ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bugu07

Re: processing speed

Post by bugu07 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:59 pm

Hi Nanette 9jarian and other senior members
I applied for CoN and waiting for more than 5 weeks. I have to change my address now. what can I do to expedite it. Should I call dept and give them my new address. will they ask for more documents now like new proof of address. this may delay things as I can not get any document about proof of address immediatly. Please help

hohbfa
Newly Registered

Post by hohbfa » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:05 pm

ArtVision wrote:Hello everyone,
great forum, thank for all your contribution to the topic,
here is my experience

Applied in Oct 2009 based on 5 year residency, no request for additional documents so far, I plan to send them my recent pay-slips and P21,
called INIS yesterday to ask about the status of my application:

The answer of a nice Mary: "based on your application number 68/94**/09, I can see you applied in Oct 2009, we are currently looking at May 2009 applications, when we reach yours it will be processed quickly"

No indication of time line was given to me, they really do not know.
It seems that with the current processing speed of 2000 applications per month, they should reach October 2009 batch in 2 month, assuming they work in a chronological order, in reality it will take longer.
Just wondering do you have LTR? If yes, then when did you applied and when did you get it?

Because seems like one who has LTR, his file is processed quickly

hohbfa
Newly Registered

Post by hohbfa » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:06 pm

bugu07 wrote:Hi Nanette 9jarian and other senior members
I applied for CoN and waiting for more than 5 weeks. I have to change my address now. what can I do to expedite it. Should I call dept and give them my new address. will they ask for more documents now like new proof of address. this may delay things as I can not get any document about proof of address immediatly. Please help
You can go to AnPost Office and buy the mail redirection facility. INIS will still send your CoN to your old address but Post Office will redirect it to your new address.

I think its worth to buy it rather than calling INIS and getting things messed up

dublintogalway

hi

Post by dublintogalway » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:10 pm

Hi guys,

I have original marriage and birth certificates which are not in the long form.I also have copy of affidavits for MC and BC which i used while applying for naturalization as my certificates were not in the long form.

I have to now apply for Irish passport and according to dfa web site, I have to submit long form MC and BC.
Can i use the same affidavit copy for irish passport?or do I have to again get new affidavit done for MC and BC from solicitor?
Is there any validity period for affidavit?
I have to submit all the documents in original with passport application but not sure what to do with affidavits...

cheers

ArtVision
Newly Registered

Post by ArtVision » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:23 pm

hohbfa wrote:
here is my experience

Applied in Oct 2009 based on 5 year residency, no request for additional documents so far, I plan to send them my recent pay-slips and P21,

The answer of a nice Mary: "based on your application number 68/94**/09, I can see you applied in Oct 2009, we are currently looking at May 2009 applications, when we reach yours it will be processed quickly"

It seems that with the current processing speed of 2000 applications per month, they should reach October 2009 batch in 2 month, assuming they work in a chronological order, in reality it will take longer.
Just wondering do you have LTR? If yes, then when did you applied and when did you get it?

No, I do not have LTR, so they have to wait for Garda report as well.

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:31 pm

ArtVision wrote:
hohbfa wrote:
here is my experience

Well those who already have LTR received their approval. Even from 2010 applications who recently got LTR got their naturalization approved. So my friend there is no chronological order here.

On inis web site it says:
The section is currently commencing further processing of applications received in late 2009

But for you they are telling that they are processing May 2009 Applications. May 2009 does not fall under late 2009 processing time frame. Good Luck with your application, but these guys are making a mess out of this system.

ArtVision
Newly Registered

Post by ArtVision » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:21 pm

alpha_1 wrote:
ArtVision wrote:
hohbfa wrote:
ArtVision wrote:"

Well those who already have LTR received their approval. Even from 2010 applications who recently got LTR got their naturalization approved. So my friend there is no chronological order here.

The section is currently commencing further processing of applications received in late 2009

But for you they are telling that they are processing May 2009 Applications. May 2009 does not fall under late 2009 processing time frame. Good Luck with your application, but these guys are making a mess out of this system.
Yes, I know, there is so much contradictory information at the stage that any predictions are just pure speculations, for example on the INIS phone when placed in the waiting line, the voice says: average processing time is 26 months, while on their website it has been reduced to 23 months

soikdub
Newly Registered

Post by soikdub » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:53 am

:D Called INIS for the status of my application: file was sent to minister for a decision in May. Should get an answer in few weeks as told by mary in INIS. :roll:

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:30 am

soikdub wrote::D Called INIS for the status of my application: file was sent to minister for a decision in May. Should get an answer in few weeks as told by mary in INIS. :roll:
Good to know. Good Luck with this.
When did you apply for naturalization?
And I guess you also have LTR?

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:13 pm

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:14 pm

alpha_1 wrote:

When you say LTR, do you mean Stamp 4 or Stamp 5?
I've been in Ireland since I was 6 years old.. (1999) and I've Stamp 4 (I applied for naturalization in 2010).. and my mom has Stamp 5 and she applied in 2007.. her application has been with the Minister for a few months now.. no replies.. you're right, the system is a mess. i don't understand how they are processing 2009 when there are people waiting from 2007/2008.. :/

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:28 pm

Marisa wrote:..
??

Eastend

Post by Eastend » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:33 pm

Angel592 wrote:
Eastend wrote:No sign of approvals after 22 of June. I guess another big burst of approvals is on the way after two weeks and this time ceremony will be even bigger. Maybe for couple of hundreds new citizens.... 8) :?:
Oh yes, I hope so, that would be quite delightful! Hopefully ours will be in the next batch :)
I am from group of 2007 and my file is with minister since May this year. 49 months of waiting and now I am keeping my figures crossed.

biggerjosh

hi all

Post by biggerjosh » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:39 pm

recently i took oath and i got the signature of the judge but as i was going through the yellow form i noticed that there's no seal is this the normal way they do or they missed on mine thanks ur response will be highly appreciated thanks

Eastend

Post by Eastend » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:43 pm

9jeirean wrote:
Eastend wrote:Anyone who attended citizenship ceremony can tell us what was the procedure to attend and how the got invitation for this ceremony. Did they pay 950 Euros at Dublin castle or send draft to INIS in advance.
According to INIS, those who attend last week were selected randomly from the approval list and are sent invitation letters and request for payment passport photographs etc ahead of the ceremony. The CoN are handed out on the day of the ceremony.

9jeirean
Thanks 9jeirean for great info. That means people attending ceremony are getting informed well in advance from the date of ceremony. Last ceremony was on 24th of June and they must have informed to applicant at least 2 weeks prior to this or maybe more to arrange draft and photographs to send to INIS. INIS also required some time to print CoN before ceremony. I think if they have a ceremony in July same as June, they will inform selective people by 10th of July for the same.

Eastend

Post by Eastend » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:46 pm

bugu07 wrote:Hi Nanette 9jarian and other senior members
I think you send them one proof of address by registered post along with covering letter but if you can wait or can collect your post i guess wait another week because i think you will get your CoN within next week.

Eastend

Post by Eastend » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:50 pm

soikdub wrote::D Called INIS for the status of my application: file was sent to minister for a decision in May. Should get an answer in few weeks as told by mary in INIS. :roll:
:D :D :D I got the same reply :D :D

Eastend

Post by Eastend » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:53 pm

Angel592 wrote:
alpha_1 wrote:

When you say LTR, do you mean Stamp 4 or Stamp 5?
I've been in Ireland since I was 6 years old.. (1999) and I've Stamp 4 (I applied for naturalization in 2010).. and my mom has Stamp 5 and she applied in 2007.. her application has been with the Minister for a few months now.. no replies.. you're right, the system is a mess. i don't understand how they are processing 2009 when there are people waiting from 2007/2008.. :/
If your file is with minister for more than 8 week i think you must write to minister directly for the same.

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:02 pm

Eastend wrote:
Angel592 wrote:
Eastend wrote:No sign of approvals after 22 of June. I guess another big burst of approvals is on the way after two weeks and this time ceremony will be even bigger. Maybe for couple of hundreds new citizens.... 8) :?:
Oh yes, I hope so, that would be quite delightful! Hopefully ours will be in the next batch :)
I am from group of 2007 and my file is with minister since May this year. 49 months of waiting and now I am keeping my figures crossed.
Yeaah I guess you're in the same boat as my mom :( hope u all get ur approvals in the next batch!

biggerjosh

Post by biggerjosh » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:05 pm

recently i took oath and i got the signature of the judge but as i was going through the yellow form i noticed that there's no seal is this the normal way they do or they missed on mine thanks ur response will be highly appreciated thanks

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:06 pm

Eastend wrote:
Angel592 wrote:
Yeaah I guess you're in the same boat as my mom :( hope u all get ur approvals in the next batch!

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:12 pm

Aceform wrote:??
No, it's not that you might have thought :D
I didn't get anything. And didn't bother to call them either. I remain positive in one thing - our applications (second half of 2008) are piled together.

taquilasunrise
Newly Registered

Post by taquilasunrise » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:26 pm

Marisa wrote:
I didn't get anything. And didn't bother to call them either. I remain positive in one thing - our applications (second half of 2008) are piled together.
Hi Marisa and Aceform; I was taking to INIS today. I called up around 12:20 pm and fortunately placed directly in call queue !! One of nice talking Mary then answered currently they are clearing all 2007/2008 and 2009 backlog as they are getting lots of complainants from those batches. So you both might get your yellow form in next month's batch.

I am from Jun2010 batch + LTR approved and she assured ours will processed much quicker than previously thought (23/26 months). She didn't give any timeline but again assured it might be late this year or early next year.

So keep your fingers crossed :D

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:33 pm

Marisa wrote:
hmmm, thought you got the same answer as mine :-)

Ok so, called up INIS again this afternoon. Kept trying for almost 90 odd minutes and on hold for 30 minutes. Spoke to a very very nice Mary. This time more promising news........

Your file is back from the Ministers office, and we are posting out a letter for you today. Don't know how true this is. If it is true, then we both (along with other 2008 applicants) should receive the yellow forms by early next week.

So fingers, knees and toes are crossed.

Wish you all the best.
Last edited by Aceform on Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:33 pm

taquilasunrise wrote:
Marisa wrote:
Hi Marisa and Aceform; I was taking to INIS today. I called up around 12:20 pm and fortunately placed directly in call queue !! One of nice talking Mary then answered currently they are clearing all 2007/2008 and 2009 backlog as they are getting lots of complainants from those batches. So you both might get your yellow form in next month's batch.

I am from Jun2010 batch + LTR approved and she assured ours will processed much quicker than previously thought (23/26 months). She didn't give any timeline but again assured it might be late this year or early next year.

So keep your fingers crossed :D
Cheers taquilasunrise. I have everything crossed at the moment ;-)