ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Re: Good morning people

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:37 am

socrates wrote:@ Keisha, We are in this together, I just my refusal letter this morning, but without my passport, no right of appeal and was given till September 2nd to contact my local enforcement office. The last paragraph of the letter says ''Should you fail to leave enforcement action will be taken against you. Further consideraion can be given to your case at that stage which could result in you being served with an enforcement decision which may generate a right of appeal'' I wonder what that means guys. Please advise
Genesis 50 vs 20 "As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today". In one sentence, God will make your comeback greater than this setback experienced. The Lord is your strength Socrates and Keisha. Just keep your eyes fixed on the prize not the competition. God be with the rest of us waiting and appealing in Jesus Name!

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:40 am

@sdp lol..... i ws just tryin to liven up moods.... how are u dear?

socrates

Post by socrates » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:41 am

dapsonlee wrote:
socrates wrote:@ Keisha, We are in this together, I just my refusal letter this morning, but without my passport, no right of appeal and was given till September 2nd to contact my local enforcement office. The last paragraph of the letter says ''Should you fail to leave enforcement action will be taken against you. Further consideraion can be given to your case at that stage which could result in you being served with an enforcement decision which may generate a right of appeal'' I wonder what that means guys. Please advise
Genesis 50 vs 20 "As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today". In one sentence, God will make your comeback greater than this setback experienced. The Lord is your strength Socrates and Keisha. Just keep your eyes fixed on the prize not the competition. God be with the rest of us waiting and appealing in Jesus Name!
Thanks @Dapsonlee, but Please guys, what in your opnion does this really mean? ''Should you fail to leave enforcement action will be taken against you. Further consideraion can be given to your case at that stage which could result in you being served with an enforcement decision which may generate a right of appeal''

SDP

Post by SDP » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:41 am

I am really getting worried now, looking at HO decision :shock: :shock:

SDP

Post by SDP » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:45 am

yummymummy3j wrote:@sdp lol..... i ws just tryin to liven up moods.... how are u dear?
Hmm shocked with the HO decisions ...frustrated. :x :evil:
No sign of god news .... :cry: :cry:
Last edited by SDP on Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:45 am

Are these people on something this week :roll:
Why these senseless refusals without looking at case laws etc. These just does not make sense as people have rightly said. It is only creating unneccesary backlogs.

I have a Master's degree and I'm a microsoft certified professional who can potentially earn a minimum of £350 per day. I'm now at the mercy of some £6.50 hire who has no clue what he/she is doing!

It drives me nuts sometimes, the H.O needs serious and urgent review of its processes and procedures! :shock:

OKAY....rant over, Good morning beautiful people. Lets keep the hope alive
FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:46 am

@Socrates commiserations sir - I don't normally lose my cool but I am on the brink. The decision making has been poor, irrational, illogical and the list goes on and on. Well it could be a blessing in disguise that all the emphasis and power shifts to the courts now. They understand Article 8 better than these idiots in the HO. Don't lose faith people, it's emotionally harrowing and draining, I have been there but certainly not over. The backlog is truly indeed been passed on to the courts. Very coy and stupid of the HO to sabotage the Judicial system, it will backfire spectacularly.
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:47 am

@Sdp take a deep breath bro..... its is going to be fine.. dont you dare worry yourself...... you remember just last week you and dapson, believe and verbina were helpin me keep my sanity so pls chin up bro....sending you loads of cuddles and prayin for you...

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:47 am

socrates wrote:
socrates wrote:
verbina wrote:
verbina wrote:
Oh shit! So if you want to appeal, you have to do nothing and wait for removal directions to be issued-those you can appeal.
Alternatively, you can go for Judical Review. Are you using solicitor hun?
You served in the British Army as well, didnt you?!
Its really pissing me off now good people get refused like this!
@Verbina, yes I served in the territorial army for 3 years
Please guys, what in your opnion does this really mean? ''Should you fail to leave enforcement action will be taken against you. Further consideraion can be given to your case at that stage which could result in you being served with an enforcement decision which may generate a right of appeal''
Will You Get Right To Appeal If Your Discretionary Leave Application Is Refused By The Home Office?
If your FLR (O) application for initial discretionary leave to remain is refused by the Home Office, you may or may not get a right to appeal to the First Tier Tribunal of the Immigration and Asylum Chambers.

You may get right of appeal against the refusal of your FLR (O) application for discretionary leave only if an enforcement decision is made by the Home Office giving directions for your removal from the UK on the grounds that your removal from the UK will be breach of the UK's obligations under the European Convention On Human Rights (ECHR) unless the Home Office certified your human rights claim as manifestly unfounded.
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:50 am

@this year , lol they must defo be high on something cos all this dodgy refusals will eventually be overturned at d appeal hearing....
bro i pray you get yr visa so that you can maximise yr potential..

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:50 am

socrates wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
Thanks @Dapsonlee, but Please guys, what in your opnion does this really mean? ''Should you fail to leave enforcement action will be taken against you. Further consideraion can be given to your case at that stage which could result in you being served with an enforcement decision which may generate a right of appeal''
The "enforcement action will be taken against you" is just a tactic to scare to perhaps leave the country on your own accord and the last bit "served with an enforcement decision" is what you really need cos that will be served with the right to appeal notice. So like Verbina and Believe2013 might have suggested either go for a JR or just wait for the notice to put in your appeal. From your case I remember you saying you had your twins here and came here on student visa but overstayed which was no fault of yours but the home office. So on that note I believe you are on the good side of things if the appeal falls through.

SDP

Post by SDP » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:52 am

Believe2013 wrote:@Socrates commiserations sir - I don't normally lose my cool but I am on the brink. The decision making has been poor, irrational, illogical and the list goes on and on. Well it could be a blessing in disguise that all the emphasis and power shifts to the courts now. They understand Article 8 better than these idiots in the HO. Don't lose faith people, it's emotionally harrowing and draining, I have been there but certainly not over. The backlog is truly indeed been passed on to the courts. Very coy and stupid of the HO to sabotage the Judicial system, it will backfire spectacularly.
I agree with you HO is just pushing the burden to the courts...but how many of us can afford to go through JR ? HO thinks that out of frustration and with no money left we will leave the country on our own !
In all these situations solicitors are laughing..

socrates

Post by socrates » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:53 am

Believe2013 wrote:@Socrates commiserations sir - I don't normally lose my cool but I am on the brink. The decision making has been poor, irrational, illogical and the list goes on and on. Well it could be a blessing in disguise that all the emphasis and power shifts to the courts now. They understand Article 8 better than these idiots in the HO. Don't lose faith people, it's emotionally harrowing and draining, I have been there but certainly not over. The backlog is truly indeed been passed on to the courts. Very coy and stupid of the HO to sabotage the Judicial system, it will backfire spectacularly.
@Believe2013, thanks so much for your encouragement, it is disheartning to say the least, the case worker did not even made any mention of my time with the Army, despite letter from my old regiment, photographs while in the Army, certificate of allegiance to Her Majesty while in the Army. God is on his throne. The most painful is this endless wait because I lost my job because of this problem and has been out of job for about two years now

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:53 am

SDP wrote:
yummymummy3j wrote:@sdp lol..... i ws just tryin to liven up moods.... how are u dear?
Hmm shocked with the HO decisions ...frustrated. :x :evil:
No sign of god news .... :cry: :cry:
Just breathe easy SDP we are close actually closer than ever. I tried to ring them this morning lol it's not even going through, like they have suspended their line when you choose the option 3 to check the status of you application.

socrates

Post by socrates » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:56 am

verbina wrote:
socrates wrote:
socrates wrote:
verbina wrote:
You served in the British Army as well, didnt you?!
Its really pissing me off now good people get refused like this!
Please guys, what in your opnion does this really mean? ''Should you fail to leave enforcement action will be taken against you. Further consideraion can be given to your case at that stage which could result in you being served with an enforcement decision which may generate a right of appeal''
Will You Get Right To Appeal If Your Discretionary Leave Application Is Refused By The Home Office?
If your FLR (O) application for initial discretionary leave to remain is refused by the Home Office, you may or may not get a right to appeal to the First Tier Tribunal of the Immigration and Asylum Chambers.

You may get right of appeal against the refusal of your FLR (O) application for discretionary leave only if an enforcement decision is made by the Home Office giving directions for your removal from the UK on the grounds that your removal from the UK will be breach of the UK's obligations under the European Convention On Human Rights (ECHR) unless the Home Office certified your human rights claim as manifestly unfounded.
@Verbina, so is it normal that they hold onto your passport?

SDP

Post by SDP » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:59 am

yummymummy3j wrote:@Sdp take a deep breath bro..... its is going to be fine.. dont you dare worry yourself...... you remember just last week you and dapson, believe and verbina were helpin me keep my sanity so pls chin up bro....sending you loads of cuddles and prayin for you...
It's really scary, may be I will hear from HO soon :cry: :cry:

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:02 pm

@sdp i know its scary dear , and i know how u feel.......i am prayin for you dear.. you will hearfrom them soon and i pray its good news in jesus name

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:04 pm

socrates wrote:
verbina wrote:
socrates wrote:
socrates wrote:

I dont know. sorry. My friend had the same wording for refusal, but all the documents were sent back to her solicitor in the same envelope.
This is how I know for sure about waiting for 'removal directions' to get a right to appeal. It was advice given by her solicitor.

socrates

Post by socrates » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:07 pm

verbina wrote:
socrates wrote:
verbina wrote:
socrates wrote:

I dont know. sorry. My friend had the same wording for refusal, but all the documents were sent back to her solicitor in the same envelope.
This is how I know for sure about waiting for 'removal directions' to get a right to appeal. It was advice given by her solicitor.
@Verbina, thanks dear

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:07 pm

@socrates yes they keep hold of passports

socrates

Post by socrates » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:14 pm

socrates wrote:
verbina wrote:
socrates wrote:
verbina wrote:

@Thanks@yummymummy and Verbina,, please do you have any idea how long it takes to get the removal action letter?

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:17 pm

am not sure how long it will take to get the removal letter but i know of 2 cases where passports were held after refusal and cases were refered to the enforcement team and were eventually granted visas at the appeal

socrates

Post by socrates » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:18 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:am not sure how long it will take to get the removal letter but i know of 2 cases where passports were held after refusal and cases were refered to the enforcement team and were eventually granted visas at the appeal
@yummymummy, Thanks for your advise and support

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:20 pm

socrates wrote:
socrates wrote:
verbina wrote:
socrates wrote:
@Thanks@yummymummy and Verbina,, please do you have any idea how long it takes to get the removal action letter?
It depends hun.. Do you have to report at reporting centre?
Ps the link below is from 2011, but it still gives an idea of how this works

http://www.freemovement.org.uk/2011/02/ ... or-appeal/

socrates

Post by socrates » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:21 pm

verbina wrote:
socrates wrote:
socrates wrote:
verbina wrote:
It depends hun.. Do you have to report at reporting centre?
Ps the link below is from 2011, but it still gives an idea of how this works

http://www.freemovement.org.uk/2011/02/ ... or-appeal/
[/quote]

@Verbina, No, I don't have to report, never been asked to report before