ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

holderp177
Newly Registered

Post by holderp177 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:04 pm

kid13 wrote:I thought it might be interesting to see - someone who posted their timeline on a diff site applied a week before we did, and already got their BRP:

Applied for FLR(M) 15-5-2012
Biometrics completed 6-6-2012
FLR(M) BRP issued 18-6-2012
BRP card received 27-06-2012

About 6 weeks from start to finish for this lucky person!!
I have checked the website you stated and did not see any post to this effect can you copy and paste the link please

kid13

Post by kid13 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:36 pm

holderp177, it's here on a signature at the bottom of the page:

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=67782.315

seems like you have a similar timeline to us (applied 22 May)

tommyc
Newly Registered

Post by tommyc » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:11 pm

i'm no expert (although i feel ive been studying this process in depth for several months now!) but I really feel that it wont take the 2 years threatened by the previous MP's office!! although 6 months is a fair guess as they seem to be taking longer and longer to even get to the applications!

aditipritam

Re: Telephone Officers

Post by aditipritam » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:57 pm

neveragain wrote:Kid 13........ I got the impression the lady I spoke to was looking up my details on a computer database. I certainly didn't get to speak with a case officer as my application doesn't have one yet! My MP's office also called UKBA for me but also didn't get anywhere. One thing I would say is that I have now been told on every occasion we contacted them that any "compelling / compassionate" reason for prioritising an application will sponsor some action. So that's one for everyone's individual conscience. We won't be doing that because we believe in honesty. Good luck to all anyhow.
UKBA is supposed to provide a service.. they ask for money we pay.. if the applicant meets the requirement, there should not be such delays.. if UKBA can't make the process quicker, they should just ask for more money and hire more people !!

reetzk
Newly Registered

Visa Decision without Biometrics!

Post by reetzk » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:53 am

Hi there, update on my status.

I submitted my FLR(M) on 19 June and withdrew it on 25 June.

Booked a PEO on 1 Aug.

Asked my MP to chase for the return of documents (as I did not want to risk not having them back by 1 Aug)

I received my documents today (13 July) and in it was a letter stating:
"Thank you for your request to withdraw your FLR(M) application, however when looking at your application I was able to make an immediate decision"

I also received a letter stating my biometrics will be with me in 7 working days.

This is partly good news.

Because....

I never received a Biometric letter and never submitted my Biometrics!?!
Called UKBA & was advised to write to my case worker to explain that I've kinda skipped a step in the whole process.

Will keep updating as I try to rectify this.

holderp177
Newly Registered

Post by holderp177 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:35 am

kid13 wrote:holderp177, it's here on a signature at the bottom of the page:

Yes it appears so.

aditipritam

Re: Visa Decision without Biometrics!

Post by aditipritam » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:15 pm

reetzk wrote:Hi there, update on my status.

Booked a PEO on 1 Aug.

Asked my MP to chase for the return of documents (as I did not want to risk not having them back by 1 Aug)

"Thank you for your request to withdraw your FLR(M) application, however when looking at your application I was able to make an immediate decision"

I also received a letter stating my biometrics will be with me in 7 working days.

Because....

Called UKBA & was advised to write to my case worker to explain that I've kinda skipped a step in the whole process.

I say you are lucky

indespair

FLR (M)

Post by indespair » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:07 pm

Hey, guys, look what I found
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/2 ... ing-210606

God bless Mr Dave Robinson for being so persistent in enquiry but for some reason all the numbers made me even more confused!! What do you say?

tommyc
Newly Registered

Post by tommyc » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:28 pm

those figures just don't make sense judging from applicants on this website. average time to completion 52 days, and yet of those applying in april only 13% have been dispatched????

indespair

FLR M

Post by indespair » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:33 pm

tommyc wrote:those figures just don't make sense judging from applicants on this website. average time to completion 52 days, and yet of those applying in april only 13% have been dispatched????
That's what I meant. :)Good to know my Math is still ok :) Thanks tommyc.

aditipritam

Post by aditipritam » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:28 am

tommyc wrote:those figures just don't make sense judging from applicants on this website.
what do u mean, there r more applicants than quoted or less ??

ken2mj
Newly Registered

Post by ken2mj » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:34 am

Looks like this one might be worth keeping an eye on:

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/f ... ting_times

19 working days and counting...

Oh hi by the way :)

Asainwife
Newly Registered

Post by Asainwife » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:05 am

holderp177 wrote:
kid13 wrote:holderp177, it's here on a signature at the bottom of the page:

Yes it appears so.

Hi all..first post here so I hope I do it correctly...

I see this post referred to above and 2 things strike me as odd...
1) how the process from Biometrics to ID card has taken only 21 days!
2) how the card was received on 27/06 BUT this commet was posted on the site on 09/06 ????

by way my timeline was Biometrics completed on 28th March and still waiting. I have seen people posting that documents + ID card have been processed and received on 24th June onwards from Biometrics done on 13th March. Since then I have seen no evidence that anyone has been processed since Biometric date 13th March! It seems to have stopped!

kid13

Post by kid13 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:09 am

Asainwife wrote:
2) how the card was received on 27/06 BUT this commet was posted on the site on 09/06 ????
hi Asanwife, I think that's because he updated his details within his signature, and that would be updated in all of his older posts (like that one).

tommyc
Newly Registered

Post by tommyc » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:27 am

what do u mean, there r more applicants than quoted or less ??
the stats say that it took an average of 52 days for all completed applications from jan to april 2012 - so the rest fo us waiting here obviously arent included in that average figure.

the 13% of postal application from april being sent out already is concerning - my 'straightforward' application was sent to UKBA 3rd March and still no news since biometrics on 31st march

kid13

Post by kid13 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:44 am

The data shows "TOTAL Postal FLR (M) Cases Created (Main Applicant Only between 1st January & 31st May 2012"

Who knows when a case is regarded as 'created'? The moment it is received? The moment it is given to a caseworker? Or the moment it reaches the top of the pile and is actively being considered?

allymcb
Newly Registered

Post by allymcb » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:38 pm

Hello
Just wanted to add our timeline, having now caught up with this thread. Have to say it was a shock to read about the ´waiting times´part of the website which we also never saw before having assumed you found the info via ´processing times´
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... tingtimes/
If we had known this we would have applied in person and paid the extra money!

Our timeline: all 2012
Date applied: 26 April
Ack received: 4 May
Biometrics letter received: 8 May
Biometrics taken: 12 May
Decision letter/passports back: Still waiting
Biometric card: Still waiting

So coming up the 3 months now and are thinking we might have to wait until September at least for a response!

Question: During the last three months I´ve moved some of my money about to ensure I get the best deal for my savings (seeing that I have to support my husband for longer than expected for his visa to be processed). I haven´t closed any accounts but am worried if they check them the money won´t be there (although it will be in other accounts so my overall finances total is the same minus what we´ve needed to spend in the last 3 months). Does anyone know if this could cause a problem in the checking process?

Thanks

Still.Waiting

Re: FLR (M)

Post by Still.Waiting » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:07 am

indespair wrote:Hey, guys, look what I found
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/2 ... ing-210606

God bless Mr Dave Robinson for being so persistent in enquiry but for some reason all the numbers made me even more confused!! What do you say?
So basically according to this report most of the applications (1105 out of 3610) are decided within a month. Which means on avg they decide 31% of the applications within a month AND, get this, only 561 out of 3610 were decided within 4 months, WHAT:!::!::?: :? thats a white lie my friends !!! :? :?

Doesn't make any sense or maybe im getting this wrong. I would defo have this report reassessed by someone more competent or an outside party:!:

reetzk
Newly Registered

Post by reetzk » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:42 pm

Booked a PEO on 1 Aug.

Because....

Update on my unusual situation. My case worker just called me (from a Blocked number - damn it!). She received my letter and is now sending out a BRP letter via Special Delivery so fingers crossed - all going well, I can get my biometrics appointment asap & everything will be over!

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:23 pm

reetzk wrote:

Booked a PEO on 1 Aug.
Were you gonna forfeit your fees when you decided to withdraw your application and pay additional £867?

I am just trying to understand how this w0rks because i have been thinking about doin the same.

reetzk
Newly Registered

Post by reetzk » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:43 pm

Still.Waiting wrote:
reetzk wrote:

Booked a PEO on 1 Aug.
Were you gonna forfeit your fees when you decided to withdraw your application and pay additional £867?

I am just trying to understand how this w0rks because i have been thinking about doin the same.
Yes I was. It was the only way

fury_161
Newly Registered

FLR(M)

Post by fury_161 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:37 pm

Waiting for my wife's FLR(M) after she got the fiancee visa no problem in her home country... usual story - its a long drawn out mess in the UK!

Times:
Application made: 08/05/2012
Acknowledgment letter: 21/05/2012
Biometrics letter: 22/05/2012
Biometrics done: 30/05/2012........
.........the rest? WAITING!

worst thing is a really need to do some traveling for work soon but they have my passport - don't want to recall it and endanger the application and stupidly didn't get a 2nd passport before the application...

the horror

John

fury_161
Newly Registered

Post by fury_161 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:41 pm

allymcb wrote:Hello
Just wanted to add our timeline, having now caught up with this thread. Have to say it was a shock to read about the ´waiting times´part of the website which we also never saw before having assumed you found the info via ´processing times´
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... tingtimes/
If we had known this we would have applied in person and paid the extra money!

Our timeline: all 2012
Date applied: 26 April
Ack received: 4 May
Biometrics letter received: 8 May
Biometrics taken: 12 May
Decision letter/passports back: Still waiting
Biometric card: Still waiting

So coming up the 3 months now and are thinking we might have to wait until September at least for a response!

Question: During the last three months I´ve moved some of my money about to ensure I get the best deal for my savings (seeing that I have to support my husband for longer than expected for his visa to be processed). I haven´t closed any accounts but am worried if they check them the money won´t be there (although it will be in other accounts so my overall finances total is the same minus what we´ve needed to spend in the last 3 months). Does anyone know if this could cause a problem in the checking process?

Thanks
allmcb you are a bit in front of us in the process!! let us know how it goes!!!!!

Shine234
Newly Registered

Post by Shine234 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:34 pm

Hi all,

I have done my biometric on 18 April, 2012. Till date I didn't hear from them. Now thinking of sending a letter to them.

Pls help me.. to whom and which address should I use to send the letter?

thanks in advance for ur reply

allymcb
Newly Registered

Post by allymcb » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:10 pm

fury_161 wrote:
allmcb you are a bit in front of us in the process!! let us know how it goes!!!!!
No worries fury_161 happy to update here and would be interesting to see when you get yours as our dates are pretty close.