ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

VASEY

uk visa

Post by VASEY » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:36 pm

Hi there,

i arived in the UK yeaterday wife my wife from Pakistan after she obtained a spouse visa.

She has got an initial visa for 27 months. I have previously read on this post about, things you need to start collecting and so on for her to obtain indefinete leave to remain at the end of this period.

Please could you provide any advice on this issue as i am unsure. What will happen after 27 months and what i shall do in the interim. She was granted visa in January 2010.

Kind Regards

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:04 pm

Ok....so rather than asking how long name change from fathers name to (mine) / husbands takes the question should be:

do you need to change wifes nadra card + passport?

would appreciate some help on this please

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:31 pm

She has got an initial visa for 27 months. I have previously read on this post about, things you need to start collecting and so on for her to obtain indefinete leave to remain at the end of this period.

Please could you provide any advice on this issue as i am unsure. What will happen after 27 months and what i shall do in the interim. She was granted visa in January 2010
Collect as many documents as you can from the startt ill the 2 yrs are up for both yourself and your wife preferably from reliable sources such as NHS,banks, utilities,government etc for when you apply for ILR in 24 months time.

Go and read teh topics on ILR on this forum. You can now leave this forum, as nothing here willpertain to any subsequent applications you make

Jameel17
Newly Registered

Post by Jameel17 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:05 pm

17F4N wrote:Hi all

Has anyone from AJK area and who had their initial visa refused on the basis of nikama have had any contact from UK VISA Section? and if they received their visa or not?

It has been nearly seven weeks since i lodge appeal and sent all the relevant documents. I havent even had a confirmation whether their received my documents.

However 2 weeks ago I sent an email to UK Visa Section and they had replied back saying 'the decision has been overturned'. Since then i havent heard anything...

Anyone experiencing the same....
quick update regarding my sitto...
I got a letter today from their croydon office and they sent back the nikkah khuwani and the english translated version. Dont know what to make of this. Maybe they made their decision and I just have to wait a little longer?

17F4N
Newly Registered

Post by 17F4N » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:17 pm

Jameel17 wrote:

Has anyone from AJK area and who had their initial visa refused on the basis of nikama have had any contact from UK VISA Section? and if they received their visa or not?

It has been nearly seven weeks since i lodge appeal and sent all the relevant documents. I havent even had a confirmation whether their received my documents.

However 2 weeks ago I sent an email to UK Visa Section and they had replied back saying 'the decision has been overturned'. Since then i havent heard anything...

I got a letter today from their croydon office and they sent back the nikkah khuwani and the english translated version. Dont know what to make of this. Maybe they made their decision and I just have to wait a little longer?
What did the letter say? when did you submit your documents?

Jameel17
Newly Registered

Post by Jameel17 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:36 pm

17F4N wrote:
Jameel17 wrote:

What did the letter say? when did you submit your documents?
submitted my docs on 8th January. Will be roughly 6 weeks tomorrow. The huge envelope which arrived today just had 2 things in it, the nikkah khuwani and the english translated version. Nothing else.

17F4N
Newly Registered

Post by 17F4N » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:14 pm

submitted my docs on 8th January. Will be roughly 6 weeks tomorrow. The huge envelope which arrived today just had 2 things in it, the nikkah khuwani and the english translated version. Nothing else.[/quote]

How strange is that.. Did your partner get a letter or something? Have tried contacting UK Visa Section..

I know people have started to receive a letter confirming that they have got their visa and to submit their passport to the gerry office.

It is beyond a frustrating point...

Jameel17
Newly Registered

Post by Jameel17 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:47 pm

17F4N wrote:submitted my docs on 8th January. Will be roughly 6 weeks tomorrow. The huge envelope which arrived today just had 2 things in it, the nikkah khuwani and the english translated version. Nothing else.
How strange is that.. Did your partner get a letter or something? Have tried contacting UK Visa Section..

I know people have started to receive a letter confirming that they have got their visa and to submit their passport to the gerry office.

It is beyond a frustrating point...[/quote]

My wife has got no letter yet nor have I contacted UK visa

Khalidsajjad
Newly Registered

Help regarding Form

Post by Khalidsajjad » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:07 am

Dear Danbrix, immigrationuk2009 & Others,
Good Day!

Thanks for your support but the problem is that either http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk has banned in Pakistan or has some server problem for last few days.
I am not been able to download form yet so would you please email me the form on sajjad_khalid@hotmail.com
Looking forward for you favor

rfarooqui
Newly Registered

Applying for a spouse visa

Post by rfarooqui » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:47 pm

Hello,

I am planning to apply spouse visa for my wife in Pakistan, but i need some advise guys, i am a british national, i have been married before and divorced now, but the problem is I got married in Pakistan before my divorced.

Now i am bit worried to apply, because my Wedding date in Pakistan is before my Divorced date, just need some information about this messup, or getting into the mess.

So before i get messedup please i need really strong advise, i will be very greatfull for you guys.

Once again thanks for reading my problem

Jameel17
Newly Registered

Post by Jameel17 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:37 pm

finally finally!!

My wife got a letter asking her to bring her passport, tb certificate and other bits n bobs to gerrys. Im really excited lol. I've asked her to fax the letter over to me tomorrow so I can read it properly myself.

So I was wondering, what happens now? Do they keep the passport for a bit untill they provide the visa?

17F4N
Newly Registered

Post by 17F4N » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:06 pm

Jameel17 wrote:finally finally!!

My wife got a letter asking her to bring her passport, tb certificate and other bits n bobs to gerrys. Im really excited lol. I've asked her to fax the letter over to me tomorrow so I can read it properly myself.

So I was wondering, what happens now? Do they keep the passport for a bit untill they provide the visa?
Congrats

I'm guessing my wife should be receiving her letter anytime soon..(I'm on my 7th week of waiting)...

What i hear from other people is that they keep the passport until they have officially stamp the visa and then they will give your misses a call to collect it..

musab_27

Post by musab_27 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:14 am

Jameel17 wrote:finally finally!!

Congratulations, i wish you and your wife all the best for the future.

Judging by quite a few posts on the forum they tend to keep the passport for quite a while upto 3 months in some cases, hopefully you'll get it back sooner.

ajmal

Re: Applying for a spouse visa

Post by ajmal » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:58 am

rfarooqui wrote:Hello,

I am planning to apply spouse visa for my wife in Pakistan, but i need some advise guys, i am a british national, i have been married before and divorced now, but the problem is I got married in Pakistan before my divorced.

Now i am bit worried to apply, because my Wedding date in Pakistan is before my Divorced date, just need some information about this messup, or getting into the mess.

So before i get messedup please i need really strong advise, i will be very greatfull for you guys.

You are safe to apply spouse visa because as per Pakistan law you are allowed to get married without giving divorce to first wife. But when you will apply spouse visa in Pakistan in British embassy you are allowed to take only one wife to UK and you have to mention this in visa form clearly which wife you are taking

batleykhan

Re: Applying for a spouse visa

Post by batleykhan » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:16 am

ajmal wrote:
rfarooqui wrote:Hello,

You are safe to apply spouse visa because as per Pakistan law you are allowed to get married without giving divorce to first wife. But when you will apply spouse visa in Pakistan in British embassy you are allowed to take only one wife to UK and you have to mention this in visa form clearly which wife you are taking
If the OP is a British citizen and he got divorced in the UK, he will need to first of all obtain his Decree Absoloute from a British court before he can get legally get married and for that marriage to be accepted as valid.

If he hasnt done that, then applying for his second wife would be a waste of time as it will almost t certainly end in a refusal as his second marriage would not be accepted as valid for visa purposes.

My advice would be to wait till he gets DA and then register his second marriage in Pakistan anytime after the he gets his DA, and then apply for her visa.

Hope this makes sense

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:50 pm

Salaam all. Anyone else had problems calling the number listed on the Gerrys website to book an appointment to lodge an application?

My wife has been trying for a few days but she says theres no answer.

Zak.

voilet
Newly Registered

Post by voilet » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:26 pm

Yes the no is inaccessible via land line these daz but u can call thru mobile at 8865. They usually respond at this no. Also you can email them about ur problem and you might find some solution as i have been getting prpmpt email replies from them.

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:48 pm

My wife has telephoned them a number of times over the last few days without any problems. She has been on the phone to them today as well. I think she had to re-dial on a couple of occasions and got through on the 2nd attempt.

We had a lot of issues with the medical number.

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:53 pm

Asalaam alakium,

My wife is going to submit her application tomorrow, please make dua for us.

I know I am jumping ahead but I want to book/plan my holidays and travel arrangements. How long are applications taking these days?

Just a thought - I would urge others who have benefited from the help here to spread the word and let others know about the forum or at least try help anyone who was in/is in the same position as you.

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:49 pm

Hi
amr2010 wrote:My wife has telephoned them a number of times over the last few days without any problems. She has been on the phone to them today as well. I think she had to re-dial on a couple of occasions and got through on the 2nd attempt.

We had a lot of issues with the medical number.
Call of peak time for appointment.Like after 5pm or after exact 9.am

Keep calling you would get soon.

UK_Banned_Member
Please always seek legal advise from OSIC consultant or immigration solicitor.These are my personal views gain through experience or study.

UK_Banned_Member

nasxtra
Newly Registered

Visa granted

Post by nasxtra » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:08 am

ukusman wrote:
nasxtra wrote:Application date 1/14/2010

Status Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same

status changed today...please make dua that its good news and I will be reunited with my wife and kids :?
inshallah your decision will be a positive one. please keep us informed.

thanks

Mrs went to collect application the next day......it was granted..thank god

this whole situation taught me a lesson and should be a warning to all those who get the initial visa granted, don't get slack once your partner gets here and be loved up and caught up in married life and the practicalaties of living together...start collecting your evidence for ILR NOW, apply for the ILR on time.

Plan , prepare & execute properly and save yourself and your loved ones the heartache and suffering as well as financial loss. Life has many surprises and you never know whats round the corner don't leave it to the last minute for ILR. Learn from my mistakes and with the advice on this forum, (its there i know trawling through 228 pages of info can get monotonous but the knowledge is there). Seek and ye shall find!

btw i didn't send any photographic evidence of wedding etc and me or kids this time round but having two kids probably covered that sent birth certificates, and kids passport copies, also as partner was living in uk for nearly 4 years the fact that she was still paying council tax, and her uk bank statements helped

I'm going to have a look at the date it was stamped when she gets over here ( mrs & kids landing tonite!!). I think it was a lot quicker than expected

UKBA all is forgiven! (well nearly) :wink:

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:55 am

amr2010 wrote:Asalaam alakium,

My wife is going to submit her application tomorrow, please make dua for us.

I know I am jumping ahead but I want to book/plan my holidays and travel arrangements. How long are applications taking these days?

Just a thought - I would urge others who have benefited from the help here to spread the word and let others know about the forum or at least try help anyone who was in/is in the same position as you.
Well, perhaps it just depends on the mood of the Immigration officer. Obviously they state a 3 month processing time, however my solicitor has said he has had cases back within 10 days. Nevertheless it's sensible to be modest.

Personally, I'll be travelling to Pakistan on Sunday, and hopefully lodge my application for next Wednesday. I'm only going for 3 weeks though, so hopefully my wife will be coming over soon after myself.

Anyways my duas are with you bro, take it easy.

Zak.

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:16 pm

nasxtra I am glad things worked out for you. Enjoy your time with you family and thanks for the warning.

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:35 pm

Zak_K wrote: Well, perhaps it just depends on the mood of the Immigration officer. Obviously they state a 3 month processing time, however my solicitor has said he has had cases back within 10 days. Nevertheless it's sensible to be modest.

Personally, I'll be travelling to Pakistan on Sunday, and hopefully lodge my application for next Wednesday. I'm only going for 3 weeks though, so hopefully my wife will be coming over soon after myself.

Anyways my duas are with you bro, take it easy.

Zak.
My wife went to the application centre in Lahore today, she was in there a total of 4 hours and was exhausted at the end of it!

The folks who processed her application told her "to expect a reply in 25 to 30 days". OK not lightning quick but at least the it's now 25-30 and not the 60 days they were quoting in January. Inshallah thing are better now.

A couple of things I want to share with the group:

If you have presented your application in a file/document holder etc THEY WILL remove all the papers. You are best to secure all the papers together without a folder or removable clip.

The staff WILL try and make you hurry and exit, don't listen to them. My wife had to re-organise her paper work after they messed it up. Tell your wife/husband to take their time - do not rush because they say so. They will not sympathise and don't really care that this is a life-changing issue. However if you stand your ground (be firm but polite) they will let you get on with it.

Make sure you include two document Indexes in the file listing IN ORDER all the paper work in the file. One should be for the sponsors paper work and the other for the applicant. Mark them up clearly e.g. Index of Sponsor Documents.

My wife was told that she had to submit a duplicate of the whole file!!! This was not mentioned anywhere and to be honest I am not sure if it is really required. Create a duplicate of your file, photocopy everything including the photographs (yes really, they asked her to do that!). To make things simple the sponsor should create duplicate of their documents and send the "real" file and the "duplicate". My wife was told the "real" one goes Abu Dabi/Dubai the other to Islamabad.

Take spare passport photos with you.

I'm sure I have forgotten something, if I remember I will update this post.

I hope you find this information helpful, if you do please make dua for us.

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:50 pm

Is an index somthing that's required? My solicitor gave me everything I need binded in treasurey tags.