ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension Approval - Can we post here please!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mso
Newly Registered

Post by mso » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:58 pm

Sent application 5 Oct 06
Recieved the passport back 10 Nov 06

Extension granted till Nov 2010

Documents sent:

-Application form
-2 photos
- pay slips
-bank statements
-employment letter

buntosanya

Post by buntosanya » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:06 pm

For the benefit of forum members that sent in their renewal application before 7th November and are still wondering what is going to happen to their application like i did yesterday.

This is my Timeline:-

13th October - Application sent to Home Office
17th October - Account debited with fees
19th October - Received Acknowledgement Letter from Office dated 16th
10 November - Called HO in the morning for progress report on my application and was told Passports and Docs were sent out Yesterday.
10 November - Passport and Documents met at home.

My heart goes out to people who are likely to be affected by HO's pronouncement, but don't let us loose hope. I pray HO will reconsider this and we shall all laugh at the end of it all.
"Behold, i have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it."

rana78
Newly Registered

Post by rana78 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:15 am

Thank you for posting buntosanya,

It gives me great relif, My application was received on 02 Nov from your case I hope it is even my application.

Rana.
buntosanya wrote:For the benefit of forum members that sent in their renewal application before 7th November and are still wondering what is going to happen to their application like i did yesterday.

This is my Timeline:-

13th October - Application sent to Home Office
17th October - Account debited with fees
19th October - Received Acknowledgement Letter from Office dated 16th
10 November - Called HO in the morning for progress report on my application and was told Passports and Docs were sent out Yesterday.
10 November - Passport and Documents met at home.

My heart goes out to people who are likely to be affected by HO's pronouncement, but don't let us loose hope. I pray HO will reconsider this and we shall all laugh at the end of it all.

buntosanya

Post by buntosanya » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:12 am

rana 78

Pray it does come through. Let us know when it eventually does.
"Behold, i have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it."

Yinkuze

old rule applies if you send before announcement of new rule

Post by Yinkuze » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:43 pm

I sent renewal application on 1st November, called HO and they confirmed that old rule will apply to those who submitted before the announcement of the new change

regards
Y
TIME is a better JUDGE than REASON.
-Thomas Paine

Junior0300

Our course of action for new rules

Post by Junior0300 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:23 pm

Roughly how long will it take for us to challenge HO legally in the court. What are our chances in such kind of appeal?

I believe this forum is sponsored by Workpermit.com. Its time for them to come forward and point us all in correct direction.

I appreciate the efforts which fellow memeber are trying to make at yahoo groups... but we need something more organsied than that.

Moderators and Sponsors are welcome to debate.

Yinkuze

Extension granted

Post by Yinkuze » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:46 pm

November 1st - Submitted FLR(IED) application
November 3rd - Payment acknowledged by HO. Received Ref No
November 10th - Faxed an urgent treatment request
November 14 - Decision made by HO
Novemnber 15th - Received Passports with Visa until 2010

Thanks
Y
TIME is a better JUDGE than REASON.
-Thomas Paine

rana78
Newly Registered

Re: Extension granted

Post by rana78 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:18 pm

Hello Y,

what was the reason for urgent treatment

Rana
Yinkuze wrote:November 1st - Submitted FLR(IED) application
November 3rd - Payment acknowledged by HO. Received Ref No
November 10th - Faxed an urgent treatment request
November 14 - Decision made by HO
Novemnber 15th - Received Passports with Visa until 2010

Thanks
Y

Amry
Newly Registered

Re: Our course of action for new rules

Post by Amry » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:54 am

Junior0300 wrote:Roughly how long will it take for us to challenge HO legally in the court. What are our chances in such kind of appeal?

I believe this forum is sponsored by Workpermit.com. Its time for them to come forward and point us all in correct direction.

I appreciate the efforts which fellow memeber are trying to make at yahoo groups... but we need something more organsied than that.

Moderators and Sponsors are welcome to debate.

It is hard to understand what it is you want to challenge... Simply put, if you don't meet the guidelines, how would you argue that you are Highly Skilled, and deserve an extension? (You may have proven to be Highly Skilled 12 months ago, I am not suggesting you were not.)

Nobody is taking away your current permit, you will be allowed to complete your 12 month initial stay... Are you wanting to argue that it is not fair that you have to contribute to the economy as a highly skilled migrant in order to continue to live in the UK under this category?

Junior0300

indeed

Post by Junior0300 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:06 am

Hi Amry

if i get job in the fifth month of my initial year then I am supposed to go back to my country!

Do you think its fair?

Amry
Newly Registered

Re: indeed

Post by Amry » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:50 pm

Junior0300 wrote:Hi Amry

if i get job in the fifth month of my initial year then I am supposed to go back to my country!

Do you think its fair?
From a Home Office perspective, you agreed that you want to make the UK your permanent home when you otained HSMP as a Highly Skilled Migrant, then took 5 months to get into a position of contributing to the economy as a Highly Skilled Migrant.

Essentially the Home Office is managing migration. How can the Home Office justify to British society that you are Highly Skilled Migrant and keen to make the UK your home, when it takes 5 months to get into a position where you are paying tax?

I completely understand your position, it is hard. But the fact is most of my clients that are "Highly Skilled" receive their first offers within 10 days of arriving, and it is these people that the scheme was designed for. (They also usually make the earnings requirement in only a few months. This means that they could start in their 5th or 6th or even 7th month after arrival, and still make the earnings requirement. Again, these are the people the scheme was designed for.)

You might need to accept that you are not in a suitable category, as defined by the Home Office. You need to consider an alternative immigration category, possibly until you qualify for HSMP again.

Vivid
Newly Registered

Re: indeed

Post by Vivid » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:34 pm

Amry wrote:
Junior0300 wrote:Hi Amry

Do you think its fair?
From a Home Office perspective, you agreed that you want to make the UK your permanent home when you otained HSMP as a Highly Skilled Migrant, then took 5 months to get into a position of contributing to the economy as a Highly Skilled Migrant.

Essentially the Home Office is managing migration. How can the Home Office justify to British society that you are Highly Skilled Migrant and keen to make the UK your home, when it takes 5 months to get into a position where you are paying tax?

I completely understand your position, it is hard. But the fact is most of my clients that are "Highly Skilled" receive their first offers within 10 days of arriving, and it is these people that the scheme was designed for. (They also usually make the earnings requirement in only a few months. This means that they could start in their 5th or 6th or even 7th month after arrival, and still make the earnings requirement. Again, these are the people the scheme was designed for.)

You might need to accept that you are not in a suitable category, as defined by the Home Office. You need to consider an alternative immigration category, possibly until you qualify for HSMP again.
I agree but NEW RULE SHOULD BE FOR NEW APPLICANTS.

'Imagine u r driving by a petrol station and seeing a £1 per litre price tag on the board.u will pull in and fill up your tank.But when u approach the cashier to make a payment he says'Sorry mate,but while u were filling the tank,the price has changed.u have to pay £1.25 now'

'this is unfair' ,you may say.'I stopped by because the price was £1'
'It is true,but u see',he replies,'if charge u the old price.I'll have to wait till a new client comes along to get more money.And mind u ,it may be a long way.Which is not desirable because I want it now'.

HOW U FEEL??

when ur client got a visa , he said 'ur service is very stupid and no good at all and please give me back my money'....HOW U FEEL?

r u happy to give his money back or will u show him the agreement letter for payment?

I am not really affected by new law but I don' like the way u said.

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:17 pm

I am really shocked by Amry's postings, you fail to take into account that a person made a major decision to leave a well paying job and immigrate into a new country based on certain commitments by the Home Office wherein they had asked us to make a contribution to the economy and to be able to support self and dependents. If an applicant is meeting these criteria how can they change the rules midway and deport someone from the country. A person getting well paid job apart from a person's capabilities also depends on other factors like luck, getting a right break at the right moment, knowing someone senior who can recommend you etc. Also salary levels vary according to location and industry so the 75 points break-up is totally unfair.

molly168
Newly Registered

Post by molly168 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:44 pm

Hi everyone,
I am still waiting for my approval, below is my timeline:-

3 Nov - Application sent to Home Office
6 Nov - H.O received my application and process cheque payment
10 Nov - Payment shown on my a/c (it takes 5 days for cheque)
16 Nov - Receive confirmation letter dated 14 Nov

I didn't know they were going to change the rules hence emailed them regarding to my application, however they didn't help me but reply with standard FAQ. I just changed my job in October (the salary is almost twice as high as my previous rubbish job which I started 1.5 month after I got my HSMP) so I am very nervous.

It is not fair as everyone would argue, three of my good friends probably will fail according to the new rules. Two of them seek for company sponsorship (and both companies agreed) and the other one is thinking to marry his girl friend who just got her HSMP first two years this month.

Anyway I will keep you posted toward the end of my application, and wish everyone finds the way eventually.

ibrahimsyde
Newly Registered

Post by ibrahimsyde » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:50 pm

Hi molly,

I am waiting for my approval too, all though i have submit my application for an extension few days before you ie on 25th Oct just a week before the recent changes. I hope to hear from them, as this going to be a month soon.

I wish you and the rest, all the very best of luck.

Regards
Ibrahim

Junior0300

Over Exaggerated

Post by Junior0300 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:21 pm

Amry

I think you just over exaggerated by saying that ppl get jobs here in 10 days (on the basis of their experience from third world countries). I personally know many experienced and skilled ppl still jobless.

alex2000

Post by alex2000 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:56 pm

Those whose applications were received at the payment centre on or before Nov 7th will be appraised as per the old rule. This was clearly stated in the guidelines. It is ridiculous to read comments of apprehension by applicants in that category.

PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING COMMENTS

Amry
Newly Registered

Re: Over Exaggerated

Post by Amry » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:35 pm

Junior0300 wrote:Amry

I think you just over exaggerated by saying that ppl get jobs here in 10 days (on the basis of their experience from third world countries). I personally know many experienced and skilled ppl still jobless.
In fact, some take 4 or 5 days to find work, and this is not unusual for a HSMP holder.

I am not sure how you have determined that your friends are "experienced and skilled" if they remain jobless. This truely is the land of opportunity! Unemployment is at all time lows, inflation is down, the economy is strong. Skilled individuals can get excellent work.

(Again, if they cannot find work, then by definition they are in the wrong immigration category. They are probably more suited to a work permit, with it's associated resident labor market tests and all. Thankfully the Home Office will give them a grace period to switch to a Work Permit without a resident labor market test, so really the UK has been very accomodating towards their circumstances.)

Amry
Newly Registered

Post by Amry » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:52 pm

Rog wrote:I am really shocked by Amry's postings, you fail to take into account that a person made a major decision to leave a well paying job and immigrate into a new country based on certain commitments by the Home Office wherein they had asked us to make a contribution to the economy and to be able to support self and dependents. If an applicant is meeting these criteria how can they change the rules midway and deport someone from the country. A person getting well paid job apart from a person's capabilities also depends on other factors like luck, getting a right break at the right moment, knowing someone senior who can recommend you etc. Also salary levels vary according to location and industry so the 75 points break-up is totally unfair.
They are NOT changing the rules MIDWAY at all. You were given 1 or 2 years. You were never given the RIGHT to an extension. You still keep your initial 1 or 2 year permit even though this was granted under a different set of rules, so it is not fair to suggest you were misled.

If you packed up your life and moved countries on the back of a 1 year permit, then you took a risk at that point. The Home Office should not make policy decisions based on the sacrifice/risk individuals have taken - that would not lead to smart immigration policies. Managed Migration is about what is best for the UK economy. One has to accept that rather than pity themselves and their own circumstances.

And I am suprised with your suggestion that supporting your family without public funds should be enough to allow you to keep your permit. This is a HIGHLY SKILLED migrant programme, not a SCRAPE ALONG THE POVERTY LINE migrant programme. The POINT of the programme is to entice high value add individuals to contribute significantly to the economy, not just stumble along making ends meet.

I am a foreign national and I accepted the kindness the Home Office showed me in granting me a HSMP permit. I do not claim it as my RIGHT.

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:38 am

Amry,

I am reproducing a section of FAQ from the original HSMP scheme under which I had applied
24.10 Q: I have already applied successfully under HSMP. How does the revised HSMP affect me?

A: Not at all. It is important to note that once you have entered under the programme you are in a category that has
an avenue to settlement. Those who have already entered under HSMP will be allowed to stay and apply for
settlement after four years qualifying residence regardless of these revisions to HSMP
One would not migrate on the basis of a one year permit but on the basis of a programme which leads to settlement in which no minimum income criteria are laid out. Also the scheme was not sector specific like US H1B visa which does not promise settlement, hence it is against basic fairness to introduce the income threshold midway. Other countries also have programmes for skilled migrants but they give ILR on entry. If you are highly successful do not belittle others with a lesser degree of success than you.

Passionate_UK
Newly Registered

HSMP Extension Approved.

Post by Passionate_UK » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:14 am

Hi Friends,

Please find my approval timelines below.

Application received by home office on 27th Oct 2006.
Letter confirming receipt of application dated 04th Nov.

Approval Letter dated 20th Nov.
Documents & passport received on 22nd Nov.

Four year Residence permit stamped on the passports.

Thanks AK

Amry
Newly Registered

Post by Amry » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:08 pm

Rog wrote:Amry,

I am reproducing a section of FAQ from the original HSMP scheme under which I had applied
24.10 Q: I have already applied successfully under HSMP. How does the revised HSMP affect me?

A: Not at all. It is important to note that once you have entered under the programme you are in a category that has
an avenue to settlement. Those who have already entered under HSMP will be allowed to stay and apply for
settlement after four years qualifying residence regardless of these revisions to HSMP
One would not migrate on the basis of a one year permit but on the basis of a programme which leads to settlement in which no minimum income criteria are laid out. Also the scheme was not sector specific like US H1B visa which does not promise settlement, hence it is against basic fairness to introduce the income threshold midway. Other countries also have programmes for skilled migrants but they give ILR on entry. If you are highly successful do not belittle others with a lesser degree of success than you.
Not sure what the relevance of that quote was, as HSMP still leads to settlement, if you qualify for extensions at the time of extension. (You were not guaranteed extension then and you are not now, so no change there.) Anyone that entered the UK on 1 or 2 year HSMP permits expecting automatic extensions did not understand what was on offer to them.

Obviously immigration schemes such as HSMP are modified from time to time to ensure the scheme continues to meet the aims it was created to achieve.

Telling someone to accept that they do not qualify, and that they need to accept the Home Office rules (that most British citizens would find more than reasonable) in order for them to be able to move on and do what is best for themselves should not be taken to be belittling.

aqilzeeshan

Post by aqilzeeshan » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:33 pm

Hi Amry,

You are talking like a genius and some genius like you probably decided to apply these rules on existing HSMP holders who are expecting extension in next few months. Let me prove you how much intellegent you are.

There is a guy i know who scored 65 points ( 0 point in education as he has 3 year gradation which is not equaivaltent to uk graduation, full points in earning , full points in experience ) and came to uk , being highly skilled as per your definition ( got job in 5 days ) , earning 64K per annum right now paying tax of 1.5K per month , Now he has full points of earning 45, again 0 points of education ( as expected ) , 20 points of age and 5 points of UK experience, means 70 points and have to leave UK.

In what fool's paradise you call it managed migration ?

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:38 pm

Amry, I think you have a very different opinion in this issue but have drawn some incorrect inferences. One never came in expecting "automatic" extensions, since the conditions under which extension would be provided were clearly spelled out at the time of application which was being economically active in one's specified field and to earn enough to support self and family (This is HO definition, not my suggestion as you have said in your earlier post). Managerial salaries as offered by all large corporations in my specified field under which I claimed HSMP are in the nature of 21k-27k.

The HO quote I have given is extremely relevent as it clearly states that future revisions to the scheme would not apply on those applying at that time. The issue here is changing rules, introducing new criteria and applying the same retrospectively which I think is unjustified and you are of the opinion that it is OK. Hence there is no point in further continuing this discussion.

Amry
Newly Registered

Post by Amry » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:10 pm

Rog wrote:The HO quote I have given is extremely relevent as it clearly states that future revisions to the scheme would not apply on those applying at that time.
This is not true at all. The quote refers to specific updates to "Initial Application" stage of HSMP that were made a long time ago. The dated FAQ says that the revisions to the "Initial Application" criteria will not affect those that had already been granted an Initial stay.

Even with the November 7 2006 changes, the granting of the Initial stay is not affected by the change in the rules. So they have been consistent.

www.workingintheuk.gov.uk clearly states that extension cases will be evaluated against the current criteria at the time the application for extension is made.

The changes are very hard on some honest hard working families, sometimes even traumatic. The changes are by no means kind to many families.

But there is no solution or way forward in crying out against the Home Office rules.