ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:24 pm

astro123 wrote:
verbina wrote:
astro123 wrote:
verbina wrote:
Yeah its totally wrong, but sadly true :( . As if the parents are together then it has to be a spouse application with 18.600 income etc

Hello Verbina, could you explain it further, what do you mean when you say if the parents are together they have to prove 18600 income, does it apply even if you are applying for flro. I thought you only have to do this if you are applying for flrm and that you might have to have an existing leave to do that. Please explain it further in a lay man terms. thanks
Afraid so :(, hence one can not apply for a leave as a 'parent of a child in UK' if they qualify first as a partner.
So in simple terms if you are separated from the other parent then all you have to prove is that you have contact with your child, play active role in their upbringing, have adequate accommodation and means to support yourself without recourse to public funds.
But if your still together with the other parent you must apply as a partner and have 18.600 threshold etc shit ....

So in that case you will have to apply for flrm or flro? And you cannot do it if you do not have an existing leave. Is that it? So what happens to the EX1 then. Thanks
I have no idea hun, sorry :( , maybe somebody on here could clarify for us????
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:25 pm

astro123 wrote:
verbina wrote:
astro123 wrote:
verbina wrote:
Yeah its totally wrong, but sadly true :( . As if the parents are together then it has to be a spouse application with 18.600 income etc

Hello Verbina, could you explain it further, what do you mean when you say if the parents are together they have to prove 18600 income, does it apply even if you are applying for flro. I thought you only have to do this if you are applying for flrm and that you might have to have an existing leave to do that. Please explain it further in a lay man terms. thanks
Afraid so :(, hence one can not apply for a leave as a 'parent of a child in UK' if they qualify first as a partner.
So in simple terms if you are separated from the other parent then all you have to prove is that you have contact with your child, play active role in their upbringing, have adequate accommodation and means to support yourself without recourse to public funds.
But if your still together with the other parent you must apply as a partner and have 18.600 threshold etc shit ....

So in that case you will have to apply for flrm or flro? And you cannot do it if you do not have an existing leave. Is that it? So what happens to the EX1 then. Thanks

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:26 pm

astro123 wrote:
verbina wrote:
astro123 wrote:
verbina wrote:

verbina
United Kingdom

astro123 wrote:
verbina wrote:
astro123 wrote:
verbina wrote:

verbina
United Kingdom

astro123 wrote:
verbina wrote:
astro123 wrote:
verbina wrote:

I have no idea hun, sorry :( , maybe somebody on here could clarify for us???? Ooopps!! Double posted by accident

astro123

Post by astro123 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:21 pm

Hi guys, what happen to onlyme1, he has been silence for a few days. I hope everything is well with him by God's Grace.

SDP

Post by SDP » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:59 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@SARAH AND VERBINA PLS DONT BE DEPRESSED,,IAM PRAYIN FOR YOU ALL....SOMETHIN GOOD WILL COME OUT OF THIS ENDLESS WAIT.....
@ Verbina plz don't get depressed, you lift our hopes all the time, so be cool keep praying don't give up we are almost there...
You look disturbed , you have posted a single post abt 5 times..is it just the click button ....just think of your chicken lol

@sarah keep praying, be bold !

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:18 pm

SDP wrote:
yummymummy3j wrote:@SARAH AND VERBINA PLS DONT BE DEPRESSED,,IAM PRAYIN FOR YOU ALL....SOMETHIN GOOD WILL COME OUT OF THIS ENDLESS WAIT.....
@ Verbina plz don't get depressed, you lift our hopes all the time, so be cool keep praying don't give up we are almost there...
You look disturbed , you have posted a single post abt 5 times..is it just the click button ....just think of your chicken lol

@sarah keep praying, be bold !
Haha @SDP i know babe!! I havent got a clue how the hell did it happen and I cant go back and delete it either!!! Grrrr only edit !! So annoying!!!

RIGHTEOUS
Newly Registered

Post by RIGHTEOUS » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:40 pm

hie guys, i have received my biometric letter. The wierdest thing is that they are saying it is the second letter that they have sent me, i have not received my first one yet. I have 17 days to provide the information or the application is invalid. My lawyer never sent the first letter. This letter i got came straight from them. I am shocked and scared.

Is this normal? :shock: :shock:

This is my extension for my discretionary visa. I applied and got acknowledged on the 2nd of july.

SDP

Post by SDP » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:52 pm

RIGHTEOUS wrote:hie guys, i have received my biometric letter. The wierdest thing is that they are saying it is the second letter that they have sent me, i have not received my first one yet. I have 17 days to provide the information or the application is invalid. My lawyer never sent the first letter. This letter i got came straight from them. I am shocked and scared.

This is my extension for my discretionary visa. I applied and got acknowledged on the 2nd of july.
Don't worry you still have 17days to provide Biometrics do it quickly, yes your application will not be valid without biometrics. Generally HO will post a copy to you and your solicitor .

RIGHTEOUS
Newly Registered

Post by RIGHTEOUS » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:59 pm

SDP wrote:
RIGHTEOUS wrote:hie guys, i have received my biometric letter. The wierdest thing is that they are saying it is the second letter that they have sent me, i have not received my first one yet. I have 17 days to provide the information or the application is invalid. My lawyer never sent the first letter. This letter i got came straight from them. I am shocked and scared.

Don't worry you still have 17days to provide Biometrics do it quickly, yes your application will not be valid without biometrics. Generally HO will post a copy to you and your solicitor .

Thank you very much for your reply. I am just shocked that i never received the first letter. When i get the biometrics done, do i send them to the home office or the post office does it?

SDP

Post by SDP » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:00 pm

Just rang the HO after one month the answer is still the same " we haven't made any decision on you application" she also says for such type of cases we do not have a timeline.
In case I have to withdraw my application or put a reminder to the HO I need to contact the Sheffield team for which she gave me the PO box no...bla,.bla..
She also thinks that even if I send a reminder letter it will not be considered straight away !

To hell with this HO... :evil: :evil: :evil:

SDP

Post by SDP » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:03 pm

RIGHTEOUS wrote:
SDP wrote:

Thank you very much for your reply. I am just shocked that i never received the first letter. When i get the biometrics done, do i send them to the home office or the post office does it?
It's automated you need not do anything, they just take your picture and finger prints which directly go to the HO database.

RIGHTEOUS
Newly Registered

Post by RIGHTEOUS » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:13 pm

Thank you very much for the help. You have put my mind at rest. I was so confused that when i picked my daughter from school, i was saying, how was your weekend, instead of holiday... :lol: :lol: I was confused, and under shock.

RIGHTEOUS
Newly Registered

Post by RIGHTEOUS » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:17 pm

SDP wrote:Just rang the HO after one month the answer is still the same " we haven't made any decision on you application" she also says for such type of cases we do not have a timeline.
In case I have to withdraw my application or put a reminder to the HO I need to contact the Sheffield team for which she gave me the PO box no...bla,.bla..
She also thinks that even if I send a reminder letter it will not be considered straight away !

Sorry about this pal, it is really hard and sad how we get treated and how we feel frightened. I will remember you in my prayers as sdp...the LORD knows who you are. I thik the best thing we have is this forum, it really helps and keeps are strong. Thanks to you, now i feel better, i was panicking. I will remember you in my prayers as well. :)

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:53 pm

SDP I know its frustrating and that Sheffield number is super elusive, the closest I have is a fax number. It's therapeutic to vent your frustration once in a while. Anyways, the more they delay the more strength your case gains. They are a bunch of con artists & cowards, they take your money and leave you in limbo whilst massaging the net immigration figures to look good in the press - It's a shame because the British audience are gullible and subscribe to that tosh. T May spent over a £1 million in fees on the Abu Qatada libel. Well £1million we know about, possibly the figure could be double as out of the blue, the entire Qatada family volunteered to leave the country. I suspect somewhere in the region of over a million(our application fee money obviously) was paid in bribes to make them leave. Again, the gullible electorate is observing. They came in on the immigration pledge and they will go hard on it. Nothing positive and significant has been done by these 'gimps'. The courts are in disarray and constantly rebuking and questioning the legality of the decision making of the HO. Alas, some of the corrupt judges favour them. Pathetic hey! They bloody well need to grow a flippen set (if they are male of course!!!!!!) HO are renowned to be extremely & painstakingly slow to process applications but that's the least of our worries, we have bigger problems to contend with; the unfairness and discriminatory stances they seem to have adopted, deemed by Mrs May and her sidekick, Harper as acceptable. God help us all.

Rant over - good afternoon All,
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:59 pm

@shareth i will be praying for you dear....
@sdp i think you need to ask yr mp to contact them, them you slowly escalate things to ombudsman level....keep the faith bro

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:01 pm

SDP wrote:Just rang the HO after one month the answer is still the same " we haven't made any decision on you application" she also says for such type of cases we do not have a timeline.

Babe get your MP on the case!!!

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:04 pm

Ok people listen, I just got another letter from my MP!!!!

Dear miss Verbina,
I have just spoken to the senior caseworker of the RC (removals casework) Sheffield where application is being considered.
The senior caseworker has asked that you either make a charged Article 8 application in respect of your child, alternatively your legal representatives can write a letter outlining your family circumstances directly to (this senior caseworker bird her name supplied in the letter).
When the letter/application received the senior caseworker will pull the file and prioritise the case She (the senior caseworker) asked specifically to notify her of when the application/letter is sent, so that they can look out for it.
Should you decide to write directly to the senior caseworker, may I suggest that you copy me with the correspondence. I can then advise my Home Office contact who in turn will alert you senior caseworker to anticipate your correspondence.

OMG OMG OMG !!!! I literally had bloody kittens when I read that!!! I scanned and emailed the letter to my solicitor just now, so still waiting for him to get back to me... It sounds rather positive doesnt it? After the scary first letter loool
:shock:

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:13 pm

verbina wrote:Ok people listen, I just got another letter from my MP!!!!

Dear miss Verbina,
I have just spoken to the senior caseworker of the RC (removals casework) Sheffield where application is being considered.
The senior caseworker has asked that you either make a charged Article 8 application in respect of your child, alternatively your legal representatives can write a letter outlining your family circumstances directly to (this senior caseworker bird her name supplied in the letter).
When the letter/application received the senior caseworker will pull the file and prioritise the case She (the senior caseworker) asked specifically to notify her of when the application/letter is sent, so that they can look out for it.
Should you decide to write directly to the senior caseworker, may I suggest that you copy me with the correspondence. I can then advise my Home Office contact who in turn will alert you senior caseworker to anticipate your correspondence.

OMG OMG OMG !!!! I literally had bloody kittens when I read that!!! I scanned and emailed the letter to my solicitor just now, so still waiting for him to get back to me... It sounds rather positive doesnt it? After the scary first letter loool
:shock:

OK! Just got an email back from my solicitor -he said he is disappointed with the response, as he reckons if HO wanted a charged application from me they should've said long time ago... (those are his words exactly :shock: :shock: :shock:

Anyways, he said he ll discuss everything with his colleagues and phone me tomorrow!!

Urrrrm I thought he should be ecstatic with the response about putting in a paid application... more money for him etc... Very odd....

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:49 pm

Hi Verbina,

That's the first thing that sprung to my mind why they needed your MP's intervention to prompt them to ask you to make a charged application? They should have asked you to submit one ages ago more frustration on that front. looks like they are running out of excuses... Nevertheless, I would say its still very positive and at least your MP has earned 'The Honourable' title unlike most. Your man looks like he will be actively involved too should there be any delays. All the best.
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:01 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Hi Verbina,

That's the first thing that sprung to my mind why they needed your MP's intervention to prompt them to ask you to make a charged application? They should have asked you to submit one ages ago more frustration on that front. looks like they are running out of excuses... Nevertheless, I would say its still very positive and at least your MP has earned 'The Honourable' title unlike most. Your man looks like he will be actively involved too should there be any delays. All the best.
I know ! How funny I was afraid of him coz he is Theresa May's PPS!! But he turned out very supportive and proactive God bless him!!!
I guess it helps that Im probably the only one in his constituency (remote Meon Valley) who has dodgy immigration problems, in fact I think Im the only bloody immigrant around here... So its understandable that London MPs have a rather big load of similar cases...

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:37 pm

@socrates
Hope you re ok hun! Just stumbled by this :
http://www.freemovement.org.uk/2013/01/ ... erstayers/
it may be of assistance...

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:51 pm

@verbina...that is an indicator that somethin good will come out this .........congratulations in advance my dear friend.....chickens are finally bringing out teeth or perhaps they are being fitted with dentures......

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:57 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@verbina...that is an indicator that somethin good will come out this .........congratulations in advance my dear friend.....chickens are finally bringing out teeth or perhaps they are being fitted with dentures......

Ah who knows lol!! All these ups and downs every day, elevated heart rate ..
Nevermind chicken with dentures, I swear I ll end up with a pacemaker myself, or in a straight jacket.... :lol: