ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:59 pm

someperson49 wrote:
Yes estate agent can do property report and these are accepted by home office.They would charge from £40 to £100.

Remember I already told you check with your local council as some council do free.

UK_Banned_Member

I asked the council, they dont do it. Ive asked a couple of estate agents, but their charging £150 for the report which wouldnt include any pictures.
Check estate agent near your house and check if there is an Asain estate agent.They would charge.YOu can take pictures and measure yourself.Not big problem.

My estimate is upto 50-60 pounds would be OK.

UK_Banned_Member
Please always seek legal advise from OSIC consultant or immigration solicitor.These are my personal views gain through experience or study.

UK_Banned_Member

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:01 pm

17F4N wrote:Hi Sabeen

same boat as you...

however my wife had submitted her passport last monday along with the TB certificate and today she received call to collect her passport tomorrow.

I am very baffled as they told my wife the passport will be ready for collection after 4 weeks and nomally when they say 4 week it is normally 8 weeks. I just hope ECO havent f***ked up again..

i will keep you informed...
sabeen wrote:Hi Guys,

Just a quick question do you know how long does it take for the Embassy to stamp the visa on Passport after ECO has withdrawn its decision and you submit your passport along with you TB test? I have heard they take couple of weeks, has anyone had there’s sooner to later then that?

Reply in just one week.And in Pakistan...

What is going on your case?

Surprising

UK_Banned_Member
Please always seek legal advise from OSIC consultant or immigration solicitor.These are my personal views gain through experience or study.

UK_Banned_Member

Jameel17
Newly Registered

Post by Jameel17 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:32 pm

same boat as you...

however my wife had submitted her passport last monday along with the TB certificate and today she received call to collect her passport tomorrow.

I am very baffled as they told my wife the passport will be ready for collection after 4 weeks and nomally when they say 4 week it is normally 8 weeks. I just hope ECO havent f***ked up again..

Just a quick question do you know how long does it take for the Embassy to stamp the visa on Passport after ECO has withdrawn its decision and you submit your passport along with you TB test? I have heard they take couple of weeks, has anyone had there’s sooner to later then that?
wonderful news for you. My wife submitted hers before yours and shes still waiting for the call. We were told it would be done by the 16th...

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:45 pm

immigrationuk2009 wrote:Hi
kaidee wrote:Hi,

Great thread, wish I'd found it before I got married! May have put me off :lol: and I'd be footloose and fancy free :wink:

I'm currently in the UK but plan on travelling to Pakistan to bring my wife back with me when she gets the thumbs up in shaa Allah. I was wondering if it is prudent/beneficial in the slightest to go to Pakistan and accompany my wife when she submits her application (seeing as I'm going to be there at one point or another anyway). I'd only have say 2 weeks though and of course turn around times are erratic.

Yay? Nay? I've somehow built an impression that applications with both partners present tend to be quicker and successful :?

(and yes, I do like smilies!)

No any plus point.Vac application centre act like courier.They have no authority to issue visa or influence on visa.They simply collect your application and forward to Islamabad.

British Embassy would not know that you both went to submit application.

This is really funny thing.
You can have two week holidays to spend with your wife but going together to submit application is not going to help you.Simple is that

Even I am afraid you would not be able to get into Vac Building with your wife.May be you need special permission for that.

So no point of thinking to going and submitting application together.

UK_Banned_Member :D :roll:
Thanks for your reply :)

Anybody know how much it costs in rupees (PKR) to get a Pakistani passport made in Pakistan (first one, express service, must be fast haha)?

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:36 am

Let me answer my own question: http://www.dgip.gov.pk/Files/Ordinary%20Passport.html

4000 big ones may get the job done urgently (in 5 days)

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:27 am

kaidee wrote:Let me answer my own question: http://www.dgip.gov.pk/Files/Ordinary%20Passport.html

Typical incompetent Pak Authority cant even get their prices right
Normal (72-Pages) 18, Above & Under Rs.45,00/-
What 45,000 Rs for a passport??

or should it be 4,500 Rs??

:D :D :D :D :D

17F4N
Newly Registered

Post by 17F4N » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:44 pm

With great pleasure i can announce my wife has her visa in hand and can legally travel to the UK..

what a bloody experience and drama!! so this is my story...

*got married on 31st July 2010 (taken all documents)
*one week after the wedding wife obtain medical certificate
*I get told my wifes ID card had to be changed to my name
*submitted an application form to update ID - this has taken 8 weeks (typical pakis error on their part)
*after 8 weeks i got told we didnt need to update the ID with my name
*as my wife updated her ID she had to update her passport to my name as well
*new passport arrived a week later
*early October 09 - finally submitted SPOUSE VISA APPLICATION FORM
*early December 09 - Application refused due to Nikah nama issue
*early Jan 2010 - sumbitted all the relevant documents to UK VISA SECTION
*not heard anything
*early Feb 2010 - email sent to enquire the application
*received an email back instantly stating 'decision has been overturned'
*no official document received by ECO/UK VISA for next steps
*sent more emails to them
*8th March wife received a call from Islamabad office stating Visa has been authorised and to submit the passport to the gerry office.
*9th March passport / medical certificated submitted to Mirpur office and was informed it will take 4 weeks
*18th March AM Gerry office called my wife stating passport is ready for collection
19th March AM - Passport collected and VISA STAMPED

now im off to book a flight for the misses!!! :-)

Jameel17 wrote:

same boat as you...

wonderful news for you. My wife submitted hers before yours and shes still waiting for the call. We were told it would be done by the 16th...

someperson49
Newly Registered

Post by someperson49 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:09 pm

Hello

I have a trip booked for this Tuesday, so things have become urgent.

I have got the house inspection done and will get the documents on monday, but without photographs.

I need to know what documents have to be certified. I went to the solicitors and was told that I didnt need to certify every page of my passport. I was also told I had to certify my accomodation letters? anyone know what exactly has to be certfied? Do I also need to certfy my NI card and birth certificate, is that necessary?

Thankyou

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:21 pm

Remember things done in a hurry always end up in a refusal.

If you are getting advice fromyour solicitor, then why ask people on here as you are going to get conflicting advice.

House report done without photos, not certifying every page of your passport and certifying things that dont need doing looks like a receipe of disaster.

Good luck though :roll:

someperson49
Newly Registered

Post by someperson49 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:42 pm

Id prefer advice from here because people have actual experience, especially from someone like batleykhan, also it wasnt my solicitor never needed one before, just asked around.

OK so I should certify every page of the passport and my Pakistan ID card, but what else? and what doesnt need certifying.

Also would I need to certify my passport again in Pakistan to show Im visiting (is it even worth certifying anything in Pakistan), or would other evidence such as plane ticket, receipt, pictures be acceptable.

Also can I submit money tranfers reciepts which were sent by my mum to her father and explain that I had sent money for her, these were done at the time of the wedding, or is there no point.

I know Ive been bit stupid with this but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thankyou

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:35 pm

batleykhan wrote:
kaidee wrote:Let me answer my own question: http://www.dgip.gov.pk/Files/Ordinary%20Passport.html

Typical incompetent Pak Authority cant even get their prices right
Normal (72-Pages) 18, Above & Under Rs.45,00/-
What 45,000 Rs for a passport??

or should it be 4,500 Rs??

:D :D :D :D :D
My wife paid Rs3000 for an 'urgent' in Feburary.

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:37 pm

17F4N wrote:With great pleasure i can announce my wife has her visa in hand and can legally travel to the UK..

what a bloody experience and drama!! so this is my story...

*got married on 31st July 2010 (taken all documents)
*one week after the wedding wife obtain medical certificate
*I get told my wifes ID card had to be changed to my name
*submitted an application form to update ID - this has taken 8 weeks (typical pakis error on their part)
*after 8 weeks i got told we didnt need to update the ID with my name
*as my wife updated her ID she had to update her passport to my name as well
*new passport arrived a week later
*early October 09 - finally submitted SPOUSE VISA APPLICATION FORM
*early December 09 - Application refused due to Nikah nama issue
*early Jan 2010 - sumbitted all the relevant documents to UK VISA SECTION
*not heard anything
*early Feb 2010 - email sent to enquire the application
*received an email back instantly stating 'decision has been overturned'
*no official document received by ECO/UK VISA for next steps
*sent more emails to them
*8th March wife received a call from Islamabad office stating Visa has been authorised and to submit the passport to the gerry office.
*9th March passport / medical certificated submitted to Mirpur office and was informed it will take 4 weeks
*18th March AM Gerry office called my wife stating passport is ready for collection
19th March AM - Passport collected and VISA STAMPED

now im off to book a flight for the misses!!! :-)

Jameel17 wrote:

same boat as you...

Did you time travel to the future and get married? :lol:

Brother I am very happy for you, Inshallah everything will go well.

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:40 pm

someperson49 wrote:Hello

I have a trip booked for this Tuesday, so things have become urgent.

I have got the house inspection done and will get the documents on monday, but without photographs.

I need to know what documents have to be certified. I went to the solicitors and was told that I didnt need to certify every page of my passport. I was also told I had to certify my accomodation letters? anyone know what exactly has to be certfied? Do I also need to certfy my NI card and birth certificate, is that necessary?

Thankyou
You cannot certify any original document or letter (like your accomodation letter), but you can have it counter signed by the solicitor. Basically you need to certify any photocopy you plan to submit with the application so that means passports, ID cards, NI card etc

Why are you in a mad rush?

You are better off getting married, having a nice time and when you get back compiling the application. The temptation is to get everything done ASAP but bro you are are unprepared. Applications are being processed quicker so by waiting at most you will add an extra month to the process.

A few weeks patience now could save you months of heartache in the future.

someperson49
Newly Registered

Post by someperson49 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:56 am

Ive been married a year, but my wife was finishing her studies and I had to find a permanent full time job, thats why Im visiting and intend to take the paperwork, I was expecting to go later but a few things have changed and my parents are putting me under pressure.

I have already sorted out the employment and finances details, only thing left is verifying documents. I guess I wont have to get any of the letters signed.

Im sorry for my questions, but Ive just found some of the application confusing.

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:13 am

someperson49 - I've just sent you a PM...bottom line is you really should look to get copies signed - if not from UK coz of time, then from a 'notary public' solicitor in Pak.
Last edited by RHussain07 on Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:14 am

Membes,

I was taking a look at the VAF4A form and came across the following questions:

8.4.15: Is your sponsor responsible for supporting anyone financially including children listed above?

I live with my mother and naturally help/pay for household stuff – weekly shopping, home insurance etc etc. My mother receives income support. What should my answer be?

There is a follow on question that is linked to the above later in the form

8.7.15: How much of your sponsor’s total monthly income is given to their family members and other dependents?
Can someone advise please?

RHussain07

Re: evidence of how trip is to be funded

Post by RHussain07 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:18 am

Last edited by RHussain07 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:38 am

Hey BatleyKhan - I'm not married yet so sending alot cash to my fiancee would look strange/not customary (she has an id card).

Sorry I keep you getting confused with someone else.......... yes it would not be appropiate to send to much money in view that she is your fiancee ( and not wife) but the odd £50 - £100 0nce in a blue moon will not cause any harm ( shows your token of appreciation of love to your fiancee.... which bodes well in that everything is done cordially between you and your future wife)

its basically so i dont have to carry alot of cash when i travel to Pak...i figured that if i was to send to fiancee dads account i could show receipt to demonstarte how she is funding ticket and application fee

they ask for evidence of this

There is no harm in doing this, but is her dad a close rlative of yours?. If he was your uncle then thats fine, if not then I would be careful sending a lot ogf money to inlaws before you get married.( All inlaws are too nice before marriage for my liking...... if you know what I mean)

If he is not relative, then send money to your own relative from whom you can get it after they have collected. The ECO will not ask you how your wife will pay for the trip. They are not interested in that/

Do u think this is OK then?

someperson49
Newly Registered

Post by someperson49 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:41 am

OK I have another question, Ive just found out my wifes ID card is in Urdu. Does she need the english version for the application?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:44 am

RHussain07 wrote:Membes,

I was taking a look at the VAF4A form and came across the following questions:

8.4.15: Is your sponsor responsible for supporting anyone financially including children listed above?

I live with my mother and naturally help/pay for household stuff – weekly shopping, home insurance etc etc. My mother receives income support. What should my answer be?

There is a follow on question that is linked to the above later in the form

8.7.15: How much of your sponsor’s total monthly income is given to their family members and other dependents?
Can someone advise please?
I would put down that you help your parents with living costs ( like food,bills etc)

In the next question you put down what you contribute ( so if you recieve a salary of £1000pcm, put something like £300,unless you pay a specific amount)

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:06 pm

someperson49 wrote:OK I have another question, Ive just found out my wifes ID card is in Urdu. Does she need the english version for the application?
Nope. ID Card is to prove her identity in Pak and therefore most are Urdu.

I understand your parents maybe putting you under pressure but you need you need to get this right. Have you compared you list of documents with the checklists posted further back in the thread?

You can used this visit as evidence that you marriage is geninue by submitting the visa stamps and a couple of photos from your trip.

someperson49
Newly Registered

Post by someperson49 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:34 pm

[quote="amr2010"][quote="someperson49"]OK I have another question, Ive just found out my wifes ID card is in Urdu. Does she need the english version for the application?[/quote]

Nope. ID Card is to prove her identity in Pak and therefore most are Urdu.

I understand your parents maybe putting you under pressure but you need you need to get this right. Have you compared you list of documents with the checklists posted further back in the thread?

You can used this visit as evidence that you marriage is geninue by submitting the visa stamps and a couple of photos from your trip.[/quote]

OK thanks, Ive got most of the documents done, just lacking enough evidence of contact hence the month long trip. About the visa stamps, should I just copy that page whilst there and submit that in addition to the whole passport being certified from the UK.

someperson49
Newly Registered

Post by someperson49 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:48 am

Hello

Another question, under what circumstances must you include your old passport. My current one is from 2005,and I got married in 2009. Is that enough? or do I need to find my old passport.

Thankyou

GD78

Post by GD78 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:25 am

Another question, under what circumstances must you include your old passport. My current one is from 2005,and I got married in 2009. Is that enough? or do I need to find my old passport.

Thankyou
From my understanding and experience in submitting a Settlement visa application one should submit all their previous passports with the application. The visa application center staff stapled all my old passports 2gether with my newest passport on top.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:53 am

Thankyou
Only if its relevant to your application ( meaning that you travelled on it to Pak to get married, but has subsequently expired and you have a new one). If its not relevant dont attach it. The ECO is not interested in it.

Remember the ECO only has about 20-30 minutes to look at your application and make a descision.

He doesnt sit there and read and look at things which are irrelevant