ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:51 pm

socrates wrote:
GodGives wrote:
socrates wrote:
carrotcake wrote:@socrates, sorry to hear about the refusal. When did u apply? was it a fresh application and your story plz
I applied for FLR(O) in July 29th 2012. Fresh application, came here as a student in 2004, been in study until 2010 when my application for extention was refused. I went to appeal tribunal and was allowed for reconsideration, but home office still refused based on the fact that I did not prove my relationship with my sponsor/guardian, even though he ahs been my sponsor in all my other applications that were granted. I did not know UKBA refused the reconsideration allowed by the appeal tribunal until after 8 months because UKBA sent the letter to a solicitor I never used, so I became an overstayer without knowing. I have children (TWINS) that are 4 years old and were born in the UK, served three years in the British Territorial Army, wife has been depressed for over 7 years and the social services are involved in helping her and the kids, all documents provided but still got

Am really sorry to hear this Socrates and Keisha. They draft the same rubbish on all refusal letters. They told me to call the enforcement team as well with a deadline I didn't. You all have to be strong and fight for your right.
@GodGives, Thanks for your encouragement. So what have you done so far? Reconsideraion/Appeal/JR.
Am still in the process but will update you soon
Godgives

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:19 pm

Socrates and Keisha- so sorry to hear the refusal. God is your strength
Your expectation will manifest very soon

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:26 pm

I am having a laugh and thought i should share this with you all.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ty_iro_bio

Look at the response of the person requesting for information after a long wait, its at the bottom of the page

" From: Di Phillips

7 August 2013

Dear NEYH, Freedom of Information,

Thank you finally for your response, it is a pity though that it
has taken over 8 months to do so. It is really true that the
comments of the Home Affairs Select Committee that your department
is really not fit for purpose. It is really a shame on Britain that
things have got to this stage.

Submitted without prejudice.

Yours sincerely,

Di Phillips"

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:36 pm

hatchsead wrote:I am having a laugh and thought i should share this with you all.

Look at the response of the person requesting for information after a long wait, its at the bottom of the page

7 August 2013

Yours sincerely,

Di Phillips"

Hahaha Epic!!!! I made a FYI request to them lot as well lool! Actually mine is also pretty overdue, best I go back and demand internal investigation!! Luv it! Ta for sharing this !!! :P
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:40 pm

Isn't this pathetic? Afterall we paid for the service. I re-submitted my application in Oct 2012 and did the Bio in March 2013 and i have been following all applications submitted about the same time as i did.

HO - Of the 8,520 applications received between October and December 2012, 5,207 remained outstanding as at 8 April.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... sponse.pdf

Sarah06

Re: BAD NEWS

Post by Sarah06 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:43 pm

Keisha wrote:Good Evening bloggers,

Hope you had a wonderful weekend.As for me,I'm sorry to plaster this wall with not so nice news but the devil is trying me by refusing me a stay.The letter stated that haven't been here for more thAn 20yrs and that have no right to appeal.They even said should contact my local team for departure by 22/ 08 and I rebuke that in Jesus name.The solicitor said we should go for a Judicial Review and they explained the procedure.The fee...*sighs*...more than £2000 and I believe that God will provide.

I have decided to let God fight this battle for me as I go for the JR.I hv been here for 10yrs and reckon the HO case-worker wanted to rush to the pub and decided to put a red stamp on my application form.The devil is a liar for I serve a Living God who's Greater than everybeing in the Heavens and on Earth.I'm may feel deflated but that won't stop me from flashing a smile and thanking God.So,please bloggers remember me in ur prayers!

Have a blessed week!
U'said it all, God will fight for u and make a way . Congrts in advance cos ur a winner

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:44 pm

verbina wrote:
hatchsead wrote:I am having a laugh and thought i should share this with you all.

7 August 2013

Yours sincerely,

Di Phillips"

Hahaha Epic!!!! I made a FYI request to them lot as well lool! Actually mine is also pretty overdue, best I go back and demand internal investigation!! Luv it! Ta for sharing this !!! :P

She is funny! She goes: 'Dear UKBA , unfortunately for you much -predicted Apocalypse didnt happen, so its back to work as usual...' :P

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:44 pm

verbina wrote:

7 August 2013

Yours sincerely,

Di Phillips"

She is funny! She goes: 'Dear UKBA , unfortunately for you much -predicted Apocalypse didnt happen, so its back to work as usual...' :P

Sarah06

Congrats

Post by Sarah06 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:49 pm

Yummymummy3j congrats u have been an inspirational strength to me and others in this forum with ur encouraging words
Sorry to hear about ur refusal@ Nikitpatel,God be wt u
And congratulations to all those who have been granted within the week.

Sarah06

Re: Good morning people

Post by Sarah06 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:59 pm

socrates wrote:@ Keisha, We are in this together, I just my refusal letter this morning, but without my passport, no right of appeal and was given till September 2nd to contact my local enforcement office. The last paragraph of the letter says ''Should you fail to leave enforcement action will be taken against you. Further consideraion can be given to your case at that stage which could result in you being served with an enforcement decision which may generate a right of appeal'' I wonder what that means guys. Please advise
Sorry to hear about ur refusal, God is your strength.

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:03 pm

Sarah06 wrote:
socrates wrote:@ Keisha, We are in this together, I just my refusal letter this morning, but without my passport, no right of appeal and was given till September 2nd to contact my local enforcement office. The last paragraph of the letter says ''Should you fail to leave enforcement action will be taken against you. Further consideraion can be given to your case at that stage which could result in you being served with an enforcement decision which may generate a right of appeal'' I wonder what that means guys. Please advise
@Keisha and Soctates sorry to hear about the refusals, remember the battle belongs to The Lord!!!! It's not yours to fight. I've a word of prophesy for you two. "Stand still and know that I am God" says the spirit of The Lord !!!!

Sarah06

Post by Sarah06 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:14 pm

7 August 2013

Yours sincerely,

Di Phillips"
I made a request to them lot as well, mine is long overdue now. Thanks for sharing. I check the site now

socrates

Post by socrates » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:42 pm

Time503 wrote:
Sarah06 wrote:
@Keisha and Soctates sorry to hear about the refusals, remember the battle belongs to The Lord!!!! It's not yours to fight. I've a word of prophesy for you two. "Stand still and know that I am God" says the spirit of The Lord !!!!
@Time503, thanks and may God uplift you.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:10 pm

@only me..hope u are ok dear?

socrates

Post by socrates » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:26 pm

socrates wrote:
Time503 wrote:
Sarah06 wrote:
Hello All, I was so demoralised when I got the refusal letter today that I only noticed that my paasport was not returned, now I have checked the whole documents returned and my children original UK birth certificates and my marriage certificate are not included. What do you all think please

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:30 pm

socrates wrote:
socrates wrote:
Time503 wrote:
Sarah06 wrote:
Hello All, I was so demoralised when I got the refusal letter today that I only noticed that my paasport was not returned, now I have checked the whole documents returned and my children original UK birth certificates and my marriage certificate are not included. What do you all think please
Please demand for it ASAP

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:16 pm

hatchsead wrote:
socrates wrote:
socrates wrote:
Time503 wrote:
Hello Socrates
I also had the same experience in 2009 when my first application was refused. They kept back all birth certificates of my kids and mine but returned everything back this year when I was granted.

I really do not know why they keep back this documents cos it does not belong to them. If anyone can explain this to me it will help people on this forum. Thanks

socrates

Post by socrates » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:39 pm

Time503 wrote:
hatchsead wrote:
socrates wrote:
socrates wrote:
Hello Socrates
I also had the same experience in 2009 when my first application was refused. They kept back all birth certificates of my kids and mine but returned everything back this year when I was granted.

I really do not know why they keep back this documents cos it does not belong to them. If anyone can explain this to me it will help people on this forum. Thanks
@Time503, I am suprised too, when my student visa extention was refused in 2010, they returned all my documents including the passport, I will make enquiries tomorrow to find out and get back to you. Thanks for your support

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 pm

[quote="Time503"][quote="hatchsead"][quote="socrates"][quote="socrates"][quote="Time503"][quote="Sarah06"][quote="socrates"]@ Keisha, We are in this together, I just my refusal letter this morning, but without my passport, no right of appeal and was given till September 2nd to contact my local enforcement office. The last paragraph of the letter says ''Should you fail to leave enforcement action will be taken against you. Further consideraion can be given to your case at that stage which could result in you being served with an enforcement decision which may generate a right of appeal'' I wonder what that means guys. Please advise[/quote]

Sorry to hear about ur refusal, God is your strength.[/quote]

@Keisha and Soctates sorry to hear about the refusals, remember the battle belongs to The Lord!!!! It's not yours to fight. I've a word of prophesy for you two. "Stand still and know that I am God" says the spirit of The Lord !!!![/quote]

@Time503, thanks and may God uplift you.[/quote]

Hello All, I was so demoralised when I got the refusal letter today that I only noticed that my paasport was not returned, now I have checked the whole documents returned and my children original UK birth certificates and my marriage certificate are not included. What do you all think please[/quote]

Please demand for it ASAP[/quote]

Hello Socrates

I really do not know why they keep back this documents cos it does not belong to them. If anyone can explain this to me it will help people on this forum. Thanks[/quote]

@Time503

Sorry for the refusal of Keisha and Soctates.
So far I know the HO kept the people passport when they refused some one, to deport the people back home, instead of making hassle to arrange a travel document. Now the people who are in reporting every week or month they took people sing in travel arranging document to finish their (HO) job shortly.

But who has an active case they wouldn’t deport any one.
We hope and pray everybody will have a good day after all the difficulties

junaidmirza

Post by junaidmirza » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:24 pm

socrates wrote:
Time503 wrote:
hatchsead wrote:
socrates wrote:
Hello Socrates

@Time503, I am suprised too, when my student visa extention was refused in 2010, they returned all my documents including the passport, I will make enquiries tomorrow to find out and get back to you. Thanks for your support
@Socrates
Please visit the link below (Check page number 10)
http://www.army.mod.uk/documents/genera ... _guide.pdf

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:36 pm

hello guys i need yr advice although its not about DLR BUT I JUST HOPE SOMEONE MIGHT HAVE AN IDEA... MY FRIEND'S BROTHER WAS GRANTED A 5YR VISA COS HE MARRIED AN EU, A YEAR AFTER HE SUBMITTED HIS PASSPORT TO HO AS PART OF SUPPORTIN DOCS FOR HIS YOUNGER BRO TO APPLY AS HIS DEPENDANT... HIS PASSPORT GOT LOST, THE HO NEVA ACCEPTED RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE LOSS ...SO HE GOT ANOTHER PASSPORT SENT IT TO THE HO SO HE CAN HAVE HIS VISA TRANSFERED TO THE NEW PASSPORT.....AFTER WAITIN FOR SO LONG, THE POOR GUY GOT A BOMBSHELL THE HO SAID ALTHOUGH THEY ACKNOWLEDGE HE WAS ISSUED WITH A VISA B4 BUT THEY NO LONGER DO VISA DAT HE NEEDS A RESIDENT CARD....HE WS TOLD HE SHLD NO LONGER REMAIN IN THE UK, HIS PASSPORT RETURNED ...... HE WAS GIVEN RIGHT TO APPEAL....ANY IDEA WAT TO DO GUYS

junaidmirza

Post by junaidmirza » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:59 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:hello guys i need yr advice although its not about DLR BUT I JUST HOPE SOMEONE MIGHT HAVE AN IDEA... MY FRIEND'S BROTHER WAS GRANTED A 5YR VISA COS HE MARRIED AN EU, A YEAR AFTER HE SUBMITTED HIS PASSPORT TO HO AS PART OF SUPPORTIN DOCS FOR HIS YOUNGER BRO TO APPLY AS HIS DEPENDANT... HIS PASSPORT GOT LOST, THE HO NEVA ACCEPTED RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE LOSS ...SO HE GOT ANOTHER PASSPORT SENT IT TO THE HO SO HE CAN HAVE HIS VISA TRANSFERED TO THE NEW PASSPORT.....AFTER WAITIN FOR SO LONG, THE POOR GUY GOT A BOMBSHELL THE HO SAID ALTHOUGH THEY ACKNOWLEDGE HE WAS ISSUED WITH A VISA B4 BUT THEY NO LONGER DO VISA DAT HE NEEDS A RESIDENT CARD....HE WS TOLD HE SHLD NO LONGER REMAIN IN THE UK, HIS PASSPORT RETURNED ...... HE WAS GIVEN RIGHT TO APPEAL....ANY IDEA WAT TO DO GUYS
Strange, TOC should be done without any problem if enough evidence of previous visa has been provided. Is he still married to EU national??
Also, please visit the link below
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -passport/

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:06 pm

@JUNAIDMIRZA THE HO ACKNOWLEDGES HE WS PREVIOUSLY ISSUED A VISA,,,NO HE IS NO LONGER WITH THE EU NATIONAL.. HE IS NOW WIT A BRITISH LADY AND THEY HV A SON WHO IS 15MONTHS OLD

poketoholo

Post by poketoholo » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:28 pm

@God's authority, ...have a similar case to yours. First applied for FLR(M) in 2009, but refused, cos HO said i have to go and apply in my country, appealed and filed for FLR(O) on compassionate ground based on my son generic condition, i was granted, 3 yrs. And filed for an on time extension last August 2012, done Bio Feb 2013, but since then i am still waiting! So don't worry, u'll be granted!..by His Grace!

Persistence overcome resistance!
pt

junaidmirza

Post by junaidmirza » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:37 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@JUNAIDMIRZA THE HO ACKNOWLEDGES HE WS PREVIOUSLY ISSUED A VISA,,,NO HE IS NO LONGER WITH THE EU NATIONAL.. HE IS NOW WIT A BRITISH LADY AND THEY HV A SON WHO IS 15MONTHS OLD
I will suggest your friends brother to take a legal advice. If he was given 5 year visa because he was married to EU NATIONAL and now as the circumstances have been changed as well and he is not with EU Natioanl and living with a British lady, its real hard for me to comment but i ll suggest to take a legal advice asap.