ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:17 pm

nasxtra wrote:Application date 1/14/2010

Status Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same

status changed today...please make dua that its good news and I will be reunited with my wife and kids :?
inshallah your decision will be a positive one. please keep us informed.

thanks

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:30 pm

Absolutely - inshaAllah your will hear the news you want.

Aaslashari
Newly Registered

Uk Settlement Visa

Post by Aaslashari » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:28 am

I applied for Uk settlement visa in August2009 and it was refused on very silly reasons, Therefore i appeal the ECO decision to AIT. Filed the appeal against ECO on 27th Novemeber 2009 got a letter from AIT stating that they av recieved a Appeal papers and written to ECM to report the decision. on 8th Decemeber 2009. And at the same time i av contacted my MP i showed her my file for settlemnt visa and a refusal letter with a silly reason and she contaced the Home Office to review my application and they reply to her appeal has been filed against our decision and application will be review as appeal process. After waiting for couple of months i recieved a letter from AIT.
Notice Of Decision
TheRespondant has withdrawn the original decision(s)
The Tribunal is satisfied that this appeal has been withdrawn

I e-mail the AIT customer service the reply that embassy has withdrawn my appeal , Is that means they r going to issue me a visa ????????? And how long do i av to wait b4 embassy contact me anyone any idea plz ......

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:03 pm

Yes it means they are going to issue the visa. It could take about 6 weeks before you get visa issued. you will get call from Fedex asking you to take passport and TB certificate, so they can stamp visa

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:54 pm

Salaam all, great to see all the help being shared within this forum. My wife had her TB test recently, however she has not had her biometric test as of yet. Would a seperate appointment be needed for this, or will it be taken care of when she goes in to lodge her application?

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:50 am

Zak, All

Does anyone know where the TB screening clinic ?

Thanks
Last edited by RHussain07 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fazan_alam786
Newly Registered

Post by fazan_alam786 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:35 am

Salaam Guys,

Submitted on the 16/12/2009
Passport collected 15/02/2010

Visa Accepted...

Thanks Guys...

illy
Newly Registered

hi

Post by illy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:49 pm

hi

my first visa got refused so i put in a appeal but also put in a frsh case.i now got a letter from the EMC stating my decision was overtuned and my husband will receive the visa.however i also got a reply on my fresh application within 10 days of submiting stating my husband passport is ready for collection.so tommarow he will collect hes passport.I got double good news..!!!.i thanks ALLAH swt for accepting my duas after a difficult 1 year wait..thanks.

farazmemon81
Newly Registered

Post by farazmemon81 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:45 pm

Asalam alekum Guys

I have been following thsi forum for some time now, I have to say amazing effort by everyone , keep up the good work.

Just wanted to ask, My wife applied for a spouse visa from Karachi pn 30.12.09 . we had an email from Abu Dhabi on 3 feb sayin the Application is under process and a decision will be made shortly, but it has been quiet after that. just wanted to ask if there was anyone else waiting who submitted an application round abt that time .

regards

t_kaay

Post by t_kaay » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:15 pm

Zak_K wrote:Salaam all, great to see all the help being shared within this forum. My wife had her TB test recently, however she has not had her biometric test as of yet. Would a seperate appointment be needed for this, or will it be taken care of when she goes in to lodge her application?
biometrics will be done inside application centre when she lodges paperwork

t_kaay

Post by t_kaay » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:18 pm

RHussain07 wrote:Zak, All

Does anyone know where the TB screening clinic is if you live in the Pindi/ISB area?

Thanks
You call them for an appointment then they will tell you where to go. Tel number is +92 51 111 466 472

zs786

Post by zs786 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:05 pm

Anyone here having problems with their spouse's Pakistani passport. My wife applied for one on 23rd December and still has not received it. Any idea how long it normally takes??

Thanks

sabeen
Newly Registered

Re: Uk Settlement Visa

Post by sabeen » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:30 pm

Aaslashari wrote:I applied for Uk settlement visa in August2009 and it was refused on very silly reasons, Therefore i appeal the ECO decision to AIT. Filed the appeal against ECO on 27th Novemeber 2009 got a letter from AIT stating that they av recieved a Appeal papers and written to ECM to report the decision. on 8th Decemeber 2009. And at the same time i av contacted my MP i showed her my file for settlemnt visa and a refusal letter with a silly reason and she contaced the Home Office to review my application and they reply to her appeal has been filed against our decision and application will be review as appeal process. After waiting for couple of months i recieved a letter from AIT.
Notice Of Decision
TheRespondant has withdrawn the original decision(s)
The Tribunal is satisfied that this appeal has been withdrawn

I e-mail the AIT customer service the reply that embassy has withdrawn my appeal , Is that means they r going to issue me a visa ????????? And how long do i av to wait b4 embassy contact me anyone any idea plz ......
If you dont mind me asking was it because of the Nikkah Khawani Certificates?

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:36 pm

zs786 wrote:Anyone here having problems with their spouse's Pakistani passport. My wife applied for one on 23rd December and still has not received it. Any idea how long it normally takes??

Thanks
An urgent passport takes around 10 days, I think a standard one is 4 weeks. If it's taken this long they may have lost the application. Phone them and find out what's happening, it may be worth submitting a new application. Make sure you go for urgent (3000 Rs).

My wife had to get her passport made twice because the fools at the passport office managed to spell both her name and my name incorrectly. Make sure your wife double checks the spelling (it should match the name on the VAF4) before leaving the office.

zs786

Post by zs786 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:32 pm

amr2010 wrote:
zs786 wrote:Anyone here having problems with their spouse's Pakistani passport. My wife applied for one on 23rd December and still has not received it. Any idea how long it normally takes??

Thanks
An urgent passport takes around 10 days, I think a standard one is 4 weeks. If it's taken this long they may have lost the application. Phone them and find out what's happening, it may be worth submitting a new application. Make sure you go for urgent (3000 Rs).

My wife had to get her passport made twice because the fools at the passport office managed to spell both her name and my name incorrectly. Make sure your wife double checks the spelling (it should match the name on the VAF4) before leaving the office.
Thanks for the info - can these people get anything right!

Just had an update from the misses apparantly they have been having computer problems due to the recent bad weather hence the delay!!! Thats what they told her, Lol.

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:46 pm

zs786 wrote:
amr2010 wrote:

Thanks

Just had an update from the misses apparantly they have been having computer problems due to the recent bad weather hence the delay!!! Thats what they told her, Lol.
Yeh I can believe that. There has been a lot of fog in Pakistan, they probably can't see the screen. :roll:

Seriously, did they tell you where the application is and when you will get the passport back?

zs786

Post by zs786 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:17 pm

amr2010 wrote:
zs786 wrote:
amr2010 wrote:

Thanks

Yeh I can believe that. There has been a lot of fog in Pakistan, they probably can't see the screen. :roll:

Seriously, did they tell you where the application is and when you will get the passport back?
According to the Office in Mirpur where she submitted her application they said passport applications from the 17th of December had been processed, my wife applied on the 23rd of December so a couple more days i guess unless further adverse weather prevents them from doing there job!

Do you by chance have the number they can call to chase up.

Thanks

zoomaj
Mood:
United Kingdom

call recieved

Post by zoomaj » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:54 pm

Hi all just a quick question to ask on the spouse visa do u have to book a return ticket or a single ticket please???

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: call recieved

Post by ElenaW » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:14 pm

zoomaj wrote:Hi all just a quick question to ask on the spouse visa do u have to book a return ticket or a single ticket please???
Whichever is cheapest. Since you're staying indefinitely, it doesn't matter what kind of flight you choose.
Last edited by ElenaW on Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I tell it like it is.

17F4N
Newly Registered

Post by 17F4N » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:09 pm

Hi all

Has anyone from AJK area and who had their initial visa refused on the basis of nikama have had any contact from UK VISA Section? and if they received their visa or not?

It has been nearly seven weeks since i lodge appeal and sent all the relevant documents. I havent even had a confirmation whether their received my documents.

However 2 weeks ago I sent an email to UK Visa Section and they had replied back saying 'the decision has been overturned'. Since then i havent heard anything...

Anyone experiencing the same....

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:32 pm

Dear All,

From members' experiences, how long does it take to change the name on a nadra card from father to husband? can this be done if you pay extra?

and to book a TB test is it mandatory that you have a passport or can you book/take the test without this?

Thanks,

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:27 pm

RHussain07 wrote:Dear All,

From members' experiences, how long does it take to change the name on a nadra card from father to husband? can this be done if you pay extra?

and to book a TB test is it mandatory that you have a passport or can you book/take the test without this?

Thanks,
You definitely need the passport for the TB test, my wife and I have just been through this.

ID card takes <how long is a piece of string>. My wife's card took 2-3 weeks on 'urgent'. Others take much longer.

Question for more experienced members: Does the ID card and passport have to have the husband name on it? Can you apply for a visa on an ID card/Passport which has fathers name?

17F4N
Newly Registered

Post by 17F4N » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:15 pm

amr2010 wrote:
RHussain07 wrote:Dear All,

Thanks,
You definitely need the passport for the TB test, my wife and I have just been through this.

ID card takes <how long is a piece of string>. My wife's card took 2-3 weeks on 'urgent'. Others take much longer.

Question for more experienced members: Does the ID card and passport have to have the husband name on it? Can you apply for a visa on an ID card/Passport which has fathers name?
My wife changed her ID card to my name and it took 6-7 week and then was informed later that you dont need to update it.

You can submit the visa application documents without the ID card having husband name.

However once you changed your ID card then you have change your passport..

zs786

Post by zs786 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:53 am

As far as im aware theres no need to change the name to the husbands. As long as the name is exactly the same on the passport and nadra card it should be fine. My brother applied a few years ago is wife did not change her name to show his and the visa was still granted no problem

If for any reason you do need change anything id recommend you always pay that little bit extra and go for the fast track service so you can get your document in atleast 2 weeks. My wife made the mistake of applying for her pakistani passport with the non-urgent route which is meant to take 4 weeks BUT we are still awaiting for a response since the 23rd of Decemebr! Its a shame cause we have waited 10 long months for my wife to turn 21 so we can apply and all the relevant documents are with her and we are being delayed by the incompetent people over there processing the passports! so she still needs to sort out her TB test and then we can apply. Enough of the rant just ensure you always take the fast track route when applying for the passport / nadra card etc,

sabeen
Newly Registered

Post by sabeen » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:30 am

17F4N wrote:Hi all

Has anyone from AJK area and who had their initial visa refused on the basis of nikama have had any contact from UK VISA Section? and if they received their visa or not?

It has been nearly seven weeks since i lodge appeal and sent all the relevant documents. I havent even had a confirmation whether their received my documents.

However 2 weeks ago I sent an email to UK Visa Section and they had replied back saying 'the decision has been overturned'. Since then i havent heard anything...

Anyone experiencing the same....
You are lucky that you have atleast had a reply back from the UK Visa Section, I lodged the appeal for my husband nearly 8 weeks ago now for exactly the same reason. Haven't heard anything at all, i feel worried myself as most of these kind of cases have been resolved!