ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Applications From 2020 Pending Approval

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rumple
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Citizenship Applications From 2020 Pending Approval

Post by Rumple » Mon May 16, 2022 4:22 pm

mads32 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 3:41 pm
Just out of curiosity, what's the wording they used? I was hoping they would stop with the oath of fidelity for now until the ceremony but would bring it back after to keep approving people between July and October so then in November they approve people for the ceremony in December, more or less like they are doing now. :?
"With the re-introduction of citizenship ceremonies the temporary process of swearing the oath of fidelity to the nation by means of sworn affidavit will cease. This process was introduced to facilitate the continuation of the naturalisation process during the Covid-19 pandemic. Please note that if you do not complete the steps above in time to be invited to the June ceremony your application for naturalisation cannot be completed until the next ceremony which is currently planned for December 2022."

I just got approved, I applied mid-December 2020 - so 17.5 months so far, plus another month to wait for the ceremony on 20 June 2022.

gimbaltictac
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by gimbaltictac » Mon May 16, 2022 5:55 pm

raja.brit wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 12:06 pm
I do see a reference number for the online account that I created today which triggered an email confirmation.
Hi Raja,

I am now in the same stage like you were - waiting for email now after the payment. How long did it took you to receive the email confirmation after the completed payment? My Acknowledgment ID is currently blank like it was on your side during your first attempt.

All the best.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Mon May 16, 2022 7:44 pm

gimbaltictac wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 5:55 pm
raja.brit wrote:
I do see a reference number for the online account that I created today which triggered an email confirmation.
Hi Raja,

I am now in the same stage like you were - waiting for email now after the payment. How long did it took you to receive the email confirmation after the completed payment? My Acknowledgment ID is currently blank like it was on your side during your first attempt.

All the best.
Hi. I got the confirmation within few minutes.

When you click on ‘My Form’ in the home page and click on ‘Submitted’ tab, do you see a reference number beneath Citizenship certificate fee section?

Note: When I submitted the payment accidentally in my mom’s account on Saturday, there was no email n no reference number under ‘Submitted’ tab. May be her account was inactive.

So made payment again today by creating new account and also emailed Citizenship to cancel first one.

AmiVera2022
Mood:
Italy

Post by AmiVera2022 » Mon May 16, 2022 9:31 pm

raja.brit wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 12:24 pm
oakers wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 12:09 pm
raja.brit wrote:
Hey Oaker, appreciate your response bud.

I made the payment again now by creating a new account under my name as I accidentally used mum’s online account.

I got a confirmation email now for payment on new account, phew.

I have emailed Citizenship Team to issue a refund for the 1st one as it was done under incorrect online account.

What a fandango,ha.

Hope all is well with you!
All good here. It seems I just scraped in under the "Sign this document" banner as I don't have to attend the ceremony by the looks of it.

Fingers crossed it arrives soon.
I bet you will get it soon n you must be thrilled to receive it. Bummer I have to attend the ceremony but at least Killarney is not far from my place. I heard it takes ages to get passport too.

By the way, I logged in to my mum’s INIS Online account n I see there is no reference number for Citizenship Certificate payment I submitted 2 days ago n dont see any pending transaction yet either on my card. May be it never went through. I do see a reference number for the online account that I created today which triggered an email confirmation.
That's good you got sorted fast! One last question: how much time do they give you to pay? Do they mention the usual deadline of 28 days otherwise they close your application?

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Mon May 16, 2022 9:55 pm

AmiVera2022 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 9:31 pm
raja.brit wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 12:24 pm
oakers wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 12:09 pm
raja.brit wrote:
Hey Oaker, appreciate your response bud.

I made the payment again now by creating a new account under my name as I accidentally used mum’s online account.

I got a confirmation email now for payment on new account, phew.

I have emailed Citizenship Team to issue a refund for the 1st one as it was done under incorrect online account.

What a fandango,ha.

Hope all is well with you!
All good here. It seems I just scraped in under the "Sign this document" banner as I don't have to attend the ceremony by the looks of it.

Fingers crossed it arrives soon.
I bet you will get it soon n you must be thrilled to receive it. Bummer I have to attend the ceremony but at least Killarney is not far from my place. I heard it takes ages to get passport too.

By the way, I logged in to my mum’s INIS Online account n I see there is no reference number for Citizenship Certificate payment I submitted 2 days ago n dont see any pending transaction yet either on my card. May be it never went through. I do see a reference number for the online account that I created today which triggered an email confirmation.
That's good you got sorted fast! One last question: how much time do they give you to pay? Do they mention the usual deadline of 28 days otherwise they close your application?
No its 10 working days

Gocho77
Columbia

Post by Gocho77 » Tue May 17, 2022 4:33 am

One question for the people that have received the naturalization certificate. Did you received by registered post? What I mean is if somebody has to be at home to receive it. Or they just put it into the mailbox.

AmiVera2022
Mood:
Italy

Post by AmiVera2022 » Tue May 17, 2022 9:52 am

Gocho77 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 4:33 am
One question for the people that have received the naturalization certificate. Did you received by registered post? What I mean is if somebody has to be at home to receive it. Or they just put it into the mailbox.
Hi! I haven't been naturalized yet but based on what they wrote above it looks like now we are back to the old system that they give it to you at the ceremony? Anyway, about registered post in general, my mailman always leaves everything in my mail box without ringing my intercom no matter if it requires signature or not. They do it with other people I know as well since the pandemic started, to facilitate their job I guess?

Gocho77
Columbia

Post by Gocho77 » Tue May 17, 2022 10:50 am

AmiVera2022 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 9:52 am
Gocho77 wrote:
Hi! I haven't been naturalized yet but based on what they wrote above it looks like now we are back to the old system that they give it to you at the ceremony? Anyway, about registered post in general, my mailman always leaves everything in my mail box without ringing my intercom no matter if it requires signature or not. They do it with other people I know as well since the pandemic started, to facilitate their job I guess?
Thanks for your answer, in my case I received the approval in mid April and send the declaration of fidelity. But I am still waiting for the certificate. And now I am not working from home anymore. Hence my question.

corkms
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by corkms » Tue May 17, 2022 10:53 am

Gocho77 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 10:50 am
AmiVera2022 wrote:
Gocho77 wrote:
Thanks for your answer, in my case I received the approval in mid April and send the declaration of fidelity. But I am still waiting for the certificate. And now I am not working from home anymore. Hence my question.
I'm in the same boat. Paid and sent the declaration on the same day (end of April), but no updates on the INIS portal yet. It's still sitting in the "Submitted" bucket.

Has yours moved to the "Complete" stage yet?

Patience22
Newly Registered
Nepal

Post by Patience22 » Tue May 17, 2022 11:02 am

I applied on 28 October 2020, got my approval on 15 April, paid fee on the same day, mailed declaration on 19 April which they received on 20 April. I got an email on 05 May saying my fee has been processed & completed. Still waiting for naturalisation cert to arrive in post and today starts week 5 of 6. Why are these people so slow? It's very painful to deal with them omg 😭😭

Gocho77
Columbia

Post by Gocho77 » Tue May 17, 2022 11:54 am

corkms wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 10:53 am
Gocho77 wrote:
AmiVera2022 wrote:
Gocho77 wrote:
I'm in the same boat. Paid and sent the declaration on the same day (end of April), but no updates on the INIS portal yet. It's still sitting in the "Submitted" bucket.

Has yours moved to the "Complete" stage yet?
I paid on the 9th of April and send the declaration on 11th, the status changed to processed on the 28th of April.

AmiVera2022
Mood:
Italy

Post by AmiVera2022 » Tue May 17, 2022 12:26 pm

Gocho77 wrote:
AmiVera2022 wrote:
Gocho77 wrote:
Ah, I didn't know you went with the old system. If I were you I would contact the citizenship division to understand what to do next because maybe (I'm just assuming, take it with a pinch of salt) you will have to attend the ceremony and in that case they will give you the certificate on the day

Gocho77
Columbia

Post by Gocho77 » Tue May 17, 2022 12:36 pm

AmiVera2022 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 12:26 pm
Gocho77 wrote:
AmiVera2022 wrote:
Gocho77 wrote:
Ah, I didn't know you went with the old system. If I were you I would contact the citizenship division to understand what to do next because maybe (I'm just assuming, take it with a pinch of salt) you will have to attend the ceremony and in that case they will give you the certificate on the day
That is one thing I am afraid of, that after made me spend time and money to sign the declaration of fidelity they just decided to stop sending the certificate and put everyone on the ceremony. Making all the people that sign the declaration but no have received the certificate yet wait more than a month and spend even more money and time to go to the ceremony.

AmiVera2022
Mood:
Italy

Post by AmiVera2022 » Tue May 17, 2022 12:44 pm

Gocho77 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 12:36 pm
AmiVera2022 wrote:
Gocho77 wrote:
AmiVera2022 wrote:
Gocho77 wrote:
That is one thing I am afraid of, that after made me spend time and money to sign the declaration of fidelity they just decided to stop sending the certificate and put everyone on the ceremony. Making all the people that sign the declaration but no have received the certificate yet wait more than a month and spend even more money and time to go to the ceremony.
I know, right? That would be so annoying. There is also a chance that they decide to have some people join virtually and some in person. I'd say technically that would be possible and it would solve the issue of having too many people at the venue. In any case they really have to let you know something as soon as possible. In my case, I'm really hoping to be included in the June ceremony, but I don't think I will because my e-vetting status was set to complete not even 4 weeks ago....

dron
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by dron » Tue May 17, 2022 2:36 pm

Gocho77 wrote:
AmiVera2022 wrote:
Gocho77 wrote:
AmiVera2022 wrote:
Gocho77 wrote:
Hi. I'm in the same boat, and waiting from 4rt of April. 22nd April it was processed. The cert is not yet received, emails not answered. The only hope that the ceremony decision for our cases is not yet made. I think the department staff at stress now and trying their best to fulfill the fast announced ceremony. Most probably they waiting for count of people to decide should we attend it or not.

AmiVera2022
Mood:
Italy

Post by AmiVera2022 » Tue May 17, 2022 2:46 pm

dron wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 2:36 pm
Gocho77 wrote:
AmiVera2022 wrote:
Gocho77 wrote:
AmiVera2022 wrote:
Gocho77 wrote:
Hi. I'm in the same boat, and waiting from 4rt of April. 22nd April it was processed. The cert is not yet received, emails not answered. The only hope that the ceremony decision for our cases is not yet made. I think the department staff at stress now and trying their best to fulfill the fast announced ceremony. Most probably they waiting for count of people to decide should we attend it or not.
Right... btw according to this https://www.irishimmigration.ie/wp-cont ... erts-1.pdf you can contact the citizenship division if you don't receive your certificate in 6 weeks

skumarireland
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by skumarireland » Tue May 17, 2022 10:17 pm

waiting more than 6 weeks for cert fee paid on 5th may.

NiallPP
Ireland

Post by NiallPP » Tue May 17, 2022 11:36 pm

Congrats to those of you finally receiving approvals.. still waiting here unfortunately

AmiVera2022
Mood:
Italy

Post by AmiVera2022 » Tue May 17, 2022 11:42 pm

NiallPP wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 11:36 pm
Congrats to those of you finally receiving approvals.. still waiting here unfortunately
Me too I'm waiting :(
Congrats to those who receive it! :)

NiallPP
Ireland

Post by NiallPP » Wed May 18, 2022 11:22 am

Received the letter this morning, dated 12th May! Now to sort out the photo and payment etc :)

Hopefully see some of you on the 20th!

Calum12
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Calum12 » Wed May 18, 2022 11:40 am

Hi Nial, did you go through evetting before receiving the document? I still haven't got it. :roll:

Oh, and congratulations!!

NiallPP
Ireland

Post by NiallPP » Wed May 18, 2022 11:44 am

Yes in January and disclosure viewed beginning of Feb, I thought they had forgotten me since I saw more recently vetted applicants getting approvals! Hope you get yours soon too

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Wed May 18, 2022 12:23 pm

My payment for Citizenship Certificate is processed within just 2 working days and I ve seen in the past taking around 2 weeks for processing payments.

It seems they are expediting the whole process so that they cram as many people for the Ceremony next month.

I bet we should see more approvals for those waiting in coming days.

AmiVera2022
Mood:
Italy

Post by AmiVera2022 » Wed May 18, 2022 1:26 pm

NiallPP wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 11:22 am
Received the letter this morning, dated 12th May! Now to sort out the photo and payment etc :)

Hopefully see some of you on the 20th!
Congratulations!!! So maybe I'll receive something these days too! What are they asking you to do in the letter? Is it online payment, passport and picture upload? Do they give you a 10 days deadline in your case too?

NiallPP
Ireland

Post by NiallPP » Wed May 18, 2022 3:23 pm

Yep online payment, digital photo (best to get a professional one to meet requirements), scan of passport and IRP card.

Just submitted all that online so hopefully confirmation and invite to ceremony will come soon.

Now have to figure out getting from Dublin to Killarney (don't drive!) - any info on how these ceremonies usually run? Are they early in the day and should we be there the night before? Seems like there is likely to be a mad rush on accommodation as invites come through.