ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Upcoming Ceremony in 2023/4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Re: Upcoming Ceremony in 2023

Post by sairsint » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:25 am

sairsint wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:16 pm
I have just sent my first (rather lengthy) email to a local TD about the need for these ceremonies given the recent amendments to the law and current backlog we have with the hope they raise this issue to the MoJ.

I will wait a bit and give them time to reply. If they don't then I will move on to the next TD until I receive some kind of acceptable answer.
I just moved on to TD #2 with my letter. If they don't respond I will send it to a number of them and I assume one to actually take notice. Even if the ceremonies remain a naturalisation requirement, I believe this needs to get addressed with the MoJ so we can at least have an answer. I would encourage others to ask their TD's the same question about this ceremony requirement.

Fred13
Ireland

Post by Fred13 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:04 am

sairsint wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:25 am
sairsint wrote:
I have just sent my first (rather lengthy) email to a local TD about the need for these ceremonies given the recent amendments to the law and current backlog we have with the hope they raise this issue to the MoJ.

I will wait a bit and give them time to reply. If they don't then I will move on to the next TD until I receive some kind of acceptable answer.
I just moved on to TD #2 with my letter. If they don't respond I will send it to a number of them and I assume one to actually take notice. Even if the ceremonies remain a naturalisation requirement, I believe this needs to get addressed with the MoJ so we can at least have an answer. I would encourage others to ask their TD's the same question about this ceremony requirement.
I would do the same, but I wonder if it makes sense to do it when I still havn't received my acceptance letter (payment letter)? I assume you have already paid your fee?

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:08 am

Fred13 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:04 am
sairsint wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:25 am
sairsint wrote:

I would do the same, but I wonder if it makes sense to do it when I still havn't received my acceptance letter (payment letter)? I assume you have already paid your fee?
I don't think it matters what phase you're in as it's related to the entire process being slowed down by this requirement. I am waiting on my evetting to commence from the 22 May invite and I am still asking this question.

wilj011195
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by wilj011195 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:38 am

Hi I know this is not a topic related to the previous conversation but have anyone received their citizenship certificate after the ceremony or if someone has an idea how long it takes to receive it after attending the ceremony ?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:12 am

wilj011195 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:38 am
Hi I know this is not a topic related to the previous conversation but have anyone received their citizenship certificate after the ceremony or if someone has an idea how long it takes to receive it after attending the ceremony ?
From previous ceremony there were varied reports - from 2 to 16 weeks.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

wilj011195
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by wilj011195 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:55 am

Sorry to be reduntant on the question, you might not have the answer but is there any reason why it varies from 2 to 6 weeks? why someone would get it earlier than others?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:15 am

wilj011195 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:55 am
Sorry to be reduntant on the question, you might not have the answer but is there any reason why it varies from 2 to 6 weeks? why someone would get it earlier than others?
We don't know. That's up to ISD to process and decide. My assumption is that it's just how they print them, as it's a lengthy process. In what order do they print them? We have no idea.
And its actually 16, not 6; ISD says you have to reach out to them if you haven't gotten it in 8 weeks, but a few people didn't get them from the last ceremony before invitations for new ones started rolling in, had to demand it and got it in 16 weeks.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:17 am

wilj011195 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:55 am
Unfortunately there is no good answer for this. The ISD is not at all transparent for any part of this process and expect that you will just continue to put your life on hold until they are ready to proceed. The fact that they are not obligated to hand you your naturalisation certificate at these "mandatory" ceremonies even though you've waited years for that day, paid your fees and signed the declaration is bad enough.

Sorry to be so blunt about this, but like many others here I'm very frustrated by the lack of transparency for this entire process.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:21 am

sairsint wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:17 am
The fact that they are not obligated to hand you your naturalisation certificate at these "mandatory" ceremonies even though you've waiting years, paid your fees and signed the declaration is bad enough.
That's the scary part. I would much rather wait a bit more to get invited compared to waiting for a cert in post. At the moment the only proof I have about my citizenship is the sloppy picture of a declaration signed by the official, which I don't think will help.

Previous ceremonies had certificates handed out to them (except more recent ones); if next ceremonies will be removed in favour of declaration witnessing, this year would be the least convenient of all - nor less waiting neither certificates in hand.

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:25 am

meself2 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:21 am
sairsint wrote:
The fact that they are not obligated to hand you your naturalisation certificate at these "mandatory" ceremonies even though you've waiting years, paid your fees and signed the declaration is bad enough.
That's the scary part. I would much rather wait a bit more to get invited compared to waiting for a cert in post. At the moment the only proof I have about my citizenship is the sloppy picture of a declaration signed by the official, which I don't think will help.

Previous ceremonies had certificates handed out to them (except more recent ones); if next ceremonies will be removed in favour of declaration witnessing, this year would be the least convenient of all - nor less waiting neither certificates in hand.
Do we need to take the picture of the declaration signed by the official?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:27 am

User20123 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:25 am
meself2 wrote:
sairsint wrote:

Absolutely not, you don't have to - I did for my own safety sake, just so I have something to show as a proof I was there if (god forbid) it gets lost in the post.

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:28 am

meself2 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:27 am
User20123 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:25 am
meself2 wrote:
sairsint wrote:

Absolutely not, you don't have to - I did for my own safety sake, just so I have something to show as a proof I was there if (god forbid) it gets lost in the post.
Make sense. Thanks

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:30 am

meself2 wrote:
sairsint wrote:

It's incredibly scary as it puts many people in a legal grey area for their residency not to mention those that need to travel and get on with their life, in general.

I simply cannot understand how they can get away with this, especially as they continue to enforce having these ceremonies which means they should come prepared to hold up their end of the deal. It cannot be more efficient to individually package and send by registered post 3,000-4,000 certificates compared to printing them ahead of time and handing them out at the ceremony. It tells me they do not have a good understanding for who they are inviting to these events until the last minute and don't have time to print them in advance.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:36 am

sairsint wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:30 am
It's incredibly scary as it puts many people in a legal grey area for their residency not to mention those that need to travel and get on with their life, in general.
Gets worse with people like HappyDuck, who got trapped in the country because, well, no certificate.
sairsint wrote:
It cannot be more efficient to individually package and send by registered post 3,000-4,000 certificates compared to printing them ahead of time and handing them out at the ceremony.
That's how it was before, when they used to send paper invitations and they had a cut off date a month before the ceremony. Now they invite way later, resulting in people not confirming/etc their attendance and making some of the changes to their expected applicants up until a week before. I'm all for digitalization, but you could just do it like in the old days, have a cut off a month before and get certificates ready?

I'm also very curious what kind of a date will be on those certs, as technically we signed the declaration on the 2nd and made an oath - will they reflect it? Will they have a date of printing? Can I, for example, already register for vote as an Irish citizen after 2nd? So many unknowns.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:45 am

meself2 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:36 am
sairsint wrote:
Gets worse with people like HappyDuck, who got trapped in the country because, well, no certificate.
sairsint wrote:
It cannot be more efficient to individually package and send by registered post 3,000-4,000 certificates compared to printing them ahead of time and handing them out at the ceremony.
That's how it was before, when they used to send paper invitations and they had a cut off date a month before the ceremony. Now they invite way later, resulting in people not confirming/etc their attendance and making some of the changes to their expected applicants up until a week before. I'm all for digitalization, but you could just do it like in the old days, have a cut off a month before and get certificates ready?

I'm also very curious what kind of a date will be on those certs, as technically we signed the declaration on the 2nd and made an oath - will they reflect it? Will they have a date of printing? Can I, for example, already register for vote as an Irish citizen after 2nd? So many unknowns.
That's the individual I was thinking about when I mentioned the legal grey area, but I am sure there are many more like them. Even your questions are valid ones and you have no good answers though you are technically a citizen now.

As I've said before it's a problem of accountability at the upper levels. Even right now I am sitting on a now expired stamp 4 and they refuse to send me an acknowledgment that my renewal application was received by registered post so I can see that it was delivered. They are even ignoring my solicitor at this point. I am not even expecting them to hand me temp permission (which they probably should do as I live and work here), just a simple letter to show I have done my part and applied for the renewal.

It's completely unacceptable.

wilj011195
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by wilj011195 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:49 am

meself2 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:36 am
sairsint wrote:
sairsint wrote:

Tell me about it, I applied as refugee and I do not have my national passport for obvious reason and in order to get my invitation to this past ceremony I had to hand my Travel Document, meaning I am being left with no document at all and unable to leave the country, that's my concern and why it is so frustating even after the ceremony you can't get some sort of ease and still on top of that having to wait for another 6 weeks to get the passport, it is just painful waiting situation.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:55 am

@wilj011195 , the person mentioned here was in the same situation, see history of messages - search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=H ... mit=Search

You might be very alert once the 8 week deadline has passed.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:58 am

sairsint wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:45 am
Even right now I am sitting on a now expired stamp 4 and they refuse to send me an acknowledgment that my renewal application was received by registered post so I can see that it was delivered. They are even ignoring my solicitor at this point.
This is a mess. Can they not even send you an email confirming that?
I thought people in the counties that have to deal with Garda offices have their advantages in being able to contact them/come into the station, while Dublin ISD is a fortress and filled to the brim with emails, but I guess my assumption wasn't valid.

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:09 am

meself2 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:58 am
sairsint wrote:
Even right now I am sitting on a now expired stamp 4 and they refuse to send me an acknowledgment that my renewal application was received by registered post so I can see that it was delivered. They are even ignoring my solicitor at this point.
I thought people in the counties that have to deal with Garda offices have their advantages in being able to contact them/come into the station, while Dublin ISD is a fortress and filled to the brim with emails, but I guess my assumption wasn't valid.
They never ignore the solicitor. Mine receives the update as soon as they receive the letter and I receive a copy of it. Check with your solicitor again!!

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:16 am

meself2 wrote:
sairsint wrote:
Those of us that must deal with the local Garda immigration are not gaining any advantage. The Garda simply do what the ISD says and will re-direct you back to the ISD until you have formal letter stating what they are authorised to do.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:20 am

User20123 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:09 am
meself2 wrote:
sairsint wrote:
They never ignore the solicitor. Mine receives the update as soon as they receive the letter and I receive a copy of it. Check with your solicitor again!!
They do and are continue to do so right now. I've worked with my solicitor for the many years on my various stamp and citizenship application topics and they know the process very well. I'm am also in shock that the ISD have not replied to him and therefore I am now stuck in a limbo state because the ISD will not simply furnish me with a letter saying my renewal application was received.

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:04 am

sairsint wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:20 am
User20123 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:09 am
meself2 wrote:
sairsint wrote:
They do and are continue to do so right now. I've worked with my solicitor for the many years on my various stamp and citizenship application topics and they know the process very well. I'm am also in shock that the ISD have not replied to him and therefore I am now stuck in a limbo state because the ISD will not simply furnish me with a letter saying my renewal application was received.
I am unsure about the INIS, but if the citizenship department receives a letter from the solicitor, they are legally required to send a reply. Perhaps I have been fortunate, but every time my solicitor has requested an update or updated documents, the citizenship department has responded within a week (and I do mean that they send the letter and my solicitor receives it within a week). Not sure why other solicitors have trouble receiving a response from this department or any department in general.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:11 am

User20123 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:04 am
but if the citizenship department receives a letter from the solicitor, they are legally required to send a reply.
I'll be honest, I'm unsure about that.

I was under the impression it works as the fact that this person is a solicitor means a) they know their rights and b) there's a person behind them who wants answers, so they'll keep pushing unless a reply is given.

RCCar
Belarus

Post by RCCar » Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:10 pm

My wife paid fees on Monday, the application still in Submitted state, did for anyone, who paid in last few days, Payment Completed?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:11 pm

RCCar wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:10 pm
My wife paid fees on Monday, the application still in Submitted state, did for anyone, who paid in last few days, Payment Completed?
They take from few days to few weeks/months, it's normal.