ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MizzTracy89
United Kingdom

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by MizzTracy89 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:47 pm

Pak1230 wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:57 pm
MizzTracy89 wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:18 pm
Hi everyone so on Monday it'll be 15 days since my case was escalated I know I'm not going to get decision I wasn't holding my breath on it anyway, but I was just wondering what email ppl got after 15 days of escalation was up from the ukvi?
Hi MizzTracy89

i’ve got this on the 17-aug-2018 in regards to escalation-

We received an enquiry regarding your escalation.

I have escalated your application to the relevant department in order to expedite it; a decision will be made as soon as possible. Your patience is appreciated.

I’m still waiting, praying for the best Inshallha, i hope you get positive news soon
I pray for good news for u soon pak1230 please keep us updated on ur process :)

Uzma60
Pakistan

Post by Uzma60 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:00 pm

MizzTracy89 wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:18 pm
Hi everyone so on Monday it'll be 15 days since my case was escalated I know I'm not going to get decision I wasn't holding my breath on it anyway, but I was just wondering what email ppl got after 15 days of escalation was up from the ukvi?
i received this in response of escalation
Thank you for your enquiry

I apologise for the delay in responding.

We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however please be assured that we are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to.

We appreciate your patience at this time, and will update you as and when we have any additional information

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

Kind Regards

IH

UKVI Contact Centre Service - UK Decision Making Centre
www.GOV.UK

Uzma60
Pakistan

Post by Uzma60 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:03 pm

Pak1230 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:49 pm
Uzma60 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:27 pm
anyone got response or any message from home office . i hav been reading all n waiting since twenty weeks . i check almost everyday to see all the updates n get so happy wn somone get positive response . i pray for everybody . may u all get visa soon ameen
Hi, not as of yet still waiting gone past 7 months, Inshallha thanks for the dua, hoping for the best
hi
u welcome n thanku for updating

Uzma60
Pakistan

Post by Uzma60 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:05 pm

Khayrulewara wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:19 pm
Uzma60 wrote:
anyone got response or any message from home office . i hav been reading all n waiting since twenty weeks . i check almost everyday to see all the updates n get so happy wn somone get positive response . i pray for everybody . may u all get visa soon ameen
Hi k3ep us in ur duas been waiting for 8 months now and no uodate. I've contacted mp so many times but nothing very frustrating
in sha allah u ll hear from home office soon coz i know two person they got response after 8 months n got visa as well
hve ptience in sha Allah u ll get visa soon
best wishes

Ponpan Knight
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by Ponpan Knight » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:38 am

I applied for Settlement Visa on 27 March 2018 (Biometric) in Bangkok.
Received not straightforward email 60 working days.
My husband has not yet received the original documents back.
My case is escalated at least 4 times and My husband contacted MP to get involved 120 working days but MP can't do anything. This delay is depressing me and my husband and it's ruining our relationship with this waiting game.

As it's mention on the GOV.UK about the processing time of settlement visa that 100% of settlement application within 24 weeks (120 working days) of the application date. I sent the complaint email to home office and also posted on WhatDoTheyKnow. I know there're still many people who are waiting longer than 24 weeks. I think if we are together and complain about this delay, home office will probably take action.
This delay is ruining our lives and we do not deserve the unacceptable service.

Anyone have any idea to chase the decision, please let me know?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:20 am

Depends on the case, some are not straightforward so take a long time. Was there anything in your application that would have made it more complex like children, previous marriages, previous refusals, 2 jobs etc?

If you already have MP on-board there is no one else that can have much more involvement really.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Miyash
Pakistan

Post by Miyash » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:55 pm

Ponpan Knight wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:38 am
My case is escalated at least 4 times and My husband contacted MP to get involved 120 working days but MP can't do anything. This delay is depressing me and my husband and it's ruining our relationship with this waiting game.

As it's mention on the GOV.UK about the processing time of settlement visa that 100% of settlement application within 24 weeks (120 working days) of the application date. I sent the complaint email to home office and also posted on WhatDoTheyKnow. I know there're still many people who are waiting longer than 24 weeks. I think if we are together and complain about this delay, home office will probably take action.

its 189 working days today for our case.we r waiting since jan,2018.its so stressing u know.you said true its runing of life.Ho have no time scale for anything.we can just wait and see what will happen.

mmasim
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mmasim » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:08 pm

Hi, I have been waiting for my wife's and son's visa for past 7 months, is anybody here to help me how long do I have to wait more, is anybody here in same situation like me ?

According to home office's rule it's usually take 60 working days, I crossed that long time ago than I came to know it takes 6 months, 6 months already passed and I don't know how long it will take more to get my family visas ? I called home office after completing my 6 months they said they will give me response after 2 weeks, in third week I got a response from home office they said they are continuing working on my applications they didn't mention any time scale or didn't say there is any problem in my applications or any information they want from me, I am frustrated, I have been waiting patiently for past 7 months. I don't know what to do ? where to go ?

Please help me.

Pak1230
Pakistan

Post by Pak1230 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:09 pm

mmasim wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:08 pm
Hi, I have been waiting for my wife's and son's visa for past 7 months, is anybody here to help me how long do I have to wait more, is anybody here in same situation like me ?

According to home office's rule it's usually take 60 working days, I crossed that long time ago than I came to know it takes 6 months, 6 months already passed and I don't know how long it will take more to get my family visas ? I called home office after completing my 6 months they said they will give me response after 2 weeks, in third week I got a response from home office they said they are continuing working on my applications they didn't mention any time scale or didn't say there is any problem in my applications or any information they want from me, I am frustrated, I have been waiting patiently for past 7 months. I don't know what to do ? where to go ?

Please help me.
Hi, I am in the same boat as you, it’s over 7 months nearly hitting 8 months. it’s very difficult but we have to trust the almighty to have planed something better for us. It’s not ideal situation but, having positive thinking and hoping for the best will get us through this. I prayer for everyone who are waiting for so long to get positive descsion ASAP.

mmasim
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mmasim » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:07 pm

Hi, I am in the same boat as you, it’s over 7 months nearly hitting 8 months. it’s very difficult but we have to trust the almighty to have planed something better for us. It’s not ideal situation but, having positive thinking and hoping for the best will get us through this. I prayer for everyone who are waiting for so long to get positive descsion ASAP.

@ above response ......

mmasim : thanks for your reply, hopefully we'll get positive response soon - ameen.

Khayrulewara
Pakistan

Post by Khayrulewara » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:28 am

Uzma60 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:05 pm
Khayrulewara wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:19 pm
Uzma60 wrote:
Hi k3ep us in ur duas been waiting for 8 months now and no uodate. I've contacted mp so many times but nothing very frustrating
in sha allah u ll hear from home office soon coz i know two person they got response after 8 months n got visa as well
hve ptience in sha Allah u ll get visa soon
best wishes

Thank u that means alot I really hope we get it soon as the 9 month has started now. I just need it for the sake of my kids especially my disabled daughter

Khayrulewara
Pakistan

Post by Khayrulewara » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:35 am

Ponpan Knight wrote:

Hi I am right with you and understand your situation as I am in the same position. I have 2 kids one disabled daughter and I apply for husband visa at the end of January but I still have no reply. All they keep saying is no update. And it's really annoying and ruining our relationship. My daughter need her dad and I need his support. It so hard to have one Ill child and one 1 year kids at same time I can't handle it no more I wish we get a reply soon I have contacted local mp and HO so many times but nothing

MizzTracy89
United Kingdom

Post by MizzTracy89 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:03 pm

Khayrulewara wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:35 am
Ponpan Knight wrote:

Hi I am right with you and understand your situation as I am in the same position. I have 2 kids one disabled daughter and I apply for husband visa at the end of January but I still have no reply. All they keep saying is no update. And it's really annoying and ruining our relationship. My daughter need her dad and I need his support. It so hard to have one Ill child and one 1 year kids at same time I can't handle it no more I wish we get a reply soon I have contacted local mp and HO so many times but nothing
Praying for good news for you very soon!!! ik the heartache I have 2 children also still waiting on there daddy :(

Bnbraks
Newly Registered
India

Post by Bnbraks » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:01 pm

Mozah110 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:47 am
Dear Xxxxxx

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International enquiry service.
In regards to your query about the status of your application, we have made a decision on your application. We cannot discuss the outcome of your application on-line or by telephone. You should receive written details of your application within 10 working days. If you have requested a courier service, you can track the location of your travel document on line. If you have opted to collect your decision from a VAC team will notify you that your documents are ready for collection.
Please note that the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visa and Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration.
Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you. If you need any further help you should seek independent immigration advice. Immigration advisors can help you with immigration matters, including completion of forms and representing you at a tribunal. The Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) regulates immigration advisors, which means they must meet certain standards.
Regards,

Is this positive or negative? This email I got yesterday after 24weeks of submission. No email for pause or delay. This is the email I got after escalating the case.
Hi mozah11,
I have received similar status when I called , does it mean approved or refused? What happened to your application.

Regards
RK

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:45 am

Means decision made, you'll have to wait for passport to know decision. There is no hint's from these emails as they are all generic.

Khayrulewara
Pakistan

Post by Khayrulewara » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:07 am

Hi just quick question do you know how long after receiving email that decision is made. Do u recieve the text message or can collect passport. Do u know how quick you will recieve a msg or call after receiving an email

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:12 am

Probably within a week.

Pak1230
Pakistan

Post by Pak1230 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:08 pm

Khayrulewara wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:07 am
Hi just quick question do you know how long after receiving email that decision is made. Do u recieve the text message or can collect passport. Do u know how quick you will recieve a msg or call after receiving an email
Hello, was wondering if you received a decision made email now?

asingh42
United Kingdom

Post by asingh42 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:46 pm

I did not think it would take this long for my case but today marks 22 weeks since biometric which is 110 working days and no decision has been made. I just came back visiting my wife and I had hoped to bring her with me but only disappointment were to be had. This system is downright torture splitting people from their family.

Thelugi
Spain

Post by Thelugi » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:53 pm

aeshsaf wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:21 am
Londoner007 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:11 pm
Means exactly what it states, your application will take longer. They are probably checking certain aspects of your application. Was your application straightforward, i.e no multiple jobs, no previous refusals etc.?

I am on 47th working Day. I believe you need to cross 60 BD or 12 weeks to get a automated mail from HO stating your case is not straightforward.Couple of points which may have
Triggered additional checks

Documents returned on 6th of September

1) My first passport applied for in 1989 had my dads name included and given with a spelling error ( Thanks to my uncle who applied on my behalf when I was a kid) .No official documents have that name but I still mentioned it to make it transparent.

2) I have an active US B1/B2 Business Visa which I got in 2.5 months after background checks but was never denied a visa only deferred.

3) My 10 years travel history for work and holiday has west,middle-east and east.

Additional checks I clearly see is to do with my background ,you know what I mean :-) I hope this gets completed within 60 working days and I get my visa to see my wife ASAP else the waiting time frame becomes unknown.

Hi @aeshaf , as we have similar time scales, just wondering how you got on? Have you heard anything back at all?

Cheers.

Thelugi
Spain

Post by Thelugi » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:08 pm

Hi guys,

Have been keeping up with this thread for a while now, but this is the first time I'm posting (was kind of hoping I wouldn't be in a position where I'd have to, but here we are! :shock: )
Basically on our side, today marks the 57th working day from my fiancé's visa application from Pune, India. As we are so eager to get this and crack on with our wedding plans, I gave UKVI a call today just because I couldn't resist waiting 'til next week (Tuesday will mark the 60th working day). As expected, the UKVI operator was nice, but not of much help, all she said was that the application was still pending a decision and there was nothing she could do in terms of escalating it until the 60 working days are over and we haven't heard back by then. That was that, and since it was my first time calling them, she gave me a customer call reference number so that I could give this again next time I call.
HOWEVER, just a few hours after the call, we received the classic standard "Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straight forward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets"...
First of all... seems kind of an odd coincidence that we receive this email today, on the 57th working day and not the 60th and just a few hours after the call with UKVI. The other thing is that we always thought that our application was as straight forward as it could possibly be and even covered any small comments about the documents in cover letters.

Would be good to hear if someone has dealt with this kind of situation before and not had to wait an additional ridiculous amount of time?

Cheers guys.

Uzma60
Pakistan

Post by Uzma60 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:44 pm

Bnbraks wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:01 pm
Mozah110 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:47 am
Dear Xxxxxx

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International enquiry service.
In regards to your query about the status of your application, we have made a decision on your application. We cannot discuss the outcome of your application on-line or by telephone. You should receive written details of your application within 10 working days. If you have requested a courier service, you can track the location of your travel document on line. If you have opted to collect your decision from a VAC team will notify you that your documents are ready for collection.
Please note that the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visa and Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration.
Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you. If you need any further help you should seek independent immigration advice. Immigration advisors can help you with immigration matters, including completion of forms and representing you at a tribunal. The Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) regulates immigration advisors, which means they must meet certain standards.
Regards,

Is this positive or negative? This email I got yesterday after 24weeks of submission. No email for pause or delay. This is the email I got after escalating the case.
Hi mozah11,
I have received similar status when I called , does it mean approved or refused? What happened to your application.

Regards
RK
dear mozah110
just wanted to ask hav u escalated ur case ? if yeah how many times ?

aeshsaf
Newly Registered
India

Post by aeshsaf » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:45 am

Thelugi wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:53 pm
aeshsaf wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:21 am
Londoner007 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:11 pm
Means exactly what it states, your application will take longer. They are probably checking certain aspects of your application. Was your application straightforward, i.e no multiple jobs, no previous refusals etc.?

I am on 47th working Day. I believe you need to cross 60 BD or 12 weeks to get a automated mail from HO stating your case is not straightforward.Couple of points which may have
Triggered additional checks

Documents returned on 6th of September

1) My first passport applied for in 1989 had my dads name included and given with a spelling error ( Thanks to my uncle who applied on my behalf when I was a kid) .No official documents have that name but I still mentioned it to make it transparent.

2) I have an active US B1/B2 Business Visa which I got in 2.5 months after background checks but was never denied a visa only deferred.

3) My 10 years travel history for work and holiday has west,middle-east and east.

Additional checks I clearly see is to do with my background ,you know what I mean :-) I hope this gets completed within 60 working days and I get my visa to see my wife ASAP else the waiting time frame becomes unknown.

Hi @aeshaf , as we have similar time scales, just wondering how you got on? Have you heard anything back at all?

Cheers.
Hi @Thelugi Unfortunately my answer is a big "NO". Applied for priority ( 30 working days ) crossed , now i see standard application candidates with 60 working days have started getting their decisions. I am on the 59th working day with a priority Visa and tomorrow will be the last day for 12 week completion. Unlucky us inspite of everything being straightforward with all correct documention and money spent for priority. Patience and waiting game is no for sometime now.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:18 am

@aeshaf, what makes you think your application was straightforward?

Did you have previous marriage, previous applications, 2 jobs, children?

Khayrulewara
Pakistan

Post by Khayrulewara » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:01 pm

Pak1230 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:08 pm
Khayrulewara wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:07 am
Hello, was wondering if you received a decision made email now?
Hi no I haven't rexieved an email my solicitor has done everything for me and all emails come to him.he has done about 4 application so he got an email to say decision has been made but didn't put down who's case it was so that's why I asked. Unfortunately it' wasn't my case someone else's. Apparently they are still investigating my case after 9 months wow wat more do they need to investigate just make a damn decision already. No ask me to send him an email from my daughter's doctor to see if they would speed things up he has sent tht so maybe and hopefully we will get something soon. I'm just done with this honestly so frustrated just can't handle it no more I mean 9 months dam. It 9 months I've waitited with no damn response and bo reason to why they are doing this. It's hurts alot. I can't cope no more 😢😢😢