ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:35 pm

In my own opinion filling another application may cause confusion. Already the HO is a confused organization. You may be surprised that HO may make decision on both applications. Hopefully you will receive a postive decision.
Your expectation will manifest very soon

junaidmirza

Re: FLRO vs HLDP

Post by junaidmirza » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:39 pm

Wariko wrote:Hi all ,

Would like to share my storie with you, hopefully I may get some advices .

I was granted a DL for 3 years in 2008 on article 8 ground , married , father of 2 british children's .

On 1 August 2011 I sent my application for extension using a HLDP form after been advise by HO officer , 2 days later was told by a friend the the right form should be the FLRO form .

Rang again the HO and explained the situation and so told not to filled and send an other application on FLRO . But send a clarification letter instead .

Still never recieved any reply of acknowledgment about my application. Call after call after call .

The answer was ( your application is look at ) went fron frustration to frustration .

My mum been very I'll but couldn't travel , cant that my family on holiday .

Had my local pm involved in the mater , but the answer was still the same .

Till 2 months ago I decided to give the HO a new call , luckily the lady at the HO was willing the listing to my cries , and said to me that I should have filled and send an other application using FLRO form long ago .

She advised me to send a new application and explain the misunderstanding .

Finally sent my application on 12 August 13
acknowledgment recieved on 14 August 13
Biometric done on 17 August 13
Now waiting.

My question is , what are my chances ? Could the HO take into consideration the 2 years spent waiting ?

By the rule could the HO issue me a other 3 years ? Or give me 1 year to complete 6 years on DL .

Thanks for reading me .
HPDL forms are and were only for some one given DLR on failed asylum basis and not in your case. The advice given by the lady from HO was right to send FLR(O) when you realized your mistake.
As far as i know, as you have been in contact with them and never received any decision from HO and then filled and sent FLR(O) application, you ll be fine. As you have also received and gave the biometrics, it means HO is considering your application.
As long as further extension is concerned, you are eligible to apply for ILR after living 6 years on DLR and if the HO grants you an extension, you can apply for ILR after 1 year as you have lived legally on DLR for 5 years already (assuming HO never refused or declined your HPDL application).

Wariko
Newly Registered

Post by Wariko » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:52 pm

Thank you all for the precision about my case , it has really been frustrating .
Hopping now that there won't be any more delay in term of decision making ( well this is the HO) .

My HLDP application has never been decline or refused , but has been log into the HO database , till I recently did send a new Application On FLRO.

Praying at moment , may the lord make things happened.

junaidmirza

Post by junaidmirza » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:25 pm

Wariko wrote:Thank you all for the precision about my case , it has really been frustrating .
Hopping now that there won't be any more delay in term of decision making ( well this is the HO) .

My HLDP application has never been decline or refused , but has been log into the HO database , till I recently did send a new Application On FLRO.

Praying at moment , may the lord make things happened.
Don't worry, every thing will be fine Inshah Allah

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:44 pm

Evening all! No good news to report at all. To all those who have been refused, hang on in there!! Your day shall come. Remain in prayer. Prayer and faith is the key. Just want to share a link with you guys as you go about your travels.

http://www.immigrantx.org/?page_id=553

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:57 pm

Also,just be careful and aware of your Facebook profiles as there are some reports emerging of UKBA agents adding spousal visa applicants as "friends on FB. So just be careful!!!!!

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

7 year child concession rule

Post by amjadleeds » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:21 pm

Hi everyone

Please can you share if any body won appeal / visa authorize on basis of 7 years child concession rule.
My kids nine year in this country still they refused waiting for appeal date, even main applicant ILR application is still pending. Please guys share your experience on basis of 7year child rule FLRO

Regards
Amjad leeds

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:30 pm

Sarah06 wrote:Please advise: My friend’s hubby was refused on the 1st of Aug 2013 on his FLRO.
The solicitor got the letter on 5th of August and failed to notify them until Monday the 19th and the appeal date ended on that same Monday. Please what should they do? Can they still appeal, though they met a new lawyer who advised them to appeal today?

@sarah..they can still appeal and claim lawyer negligence for the failure to inform them on time. ..the new lawyer shoild be able to advice them.

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:05 am

[quote="nilemarques"]Evening all! No good news to report at all. To all those who have been refused, hang on in there!! Your day shall come. Remain in prayer. Prayer and faith is the key. Just want to share a link with you guys as you go about your travels.

http://www.immigrantx.org/?page_id=553[/quote

nilemarques- thanks for the info on the stop and search immigrant x.

It shows that we are our brothers keeper

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Re: 7 year child concession rule

Post by Kukuwife » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:14 am

amjadleeds wrote:Hi everyone

Please can you share if any body won appeal / visa authorize on basis of 7 years child concession rule.
My kids nine year in this country still they refused waiting for appeal date, even main applicant ILR application is still pending. Please guys share your experience on basis of 7year child rule FLRO

Regards
Amjad leeds
Amjadleeds- not to worry so much. This is a waiting game, By God grace you will win the appeal.
When your child is ten register him/her as British citizen.
Your ILR is still pending
All will be in your favour soon.

hatchsead

Re: 7 year child concession rule

Post by hatchsead » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:26 am

amjadleeds wrote:Hi everyone

Regards
Amjad leeds

You are alright to reapply for the 7 year rule again and perhaps register your child as a British citizen once he/she turns 10 years in the UK. Your case could have been decided by a £6.50 an hour off the street agency worker.

This is the more reason you need to pray that who soever needs to be removed, changed or transferred at the HO by God for my sake for me to be granted a favorable decision in this land should come to pass.

The Lord will show you His mercy, it is well with you and your family.

Sarah06

Post by Sarah06 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:48 am

[quote="Believe2013"]Afternoon All,

@sarah06 I assume the appeal was supposed to be sent to the HO first hence the 10 days bla bla. Technically if your friend's counsel are appealing they have 28 days from the refusal date to submit the application for permission to proceed with JR to the administrative court. (The actual JR process and hearing is a high court thing) It can be slightly misleading and confusing because the entire JR process needs to be filed within 3 months of the refusal. So they still have time to collate and submit your friend's bundle for the Administrative Courts to review. Tell her not to worry at all as 28 days have not yet elapsed. Disgraceful behaviour from her former solicitors. I hope this helps.

NB above is applicable to those given right of appeal and those NOT GIVEN you have 3 months to do the PAP, application for Permission for JR and JR itself, if granted permission to proceed[/quote
Thanks for the information ,this will lift their strength.

Sarah06

Post by Sarah06 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:51 am

CrystalNewbie wrote:
Sarah06 wrote:Please advise: My friend’s hubby was refused on the 1st of Aug 2013 on his FLRO.
The solicitor got the letter on 5th of August and failed to notify them until Monday the 19th and the appeal date ended on that same Monday. Please what should they do? Can they still appeal, though they met a new lawyer who advised them to appeal today?

@sarah..they can still appeal and claim lawyer negligence for the failure to inform them on time. ..the new lawyer shoild be able to advice them.
Thanks

Sarah06

Post by Sarah06 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:05 am

Morning all,
Good news coming our ways, just waiting for the post man.
It's so hard to keep going. Please God give me strength to continue through this trial. I am losing hope and getting weak but I know with you ALL things are possible. In Jesus name

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:58 am

Sarah06 wrote:Morning all,
It's so hard to keep going. Please God give me strength to continue through this trial. I am losing hope and getting weak but I know with you ALL things are possible. In Jesus name
Morning luv!! Yeah this month sucks-big time #losinghope #gettingweak too :(
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

junaidmirza

Post by junaidmirza » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:04 am

Spoke to HO today regarding my application and lady took my number and told me that she will call me back as she needs to make some inquiries. Received a call later on today and she told me that the case will be decided in next 2 to 3 weeks... Fingers cross guys... Inshah Allah a good news i will be sharing soon

astro123

Post by astro123 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:05 am

[quote="verbina"][quote="Kukuwife"]assuming that when partners are not together will help the case may be wrong with respect to bristsh kids.[/quote]

Yeah its totally wrong, but sadly true :( . As if the parents are together then it has to be a spouse application with 18.600 income etc[/quote]

Hello Verbina, could you explain it further, what do you mean when you say if the parents are together they have to prove 18600 income, does it apply even if you are applying for flro. I thought you only have to do this if you are applying for flrm and that you might have to have an existing leave to do that. Please explain it further in a lay man terms. thanks

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:17 am

astro123 wrote:
verbina wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:assuming that when partners are not together will help the case may be wrong with respect to bristsh kids.
Yeah its totally wrong, but sadly true :( . As if the parents are together then it has to be a spouse application with 18.600 income etc

Hello Verbina, could you explain it further, what do you mean when you say if the parents are together they have to prove 18600 income, does it apply even if you are applying for flro. I thought you only have to do this if you are applying for flrm and that you might have to have an existing leave to do that. Please explain it further in a lay man terms. thanks
Afraid so :(, hence one can not apply for a leave as a 'parent of a child in UK' if they qualify first as a partner.
So in simple terms if you are separated from the other parent then all you have to prove is that you have contact with your child, play active role in their upbringing, have adequate accommodation and means to support yourself without recourse to public funds.
But if your still together with the other parent you must apply as a partner and have 18.600 threshold etc shit ....

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:24 am

@SARAH AND VERBINA PLS DONT BE DEPRESSED,,IAM PRAYIN FOR YOU ALL....SOMETHIN GOOD WILL COME OUT OF THIS ENDLESS WAIT.....

shareen24h

pr

Post by shareen24h » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:34 am

[quote="yummymummy3j"]@SARAH AND VERBINA PLS DONT BE DEPRESSED,,IAM PRAYIN FOR YOU ALL....SOMETHIN GOOD WILL COME OUT OF THIS ENDLESS WAIT.....[/quote]

Hi yummymummy3j

Please remember me in your prayer.

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:35 am

yummymummy3j wrote:@SARAH AND VERBINA PLS DONT BE DEPRESSED,,IAM PRAYIN FOR YOU ALL....SOMETHIN GOOD WILL COME OUT OF THIS ENDLESS WAIT.....
Awwwh thank you angel....xxx

astro123

Post by astro123 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:02 pm

[quote="verbina"][quote="astro123"][quote="verbina"][quote="Kukuwife"]assuming that when partners are not together will help the case may be wrong with respect to bristsh kids.[/quote]

Yeah its totally wrong, but sadly true :( . As if the parents are together then it has to be a spouse application with 18.600 income etc[/quote]

Hello Verbina, could you explain it further, what do you mean when you say if the parents are together they have to prove 18600 income, does it apply even if you are applying for flro. I thought you only have to do this if you are applying for flrm and that you might have to have an existing leave to do that. Please explain it further in a lay man terms. thanks[/quote]

Afraid so :(, hence one can not apply for a leave as a 'parent of a child in UK' if they qualify first as a partner.
So in simple terms if you are separated from the other parent then all you have to prove is that you have contact with your child, play active role in their upbringing, have adequate accommodation and means to support yourself without recourse to public funds.
But if your still together with the other parent you must apply as a partner and have 18.600 threshold etc shit ....[/quote]

So in that case you will have to apply for flrm or flro? And you cannot do it if you do not have an existing leave. Is that it? So what happens to the EX1 then. Thanks

Sarah06

Post by Sarah06 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:04 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@SARAH AND VERBINA PLS DONT BE DEPRESSED,,IAM PRAYIN FOR YOU ALL....SOMETHIN GOOD WILL COME OUT OF THIS ENDLESS WAIT.....
:D :D :D :lol: Thanks hun, Our Day of Atonement is approaching

Sarah06

Post by Sarah06 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:14 pm

verbina wrote:
Sarah06 wrote:Morning all,
Morning luv!! Yeah this month sucks-big time #losinghope #gettingweak too :(
We are creative thinkers, we have to be positive, smile, and make our life and dream count. We have to fight, if though sometimes we lose hope. But people in this forum help in lifting our fighting spirit.

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:20 pm

astro123 wrote:
verbina wrote:
astro123 wrote:
verbina wrote:
Yeah its totally wrong, but sadly true :( . As if the parents are together then it has to be a spouse application with 18.600 income etc

But if your still together with the other parent you must apply as a partner and have 18.600 threshold etc shit ....

So in that case you will have to apply for flrm or flro? And you cannot do it if you do not have an existing leave. Is that it? So what happens to the EX1 then. Thanks
I have no idea hun, sorry :( , maybe somebody on here could clarify for us????