received card pending
Estimated issue date 09/05/23

Online tracking seemed to work well at every stage so far.

Best of luck to all those waiting

Rxp2023
United Kingdom

Post by Rxp2023 » Fri May 19, 2023 5:18 pm

Rxp2023 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 5:17 pm
Passport book received in post today and expecting card to be here tomorrow or Monday, but I have what I need right now for work and travel and I’m very pleased. As mentioned before it can be a stressful process but made easier by others sharing their experiences on here and very much worth the wait. As a recently registered FBR citizen I’m extremely grateful to my late grandfather and to the nation of Ireland for their generous citizenship by descent criteria.

Printing card 16/05/23
Dispatched card 17/05/23
Received card pending

Also, I did not have to sign for my passport, was posted through my letterbox

TrishMc
United States of America

Post by TrishMc » Fri May 19, 2023 9:08 pm

Rxp2023 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 5:18 pm
Rxp2023 wrote:

Printing card 16/05/23
Dispatched card 17/05/23
Received card pending

You are in Wales? Seems the rules are different depending on locality/country. In US, seems like you need to sign. I may not be home so will speak to carrier and see if he can "sign" for me and slip in the letterbox hole in the door.

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Fri May 19, 2023 10:01 pm

hummingbear wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 8:06 pm

Some of my tips:

Finally

Congrats! You're done. It's such a good feeling to be done.

Curious tho, you got a blue Irish Passport? Mine is red from end of last year. I've only ever seen Red ones.
Did they change the color of them recently?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat May 20, 2023 9:30 am

Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 10:01 pm
you got a blue Irish Passport? Mine is red from end of last year. I've only ever seen Red ones.
I thought it's red, but just looks blue from this angle?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Rxp2023
United Kingdom

Post by Rxp2023 » Sat May 20, 2023 12:31 pm

TrishMc wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 9:08 pm
Rxp2023 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 5:18 pm
Rxp2023 wrote:

Printing card 16/05/23
Dispatched card 17/05/23
Received card pending

You are in Wales? Seems the rules are different depending on locality/country. In US, seems like you need to sign. I may not be home so will speak to carrier and see if he can "sign" for me and slip in the letterbox hole in the door.
Yes I’m in Wales, and I’m not sure if someone was ‘supposed’ to sign for it, but nobody did sign for it. The same thing happened with my FBR certificate. I guess the postman just decided it was safe and secure enough to not need a signature, which was lucky for me really. Rules may be different in US or maybe they’re just enforced more stringently.

hummingbear
Ireland

Post by hummingbear » Sat May 20, 2023 2:05 pm

Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 10:01 pm
Congrats! You're done. It's such a good feeling to be done.

Curious tho, you got a blue Irish Passport? Mine is red from end of last year. I've only ever seen Red ones.
Did they change the color of them recently?
It really does feel good, thank you! I know nothing is different in my life in my day to day, but it just feels so good knowing I have this. I keep it next to my bedside table :D

No it's red, might be a little blue from the light :)

misscat2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by misscat2 » Mon May 22, 2023 1:36 pm

I'm so happy that my passport is in the post and on its way. However can I ask how good is the tracking for the an post service. Currently all I have (and have had for the last 4 days) is that it has left Dublin post centre. I would expect it to say something like received at air mail centre but I haven't seen this. Does anyone know how long it takes approximately to get to the UK?

misscat2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by misscat2 » Mon May 22, 2023 1:36 pm

I'm so happy that my passport is in the post and on its way. However can I ask how good is the tracking for the an post service. Currently all I have (and have had for the last 4 days) is that it has left Dublin post centre. I would expect it to say something like received at air mail centre but I haven't seen this. Does anyone know how long it takes approximately to get to the UK?