ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea2 wait

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

splitz
Newly Registered

Post by splitz » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:22 pm

What time did you call??
My wife also got through twice the other day, I havent managed to get through once !!!

photoGIRL23
Newly Registered

Post by photoGIRL23 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:15 pm

I called between 2:00 and 3:00 pm....

aussiegirl

phones

Post by aussiegirl » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:02 am

Maybe they really are improving the service - when you finally do get through to someone, if you have a legitimate complaint they are much better disposed to actually helping you. The last two times I called, they put me on hold while they spoke to a manager, and when I demanded a yes or no answer and to speak with someone higher up, they said they couldn't do that, but that a caseworker manager would call me back. And she actually did, within 20 minutes! I was in shock.

I really hope everyone else on here catches this luck and gets their RCs soon. fingers crossed!

mourad

Re: phones

Post by mourad » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:45 am

aussiegirl wrote:Maybe they really are improving the service - when you finally do get through to someone, if you have a legitimate complaint they are much better disposed to actually helping you. The last two times I called, they put me on hold while they spoke to a manager, and when I demanded a yes or no answer and to speak with someone higher up, they said they couldn't do that, but that a caseworker manager would call me back. And she actually did, within 20 minutes! I was in shock.

I really hope everyone else on here catches this luck and gets their RCs soon. fingers crossed!
i just spoke to someone 2 minutes ago after being kept on hold for 15 minutes she was polite and everything and she said they have experienced " a slight delay in european application" she took my name date of birth and referance number. she went away i could hear her talking to someone in the background for about 3 minutes and she came back saying "oh sorry your file is with the case worker and i`m unable to tell you when a decision will be made".
then i asked to speak to the caseworker i have her name she said case workers do not take calls for either costumers or helpdesk operators and the only way i could get in touch with her is in writing.

and the suffring continious....to be continued

kuka

Post by kuka » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:38 am

Hi everyone!

I was reading this forum for a while and found a lots of help and advices.
So I decided to share my expereinces with HO.

Me and my husband, national of Iran, got married September 2008 and in November 2008 applied ofr EEA2 for my husband.
I do not why I was waiting so long to start complaining and contacting MP.
I've sent complaint letter to HO via e-mail on 20 July!
then on 28th July received a letter from HO about my complaint and indication of our case ID numer, saying that case worker will contact us soon if she/he needs any more documentation/info.
Since then no news and it's been nearly 2 weeks.
So, shall I phone to HO and ask how progressing our application? or shall I wait?

How long does it take to get RC after you recieved response od your complaint letter?

Thanks!

aussiegirl

response to complain

Post by aussiegirl » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:01 pm

Kuka - definitely phone HO again and let them know that you haven't received a follow up since the first letter. Ask them to note it down on your case file and try and get them to say they'll look into it. Remember the name of the person that you speak with for future reference. I would suggest following up that phone call with a fax to the standard Liverppol UKBA European Office number, saying that you haven't received a follow up from a caseworker, and as you have now been waiting 9 months, you are now going to contact your local MP and EU Solvit to get them to look into it. And then contact your MP and Solvit. Check previous posts on this thread for info on how to do that.

It shouldn't take them long to send you the request for additional documentation (usually its just up to date payslips and bills with your address on it). They will probably demand that you send the extra details within 14 days. Then, I think judging on other people's experiences, and if all goes well, it will be (with luck) approx. 2-3 weeks before you receive back your passport, RC and documents.

Good luck!!

kuka

Re: response to complain

Post by kuka » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:27 pm

aussiegirl wrote:Kuka - definitely phone HO again and let them know that you haven't received a follow up since the first letter. Ask them to note it down on your case file and try and get them to say they'll look into it. Remember the name of the person that you speak with for future reference. I would suggest following up that phone call with a fax to the standard Liverppol UKBA European Office number, saying that you haven't received a follow up from a caseworker, and as you have now been waiting 9 months, you are now going to contact your local MP and EU Solvit to get them to look into it. And then contact your MP and Solvit. Check previous posts on this thread for info on how to do that.

It shouldn't take them long to send you the request for additional documentation (usually its just up to date payslips and bills with your address on it). They will probably demand that you send the extra details within 14 days. Then, I think judging on other people's experiences, and if all goes well, it will be (with luck) approx. 2-3 weeks before you receive back your passport, RC and documents.

Good luck!!

aussiegirl thank you very much! Will do so! And congrats on you sucessful story!

Davis

Post by Davis » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:23 pm

hi all,

just a quick question, i applied for rc in april 2009, and just today i was told my application has been finalised and my rc will be posted in few days. no request for more documents, no prisoner letter e.t.c i didnt make any complain. does anybody have same experience pls share.

thank you

kuka

Post by kuka » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:25 pm

HI Davis!

Obviously you are very lucky! congrats!

evnlondon
Newly Registered

Post by evnlondon » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:52 pm

hi Davis,congratulations to you,ı sent same date can I learn exactly date because Im waiting RC from H.O and where are your partner from,and you if it is possible .. because when I read about someone have RC I start t thing Soon I can get :) I hope so!
Davis wrote:hi all,

just a quick question, i applied for rc in april 2009, and just today i was told my application has been finalised and my rc will be posted in few days. no request for more documents, no prisoner letter e.t.c i didnt make any complain. does anybody have same experience pls share.

thank you

kuka

Post by kuka » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:15 pm

Called to HO office for follow up letter. Was waiting nearly 25 minutes in a queue for nothing really, they've said that our case is with a team, and no letters had been sent to us for further documentation :(((

Tired of waiting, it's been nearly 9 month :((((

deyne

the line

Post by deyne » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:34 pm

How did u guys manage to get through the line 08450105200 or 01516725626 in person? Ive tried millions of times and spoken to nobody but the machine...

kuka

Re: the line

Post by kuka » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:40 pm

deyne wrote:How did u guys manage to get through the line 08450105200 or 01516725626 in person? Ive tried millions of times and spoken to nobody but the machine...
Hi deyne!

I managed to got through 01516725626, I tried a couple of times and it is was automatic voicemail, and on forth time or so I got through in person, 25min in queue though!

Dial 01516725626 an then pres 2,3,2 without even lisening what she is saying, once u hear the voice pres 2, then 3, then 2.
I hope it helped. ;)

aussiegirl

Public enquiries of interest

Post by aussiegirl » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:06 pm

Potentially of interest:

Freedom of Information Request regarding EEA2 service levels:
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/s ... 2_applicat

Queries answered in UK parliament:
http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... 1w0038.htm

This is what struck me on the second link:

"As of 6 May 2009 the number of applications for residence cards for family members of EEA nationals awaiting processing was 28,590."

There are nearly 30,000 of us in the same boat! 30,000 productive members of the community with a legal right to be here, many of whom are being forced to wait inordinately long times for recognition. 30,000 people potentially trying to dial through to the ~10-20 call centre workers on the line that never works.

evnlondon
Newly Registered

Post by evnlondon » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:08 pm

I have not Residence Card but I have letter from H.O .Better than nothing..
evnlondon wrote:hi Davis,congratulations to you,ı sent same date can I learn exactly date because Im waiting RC from H.O and where are your partner from,and you if it is possible .. because when I read about someone have RC I start t thing Soon I can get :) I hope so!
Davis wrote:hi all,

thank you

sharmarina

amount of applicants

Post by sharmarina » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:57 pm

30'000??? That's shocking! No wonder you cant get tru, neither on phone',or e-mail... They need to employ people, in current state of country there going to be lots to go for it! I can voluntere!

k71egm
Newly Registered

Re: Public enquiries of interest

Post by k71egm » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:17 am

aussiegirl wrote:Potentially of interest:

Freedom of Information Request regarding EEA2 service levels:
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/s ... 2_applicat

Queries answered in UK parliament:
http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... 1w0038.htm

This is what struck me on the second link:

"As of 6 May 2009 the number of applications for residence cards for family members of EEA nationals awaiting processing was 28,590."

There are nearly 30,000 of us in the same boat! 30,000 productive members of the community with a legal right to be here, many of whom are being forced to wait inordinately long times for recognition. 30,000 people potentially trying to dial through to the ~10-20 call centre workers on the line that never works.
-----------------------------

Also from the second link (even more worrying):

Immigration: EU Nationals

David Howarth: To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department how many applications for European Economic Area residence cards were received by the UK Border Agency in the latest year for which figures are available; and how many such applications resulted in a residence card being issued within six months. [274814]

1 Jun 2009 : Column 169W

Mr. Woolas: Based on the period 12 May 2008 to 12 May 2009, UKBA received a total of 26,930 EEA residence card applications. The number of issues during this period was 1,550. Of these 740 were issued within six months.

Please note these figures have been rounded to the nearest five.

-----------------------------

If I understand this correctly - the HO received 26,930 EEA RC applications, however, managed to issue 1,550 RC ?
Can this be really the case or am I misinterpreting the figures ?

If this is correct, however, how will the HO intend to process the remaining more than 25,000 applications from last year and the applications which arrive this year ?

How is it possible that the HO has let it come to that situation ?

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:49 pm

I cannot read the figures in any other way either.

Essentially mr. Woolas openly admits over 800 counts of breaking the law (Regulation 17.3 http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2006/20061003.htm#17) and raises a serious suspicion that thousands more cases will follow.
So he should be prosecuted for leading a criminal organisation!

Or, if these numbers are rubbish (the only alternative I can see) he has been lying to Parliament which for a minister is a capital crime as well!

k71egm
Newly Registered

Post by k71egm » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:11 pm

fysicus wrote:I cannot read the figures in any other way either.

Essentially mr. Woolas openly admits over 800 counts of breaking the law (Regulation 17.3 http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2006/20061003.htm#17) and raises a serious suspicion that thousands more cases will follow.
So he should be prosecuted for leading a criminal organisation!

Or, if these numbers are rubbish (the only alternative I can see) he has been lying to Parliament which for a minister is a capital crime as well!
Well, as you said it is not only about the 800 cases (lucky ones) which eventually got their RC outside the timeframe of 6 months - it seems to be also about the far bigger number (more than 25,000 case as of May 2009) which are still waiting and havent been decided, yet.

I cannot believe they will be decided within the 6 months timeframe.

It is then the more than 25,000 cases which are waiting (as of May 2009) plus the about 800 cases where a decision has been taken after the 6 months timeframe which have not been decided in time.

I am deeply surprised the HO has allowed to get into this difficult situation.

BTW, I would not go as far as using words like criminal organisation.
On the contrary, in my belief HO is responsible for maintaining the law.

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:23 pm

k71egm wrote: BTW, I would not go as far as using words like criminal organisation.
I know it sounds heavy, but how else should we call an organisation which breaks the law on such a massive scale??

For the rest I fully agree with your analysis

And one more point: if the government is allowed to break the law, why should I as an ordinary citizen be bothered to abide with the law??

sm97os
Newly Registered

Post by sm97os » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:02 pm

I sent my EEA2 application in on Aug 3 and received my passport back with the residence card on Friday Aug 14! It only took 11 days! I am amazed.

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:58 pm

Hi all. My partner, who is Dutch, and I (American) are thinking of submitting an EEA2 application as she's interested in studying/working in the UK, and I'm looking into PGCE Secondary Education courses there for September 2010.

What's the average wait time on this? I seem to see different wait times on here. The wait time is important, as we are an unmarried couple and need proof of a 2 year relationship and only have documents from May 2008, as it wasn't easy for me to move to Ireland and was in and out of the country before finding a job. I'm not sure how tough the UK is on judging the 2 year relationship. If the application isn't approved, I'd need to apply for entry clearance to Study.

What's the wait time like for the EEA2? Is it possible to apply in person? Would I be better off just applying for a study visa and then switching my status at the end of the program?

Cheers.

photoGIRL23
Newly Registered

Post by photoGIRL23 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:47 pm

kabuki,

You are right, the wait times are very different. My wait was only 3 weeks (13 July 2009 - 4 August 2009) but there are others on this forum waiting for a year.

The one question I can answer for you, though, is that you cannot apply for EEA2 in person.

I don't know if this is the correct suggestion, but look into the Family Permit - that lasts 6 months and seems easier to get...? Not sure.

Good Luck!

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:20 am

photoGIRL23 wrote:kabuki,

You are right, the wait times are very different. My wait was only 3 weeks (13 July 2009 - 4 August 2009) but there are others on this forum waiting for a year.

The one question I can answer for you, though, is that you cannot apply for EEA2 in person.

I don't know if this is the correct suggestion, but look into the Family Permit - that lasts 6 months and seems easier to get...? Not sure.

Good Luck!
Family permit? I thought your partner has to be settled in the UK, which mine is not as we are currently living in Ireland.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:29 am

You partner doesn't need to be settled in the UK for you to have EEA family permit.

It is issued free of charge to family members of EEA national, as an entry clearance allowing them to enter the UK for a period of 6 months. However under EU law, your partner would need to be exercising a Treaty right after 3 months of saty,for you to qualify for the resident card application.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors