ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:16 pm

nothing in yesterday's post. I am not even expecting it any time soon. Have already requested for reissue. I think ill start looking for the letter from end of next week.

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:25 pm

Guys...I dont know but thought and called once again today....and the answer was going through checks, the guy said it going through immigration checks for the last two month....i dont know why it takes so long for them to do these checks :?:
Surprisingly i had talked to this guy previous call..i was able to easily recognize his voice...but this time he told totally different answer..

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:38 pm

rnr79 wrote:Guys...I dont know but thought and called once again today....and the answer was going through checks, the guy said it going through immigration checks for the last two month....i dont know why it takes so long for them to do these checks :?:
Surprisingly i had talked to this guy previous call..i was able to easily recognize his voice...but this time he told totally different answer..
it means somthing going on with your applicatin when i called last time the standered answere WAITIN FOR ALLOWCATION TO CW. can you tell me if they allowcate to casworker then how long it should take
NAZIA XX

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:42 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
rnr79 wrote:Guys...I dont know but thought and called once again today....and the answer was going through checks, the guy said it going through immigration checks for the last two month....i dont know why it takes so long for them to do these checks :?:
it means somthing going on with your applicatin when i called last time the standered answere WAITIN FOR ALLOWCATION TO CW. can you tell me if they allowcate to casworker then how long it should take
I am really not sure if anything is happening, he said its not allocated to case worker....I dont think we can tell any specific time frame that how long it is going to take after allocation to case worker...

and to be honest i have given hope..and prepared to hear the worst news...but still it is so hard for me why it takes so long to process very simple case

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:57 pm

rnr79 wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:
I am really not sure if anything is happening, he said its not allocated to case worker....I dont think we can tell any specific time frame that how long it is going to take after allocation to case worker...

and to be honest i have given hope..and prepared to hear the worst news...but still it is so hard for me why it takes so long to process very simple case
yes same here but if it dose happend somthing worst atlest we know the reason and no need to wait then but i dont think there will be any reason to refuse its why would they refuse if we have done nothing they cant refuse if something live in different adress or some other silly reason. BC requirment are completed when we sent off the application so thats why still got the hope but only have to wait which so tough and painfull.
NAZIA XX

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:04 pm

It has been longer than the wait time for march / April application which is making me more anxious

pkalluri
Newly Registered

Post by pkalluri » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:10 pm

Naturalisation is a discretionary power. There is no right of appeal against a refusal of naturalisation. However, reasons must be given and there is no limit on the scope of judicial review of such a refusal.

TahirMahmood
Newly Registered

Post by TahirMahmood » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:19 pm

HO received my application on 18th April....Called to day for the update. I was told that application is going through initial checks and could take 3-6 months....

CheerfulBelle
Newly Registered

Post by CheerfulBelle » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:20 pm

To those who are despairing, I just wanted to say hope is around the corner.

I was one of those who had problems with payment, and was told they only started processing my application on the 21st of June! This was after sending it via NCS on the 17th of May. The payment slip was lost along the way, so you can imagine the frustration.

I rang the UKBA on the 21/07/11 and was told it was awaiting allocation and would take up to six months to process. You can imagine my surprise when I received my approval letter this morning (dated 25.07.11).

To be frank, I had resigned myself to six months or more of waiting, and was not expecting the letter at all.
So in short, yours could be around the corner too. Every dog has his day, and your day will surely come!

Can I also take the opportunity to thank everyone for your support and camaraderie. It makes all the difference for what can be a lonely and frustrating experience.

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:25 pm

CheerfulBelle wrote:To those who are despairing, I just wanted to say hope is around the corner.

I was one of those who had problems with payment, and was told they only started processing my application on the 21st of June! This was after sending it via NCS on the 17th of May. The payment slip was lost along the way, so you can imagine the frustration.

I rang the UKBA on the 21/07/11 and was told it was awaiting allocation and would take up to six months to process. You can imagine my surprise when I received my approval letter this morning (dated 25.07.11).

To be frank, I had resigned myself to six months or more of waiting, and was not expecting the letter at all.
So in short, yours could be around the corner too. Every dog has his day, and your day will surely come!

Can I also take the opportunity to thank everyone for your support and camaraderie. It makes all the difference for what can be a lonely and frustrating experience.

CONGRAT

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:58 pm

CheerfulBelle wrote:To those who are despairing, I just wanted to say hope is around the corner.

heyy congrates the same story i had my payment declined and my process start only from 20/06/11 finger cross i will hear something good soon.
NAZIA XX

durian

Post by durian » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:19 am

Hope it won't take too long for those still waiting(Nazia88, rnr79 et al.) Mine was received by UKBA on the 27th June and approval given on 26th July. Straightforward application, postal route, and I did a covering letter. :|

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:24 am

durian wrote:Hope it won't take too long for those still waiting(Nazia88, rnr79 et al.) Mine was received by UKBA on the 27th June and approval given on 26th July. Straightforward application, postal route, and I did a covering letter. :|
Congrats durian.

Good luck rnr,nazia and all waiting!

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:25 pm

durian wrote:Hope it won't take too long for those still waiting(Nazia88, rnr79 et al.) Mine was received by UKBA on the 27th June and approval given on 26th July. Straightforward application, postal route, and I did a covering letter. :|
congrates mate its super fast and amazing and thanks for wishing we were thinking its straightforward aswel but dont know what went wrong with us still waiting and its over 65 days :( :( but i am still happy for those who have recieved and good luck for ceromony.
NAZIA XX

semsem
Newly Registered

Post by semsem » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:39 pm

The time of processing the cases has nothing to do with the cases being straight forward or complicated. I personally believe the whole thing is decided by the case worker in 20-30 minutes and not any more. The thing is that the case worker picks your file. I based that assumption on what happens in the ILR application if you lucky enough and make the same day service, the whole thing is decided when you are sitting with the case worker. If you make a postal application it might take months.

gc123

Post by gc123 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:53 pm

AFTER my approval is received i am tempted to make a Freedom of Information request for some details about the processes and in particular why some straightforward cases are processed very quickly whilst other straightforward cases take many months

The UKBA will do their best to LIE and say that all cases are different, checks have to be undertaken etc. etc.

But i think that by asking the RIGHT questions (it might take co-ordinated FOI requests from a number of forumites) you could show that their actions are unreasonable and illegal because the applications are processed not on merit but depending on whether or not the individual caseworker can be bothered / is on top of his work / is on long term sick leave / hates his job / is waiting to be made redundant etc.

karwan1

Post by karwan1 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:53 pm

now it is 200 days while I am waiting for the case worker to get rid of his/her hung over from yesterday's drinking...may be taking few antiemetics and lots of water...may and just may be he/she has paid some of their bills on time, still managing to lie to his/her partner (if any) that they will look after each other...and after all this...may be...just may be that this lazy case worker would be in a good mood to finally...finally pick my file form that big pile he/she accumulated over few months....for simple reason.....they are lazy...money maker....nothing to do with straightforward...super simple...super complex, complicated...bla..bla..bla....after all...who define this if nobody look at your file in the first place....

Sam_London

Post by Sam_London » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:14 pm

GC123- Thats already in progress. A dr has challanged them for som information.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 747#522747

I just wish to know whats the hold up and why am I waiting since 3rd May.

radwho1
Newly Registered

change of address

Post by radwho1 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:40 pm

Hi Guys,

I am planning to move house. I guess it should be straightforward to just inform UKBA of the change of address while the application is being processed. Do you think changing address at this stage (my app is less than a month old) can cause problems, e.g., UKBA ending up sending documents/queries at the wrong address?

Thanks!

Nazia88

Re: change of address

Post by Nazia88 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:07 pm

radwho1 wrote:Hi Guys,

I am planning to move house. I guess it should be straightforward to just inform UKBA of the change of address while the application is being processed. Do you think changing address at this stage (my app is less than a month old) can cause problems, e.g., UKBA ending up sending documents/queries at the wrong address?

Thanks!
you can phone them first and find out about your application first and then update your new address its a simple process they will do on the over the phone.

you can write them aswel and dont forget to sign it at the end there shouldnt be any probl. goodluck
NAZIA XX

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:07 pm

Looking at the approvals last week from many members, dont know why but I was really positive. Never have I waited for the post so anxiously, but to my dismay nothing on Saturday... I guess I will call them this week and find out.

Good luck to all who are waiting for their approval...It will come

Prav

jamesinderby
Newly Registered

Post by jamesinderby » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:43 pm

I could be wrong, but after looking at the timeline thread a couple of times, I think there may be three teams dealing with applications: the fast one (finishing a case in about one month time - those who applied in June and have got results in July could have been processed by this team), the mediocre (requiring two months to process) and the slow one (three months or more). Not necessarily there are three teams, but processing time can seem to be categorisied to three groups, as above.

Anyway, the good news is, I hope, the slower two teams are appearing to meet half way (mid May applications) soon, meaning backlog may be fast reduced. I predict the speed of approvals is going to start to pick up next one or two weeks.

Good luck to us all....

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:56 pm

jamesinderby wrote:I could be wrong, but after looking at the timeline thread a couple of times, I think there may be three teams dealing with applications: the fast one (finishing a case in about one month time - those who applied in June and have got results in July could have been processed by this team), the mediocre (requiring two months to process) and the slow one (three months or more). Not necessarily there are three teams, but processing time can seem to be categorisied to three groups, as above.

Anyway, the good news is, I hope, the slower two teams are appearing to meet half way (mid May applications) soon, meaning backlog may be fast reduced. I predict the speed of approvals is going to start to pick up next one or two weeks.

Good luck to us all....
we all hope so thanks for wishing x
NAZIA XX

karwan1

Post by karwan1 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:00 pm

I like the idea of sub-grouping teams...bit funny though...well this is my theory...there is two teams....team 1 deal with all people who are called John Smith...this team is very fast...u get result within days-coule of weeks max, team 2 is dealing with people called by names other than John Smith....this team is very lazy and slow....just kidding...we all will get it one day or another....it is a matter of time.

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:05 pm

karwan1 wrote:I like the idea of sub-grouping teams...bit funny though...well this is my theory...there is two teams....team 1 deal with all people who are called John Smith...this team is very fast...u get result within days-coule of weeks max, team 2 is dealing with people called by names other than John Smith....this team is very lazy and slow....just kidding...we all will get it one day or another....it is a matter of time.

haha - karwan1 - I almost bought your theory!

Best Wishes all...hang in there!